Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin (41553 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos / 10 Astonishing Facts You Never Knew About The Great Wall Of China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by AreaFada2: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
Obaluf0n:

LOL you want to humble who without making any meaningful contributions other than what seems like endless face me and face you vitriol? This fellow is super deluded. AreaFada2 is this your alternate handle? grin

Even last time when your people ganged up to block me on another thread, I did not create another handle. If they block me I will leave their Nairaland for them.

Go check our posts on other topics. No doubt you will see what are unique about each of us : topics of interests, way of writing, grammar, pattern of posts, etc.
I very rarely create threads for example.
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Obaluf0n:

[s]LOL you want to humble who without making any meaningful contributions other than what seems like endless face me and face you vitriol? This fellow is super deluded. AreaFada2 is this your alternate handle? grin[/s]

I DARED YOU AND YOUR ANCESTORS TO COME UP WITH SUMTIN ..... YOU FOR BRING PROOF NA..... IBADAN PRINTING PRESS DON EXPIRE... TRASH!!..... NEXT TIME LOOK WELL BEFORE YOU LEAP OR WHAT BEFELL YOUR ANCESTORS IN THE PAST WILL BEFALL YOU...... OZOUR

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

Even last time when your people ganged up to block me on another thread, I did not create another handle. If they block me I will leave their Nairaland for them.

Go check our posts on other topics. No doubt you will see what are unique about each of us : topics of interests, way of writing, grammar, pattern of posts, etc.
I very rarely create threads for example.

Don't try and explain anything...... Haven't you already noticed their disability in processing knowledge apart from what was passed down 3decades ago by their Ibadan printing press!! grin

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by macof(m): 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

Well, the writing by an enlightened kinsman of yours below completely rubbishes your BEDC credentials:

http://adwalay..co.uk/2017/07/the-benin-invasion-of-lagos.html

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Enlightened?
I thought you said you dont listen to yorubas? You are very confused grin grin

The history of Lagos is well known. Try try try all you want, only fools who don't matter anyway will fall for all this bini schemes to claim everywhere till Europe cheesy

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by AreaFada2: 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
macof:

Enlightened?
I thought you said you dont listen to yorubas? You are very confused grin grin

The history of Lagos is well known. Try try try all you want, only fools who don't matter anyway will fall for all this bini schemes to claim everywhere till Europe cheesy

Well some of them do undergo a Damascene conversion. After seeing the fallacy of their ways. Enlightenment of Apostle Paul began with his conversion.

Just like poverty & economic hardship are resetting the brains of many APC zombies right now. cheesy grin
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by macof(m): 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

If a Yoruba writer admitted this much just writing about Lagos, clearly mentioning Benin imperial power, then imagine the scale of it if done honestly all over Yorubaland & Dahomey.

You claim all of Africa was under Bini. After bini na Britain..so I'm not surprised you would claim Dahomey and all of yorubaland .I'm waiting for when you make a specific claim on Mali and Sudan grin ignorant bunch of losers

Scale of what? Go to Lagos, the Lagos i grew up in... Enuwa is the only place that Bini founded...that is the edo camp
I wonder why its not called Eko if Bini truly gave the area the name grin grin

All evidence points to the fact that Awori word "eko" which means farm is the real origin of the name of the city

The Idejo invited Ado from Enuwa to Ido after the death of Olofin of Ido to come bring peace, the same way Oranmiyan was invited to bring peace at igodomigodo. It was then Ado's son gabaro who was the true first eleko..similarly Eweka I was the true first Omonoba...Gabaro led from his palace Igadungaran at the Awori farmland.
Years later Ologun kutere dynasty began and he secured more power for the eleko...prior to this time Eleko was on the same footing as The Idejo, they were the employers and hosts.. same way Ewedo secured more power for the omonoba by intimidating the Uzama

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
This is just a tip.

People watch Bini folks scamper and lampoon the text with conjectures rather any meaningful superior text.

Also see cited references.

2 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
Obaluf0n:
This is just a tip.

[s]People watch Bini folks scamper and lampoon the text with conjectures rather any meaningful superior text.

Also see cited reference[/s]s.

What the fvck is this?......... Is this how to pass a 5unit course?...... grin grin grin grin grin na F9 BE YOUR DESTINY
....CLOWNSS
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

Abeg stop the nonsense. Ogiso dynasty produced Izoduwa/Your Oduduwa. Ogiso dynasty had about 35 Obagodo/Ogiso before producing Oduduwa.
Ooni position forever remains inferior to Benin throne. The political plot to unify all Yoruba under Oduduwa is clever but not enough to fool us. grin

Uncle, first off, what does Izoduwa mean and what does Oduduwa mean?

Odu (vessel) da (create/brings) iwa (exisstence).

Like the Jewish God in the creation story of old testament, Oduduwa is the creation deity of the Yoruba. S/he created earth and everything on it asides humans.

Oduduwa wasn't the name of the warrior-usurper king who reigned in Ife. The usurper king lived ln the hills amongsst the many communitie there. These people migrated down to the valley and settled at Idio on the left arm of the palace while Idita (Obatala's family) live on the right side of the palace. He got the cognomen of the creator deity 'Oduduwa' for creating a new Ife -- the man practically reshuffled everything. Excavation of the hills showeed therewere indeed extensive communities up there prior to their migration down the valley.

Your story of Izoduwa is a con, it is based on sound/word and no verifiable evidences outside of Bini.

Also while your ogiso had 36 kings before your lost child, Ife had about 90 kings before the confederacy was shattered. Histories about Ife are verifiable in archeological excavations. It is different in Benin, apart from your fables not being known outside Bini, your claim to being in existence with a 'developed' community has proven to be non existent from archeological research. In fact, the oldest excavation from Bini were late-stone age tools that long preceeded anything Ogiso.

Apart from arcgeological finding in Ife, dramati personae who ere around during Oduduwa's riot who migrated to other places corroborate histories about Ife -- Mahin/Ugbo (Osangangan Obamakin), Idanre to mention a few. Can Bini point to any place outside Bini were verification of Izoduwa tale can be found? Lol.

Y'all need to sit down. Your revisionism is baseless and this is why no historian of repute is losing sleep over it not even Historians with Bini origins have interest in such a convoluted tale that would do nothing but blur their career LOL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by AreaFada2: 8:52am On Jul 19, 2017
macof:

You claim all of Africa was under Bini. After bini na Britain..so I'm not surprised you would claim Dahomey and all of yorubaland .I'm waiting for when you make a specific claim on Mali and Sudan grin ignorant bunch of losers

Scale of what? Go to Lagos, the Lagos i grew up in... Enuwa is the only place that Bini founded...that is the edo camp
I wonder why its not called Eko if Bini truly gave the area the name grin grin

All evidence points to the fact that Awori word "eko" which means farm is the real origin of the name of the city

The Idejo invited Ado from Enuwa to Ido after the death of Olofin of Ido to come bring peace, the same way Oranmiyan was invited to bring peace at igodomigodo. It was then Ado's son gabaro who was the true first eleko..similarly Eweka I was the true first Omonoba...Gabaro led from his palace Igadungaran at the Awori farmland.
Years later Ologun kutere dynasty began and he secured more power for the eleko...prior to this time Eleko was on the same footing as The Idejo, they were the employers and hosts.. same way Ewedo secured more power for the omonoba by intimidating the Uzama

Lol. You are evolving very slowly..but there is hope.

Eleko was on same footing as local chiefs. Lol.

The difference is very clear. But you do not get it. Benin was not looking for "lebensraum". Benin land was and is fertile, more than enough to support the population for another 1000 years and more. Why take creekland full of snakes & crocodiles or even mainland that we did not need from ancestors of Idejo? shocked shocked shocked
Colonising Lagos was majorly for strategic reasons: Empire expansion towards dahomey & coastal trade route.
Even Lagos sort of lost much significance after Oba Ehengbuda anyway after around 1578, though it remain a vassal of Benin until 1853.
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by SaffronSpice: 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
Obaluf0n:

Finally, it is nice to meet/hear from you sir.
Our friend has forever bandied this 'lie' around as some sort of proof/citation of his knowledge in Yoruba history and to pain his point as a fact.
Please pardon the reference I made to you as 'ignorant' because clearly from your post you are far from anything ignorant.
Thank you for finally coming up to lay this claim of his to rest.
Don't mind him.
I have nothing against Benin status as an empire or kingdom.
His attempt to put Mobaland under Benin is the only problem I with him.

You'll notice that he was quick applaud the author of the write-up he posted because it supports his position - anything different from that is the work of BEDC to him.

Check this excerpt below.
Sir,do you know anything about the mentioned treaty?

"The Ekokpagha treaty clearly defined the status of Ogiamien as aborigine and permanent landlord while the Oba of Benin kingdom as a permanent tenant,"High Chief Monday Wehere, director of information and external affairs of the Ogiamien family said on Tuesday.Giving details of how the treaty came into existence, the family said Erebo was the king of Igodomigodo, now known as Benin, when Oramiyan from Ile-Ife, a Yoruba town, came to invade and forcefully took occupation of a certain portion of the kingdom."
https://www.naij.com/832915-controversy-crown-prince-eheneden-erediuwa-tenant-benin-kingdom.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4357986192

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by macof(m): 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
AreaFada2:

Lol. You are evolving very slowly..but there is hope.

Eleko was on same footing as local chiefs. Lol.

The difference is very clear. But you do not get it. Benin was not looking for "lebensraum". Benin land was and is fertile, more than enough to support the population for another 1000 years and more. Why take creekland full of snakes & crocodiles or even mainland that we did not need from ancestors of Idejo? shocked shocked shocked
Colonising Lagos was majorly for strategic reasons: Empire expansion towards dahomey & coastal trade route.
Even Lagos sort of lost much significance after Oba Ehengbuda anyway after around 1578, though it remain a vassal of Benin until 1853.

cheesy and you call bini an impressive empire? If Bini had no intention of expanding then what is imperial about Bini?
An imperial power seeks to expand, not just its sphere of political domination but its homeland as well

Learn what an empire does from Oyo.
Oyo expanded its homeland ie. The kingdom of Oyo itself included towns like Ilorin to the north and Ijaye to the south. Dont get me started on the length of the empire(ie. Political domination)

As ive said, Enuwa is the only place under Bini 's official control...that was the camp Orhogbua founded. And its significance dwindled as the Bini people left under Ado were invited to settle in Aworiland...that was after Oba Orhogbua's death? Probably after that of his successor too.

But I maintain that Eko (the farmland that is now the main town of Lagos) was not vassal to Bini. Any Bini claim on the area was on Enuwa(the bini camp) at the edge of the lagoon.
I say this because growing up in Lagos island i never heard any reference to bini lording over the awori people. But Enuwa is known to have been a Bini camp
This is very similar to the case of the transition from Igodomigodo to Bini. How oranmiyan was invited by the uzama, how he set up camp at Usama and later founded a small community(Uselu) on lands belonging to the chiefs who invited him because Ogiemen wouldn't let him in.
How Eweka became the first true Oba of bini, like I've stated before..and so

To now say Lagos was a vassal of Bini, is shooting yourself in the foot, because same argument could be applied to say Bini was a vassal of Ife

2 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by AreaFada2: 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2017
macof:

cheesy and you call bini an impressive empire? If Bini had no intention of expanding then what is imperial about Bini?
An imperial power seeks to expand,
not just its sphere of political domination but its homeland as well

Learn what an empire does from Oyo.
Oyo expanded its homeland ie. The kingdom of Oyo itself included towns like Ilorin to the north and Ijaye to the south. Dont get me started on the length of the empire(ie. Political domination)

As ive said, Enuwa is the only place under Bini 's official control...that was the camp Orhogbua founded. And its significance dwindled as the Bini people left under Ado were invited to settle in Aworiland...that was after Oba Orhogbua's death? Probably after that of his successor too.

But I maintain that Eko (the farmland that is now the main town of Lagos) was not vassal to Bini. Any Bini claim on the area was on Enuwa(the bini camp) at the edge of the lagoon.
I say this because growing up in Lagos island i never heard any reference to bini lording over the awori people. But Enuwa is known to have been a Bini camp
This is very similar to the case of the transition from Igodomigodo to Bini. How oranmiyan was invited by the uzama, how he set up camp at Usama and later founded a small community(Uselu) on lands belonging to the chiefs who invited him because Ogiemen wouldn't let him in.
How Eweka became the first true Oba of bini, like I've stated before..and so

To now say Lagos was a vassal of Bini, is shooting yourself in the foot, because same argument could be applied to say Bini was a vassal of Ife
You have comprehension problem o. If you do not have reading phobia please re-read my submission you just quoted about expansion.

Does expansion mean scattering majority of your core natives to far flung corners of the empire?

Not in the Benin concept. It was enough to use a handful of Benin elite to rule over conquered or acquired territories. Lagos as a case in point. Soldiers, the prince and a handful of Benin elite like Obanikoro were enough to control Lagos.

How can you judge Benin imperial ambitions and tatics using your own warped idea of empire?
Correction: Oranmiyan did not found Uselu. This is another Yoruba lie. Or those educated at Ibadan.

Usama was a temporary abode/palace even.
Egor, was where Oranmiyan lived. Eweka I grew up there too. His maternal granddad and ancestors had been the dukes (Ogiegor) of Egor since Ogiso times already. Eweka I's childhood neighborhood village at Useh, near Egor is near a relative's ducal palace till today. Same place each Oba goes to chooses his royal name since Eweka I.

Luckily I saw history of Lagos on Lagos State webpage during Fashola time in office. It was very categorical how Benin ruled Lagos.

Growing up in Lagos Island makes no difference since Benin Empire denial began under Awo regime already. We all remember how Yoruba people turned on Oba Oyekan of blessed memory when he admitted his Benin origin.

You certainly do not know Lagos history more than a son of a former Oba of Lagos who narrated pretty much same as I later found out years later.

We have nothing to learn from Oyo. Each empire has its own goals and priorities. For example while Oyo embraced transatlantic slave trade that spread Yoruba to the Americas, Benin prohibited slave trade. Only allowing some parts of non-Benin people of the empire who insisted on slave trade to sell and buy themselves ONLY. So Oyo should have learned about dignity of man and integrity from Benin people. Not making money by any means. grin cheesy cheesy grin

NOTE: There is nothing like "Bini". It is Benin. Oba Erediauwa and Benin Traditional Council clarified this several times over the years. But people (even some Benin people) feel the urge to vernacularise the name. The City is Benin (Edo/Oredo), people also Benin (Edo/Ivbiedo), language is Benin (Edo) too. I know the recent advent of Edo State is shifting Edo to include all natives of Edo State but that is not the tradition.

Well if historians worldwide (aside SW BEDC people) believe from historical facts that it was one of Africa's most impressive, and one international organisation voting three Benin emperors among Africa's most formidable/greatest 50 African leaders ever, well that pretty much sums it up. cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by macof(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
AreaFada2:

You have comprehension problem o. If you do not have reading phobia please read my submission you just quoted about expansion.

Does expansion mean scattering majority of your core natives to far flung corners of the empire?

Not in the Benin concept. It was enough to use a handful of Benin elite to rule over conquered or acquired territories. Lagos as a case in point. Soldiers, the prince and a handful of Benin elite like Obanikoro were enough to control Lagos.

How can you judge Benin imperial ambitions and tatics using your own warped idea of empire?
Correction: Oranmiyan did not found Uselu. This is another Yoruba lie. Or those educated at Ibadan.

Usama was a temporary abode/palace even.
Egor, was where Oranmiyan lived. Eweka I grew up there too. His granddad and ancestors had been the duke (Ogiegor) of Egor since Ogiso times already. Eweka I's childhood neighborhood village at Useh, near Egor is near a relatives ducal palace till today. Same place each Oba goes to chooses his royal name since Eweka I.

Luckily I saw history of Lagos on Lagos State webpage during Fashola time in office. It was very categorical how Benin ruled Lagos.

Growing up in Lagos Island makes no difference since Benin Empire denial began under Awo regime already. We all remember how Yoruba people turned on Oba Oyekan of blessed memory when he admiited his Benin origin.

You certainly do not know Lagos history more than a son of a former Oba Lagos who narrated pretty much same as I later found out years later.

We have nothing to learn from Oyo. Each empire has its own goals and priorities. For example while Oyo embraced transatlantic slave trade that spread Yoruba to the Americas, Benin prohibited slave trade. Only allowing only parts of non-Benin people of the empire who insisted on slave trade to sell and buy themselves ONLY. So Oyo should have learned about dignity of man and integrity from Benin people. Not making money by any means. grin cheesy cheesy grin

NOTE: There is nothing like "Bini". It is Benin. Oba Erediauwa and Benin Traditional Council clarified this several times over the years. But people feel the urge to varnacularise the name. The City is Benin (Edo/Oredo), people also Benin (Edo/Ivbiedo), laguage is Benin (Edo) too. I know the recent advent is shifting Edo to include all natives of Edo State but that is not the tradition.

Well if historians worldwide (aside SW BEDC people) believe from historical facts that it was one of Africa's most impressive, and one international organisation voting three Benin emperors among Africa's most formidable/greatest 50 African leaders ever, well that pretty much sums it up. cheesy grin grin grin

Lmao look at this funny guy. Expansion involves spreading your population outside the homeland and having them retain the homeland identity. you admitted Bini did not do this. Bini failed to expand...that is why it is not considered an effective empire
Just imagine the size of the entire political area.. no wonder people don't even consider it an empire at all, of course because it is on the same level as Nupe, Ashanti, Dahomey...if having a little foreign lands under the King's authority is the big deal, we should call Nupe an Empire too
After all Nupe took over Owan areas from under your control, Nupe has a better record at Imperialism

it doesnt matter if Oranmiyan was at Egor or not, fact is that his Institution was at Uselu, prior to his coming there was no instituted authority at Uselu, therefore it is not wrong to say he founded Uselu... i already said he was given the land by some Igodomigodo chiefs

Oba Oyekan can speak on his personal lineage(Oyekan is actually of Ijesa lineage, from the ologun kutere dynasty), but to declare Lagos is out of his reach, same for any Eleko...even when the British was to take over Lagos, Oba Dosunmu had to call the Idejo and 'take permission' to secede Lagos to the British, not Oba of Bini's permission.

The vassal arrangement of the area to Bini was between Bini and Bini lineages in Lagos who were supposed to keep the Camp(Enuwa), it doesnt seem to have involved the older Awori lineages....so don't blame the person who told you his own 1-dimensional version based on the history of his lineage.

cheesy grin it is actually more correct to say/write 'Bini'. oranmiyan named the land 'ule-ibinu' that got corrupted to 'Ubini'
how you take to a Portuguese corruption of a corruption is just hilarious

2 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
macof:

Lmao look at this funny guy. Expansion involves spreading your population outside the homeland and having them retain the homeland identity. you admitted Bini did not do this. Bini failed to expand...that is why it is not considered an effective empire
Just imagine the size of the entire political area.. no wonder people don't even consider it an empire at all, of course because it is on the same level as Nupe, Ashanti, Dahomey...if having a little foreign lands under the King's authority is the big deal, we should call Nupe an Empire too
After all Nupe took over Owan areas from under your control, Nupe has a better record at Imperialism

it doesnt matter if Oranmiyan was at Egor or not, fact is that his Institution was at Uselu, prior to his coming there was no instituted authority at Uselu, therefore it is not wrong to say he founded Uselu... i already said he was given the land by some Igodomigodo chiefs

Oba Oyekan can speak on his personal lineage(Oyekan is actually of Ijesa lineage, from the ologun kutere dynasty), but to declare Lagos is out of his reach, same for any Eleko...even when the British was to take over Lagos, Oba Dosunmu had to call the Idejo and 'take permission' to secede Lagos to the British, not Oba of Bini's permission.

The vassal arrangement of the area to Bini was between Bini and Bini lineages in Lagos who were supposed to keep the Camp(Enuwa), it doesnt seem to have involved the older Awori lineages....so don't blame the person who told you his own 1-dimensional version based on the history of his lineage.

cheesy grin it is actually more correct to say/write 'Bini'. oranmiyan named the land 'ule-ibinu' that got corrupted to 'Ubini'
how you take to a Portuguese corruption of a corruption is just hilarious

Baba your entire post is just brilliant.

The man goofed when he opted for 'Benin' as the correct one, a Portuguese creation at that LOL

'Bini' is what Yoruba people call 'Benin', in certain Ifa verses it is referred to as Bini, Ado and the king as Olu Bini.

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
Obaluf0n:

The man goofed when he opted for 'Benin' as the correct one, a Portuguese creation at that LOL

'Bini' is what Yoruba people call 'Benin', in certain Ifa verses it is referred to as Bini, Ado and the king as Olu Bini.

Olu Benin my feet lol..... You Yoruba's are just mediocre ... I pity you..... The ridicule you all keep Bringing yourselfs is pathetic..... Ever told a Benin son he has even a single ting to do with you Yoruba's before?..... Yeah that disgust You see on his or her face should tell you a lot!!

Smh!!
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
[[s]quote author=Obaluf0n post=58652235]

[/quote][/s]

The Edo people have always had a unique ethnic identity since the time of Jesus Christ....... When did you all start answering Yoruba here? grin grin grin grin.... A derogatory term gifted to you people by the Hausa - Fulani traders grin grin grin grin

This is so damn pathetic grin
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Olu Benin my feet lol..... You Yoruba's are just mediocre ... I pity you..... The ridicule you all keep Bringing yourselfs is pathetic..... Ever told a Benin son he has even a single ting to do with you Yoruba's before?..... Yeah that disgust You see on his or her face should tell you a lot!!

Smh!!

Sir, we do not have anything to do with Bini.

In fact Bini as a group was never in our radar neither as a culture is it at par with Yoruba. Our only connection is our son & our arts we gave you, the only two things upon which your claim to fame is based on.

I guess if we never sent Oranmiyan or the artiats, Bini would have forever remained in obscurity.

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
[[s]quote author=Obaluf0n post=58654785]

In fact Bini as a group was never in our radar neither as a culture is it at par with Yoruba. Our only connection is our son & our arts we gave you, the only two things upon which your claim to fame is based on.

I guess if we never sent Oranmiyan or the artiats, Bini would have forever remained in obscurity.

[/quote][/s]

I guess if our son Oduduwa had not wandered into your wasteland and Civilised you lot.... You will still be in the Bush eating your ewedu without cooking it..

I am not even going to reply you on the Culture aspect Lmao.. Una too small abeg, bunch of jokers..... Your next ooni is already readying the beer and goat meat he would use in buying the ooni seat in IFE ......pathetic!!
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:
[[s]quote author=Obaluf0n post=58654785]

[/s]

I guess if our son Oduduwa had not wandered into your wasteland and Civilised you lot.... You will still be in the Bush eating your ewedu without cooking it..

I am not even going to reply you on the Culture aspect Lmao.. Una too small abeg, bunch of jokers..... Your next ooni is already readying the beer and goat meat he would use in buying the ooni seat in IFE ......pathetic!!

Lol y'all better go look for your lost fugitive elsewhere because Oduduwa was a proper Ife person.

Bini = greatness by attaché LOL.

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
Obaluf0n:

Lol y'all better go look for your lost fugitive elsewhere because Oduduwa was a proper Ife person.

Bini = greatness by attaché LOL.

Everybody .....Every tribe here on niaraland knows who the attache by force is...... Hahshaha ..... But we dey reject una like vomit at every turn!!.....

Oduduwa tell una say na sky king Aka Ogiso .... From igodomigodo and civilised you all with Benin Art and even the Culture Aspect you all are not still getting it right up till now..... What a shame grin grin grin grin

Ur next joke called Ooni is preparing for the next jamboree
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by EdoNation(f): 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Era mé owie OGBE nóo

Wonderfull smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
EdoNation:

Wonderfull smiley

Thanks
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by macof(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Everybody .....Every tribe here on niaraland knows who the attache by force is...... Hahshaha ..... But we dey reject una like vomit at every turn!!.....

Oduduwa tell una say na sky king Aka Ogiso .... From igodomigodo and civilised you all with Benin Art and even the Culture Aspect you all are not still getting it right up till now..... What a shame grin grin grin grin

Ur next joke called Ooni is preparing for the next jamboree

Shut up ode.

"Oduduwa" as a name belongs to an ancient deity credited with the creation of the earth. This same deity is most times considered feminine and heavily tied to the Aje (witches) who are said to have the powers of the earth

Oduduwa-the man adopted the name, he was previously known as Adimula. He has no business with Bini or should I say Igodomigodo
His origin lay in Oke-ora
Even in the Omonoba 's oriki, it is said "son of Adimula, son of odua of Ife"
Nothing connecting the oba to the ogiso is present in the traditions surrounding the Oba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
macof:

[s]Shut up ode.

"Oduduwa" as a name belongs to an ancient deity credited with the creation of the earth. This same deity is most times considered feminine and heavily tied to the Aje (witches) who are said to have the powers of the earth

Oduduwa-the man adopted the name, he was previously known as Adimula. He has no business with Bini or should I say Igodomigodo
His origin lay in Oke-ora
Even in the Omonoba 's oriki, it is said "son of Adimula, son of odua of Ife"
Nothing connecting the oba to the ogiso is present in the traditions surrounding the Oba[/s]

You are just an Unrepetant illiterate.......
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by macof(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

You are just an Unrepetant illiterate.......
everyone on nairaland knows you are not well grin
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by fatiaforreal: 3:19am On Jul 22, 2017
Obaluf0n:

Uncle, first off, what does Izoduwa mean and what does Oduduwa mean?

Odu (vessel) da (create/brings) iwa (exisstence).

Like the Jewish God in the creation story of old testament, Oduduwa is the creation deity of the Yoruba. S/he created earth and everything on it asides humans.

Oduduwa wasn't the name of the warrior-usurper king who reigned in Ife. The usurper king lived ln the hills amongsst the many communitie there. These people migrated down to the valley and settled at Idio on the left arm of the palace while Idita (Obatala's family) live on the right side of the palace. He got the cognomen of the creator deity 'Oduduwa' for creating a new Ife -- the man practically reshuffled everything. Excavation of the hills showeed therewere indeed extensive communities up there prior to their migration down the valley.

Your story of Izoduwa is a con, it is based on sound/word and no verifiable evidences outside of Bini.

Also while your ogiso had 36 kings before your lost child, Ife had about 90 kings before the confederacy was shattered. Histories about Ife are verifiable in archeological excavations. It is different in Benin, apart from your fables not being known outside Bini, your claim to being in existence with a 'developed' community has proven to be non existent from archeological research. In fact, the oldest excavation from Bini were late-stone age tools that long preceeded anything Ogiso.

Apart from arcgeological finding in Ife, dramati personae who ere around during Oduduwa's riot who migrated to other places corroborate histories about Ife -- Mahin/Ugbo (Osangangan Obamakin), Idanre to mention a few. Can Bini point to any place outside Bini were verification of Izoduwa tale can be found? Lol.

Y'all need to sit down. Your revisionism is baseless and this is why no historian of repute is losing sleep over it not even Historians with Bini origins have interest in such a convoluted tale that would do nothing but blur their career LOL

You're very right. Prior to Oranmiyan, they had no place of pride. So, the desperation to indigenize Oranmiyan by concocting a story of one wanderer who found himself in Ife. Little did they know there was another Ife on the bank of the Niger, that gave birth to most of the tribes in Nigeria. It was that Ife historians refer to as the Niger-Congo people or the yoruboid group. From this group emerged the Igbos, Ogoja , and most aboriginal tribes in Nigeria. The existence of this Ife is attested to by the people of Nupe whose kingdom was originally in the southern part of the middle belt. Nupe is from Kinupe, Kinupe is from Nyuife, and Nyuife is from Ile Ife. This is part of the reasons early Ife was referred to as Ife Oodaiye(Ife the Source); where many tribes and languages separated. This yoruboid group have been traced down to the mitochondrial Eve in Southern Africa. Genetic mapping confirm the same thing. Forget the tales by moonlight coming from our Bini fabricators, the Ogiamen said it all, Ife is much older than Benin, the royal family is only trying to hide its Ife origin by creating a reverse of the true story. Jacob Egarevba corroborated my point when he said the earliest Bini people came from Nupe. Nupe is old Ife, from where people migrated to Sudan and from Sudan to Egypt(some researches place Sudan before Nupe land).
The level of ignorance is generally high which informs why we place all emphasis on recent history. Yoruba history dates beyond twenty five thousand years, somebody's telling us a bullshit of 1500 years ago.

Concerning Lagos, Eko is an Awori word for farm. Again, from above all these languages are variations of the same original language(you'll be shocked at the semblance of Yoruba/Igala/Bini/Ogoja/Igbo languages). Bini in truth invaded Lagos at a time Oyo was preoccupied with the Fulani wars. If you study Binin empire, they engaged in very few open wars, the fought few wars with established kingdoms. It was more of silent raids through the creeks and rivers which informs the size of the empire, it was small and mainly along the coast and riverine areas, whereas Oyo expanded on the open land, fighting wars on chariots and horses and not canoe raiding of coastal towns and villages.

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by fatiaforreal: 3:47am On Jul 22, 2017
Before British intervention, no empire was absolute. The boundaries were always changing due to wars. Atah of Igala invaded Benin as far as Ikpoba river, in fact the river was what stood between them and the palace. Benin retaliated and even went as far as sacking the palace of Atah. Nupe kingdom tried to expand into the forest kingdom of Benin but failed initially, they lost a king in the process but didn't give up. Eventually, they set foot on Benin kingdom. They conquered the whole area of present day Etsako, Igara, and parts of Akoko Edo which Benin kingdom could not regain and which was under Nupe rule till the British took it from them. That's why Etsako is different from other parts of the kingdom politically. No empire was really absolute.

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Fulaman198(m): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Very nice, I never knew of a lot of the things posted here. This is why I am happy to be a moderator of this section.

So you see, Forefathers of this great nation were quite capable. In fact, I would say things were in a better state before Europeans came and looted this country of its goods. However, we as an entire nation must find a way to go back to the days of greatness together, irrespective of our different religions and ethnic groups.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:
Very nice, I never knew of a lot of the things posted here. This is why I am happy to be a moderator of this section.

So you see, Forefathers of this great nation were quite capable. In fact, I would say things were in a better state before Europeans came and looted this country of its goods. However, we as an entire nation must find a way to go back to the days of greatness together, irrespective of our different religions and ethnic groups.

True Talk!!

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 24, 2017
Erm so op's wrong?
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 8:37am On Jul 24, 2017
lovelygurl:
Erm so op's wrong?

No I am not!!...... Google is also your friend !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife To Marry 6th Wife On Monday / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures / Kano Monarch, Dahiru Abba, Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.