Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. (13403 Views)

What Lessons Can We Learn From Atheist? Why Did God Create Atheist ? / My Atheist Friends, How True Is This? / Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by DeSepiero(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular , what are you really deducing about atheists from the definition provided, and how does it relate to your story in the original post?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 10:43am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

I already offered dictionary definitions for both LACK and ABSENCE and you obviously found them unsatisfactory which was why you said LACK has MANY definitions yet you want me to further provide more dictionary definitions for you?

I want you to do us the honours.
English language is Dynamic, in religious context LACK means disbelief.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2017
DeSepiero:
spacetacular , what are you really deducing about atheists from the definition provided, and how does it relate to your story in the original post?

You all somehow seek TO RELATE something with something in an attempt to quench your curious minds.

Look at my response to hopefullandlord.

Do you have your own epiphany to share?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:48am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
English language is Dynamic, in religious context LACK means disbelief.

I did not use a Religious dictionary to arrive at a definition. It was a regular dictionary so when you talk about religious dynamism in context then you are wrong.

Lack you say means disbelief and disbelief is the inability or refusal to accept that something is true or real.

So if you are UNABLE or REFUSE to accept that God or gods are real then SHARE with us how you arrived at this position. It's that simple.

Share your epiphany! I am eager to read about it.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
Atheism & Deism is like 5 & 6. they almost the same thing.

Deism is a type of theism , its a theological position on the nature of God . And deists hate atheism with passion . You can visit their website @ www.deism.com to see for yourself .

If there was a deity, then the earth should have been exactly as the bible's "Garden of Eden" was.

What?! What concerns the bible with atheists ? What kind of red herring is this ? Not all theists even agree with the bible or see the world that way . Please try again , your response is just outlandish .

ofcourse, there are numerous entity, you yourself is an entity. Atheism refutes a deity not entity.

That means atheism does not reject the existence of the First Cause , it just denies its deification ?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 10:53am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

You cannot force me to show you the big picture can you?

I'm not here for whatever big picture you have in your head, I read the OP and I've answered OP, if you want atheists to tell their own personal journey to atheism, then you need to open a separate thread for that, infact there are many such threads already

don't make your own thread DOA and tell us how ny definition now relates to Washing blood of a John Doe

4 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2017
To my atheist friends all I ask is a LITERAL TASTE of what you have got and guard so jealously.

You should be jumping at this opportunity to share how you got your epiphany especially since you are proud enough to declare your atheism openly on this website. Shouldn't you also be proud enough to also declare your epiphany?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 10:55am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

You cannot force me to show you the big picture can you?

(your questions show the DESIRE TO KNOW AND REACH FOR SOMETHING BEYOND MAN) . This is subconsciously inherent in every one.

You want me to immediately make clear to you what you are in the dark about and I say I WILL MOVE AT A CERTAIN PACE. however you are not satisfied by this so as your comment implies would rather pull away than stay to quench THIS DESIRE TO KNOW in you.

That COULD have been how you became an atheist? Could that be your epiphany? You were eager to know but could not be patient enough to know.

Look at me as God in my comment and then draw your inference from that.

I am hungry for your epiphany. Feed me.

Can you please prove that ALL humans are born with the desire to KNOW God?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 10:55am On Jul 18, 2017
DeSepiero:

exactly! she's just ruining her own thread and its already falling to mediocrity, I thought this was a unique thread

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 10:56am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Lack you say means disbelief and disbelief is the inability or refusal to accept that something is true or real.
u're Ridiculous! so if someone lack a belief in the existence of Ben 10, does that mean Ben 10 is authentic or true.

So if you are UNABLE or REFUSE to accept that God or gods are real then SHARE with us how you arrived at this position. It's that simple.

Share your epiphany! I am eager to read about it.
The Condition of the World made me an Atheist.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:57am On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm not here for whatever big picture you have in your head, I read the OP and I've answered OP, if you want atheists to tell their own personal journey to atheism, then you need to open a separate thread for that, infact there are many such threads already

don't make your own thread DOA and tell us how ny definition now relates to Washing blood of a John Doe
y

Curiosity killed the cat hopefullandlord!

I do not seek appeal or a life long piece so if you pride yourself in threads and their length of existence I am not like you.

Why are you not eager to share your personal epiphany here. It's my piece and since my intentions are only known to me I am perfectly on track by asking for it to be written here so I can read.

Are you not proud of your epiphany?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:59am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

Have you dropped your epiphany yet? Remember I said I will only work with what you give me and not what I propose.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 11:00am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Deism is a type of theism , its a theological position on the nature of God . And deists hate atheism with passion . You can visit their website @ www.deism.com to see for yourself .

What?! What concerns the bible with atheists ? What kind of red herring is this ? Not all theists even agree with the bible or see the world that way . Please try again , your response is just outlandish .

That means atheism does not reject the existence of the First Cause , it just denies its deification ?

First cause with respect to what?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

https://www.nairaland.com/3771249/introducing-implicit-theism-think-born
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

First cause with respect to what?

What do you know as 'First cause' ?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
u're Ridiculous! so if someone lack a belief in the existence of Ben 10, does that mean Ben 10 is authentic or true.

The Condition of the World made me an Atheist.

I do not think you understand what you are saying and what I am saying as well.

We have looked at lack and absence and given several definitions of them and you are taking us backward with this misunderstanding you have.

Can you share those specific world conditions with us?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 11:06am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I use to be a deist. For me I see both of them as almost the same. I don't believe or accept what a website says, I think for myself.

What?! What concerns the bible with atheists ? What kind of red herring is this ? Not all theists even agree with the bible or see the world that way . Please try again , your response is just outlandish.
I never said all theist agree with the bible, I just gave an example of how the earth would have been if there was a God.
what do you mean by the phrase First Cause ?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Have you dropped your epiphany yet? Remember I said I will only work with what you give me and not what I propose.

Actually you are the one expected to drop your "epiphany"

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:07am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

I will only work with what they give to me. I want to move AT THEIR PACE. A lot of them would not understand what you just wrote.

Yeah , I totally agree . BrahamPaul is already floundering helplessly . When will they realize how idiotic and senseless atheism is ?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 11:09am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

I do not think you understand what you are saying and what I am saying as well.

We have looked at lack and absence and given several definitions of them and you are taking us backward with this misunderstanding you have.

Can you share those specific world conditions with us?
stop askin me stupid questions!! you know the earth's conditions.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
I use to be a deist. For me I see both of them as almost the same. I don't believe or accept what a website says, I think for myself. I never said all theist agree with the bible, I just gave an example of how the earth would have been if there was a God.

The comment in bold text isn't entirely true about you. You forget that it's the same website definition for your atheism you offered here. Plus you said THERE IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE IN A RELIGIOUS GOD and I want to share in this epiphany you have.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

Actually you are the one expected to drop your "epiphany"

I already stated a clause. I WILL ONLY WORK WITH WHAT YOU GIVE ME AND NOT WHAT I PROPOSE.

My epiphany isn't the focus. I am not the one who said "I DO NOT BELIEVE IN God or gods" am I?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
stop askin me stupid questions!! you know the earth's conditions.

Some see things through rose tinted glasses while others do through thorns. A rose is absolutely beautiful yet has thorns.

Despite the thorns people like you still say "AS BEAUTIFUL AS A ROSE."

so perspectives differ. Tell me this world condition you are referring to.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
I use to be a deist. For me I see both of them as almost the same. I don't believe or accept what a website says, I think for myself.

Mister , all deists are theists and theism is the antithesis of atheism . So please there is no similarity between deism and atheism . Stop confusing yourself .

I never said all theist agree with the bible, I just gave an example of how the earth would have been if there was a God.

You still shoot yourself in the foot because you are admitting that the bible is true . The bible explains why the earth is no longer like that - idyllic , resplendent etc - because it has been corrupted because of sin . So why don't you accept this ?

I mean either way your idea of the earth looking resplendent proves the existence of God because according to the bible , the earth was once how you imagine it to be if 'there was a God' .

You claimed that you were a deist yet you dont understand what 'First Cause' means ? Looks like someone lied grin

An atheist who does not know what First Cause means ? Felixomor , is that one an atheist ? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 11:19am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

The comment in bold text isn't entirely true about you.
kindly prove it?
You forget that it's the same website definition for your atheism you offered here.
what website? pls cite.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Yeah , I totally agree . BrahamPaul is already floundering helplessly . When will they realize how idiotic and senseless atheism is ?

I wouldn't call it senseless. I would say it's simply hope deprived. They are making sense but only to themselves. They cannot stray outside their bubble. I am in chill mood today so do not want to sound condescending or irritated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
kindly prove it? what website? pls cite.

Prove what? Prove Your Own words?

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/atheist

and that definition is practically same in all online (website) dictionaries.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

https://www.nairaland.com/3771249/introducing-implicit-theism-think-born

I don't see anywhere in that there where it was proven that man was wired to believe in God.
I was introduced to the God Idea at the age of 4, prior to that, I had never conceived of God or anything close to that.

6 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:25am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

I don't see anywhere in that there where it was proven that man was wired to believe in God.
I was introduced to the God Idea at the age of 4, prior to that, I had never conceived of God or anything close to that.

Read the entire article , slowly and carefully .
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 11:27am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

So since you were INTRODUCED that means you received A DIFFERENT INTRODUCTION some time later on in life which Led to your atheism.

Could you share that epiphany now?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:29am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

You were 4 , you could barely read undecided .

And to deduce the existence of God by careful observation of nature , logic and reason (natural theology) is a sign of intelligence . Are you insinuating that you are bereft of this ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

I already stated a clause. I WILL ONLY WORK WITH WHAT YOU GIVE ME AND NOT WHAT I PROPOSE.

My epiphany isn't the focus. I am not the one who said "I DO NOT BELIEVE IN God or gods" am I?

And I am of the opinion that a lack of belief in God or gods is the default state of man, so there will be no epiphany. It is you that REALIZED that a god exist that should share your "epiphany".

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Have Any Of Your Dreams Ever Come To Reality? / Will The Next Pope Be The Last? / Why Is Pastor Chris Church Always Docorated With Pyramids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.