Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. (13406 Views)

What Lessons Can We Learn From Atheist? Why Did God Create Atheist ? / My Atheist Friends, How True Is This? / Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Mister , all deists are theists
agreed.
and theism is the antithesis of atheism . So please there is no similarity between deism and atheism . Stop confusing yourself.
so you as a deist, who is that god of yours?
You still shoot yourself in the foot because you are admitting that the bible is true.
cite where I stated so?
The bible explains why the earth is no longer like that - idyllic , resplendent etc - because it has been corrupted because of sin . So why don't you accept this?
guy, your getting me wrong, I only cited the bible as a scenerio.
You claimed that you were a deist yet you understand what 'First Cause' means ? Looks like someone lied grin
no disputing with you. lets assumed I lied, what do you mean by "First Cause"?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by JackBizzle: 11:33am On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

these are meaningless wordgames, you're not WLC, are you?

you lack belief in the pink unicorn, that means you believe in the pink unicorn subconsciously?

please, don't destroy your own thread with inanities

It was at this comment that spacetacular's argument was destroyed.

3 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:34am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

And I am of the opinion that a lack of belief in God or gods is the default state of man, so there will be epiphany. It is you that REALIZED that a god exist that should share your "epiphany".

Alright then so the default state of man is a lack of belief and I already defined Lack to mean a deficiency or absence of something needed, desirable, or customary"

Even the dictionary disagrees with your position based on the word LACK.

You got introduced at age 4. You got introduced to what RELIGION or JESUS? I bet it was RELIGION because at 4 you couldn't even entirely dress yourself yet how much more making life impacting decisions.

So how did you break away? That is the epiphany I wish to read about.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by JackBizzle: 11:35am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:
y

Curiosity killed the cat hopefullandlord!

I do not seek appeal or a life long piece so if you pride yourself in threads and their length of existence I am not like you.

Why are you not eager to share your personal epiphany here. It's my piece and since my intentions are only known to me I am perfectly on track by asking for it to be written here so I can read.

Are you not proud of your epiphany?
. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 11:36am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Prove what? Prove Your Own words?

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/atheist

and that definition is practically same in all online (website) dictionaries.
so how is that your problem?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:37am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
so how is that your problem?

You asked me to show you and prove it to you that you actually said so by yourself under no compulsion.

Can we got further now by reading about the condition of the world that led you to atheism?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

The comment in bold text isn't entirely true about you. You forget that it's the same website definition for your atheism you offered here. Plus you said THERE IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE IN A RELIGIOUS GOD and I want to share in this epiphany you have.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You were 4 , you could barely read undecided .

And to deduce the existence of God by careful observation of nature , logic and reason (natural theology) is a sign of intelligence . Are you insinuating that you are bereft of this ?
So, all the philosophers that rejected how you guys "deduced" your existence of god are bereft of intelligence?
The fuckkking irony, man.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

So, all the philosophers that rejected how you guys "deduced" your existence of god are bereft of intelligence?

Are those philosophers who accepted and also deduced the existence of God also bereft of intelligence?

You are an acclaimed doctor and arrived at your atheism due to what you said were "unanswered prayers" in your hospital (yes I read it in your writings). Can you say this statement holds true IN ALL HOSPITALS worldwide?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:47am On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Which philosophers ? The greatest minds and philosophers in the history of mankind all acknowledged the existence of God . And they contributed immensely to theistic philosophy .

We are talking of geniuses and supergeniuses , not scoffers and yahoos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

So since you were INTRODUCED that means you received A DIFFERENT INTRODUCTION some time later on in life which Led to your atheism.

Could you share that epiphany now?

I never said I became a theist. I said that I was introduced to the God idea, whether I believed or not is a different matter. My point is that before the "introduction" i didn't have the sligthest concept of God.
1. One must have a concept of something before believing in it. You agree?
2. prior to the "introduction", I didn't have a concept of God, hence I didn't have a belief in the existence of God. You agree?
3 from 1 and 2 above, It can be deduced that prior to the "introduction" I lacked a belief in the existence of God, and thus I was an Atheist by default. Agree?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:52am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

I never said I became a theist. I said that I was introduced to the God idea, whether I believed or not is a different matter. My point is that before the "introduction" i didn't have the sligthest concept of God.
1. One must have a concept of something before believing in it. You agree?
2. prior to the "introduction", I didn't have a concept of God, hence I didn't have a belief in the existence of God. You agree?
3 from 1 and 2 above, It can be deduced that prior to the "introduction" I lacked a belief in the existence of God, and thus I was an Atheist by default. Agree?

Did you read the definition of the word LACK at all?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:54am On Jul 18, 2017
I have got to run. Be back in a bit.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 11:57am On Jul 18, 2017
Spacetacular, stop trolling..
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by felixomor: 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Mister , all deists are theists and theism is the antithesis of atheism . So please there is no similarity between deism and atheism . Stop confusing yourself .

You still shoot yourself in the foot because you are admitting that the bible is true . The bible explains why the earth is no longer like that - idyllic , resplendent etc - because it has been corrupted because of sin . So why don't you accept this ?

I mean either way your idea of the earth looking resplendent proves the existence of God because according to the bible , the earth was once how you imagine it to be if 'there was a God' .

You claimed that you were a deist yet you dont understand what 'First Cause' means ? Looks like someone lied grin

An atheist who does not know what First Cause means ? Felixomor , is that one an atheist ? grin

Hehehehe, no
That one is not an atheist. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Are those philosophers who accepted and also deduced the existence of God also bereft of intelligence?
In my own view, I don't think so, but that was what your buddy princessebuka implied.

You are an acclaimed doctor and arrived at your atheism due to what you said were "unanswered prayers" in your hospital (yes I read it in your writings). Can you say this statement holds true IN ALL HOSPITALS worldwide?
Unanswered prayers for patients was a small part of the reason why I became an atheist.
How people tend to view their unanswered prayers is up to them, but I'm definitely not following a practice that it's success average is no better than chance.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Which philosophers ? The greatest minds and philosophers in the history of mankind all acknowledged the existence of God . And they contributed immensely to theistic philosophy .

We are talking of geniuses and supergeniuses , not scoffers and yahoos
Yea, and unicorns exist and I have a fire breathing dragon.

In spite of a meta analysis which clearly shows that your position is wrong, you still choose to believe it?

How do you like your cherries? Pink or Red?

3 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You were 4 , you could barely read undecided .

And to deduce the existence of God by careful observation of nature , logic and reason (natural theology) is a sign of intelligence . Are you insinuating that you are bereft of this ?

Really? I could read very well at the age of two, probably faster than you are able to read now.
So stop assuming.

5 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehe, no
That one is not an atheist. grin

grin grin grin

I've been asked by two atheists to explain what 'First Cause' means . cry cry

I also asked them to tell me whether atheism is the rejection of the existence of an entity because it is deified or it is the rejection of the deification of an entity , no reasonable response .

Catfishbilly and hopefullandlord acted like they didnt see the question undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

I also asked them to tell me whether atheism is the rejection of the existence of an entity because it is deified or it is the rejection of the deification of an entity , no reasonable response .

Catfishbilly and hopefullandlord acted like they didnt see the question undecided

And you were asked to give a clear definition of First Cause.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

shut up, you and your imaginary friend called Allah

FSM created all that began to exist
Then doesn't that simply mean that, there is such thing as a creator and that the world never popped out one day?

Can i have debate with you on this topic again?

I have had an argument with you here before, where you outright failed miserably. But, i don't know how far you have learnt from it tho.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Unanswered prayers for patients was a small part of the reason why I became an atheist.

Lies . Doctors affirm to the efficacy of prayers .

The doctors I know are very religious . Plus Every time a story validating the belief in spirits and afterlife show up on daily mail UK , top comments are from mainly medical practitioners who attest to the veracity of the stories because they share these uncanny experiences with their patients .

How people tend to view their unanswered prayers is up to them, but I'm definitely not following a practice that it's success average is no better than chance.

Deists reject miracles , prayers and other supernatural occurrences and they acknowledge the existence of God . Please find another excuse abeg .
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
WTF is fsm?

You are surprised?

Doesn't that show he is special kind of DUMB?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
ambassagod:

Then doesn't that simply mean that, there is such thing as a creator and that the world never popped out one day?

Can i have debate with you on this topic again?

I've told you many times that I'm ready when you are
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
iamgenius:
Did U create urself? What's FSM?

It is actually a coined up word to take his place of God. As in "Allah" "Yaweh".
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
ambassagod:

You are surprised?

Doesn't that show he is special kind of DUMB?

look! someone that's not dumb but goes around calling anyone that disagrees with him dumb

6 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I've told you many times that I'm ready when you are

Okay
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

And you were asked to give a clear definition of First Cause.

I don't think you understand the ludicrousness of your request .
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

look! someone that's not dumb but goes around calling anyone that disagrees with him dumb
Actually, i didn't say you are dumb. That's a question that needs "YES OR NO".
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't think you understand the ludicrousness of your request .

mr, when you make an argument do well to clearly define your key terms, because they are what make or break your argument. We can't have you changing the meaning of your key terms in the middle of the argument, as you always do.

4 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by felixomor: 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

Brother,
I am not surprised.
Atheists dont care about knowledge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lies . Doctors affirm to the efficacy of prayers .

The doctors I know are very religious . Plus Every time a story validating the belief in spirits and afterlife show up on daily mail UK , top comments are from mainly medical practitioners who attest to the veracity of the stories because they share these uncanny experiences with their patients .
I don't care about your anecdotes. Prayers have been put to test, by the Templeton foundation no less and it came up short. You can process that information anyhow you see fit.

Deists reject miracles , prayers and other supernatural occurrences and they acknowledge the existence of God . Please find another excuse abeg .
See me see wahala.
Is it a must be believe in a god or supreme being?
Deists reject miracles, I went a step further and rejected the ridiculous idea of a supreme being. End of fuckkking story.
Deal with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Will The Next Pope Be The Last? / Why Is Pastor Chris Church Always Docorated With Pyramids? / Four Simple Ways To Avoid And Overcome Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.