Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. (13444 Views)

What Lessons Can We Learn From Atheist? Why Did God Create Atheist ? / My Atheist Friends, How True Is This? / Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
dalaman:

No where does it state that doctors use prayers alone to cure their patients at all. Where in the report does it state that prayers alone are used do cure patients in hospitals in the study?

You were the one singing the alone tune. I simply wanted you to show me how it is the prayer does not work as you claimed and I showed you that study to show you that it does work be it alone or not.

Have you read it? If not, please do.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

But you said he is YOUR FRIEND and somehow you are both also on the same whatsapp and telegram group and he is a "colleague" yet you do not FOLLOW HIM?

catfishbilly! wink
You are beginning to catch him.

Just follow the guy slowly, word for word and carefully. You will end up catching completely.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
ambassagod:

LMAO! grin grin

ALL ATHEISTS THINK FOR THEMSELVES, THEREFORE THEY ARE ALL INTELLIGENT!!!

Wow, can someone give this guy some beer?! grin grin
WTF!!. is this one sick.?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
ambassagod:

You are beginning to catch him.

Just follow the guy slowly, word for word and carefully. You will end up catching completely.
Idiot, is it a must to follow anybody on Nairaland.
Fuckkking cretin.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

How would my faith affect your answer except you wish to deviate. Okay let's test it out shall we?

I am a Christian. You can answer now.
Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
dalaman:

No where does it state that doctors use prayers alone to cure their patients at all. Where in the report does it state that prayers alone are used do cure patients in hospitals in the study?

The first one doesn't even mention prayer but sprituality.

And the second said what?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

Dig first use (from dictionary) means to excavate something out...... Like the way you excavated your own question out.......
I hope u understand English?
No I don't. only you does.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
Are you a Nigerian?

Gosh! Are natural disasters or Wars or any of those things you mentioned different from country to country?

What has my nationality got to do with anything?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by dalaman: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

You were the one singing the alone tune. I simply wanted you to show me how it is the prayer does not work as you claimed and I showed you that study to show you that it does work be it alone or not.

The study does not say that prayer works. It only says sprituality was thought in medical schools and says that there is only one consensus which is that people that attend church live longer. Sprituality is not the same as prayers. The second survey says people claim that they have prayed to heal them selves and others. It doesn't conclude that the claims of the people were scientifically studied and verified. No where does it state that prayers work and is used in the hospitals as you claim. So fail!

3 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Prayer has a confounding effect, no one can say with any measure of certainty if it was the prayer that was effective or the drug.
So the best way is to evaluate them in isolation to remove any confounding effect. That was done, we both know how prayers performed.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Prayer has a confounding effect, no one can say with any measure of certainty if it was the prayer that was effective or the drug.
So the best way is to evaluate them in isolation to remove any confounding effect. That was done, we both know how prayers performed.

Read the article.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
WTF!!. is this one sick.?

Wow, now you just discovered how dumb you sounded?? And was like, WTF!!
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by felixomor: 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
No I don't. only you does.

@ bolded (Gbagaun grin. )
Anyway, When u are ready for lectures let me know.......
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by dalaman: 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

And the second said what?

Does I say say that doctors use prayers? Where does it say that? Have you started making things up?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Even if it is done, you will still come up with another gibberish, like "Oh, these theists are quite stupid! It is not a miracle, it just happened by chance!!

you see that? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
ambassagod:

Wow, now you just discovered how dumb you sounded?? And was like, WTF!!
abeg, rub Aboniki for your brain, e go cure your maniac attitude.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Read the article.
Requires a subscription.
What is on the website however doesn't disprove my submission.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Idiot, is it a must to follow anybody on Nairaland.
Fuckkking cretin.

grin grin grin grin

I know I struck a nerve quite well!!!

But, stick to spacetacular. I know she can deal with you quite well. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by CatfishBilly: 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
ambassagod:

Even if it is done, you will still come up with another gibberish, like "Oh, these theists are quite stupid! It is not a miracle, it just happened by chance!!

you see that? grin grin grin
Cretin, stop quoting me.
Fuckkking imbecil_e.
Fuckkking retar_d

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Gosh! Are natural disasters or Wars or any of those things you mentioned different from country to country?

What has my nationality got to do with anything?
you'v asked so many questions in this forum, so its my turn to ask you now.. answer me!

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
dalaman:

The study does not say that prayer works. It only says sprituality was thought in medical schools and says that there is only one consensus which is that people that attend church live longer. Sprituality is not the same as prayers. The second survey says people claim that they have prayed to heal them selves and others. It doesn't conclude that the claims of the people were scientifically studied and verified. No where does it state that prayers work and is used in the hospitals as you claim. So fail!

You didn't read the study.

If you did you would have seen this

In recent years, several openly religious doctors and researchers have recommended that doctors ask patients about their spiritual beliefs, on the grounds that some studies show religious people are healthier. Some even make a practice of praying with their patients. Dale Matthews, a professor of medicine at Georgetown University, recommends that doctors encourage religious patients “to pray more” to enhance recovery from illness.

And this

It's rock solid — those of us attending church, mosque and temple are living longer lives,” says Michael E. McCullough, associate professor in psychology and religious studies at the University of Miami, Coral Gables. McCullough, who completed a meta-analysis of 42 studies confirming the link, estimates regular religious attendance confers an extra five to seven years of life — and up to 14 years for African-American men.

And this

Herbert Benson, president of the Mind/Body Medical Institute in Chestnut Hill, Mass., and an associate professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School, is an expert on the physical benefits of meditation. He suggests that praying — repeating phrases, words or motions — produces beneficial, stress-reducing physiological effects, such as lowered blood pressure, like those produced by meditation

And this

Indeed, spirituality advocates already have made considerable inroads in medical education. A decade ago, only a handful of the 135 American medical schools offered courses on spirituality and healing. Today 101 medical schools devote at least a portion of some courses to the topic, according to Christina M. Puchalski, director of the George Washington Institute for Spirituality and Health and associate professor of medicine at George Washington University School of Medicine, in Washington, D.C.
“The focus of teaching the courses is rooted in our ethical obligation as physicians and nurses to be attentive to the suffering our patients encounter and to be compassionate; that's why I think they should be taught,” says Puchalski, who developed one of the first such courses in 1992 and sees the spiritual component as part of the medical trend toward treating patients holistically

The study is rich. I only extracted a few things to show YOU DID NOT READ IT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

@ bolded (Gbagaun grin. )
Anyway, When u are ready for lectures let me know.......
Mr. Lecturer, whats wrong with my "phrase"?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by felixomor: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
Mr. Lecturer, whats wrong with my "phrase"?

"Only you does" bros grin

Its a "clause" though.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by dalaman: 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

You didn't read the study.

If you did you would have seen this

In recent years, several openly religious doctors and researchers have recommended that doctors ask patients about their spiritual beliefs, on the grounds that some studies show religious people are healthier. Some even make a practice of praying with their patients. Dale Matthews, a professor of medicine at Georgetown University, recommends that doctors encourage religious patients “to pray more” to enhance recovery from illness.

And this

It's rock solid — those of us attending church, mosque and temple are living longer lives,” says Michael E. McCullough, associate professor in psychology and religious studies at the University of Miami, Coral Gables. McCullough, who completed a meta-analysis of 42 studies confirming the link, estimates regular religious attendance confers an extra five to seven years of life — and up to 14 years for African-American men.

And this

Herbert Benson, president of the Mind/Body Medical Institute in Chestnut Hill, Mass., and an associate professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School, is an expert on the physical benefits of meditation. He suggests that praying — repeating phrases, words or motions — produces beneficial, stress-reducing physiological effects, such as lowered blood pressure, like those produced by meditation

And this

Indeed, spirituality advocates already have made considerable inroads in medical education. A decade ago, only a handful of the 135 American medical schools offered courses on spirituality and healing. Today 101 medical schools devote at least a portion of some courses to the topic, according to Christina M. Puchalski, director of the George Washington Institute for Spirituality and Health and associate professor of medicine at George Washington University School of Medicine, in Washington, D.C.
“The focus of teaching the courses is rooted in our ethical obligation as physicians and nurses to be attentive to the suffering our patients encounter and to be compassionate; that's why I think they should be taught,” says Puchalski, who developed one of the first such courses in 1992 and sees the spiritual component as part of the medical trend toward treating patients holistically

The study is rich. I only extracted a few thing to show YOU DID NOT READ IT.

My question to you right from the beginning is to provide any study that shows that prayers ALONE cures people and is recommended and used by doctors in hospitals. You haven't done that. You instead went to bring studies where some religious doctors encouraged their patients to pray (after treating them using other means) etc. This study is of no use because it doesn't say that prayers alone works, heals and is used by any hospital anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
you'v asked so many questions in this forum, so its my turn to ask you now.. answer me!

I am British but of Nigerian descent
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
dalaman:

My question to you right from the beginning is to provide any study that shows that prayers ALONE cures people and is recommended and used by doctors in hospitals. You haven't done that. You instead went to bring studies where some religious doctors encouraged their patients to pray (after treating them using other means) etc. This study is of no use because it doesn't say that prayers alone works, heals and is used by any hospital anywhere.

You still have not read the article.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by dalaman: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

You still have not read the article.

Jus show me the part that says that prayers alone works and where it says doctors recommend and use it in treating their patients.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

I am British but of Nigerian descent
What country are you in presently?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
I make bold to say that a whole bunch of you who claim to be atheists are simply skeptics and nothing more. None of you can give a profound indisputable epiphany which led you to atheism.

It's like you were simply looking for validation on a position you already had which is called DOUBT.

Doubt is a feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction and your search for something to validate your doubt produced an illusion of atheism in you while all you still have is doubt which is simply skepticism.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
dalaman:

Jus show me the part that says that prayers alone works and where it says doctors have recommend and use it.

Read the whole article sir.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

"Only you does" bros grin
Its a "clause" though.
Ok, what is wrong with that clause?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
What country are you in presently?

I doubt you have anything to say.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio / Born-again Cchristain Singles Group... / Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.