Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

thanks for the opinions - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / thanks for the opinions (5939 Views)

thanks for ur contributions / Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? / Do The Opinions Of Your Friends Count When Choosing A Life Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: thanks for the opinions by Guylan(m): 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2010
Sam Milla:

I think we need to see your Facebook page to determine this.
I come across near unclothed pics on Facebook daily.
Now that makes one indecent based on Muslim ideologies.
Your brother is not living in the dark ages like someone said up there.
Actually your brother knows you more than all of us.
So if he said that your multi pics makes you indecent, then he has chances of being right than those who dont know you.

Search yourself very well.

CONGRATS, YOU MADE OUR LIKELY SCENARIO SERIES LS 9

Our LS9 Is about a Nigerian Muslim Lady Living in The United States Of America.

Our girl Will be addressed as Amina.

Amina Claimed to have joined Facebook when it was only for American Students And before she knew it, She already has over 300 pictures on the Social Network tool. Amina is still single and she recently started wondering if her activities on Facebook contributes to her still being Single,

Here is our Likely Scenario For Miss Amina.

{Amina talks to herself } Wow! I am loving America, What a wonderful world here. Look at computers everywhere, I can meet new people here, make new friends, I can even post many many of my Pictures here. What is the name of the website someone introduced me to last week, uhm, Fakebook, no no, Facebook. Let me open an account and post my pictures here. Wow. It is Wonderful.

OUR GIRL AMINA REGISTERS ON FACEBOOK AND STARTED TO MEET NEW PEOPLE.

SHE TELLS HER FRIEND ABOUT FACEBOOK.

AMINA : hey Aisha, There is this new website i found Yesterday. Its called Facebook. You can meet new people there and chat with them. I meet Chris there yesterday. He said I should remove my veils so he can see my face very well. He said he like my voice but that he needed to see my face.

AISHA : Since the name is Facebook, maybe you really need to show your face. I see nothing bad about it. Its on the internet. Nobody will know about it. You can even remove your top, just do it when nobody is around. Dont let your Brother see it. You know he will tell your Daddy.

THE FOLLOWING NIGHT, AMINA CONNECTS TO CHAT WITH CHRIS AGAIN.

AMINA : Here are some of my pictures , i will post them on facebook. You can also see them there.

CHRIS : Wow, those are great Pictures Amina. You look better without veils.

Amina : Thanks Chris, I will post many more pictures on facebook without veils, I am glad you like them.

{MUSA, Amina’s Brother bursts into the room unannounced.}

MUSA : Amina whats all that unclothed pictures, wait, thats you . how could you post such Pictures on Facebook ? those are indecent Pictures. You will have to remove them.

Amina : No, i wont remove them, they are beautiful, Chris like them. [Musa interupts]

MUSA : Who is Chris ?

Amina : A handsome America guy i met online. He said the pictures are nice, he said he will marry me someday. He also said i look better without those veils, i dont wanna post any picture with veils on Facebook. Those unclothed ones are far better. i will continue to post more.

AMINA CONTINUED POSTING MANY MORE unclothed PICTURES AND 15 YEARS LATER, AMINA IS STILL SINGLE. CHRIS THE AMERICAN BOY HAS LONG DISAPPEARED. Parents are asking Amina why suitors have not showed up , Amina is worried and he approached his Brother for Advice during lunch.

Amina : Why is it that our Muslim Brothers are not looking my way. I appear decent to them in the Mosque and Market and School, why do they always look away when it comes to dating or even Asking me out, Mum and Dad are Worried that i could remain unmarried until 40, what should i do ?

Musa : I warned you about those pictures on facebook. You appear decent in Churches but you put unclothed Pictures on facebook. My guess is that they know about those Pictures. The only people who wouldnt care about those pictures are the Americans and i dont see them coming to marry a Nigerian Muslim Girl. Facebook has grown so big that everybody searches for their friends over there. Anybody who wants to marry a girl now will definitely search for her name on facebook. If they see your name with your unclothed Pictures on facebook, they will not come to you. Thats it. You have to start removing those unclothed pictures if you hope to get Married.

AMINA APPARENTLY NOT CONVINCED, DECIDED TO ASK FOR PUBLIC OPINION.

DEFINITELY SHE WILL GET POSITIVE AND unclothed OPINIONS BASED ON HOW EACH CONTRIBUTOR WAS BROUGHT UP.

SHE SHOWS UP ON THE INTERNET.

VENUE : AFRICAN ONLINE COMMUNITY.

TOPIC : Is Facebook Ruining My Chances Of Getting Married?

SAM MILLA : ACTUALLY FACEBOOK CAN BE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT DEPENDING ON THE KIND OF PICTURES YOU PUT UP THERE.

Disclaimer : this is a pure work of Imagination and Fiction. It is not intended to promote or discriminate any Religion.
If Your name appears there, it is merely by coincidence. I am responsible for any mistake on this post.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: thanks for the opinions by JustGood(m): 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2010
6. Wouldn't you rather be with a girl whose lifestyle you understand well from her pics (abroad based girls) as opposed to someone who pretends to be holy but is a total LovePeddler (naija based gals)?

The above tells me a lot about how your mind works. I am glad I am not married to a woman like you,
keep it going.

bawomolo:

there is nothing like a perfectly balanced woman. get off your high horse

She seems to be on a very high horse with no preparation for an inevitable bad fall.
Re: thanks for the opinions by vicishow(m): 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2010
I no kmow ooooo!
Re: thanks for the opinions by DAVE5(m): 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2010
@poster it all depends on ur behaviour up there in fb
@sammilla big ups
Re: thanks for the opinions by shilling(f): 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2010
Nope, it depends on the type of photos you put up there, and you said there's nothing indecent, so I guess that's okay. Your bro is prob not really aware of these things, and is worried about you.

Yep, in most cases, the number of photos you have on FB reflects how long you've been there., and how addicted you are.
Re: thanks for the opinions by SeanT21(f): 9:58pm On Feb 04, 2010
Sam Milla, Haha. Funny ooo.
Re: thanks for the opinions by samsoft(m): 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2010
Valentine, Valentine's Gifts, Valentine's Gift Tips, Valentine gift Ideas,Valentine cards, love cards, valentine's day
click the below link to learn more

Re: thanks for the opinions by peruso: 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2010
grin grin sam milla
bros u too much!!!!!!!! y u neva write one nollywood movie?

@poster
do what your heart tells u

but pls i think u ve to review that ques no 6
ANY DAY ANYTIME I ROOT FOR MY NAIJA BABES, THEY ARE TRUE TO THE BONE cool
Re: thanks for the opinions by shilling(f): 11:53pm On Feb 04, 2010
Just read that, that was really funny @ Sam Milla
Re: thanks for the opinions by swiftycool(m): 11:58pm On Feb 04, 2010
I hope nobody comes to chop off my hands or send me a suicide bomber, to me this makes Islam look kinda like a bondage lipsrsealed
Re: thanks for the opinions by corrall(f): 1:25am On Feb 05, 2010
6. Wouldn't you rather be with a girl whose lifestyle you understand well from her pics (abroad based girls) as opposed to someone who pretends to be holy but is a total LovePeddler (naija based gals)?

shocked shocked shocked sad sad sad

Babe, i am still trying to understand what u are insinuating in this statement, how does your picture show your character? or the way u live ur life?just because you live abroad, it suddenly makes you a better person? obviously, its not just your brother that needs to change d way of thinking, u need to work on yours too. undecided undecided undecided
Re: thanks for the opinions by sugafoot(m): 2:24am On Feb 05, 2010
my good friend, decency shouldn't be judged only by alone her face book tags especally as she keeps accepting them even though she doesnt like them ,she shld also be judged by number of contacts in her phone book, a decent grl shld have only 2 (her mum & dad's), a decent grl shldn't use the mirrow too often, maybe once a month. face book or no face book, a ho is a ho , it don make no diff & a gud grl is a gud grl fb or no fb. dnt let women lib get to hear this.
Re: thanks for the opinions by lacewiggal: 5:31am On Feb 05, 2010
Wow I obviously did not expect this many responses in less than 24 hours!!!!

Thanks for your replies, it's good to know the opinions of my fellow nigerians. When I tell my brother he says its because i'm americanized. I guess i'm not so americanized afterall.

Despite that I pleaded with you all to please be respectful with your replies, Some of you have however put up some insulting replies. just in case you did not understand or even bother to read my post, The above questions are not my opinion, i dont agree with them either, i think they are shallow, immature and old school as well so insulting and telling me to grow up is unnecessary. Yes you know yourselves, mr brownjay, jumie,

sam milla, your imagination is very vivid and perhaps a little bit weird and disturbing, tone it down a bit abeg, you are scaring me.

just good and bawomolo, i didnt refer to myself as a perfectly balance woman, that was the analogy i used to describe my future sis-in-law (hopefully) so before you go around reigning insults, try and learn to read properly. just a word of advice

And lastly about #6, I dont necessarily beleive that, i just put it there to grab y'alls attention and i suceeded heheheheheheh!!!!!!
but some naija girls are baaaaaad to d bone mehn!!!!! dating peeps fathers and all, scary!

Once again thanks for the response.
Re: thanks for the opinions by dozai: 9:06am On Feb 05, 2010
Haba. Who is this stone age man in this 21st century. Please can someone tell him to wake up. He should try and update himself. or we can help him to become Y2K compliant
Re: thanks for the opinions by EGO3(m): 9:25am On Feb 05, 2010
hahahaha,c this ABOKI guy wey get choice 4 girlz,mallam u no go happy say somebody even gree for you.ABOKI
Re: thanks for the opinions by jaffi: 9:33am On Feb 05, 2010
#1 mind what you post on FB.-descent pics.
#2  marriage from the net FB ?i don't seem to understand!
Re: thanks for the opinions by fowler: 10:36am On Feb 05, 2010
In my OP you shud advise your brother to stop this
MUTALLABNESS
,  It's a path of self-destruction.
Re: thanks for the opinions by sizzlers(m): 10:37am On Feb 05, 2010
tell ur bro to wake up,
waaki  waki waki this is 2010 we are no longer in the dark ages anymore.
i pity ur bro cry cry cry
Re: thanks for the opinions by sizzlers(m): 10:41am On Feb 05, 2010
this is Y2K not stone age. ur bro should go to the back sit were he belongs not here, undecided
Re: thanks for the opinions by zmurda(m): 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2010
Seriously I think your broda is very disturbed. I won't recommend he marries till after psychiatric evaluations. I have a feeling he might be murderous and could possibly fly into a jealous rage when married.
I think it's your duty to warn potential brides about him, and I'm not joking!
Re: thanks for the opinions by yemipretty(f): 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2010
@ Sam milla- very very funny.n U should write screenplays for nollywood. U write better than the crap theyturn out
@ poster- really wish your brother luck in his search for an unfacebooked woman in this century. However, u need to be careful not to be addicted to FB. I just deactivated my profile. Was spendin too much time.
Re: thanks for the opinions by SamMilla1(m): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2010
yemipretty:

@ Sam milla- very very funny.n U should write screenplays for nollywood. U write better than the crap theyturn out
@ poster- really wish your brother luck in his search for an unfacebooked woman in this century. However, u need to be careful not to be addicted to FB. I just deactivated my profile. Was spendin too much time.

woq yemipretty, you registered here since october 2007 and the first post you made is today.
the the first thing you said is sam milla. i guess i dragged you to making posts.
power of humour. welcome to nairaland.
Re: thanks for the opinions by holotee(m): 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2010
The number of pics u have aint the problem but the content of the pics. He is your brother not God. He is entitled to his own opinion.
Never judge a book by the cover.
Re: thanks for the opinions by ngozianu(m): 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2010
how you dress is what is on your mind , if you dress indecently then there is every indication that you are indecent.

Jesus said that a good(decent) tree can not bring forth corrupted(indecent) fruit, out of the abundance of the heart is what reflects in your dressing
Re: thanks for the opinions by felifeli: 5:12pm On Feb 05, 2010
Why are you posting lots of pix on FB anyway ; are you planning to enter a modelling career or becoming a prostitute ?

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Good girls don't go advertising themselves on internet and making themselves a public spectacle.
Come on listen to your  goat brother. grin
Re: thanks for the opinions by collins011(m): 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2010
Watch you broda, he might be the next mutallab in making. he is a fanatics and 80% of islamic fanatics have terrorist tendency.

Report your brother to your father so that your father will report him to FBI for proper investigation, before we wake up one day only to hear another Nigerian have blow out America again

na abeg i dey beg o!

@ Sam Milla, for u to good to create such fiction, you are a terrorist i will avoid you like a plague
Re: thanks for the opinions by yemipretty(f): 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2010
@ Sam milla Registerd as an undagra, my first post is after service and been workin for a while lol. I try to avoid spendin a lot of time online especially on sites with topics that u can post, reply etc. Thanks for the welcome.
Re: thanks for the opinions by Bokoharam: 5:28am On Feb 06, 2010
@poster

I think his worry may not be the number of pix, but the type of pix you & your friends post there—You should have bothered to post some of d pix for us to see. Or better still, let us know your facebook name.

I know Muslims are more intolerant to indecent exposures, and such can irritate your bro (probably more Muslim than you). Many pple are calling him names, I’m sorry, that’s him. AND THERE’S NOTHING U CAN DO!

So whats the kinda of pix u post baby? - mayb nudity!
Re: thanks for the opinions by seeme2(f): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2010
Your brother is a PIG!
Tell him to wake up to the new world!!!
Re: thanks for the opinions by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2010
mind what you post on FB. Ten years from now when you're settled, your enemies or bad belle people can bring up whatever's on there again.

I'm pretty much a public figure so that's why I can freely navigate the place.

Your brother may be conservative but there's a grain of truth in what he says.
Re: thanks for the opinions by SisiKill1: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2010
@ Topic
I've actually heard this theory. I don't think it's right but i can't deny that it makes some sense.

The thing is we don't post our mundane pictures on facebook, i'm talking about pictures that show us cleaning the bathroom, studying, watching TV and just being normal. No, the pictures we posts are the party pics and no matter how far in between these parties are, all people see are alot of Party Pix and automatically think. . .oh party Animal. Who wants that? Are they right? No. Is it fair? Of course not. Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast.

Of course like every injustice in the men-women relation, it's the women who get the short end of the stick. Guys on the other hand get girls falling all over themselves trying to marry the party dawg.
Re: thanks for the opinions by SisiKill1: 8:15pm On Feb 06, 2010
Before we start cursing the brother out, try to understand where he's coming from. . .He is her brother.

If he's anything like my four brothers, she could be wearing a Hijab and they'd still have a problem if it seems she all over the place partying her behind off (this is the impression all those pictures give). No one wants a party animal for a sis.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Real Guys Going Extinct / Most Painful Love Story On Earth...(pics) / Every Woman You Know Does These Things In The Secret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.