Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. (13441 Views)

What Lessons Can We Learn From Atheist? Why Did God Create Atheist ? / My Atheist Friends, How True Is This? / Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:
I make bold to say that a whole bunch of you who claim to be atheists are simply skeptics and nothing more. None of you can give a profound indisputable epiphany which led you to atheism.

It's like you were simply looking for validation on a position you already had which is called DOUBT.

Doubt is a feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction and your search for something to validate your doubt produced an illusion of atheism in you while all you still have is doubt which is simply skepticism.
Haha. So your the one to tell others what they are.. Clown!!. Your opinion does not count.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:
I make bold to say that a whole bunch of you who claim to be atheists are simply skeptics and nothing more. None of you can give a profound indisputable epiphany which led you to atheism.

It's like you were simply looking for validation on a position you already had which is called DOUBT.

Doubt is a feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction and your search for something to validate your doubt produced an illusion of atheism in you while all you still have is doubt which is simply skepticism.
If you want to know about my epiphany, my book comes out in 3 months. It has all your answers. If you feel they don't answer your questions, I'll also host a Reddit AMA where every issue will be addressed.
Be patient! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
dalaman:

KingEbukasblog's God is nothing my a virtual reality creation.
Lol ... and the gods gave us atheism
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
dalaman:

Jus show me the part that says that prayers alone works and where it says doctors recommend and use it in treating their patients.
That's because, it ain't there.
The most famous experiment for the efficacy of prayers was the Templeton foundation prayer experiment and Prayers failed woefully.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by dalaman: 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Read the whole article sir.

Its not there. Just show me where it says that prayers alone works and the name of the hospital or doctor that recommends it alone for treatment.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
Haha. So your the one to tell others what they are.. Clown!!. Your opinion does not count.

Yeah so does your skepticism. You couldn't even defend what you claimed led you to atheism but went off asking me about nationality, location and belief.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
So you emulate what other people think or do. you don't think for yourself. If for example, all scientists claim that zeus is the true god, you would follow them.?. don't let people tell you what to think.!

Science has no business with which God is true but science has already helped in our understanding of the complexity of nature which will only point to the existence of a mind behind it all.

By the way Zeus is a denizen of the universe so it can't be it's cause .

Why are you people obsessed with Zeus when you know so little or nothing about him ? He is the so called 'sky daddy' .
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

The most famous experiment for the efficacy of prayers was the Templeton foundation prayer experiment and Prayers failed woefully.

Let me post the Templeton fraud exposure again here.

The problem with the templeton prayer study was based in the hypothesis itself: if we pray for someone then God will intervene in some supernatural way to restore a person’s health. No doubt this is a wonderful concept, but it eliminates the truth about the subject being studied. In the same way that the Prosperity Gospel cult has undercut the basis of Christian belief, this study is based on a lie. Somehow people have come up with this idea that if we ask for something then we can obligate God to deliver.

What kind of God would he be if we were able to say just the right words or preform just the right action that would somehow get God’s attention and thus getting a desired result? This concept makes God not God at all, but rather some cosmic vending machine or light switch

In John chapter 3 Jesus describes to a religious leader, Nicodemus, the nature and action of God. “The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.” This makes the scientific study more akin to the study of psychology. If God is a volitional being, then we cannot expect that God will perform based on a regular standard and without fail.

In essence this study was not about prayer at all, but about the effect of positive words and their impact on a person’s health.

This is not to deny the power that abides in prayer, but it does stand in the face of a fallacy. Prayer is not about getting our goodies from God, but it is about trusting God to do what is best. It is about building a relationship and leaning on the truth that comes from that relationship.

This study would be just as flawed if it were conducted on child-parent relationships and we expected that the child would receive everything she asked her parents for. No doubt we would think very poorly of a parent who did that and it would be no stretch to expect that the child would be a lazy, fat brat. No doubt we would be in quite a big mess if God also fulfilled every request to our liking. It frankly gives me much satisfaction that this study was a failure, because it strengthens my trust in a God that cannot be contained".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Prayers to who ? The last time I checked , atheist Confucians pray to the spirit of their ancestors and atheist wiccans conjure incantations as a way of communicating with the elements of nature .

Please be specific

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Let me post the Templeton fraud exposure again here.

[b]The problem with the templeton prayer study was based in the hypothesis itself: if we pray for someone then God will intervene in some supernatural way to restore a person’s health. No doubt this is a wonderful concept, but it eliminates the truth about the subject being studied. In the same way that the Prosperity Gospel cult has undercut the basis of Christian belief, this study is based on a lie. Somehow people have come up with this idea that if we ask for something then we can obligate God to deliver.

What kind of God would he be if we were able to say just the right words or preform just the right action that would somehow get God’s attention and thus getting a desired result? This concept makes God not God at all, but rather some cosmic vending machine or light switch

In John chapter 3 Jesus describes to a religious leader, Nicodemus, the nature and action of God. “The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.” This makes the scientific study more akin to the study of psychology. If God is a volitional being, then we cannot expect that God will perform based on a regular standard and without fail.

In essence this study was not about prayer at all, but about the effect of positive words and their impact on a person’s health.

This is not to deny the power that abides in prayer, but it does stand in the face of a fallacy. Prayer is not about getting our goodies from God, but it is about trusting God to do what is best. It is about building a relationship and leaning on the truth that comes from that relationship.

This study would be just as flawed if it were conducted on child-parent relationships and we expected that the child would receive everything she asked her parents for. No doubt we would think very poorly of a parent who did that and it would be no stretch to expect that the child would be a lazy, fat brat. No doubt we would be in quite a big mess if God also fulfilled every request to our liking. It frankly gives me much satisfaction that this study was a failure, because it strengthens my trust in a God that cannot be contained"[/b].
All I see here are just excuses. The Bible was clear on how prayers work.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by felixomor: 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
Ok, what is wrong with that clause?
He does
She does
They do
You do

cool thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Prayers to who ? The last time I checked , atheist Confucians pray to the spirit of their ancestors and atheist wiccans conjure incantations as a way of communicating with the elements of nature .

Please be specific
It doesn't matter to which deity.
Prayers don't work. End of story.
Don't come and tell me your anecdotes, I won't even entertain them.
If you've got proof, bring a research paper where prayer alone was tested with a control group.
I'm waiting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 5:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

All I see here are just excuses. The Bible was clear on how prayers work.

The Bible offered a guide which you failed to see. I remember teaching you about prayer.

Read below

The Disciples asked him to teach them how to pray and he deliberately worded THE lords prayer that way so they would know the FOUNDATION of prayer.

Faith isn't the foundation. The foundation is relationship. This is why the Bible says FAITH WITHOUT WORKS (RELATIONSHIP) IS DEAD!

what are the works or relationship? How can I say I love God whom I have not seen when I do not love the people I see.

What are the works or relationship? 1st Corinthians 13 Vs 1- 8

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

There are so many to point at but the summary of them all is RELATIONSHIP with God first before all else.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

He does
She does
They do
You do

cool thank me later
haha, After using google. well, what makes you think I can't invent my own way of using a foreign language.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

The Bible offered a guide which you failed to see. I remember teaching you about prayer.

Read below

The Disciples asked him to teach them how to pray and he deliberately worded THE lords prayer that way so they would know the FOUNDATION of prayer.

Faith isn't the foundation. The foundation is relationship. This is why the Bible says FAITH WITHOUT WORKS (RELATIONSHIP) IS DEAD!

what are the works or relationship? How can I say I love God whom I have not seen when I do not love the people I see.

What are the works or relationship? 1st Corinthians 13 Vs 1- 8

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

There are so many to point at but the summary of them all is RELATIONSHIP with God first before all else.
Ok
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

It doesn't matter to which deity.
Prayers don't work. End of story.
Don't come and tell me your anecdotes, I won't even entertain them.
If you've got proof, bring a research paper where prayer alone was tested with a control group.
I'm waiting.

Again the finality. PRAYERS DON'T WORK!

where is your report on your foray to all the hospitals worldwide and all the homes worldwide or even your interview of each and every religious individual worldwide that made you arrive at this?

You are the one making the claim without evidence and you are asking someone else to provide his proof?

Are you for real?

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by felixomor: 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
haha, After using google. well, what makes you think I can't invent my own way of using a foreign language.
Even if your lie is true,
Doesnt change the fact i just lectured you on clauses and Concord cool

3 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Science has no business with which God is true but science has already helped in our understanding of the complexity of nature which will only point to the existence of a mind behind it all.

By the way Zeus is a denizen of the universe so it can't be it's cause .

Why are you people obsessed with Zeus when you know so little or nothing about him ? He is the so called 'sky daddy' .
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:

Confused?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

I doubt you have anything to say.
Pricador, hahaha, join my fb group "AFRICA CRITICAL THINKERS".
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Again the finality. PRAYERS DON'T WORK!

where is your report on your foray to all the hospitals worldwide and all the homes worldwide or even your interview of each and every religious individual worldwide that made you arrive at this?

You are the one making the claim without evidence and you are asking someone else to provide his proof?

Are you for real?
I've got proof. A scientific study that was run by a religious foundation, a university and a hospital.
You don't want to accept it, that's your problem.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

Even if your lie is true,
Doesnt change the fact i just lectured you on clauses and Concord cool
which fact?? are u perplexed.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by felixomor: 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
which fact?? are u perplexed.
Fact?
"Only you does" men grin
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I've got proof. A scientific study that was run by a religious foundation, a university and a hospital.
You don't want to accept it, that's your problem.

And I have shown that your proof IS A FRAUD!

I also showed you a credible study that shows how prayer and spirituality is now being made a part of medicine. I think prayer and spirituality now being accepted and conducted in 101 out of 135 medical schools in the USA alone is extremely significant wouldn't you say so?

show me something else. Perhaps something you personally conducted Afterall you did not become an atheist on the same day and based on the same reasons as hopefullandlord. So it's only logical that you have your own findings.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
Pricador, hahaha, join my fb group "AFRICA CRITICAL THINKERS".

If by critical thinkers you mean using does in place of do and not seeing anything wrong with it then I'll pass.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

If by critical thinkers you mean using does in place of do and not seeing anything wrong with it then I'll pass.
i see!. keep giving excuses.. Keep Trolling.!
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:
Fact? "Only you does" men grin
clown, so that is affecting you??.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

And I have shown that your proof IS A FRAUD!

I also showed you a credible study that shows how prayer and spirituality is now being made a part of medicine. I think prayer and spirituality now being accepted and conducted in 101 out of 135 medical schools in the USA alone is extremely significant wouldn't you say so?

show me something else. Perhaps something you personally conducted Afterall you did not become an atheist on the same day and based on the same reasons as hopefullandlord. So it's only logical that you have your own findings.
It's now a fraud?
Show me a reputable scientific journal that called it a fraud apart from pained theists after their private auditory and visual hallucinations sessions was debunked.

Your studies didn't evaluate prayers alone as you would want us to believe. We read the excerpts you posted.

As for something I personally conducted, I have a whole thread I opened.
You've read the thread before, did it slip your mind?

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
i see!. keep giving excuses.. Keep Trolling.!

Prove me wrong by first defending your reason for becoming an atheist then I might consider joining your group of "critical" thinkers

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

It's now a fraud?
Show me a reputable scientific journal that called it a fraud apart from pained theists after their private auditory and visual hallucinations sessions was debunked.

Your students didn't evaluate prayers alone as you would want us to believe. We read the excerpts you posted.

As for something I personally conducted, I have a whole thread I opened.
You've read the thread before, did it slip your mind?

You first of all said your reputable scientific journals confirmed your prayer fraud yet you wrote about your experience here on Nairaland. Is Nairaland a "reputable scientific journal"?

How can we verify?

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by felixomor: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
clown, so that is affecting you??.

It affects only u brah grin
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Cretin, stop quoting me.
Fuckkking imbecil_e.
Fuckkking retar_d
I can see your pains bro grin grin grin

But stick to spacetacular, she can deal with you quite well. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? / Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio / Born-again Cchristain Singles Group...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.