Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,719 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

thanks for the opinions - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / thanks for the opinions (5976 Views)

thanks for ur contributions / Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? / Do The Opinions Of Your Friends Count When Choosing A Life Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

thanks for the opinions by lacewiggal: 11:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
smiley
Re: thanks for the opinions by woye77: 11:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
ur broda is living in the dark ages - postin many pics on fb is not a sign of showing off
Re: thanks for the opinions by nana(f): 12:25am On Feb 04, 2010
Ur brother is on a long thing. The amount of pics u have don't determine ur chances of getting married. Tell ur brother to wake up. This is 2010 not 1910.
Re: thanks for the opinions by sorealguy: 1:26am On Feb 04, 2010
naturally if there were no cyber crimes, it shouldn't really affect your chances. but this days crime inclined individuals use any picture they grab to perpetrate their crimes or deceit. u never know how far your pics have travel so u cant control or respond to a lot of unperceived misinformation of u. i bet u must be harmless and beautiful but unfortunately for me u are a Muslim.i hold nothing against u though but i rather prefer to get intimately involved with one of same faith so that marriage cant b ruled out. cheers gal
Re: thanks for the opinions by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 04, 2010
You brother just needs to come back from the 18th century into the 21st century (no disrespect of course grin)
Re: thanks for the opinions by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 04, 2010

1. Is the amount of pics someone has up a sign of show off, or a result of years of membership.

only if the person looking at them is an insecure, immature, resentful, low life person would it look like a show off. at the same time having many pics doesnt automatically mean that you have been there for a while. it simply means that you have taken a lot of photo and posted them on fB.

2. Does the amount of pics someone has (regardless of the content of the pics) mean they are indecent.
[/b]do you actually believe this garbage?! who cares what people think of you? do you actually take fb as a tool to find yourself the perfect mate?! how old are you?!
[b]
3. Is it wise to say that someone in the US should tell everybody that takes a pic of them not to post it on fb (at risk of sounding like a weirdo lol)

yes it wise to your low life friends BUT normal people just remove the tag of pictures they dont like, et voila end of story!

4. Is it wise to miss out on a perfectly balanced and virtuous woman because she's too active in the blogosphere? what if her hobby is blogging? is that bad too?
[/b]again it is wise for any insecure immature person out there but real people shouldnt care about this. this is 2010, if you dont want people to enjoy the use of the internet and what technology it brings to the world then you should go back and crawl under a rock. twitter/facebook etc is the norm these days. take it or leave it. is there anything wrong with a person blogging now?! oh lawd! some people make a great living out of it.
[b]
5. Is it wise for my bro to be so judgmental and lose good girls over dis BS?

yes it is wise. insecure people will try to make you look inadequate when in fact they are the ones missing out on life and trying to make you look weird. as long as you are not doing anything wrong IN YOUR EYES then enjoy yours and so be it. my question to you would be: why do you even care?

6. Wouldn't you rather be with a girl whose lifestyle you understand well from her pics (abroad based girls) as opposed to someone who pretends to be holy but is a total LovePeddler (naija based gals)?
none of the above, i would rather be with someone who is true to me IN THE REAL WORLD. i dont care what the pics/blog will portray as long as when we are together, everything is cool and she is right for me.
i would also say that if anyone uses fb to judge/evaluate someone for marriage prospects then they have definitely lost the plot and should reconsider life in the real world.
fb is a social networking tool to be use a such. if you are looking/considering for a wife then go out there in the real world and open your eyes, it will be much easier.
Re: thanks for the opinions by Wislet(f): 10:21am On Feb 04, 2010
@poster. From that No 6, i hope u'rent trying to say that abroad based girls re better than those at home. Cos that would be a gross evaluation. The fact that those ones show off their pics and appear more sophisticated(since when have people started marrying pics) doesn't in any way mean they re better.
Re: thanks for the opinions by kpolli(m): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2010
is ur bro an extremist muslim?
or is he mutallab?
ahn ahn his own is too much n too old skool,
Re: thanks for the opinions by BeautfulB(f): 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2010
PLS EVERY ONE SHOULD HELP ME OH, FB HAS MADE MY FIANCÈ 2 QUIT OUR R/SHIP. PLS HELP ME. CUS OF d numerous bfs i have n d messages i do send 2 dem, pls he is a member of NL, PLS I LUV HIM SO MUCH.
Re: thanks for the opinions by galatico(m): 1:49pm On Feb 04, 2010
I see nothing wrong is one posting pix on facebook, and it's not a sign of idecency or showing off .
Re: thanks for the opinions by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 04, 2010
kpolli:

is your bro an extremist muslim?
[b]or is he mutallab?[/b]ahn ahn his own is too much n too old skool,
I laff in spanish grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: thanks for the opinions by jumie(f): 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2010
Beautful.B:

PLS EVERY ONE SHOULD HELP ME OH, FB HAS MADE MY FIANCÈ 2 QUIT OUR R/SHIP. PLS HELP ME. CUS OF d numerous bfs i have n d messages i do send 2 dem, pls he is a member of NL, PLS I LUV HIM SO MUCH.

@BeautifulB

Are you insinuating that your fiance ought not to have left you after you have clearly made it obvious that he was not the only one in your life?

@ Poster

Please grow up!!!

Starring at Pictures all day on facebook is certainly not a good way of locating a marriage partner. You need to spend a lot more time socializing and meeting ladies (physically) to get a suitable mate.

Your brother is not you! Why allow his judgement/reasoning to cloud yours?
Re: thanks for the opinions by Alxmyr(m): 3:33pm On Feb 04, 2010
kpolli:

is your bro an extremist muslim?
or is he mutallab?
ahn ahn his own is too much n too old skool,

Even Mutallab have facebook friends even in detention. Just kidding

@Poster: let see your facebook page, then I can pass my own judgement.
Re: thanks for the opinions by MsTom(f): 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
Unfortunately fb is ruining a lot of relationship cos few people are yet to accept that FB is a social networking site.
Re: thanks for the opinions by Pittbaby(f): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2010
Your broda is living in the stone age . Next time he says this to you . reply by saying its the same way they once said that a woman driving or going to school was indecent. FB is just an online photo album, the Physical Photo album can be indecent if it  contains nude photos but does that make a photo album indecent ?
Re: thanks for the opinions by tanimz(f): 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2010
This your brother is funny sef, so a decent girl doesnt have a facebook page and he has one himself. Does that mean that he is indecent?
Re: thanks for the opinions by slap1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2010
Well, and u said dis is no joke?
Re: thanks for the opinions by Tgirl4real(f): 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2010
@ Poster

What i will say is moderation is the key. I don't really see anything wrong in facebooking, but once it becomes excessive it may have adverse effect on you on on some other things related to you. As a matter , someone that doesn't know u one on one can easily form an opinion of you that isn't right cos of your activities on fb.

In addition, some employers do search people up on the internet before employing them. So,
Re: thanks for the opinions by Outstrip(f): 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2010
I don't see what one has to do with the other. I don't take pictures much but I went to look in my siblings page and my older sister alone has over 250 pictures and so does her husband.
Re: thanks for the opinions by Str8talk: 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2010
Why do we want to get involved in this family squabble?

The brother will not be swayed by the opinions here and will listen to the views of the type of girls he wants to marry

Similarly, the poster will also pay more attention to the opinion of the guy (or type of guys) she admires

Afterall, she cannot see us. But her fiance (or fiance type) is real

Our "rantings" here are not likely to cut much ice with both of them as they have different outlook on life. Note that she has her own (not necessarily-valid) opinions about Nigerian v foreign-based girls
Re: thanks for the opinions by ajiifixing(m): 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2010
Did you say your brother is a muslim?. Thats how it starts o.Please do us a favor, inform us whenever your brother is about to board a plane, any plane at that,so we can avoid taking the same flight.
Re: thanks for the opinions by SamMilla1(m): 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2010
I think we need to see your Facebook page to determine this.
I come across near unclothed pics on Facebook daily.
Now that makes one indecent based on Muslim ideologies.
Your brother is not living in the dark ages like someone said up there.
Actually your brother knows you more than all of us.
So if he said that your multi pics makes you indecent, then he has chances of being right than those who dont know you.

Search yourself very well.

CONGRATS, YOU MADE OUR LIKELY SCENARIO SERIES LS 9

Our LS9 Is about a Nigerian Muslim Lady Living in The United States Of America.

Our girl Will be addressed as Amina.

Amina Claimed to have joined Facebook when it was only for American Students And before she knew it, She already has over 300 pictures on the Social Network tool. Amina is still single and she recently started wondering if her activities on Facebook contributes to her still being Single,

Here is our Likely Scenario For Miss Amina.

{Amina talks to herself } Wow! I am loving America, What a wonderful world here. Look at computers everywhere, I can meet new people here, make new friends, I can even post many many of my Pictures here. What is the name of the website someone introduced me to last week, uhm, Fakebook, no no, Facebook. Let me open an account and post my pictures here. Wow. It is Wonderful.

OUR GIRL AMINA REGISTERS ON FACEBOOK AND STARTED TO MEET NEW PEOPLE.

SHE TELLS HER FRIEND ABOUT FACEBOOK.

AMINA : hey Aisha, There is this new website i found Yesterday. Its called Facebook. You can meet new people there and chat with them. I meet Chris there yesterday. He said I should remove my veils so he can see my face very well. He said he like my voice but that he needed to see my face.

AISHA : Since the name is Facebook, maybe you really need to show your face. I see nothing bad about it. Its on the internet. Nobody will know about it. You can even remove your top, just do it when nobody is around. Dont let your Brother see it. You know he will tell your Daddy.

THE FOLLOWING NIGHT, AMINA CONNECTS TO CHAT WITH CHRIS AGAIN.

AMINA : Here are some of my pictures , i will post them on facebook. You can also see them there.

CHRIS : Wow, those are great Pictures Amina. You look better without veils.

Amina : Thanks Chris, I will post many more pictures on facebook without veils, I am glad you like them.

{MUSA, Amina’s Brother bursts into the room unannounced.}

MUSA : Amina whats all that unclothed pictures, wait, thats you . how could you post such Pictures on Facebook ? those are indecent Pictures. You will have to remove them.

Amina : No, i wont remove them, they are beautiful, Chris like them. [Musa interupts]

MUSA : Who is Chris ?

Amina : A handsome America guy i met online. He said the pictures are nice, he said he will marry me someday. He also said i look better without those veils, i dont wanna post any picture with veils on Facebook. Those unclothed ones are far better. i will continue to post more.

AMINA CONTINUED POSTING MANY MORE unclothed PICTURES AND 15 YEARS LATER, AMINA IS STILL SINGLE. CHRIS THE AMERICAN BOY HAS LONG DISAPPEARED. Parents are asking Amina why suitors have not showed up , Amina is worried and he approached his Brother for Advice during lunch.

Amina : Why is it that our Muslim Brothers are not looking my way. I appear decent to them in the Mosque and Market and School, why do they always look away when it comes to dating or even Asking me out, Mum and Dad are Worried that i could remain unmarried until 40, what should i do ?

Musa : I warned you about those pictures on facebook. You appear decent in Churches but you put unclothed Pictures on facebook. My guess is that they know about those Pictures. The only people who wouldnt care about those pictures are the Americans and i dont see them coming to marry a Nigerian Muslim Girl. Facebook has grown so big that everybody searches for their friends over there. Anybody who wants to marry a girl now will definitely search for her name on facebook. If they see your name with your unclothed Pictures on facebook, they will not come to you. Thats it. You have to start removing those unclothed pictures if you hope to get Married.

AMINA APPARENTLY NOT CONVINCED, DECIDED TO ASK FOR PUBLIC OPINION.

DEFINITELY SHE WILL GET POSITIVE AND unclothed OPINIONS BASED ON HOW EACH CONTRIBUTOR WAS BROUGHT UP.

SHE SHOWS UP ON THE INTERNET.

VENUE : AFRICAN ONLINE COMMUNITY.

TOPIC : Is Facebook Ruining My Chances Of Getting Married?

SAM MILLA : ACTUALLY FACEBOOK CAN BE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT DEPENDING ON THE KIND OF PICTURES YOU PUT UP THERE.

Disclaimer : this is a pure work of Imagination and Fiction. It is not intended to promote or discriminate any Religion.
If Your name appears there, it is merely by coincidence. I am responsible for any mistake on this post.
Re: thanks for the opinions by Dejipumpin(m): 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2010
Although, I have my reservation on most of the issues the poster raised but,
@ All, I support the views shared by Str8talk!
Re: thanks for the opinions by sammytb(m): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2010
If i may ask how old is ur broda, ? If truly he wants to get married, i dont fcbk pics dont have anytin to do wit indicency or not. He just need 2 wake up,
Re: thanks for the opinions by bawomolo(m): 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2010
Is it wise to miss out on a perfectly balanced and virtuous woman because she's too active in the blogosphere? what if her hobby is blogging? is that bad too?

there is nothing like a perfectly balanced woman. get off your high horse
Re: thanks for the opinions by gen2boi: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2010
hes a terrorist, the ealier you report him to the authorities d better
Re: thanks for the opinions by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2010
Ehn if you want to marry someone that reasons like your brother, close your facebook page. If you don't, leave it there, simple.
Re: thanks for the opinions by nickybayo(f): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2010
Sam Milla
bro, u too much grin grin grin
Re: thanks for the opinions by djojo(m): 5:40pm On Feb 04, 2010
Your brother need to be focus and not deceiving himself by just ordinary fb pics
Re: thanks for the opinions by NosaHenry(m): 5:42pm On Feb 04, 2010
Seriously, u need to be very careful with your brother so that he wont Mutallab u one day. Just grant his wish remove all your pixs from fb urgently. To be fore-warn is to be fore-armed.
Re: thanks for the opinions by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2010
this shld be in the religion section, your brother is another boko haram in the making. Nothing to do with facebook.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

On What Condition Will You Leave A Woman? / A Reply From CEO Of J.P. Morgan To A Pretty Girl Seeking A Rich Husband / I Can't Come To Your House, Take Me To A Hotel - Photos..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.