Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Am I Too Choosy? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Too Choosy? (49809 Views)

"Am I Too Much To Handle?" - Lady Shares Photos Of "Asset" / Am I Too Ugly Not Too Have A Girlfriend / When A Guy Is Too Choosy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

I know lefulefu undecided

I will think about it thoroughly before taking any huge step.
But,
Love matter taya me jare

Too many lies and make believe.

I will be careful.
I promise smiley

You both need an open heart discussion, as in lay it on the table discussion and then find out details...i think you should accept his relationship proposal and use a 3months period to see if you can cope with the new life than throw it all away...
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by byemx06(m): 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Abi?

You are right on that.

Although he wanted us to date but I told him I dont do neighbor relationship, Infact street relationship I no do

And maybe he feels, am scared he will dump me after sexxx? Which is one paranoia I have as well. U know how guys are? After sexxx? They move on.
I don't want such to happen to me on the same street. I will just die of shame! God!

So I made it clear to him, no dating.
So he came up with marriage and he said I can ask people around, he's a good man and husband material.

My problem is ikorodu. I can marry a man am not in love with, as long as hes presentable, has a good job, and he cares for me and hes good, loving and faithful, I have no problem. With time I will fall in love. Love is overrated jare

I pray he doesn't take it to heart I said no

If only he had consult me before taking such drastic steps!

It would have been a different story. I would have gladly say yes! And hang my boots on dating, just focus on making my new family work! And also understand him too.

If only he asked for my opinion!

A potential husband slipping off my hands. sad

Cos hes indeed a gentle man.

talk to him If he can relocate to another area that ikorodu is a no go area
with the look of things is like u already in love with him

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
Amarabae:
lols. Her story is fake.
Marriage proposal without dating? No way.

Amara men date without marry oh... If i have an holyspirit led directive...i can take relationship full swing..

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by DonBobes(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
Fear & guilty conscience kills faster dan a bullet.
I was at a place back den where paramilitaries were also involved naso dos mopos de avoid going on any task with me saying " dat oga too de like wahala too much. Me i no go go o." Naso at d end my commander go pick at random. At d end 1 of dem i knew back den na armed robbers kill am. For where he de serve. Ur fears will drop u faster dan u think.
If u love him just marry him n pray

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
The fear of badoo is real. I prefer abj to lag though.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by stuffs4me(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
larryUG:
Ok. Well, saying no to him isn't the ryt thn (since ikorodu is ur main concern). You could have told him ur fears. This same thn u wrote here, u could have discussed it with him and let him know u can't move to ikorodu cos of security and ur biz. He should be reasonable. If after discussing and he is bent on ikorodu, u can decide.

This would have been the best advice if the OP's story was real.

Fake lies by an overage attention seeking spinster.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Oselu28(f): 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2017
to me,your mind is already made up. I wonder why u brought up the issue.........u can't move to ikorodu bcus of badoo(na u badoo dey find?)
have u heard of d saying "d devil u know is better than d angel u dont know"?

I also think ur story is not complete, someone u have not dated is asking for ur hand in marriage, that should be ur major concern not badoo
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
byemx06:

talk to him If he can relocate to another area that ikorodu is a no go area
with the look of things is like u already in love with him

Am not in love with him

Its even over sef

So no need.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
supersystemsng:

Amara men date without marry oh... If i have an holyspirit led directive...i can take relationship full swing..
How? Through dreams?
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by ariklawani(f): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
You don't have feelings for him at all.u can talk it over with him if truly u love him.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nma27:
How? Through dreams?

Not entirely....its difficult to explain
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Kokaine(m): 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

I like him cause of his sense of responsibility

Have not thought about love with him, cos am in the school of thought that one shouldn't date neighbors, cos we dont know if it will end in marriage or breakup as usual.
Thats one.. So inlove? Nope am not but I like him.. Hes a good responsible guy.

Sighs but my fear is ikorodu
With the killings going on there and the terrible traffic to and fro to my buisness, I can't risk both at all

First my biz? It took me 11years to keep it running, stable and successful. If am going to relocate my biz, not anywhere near ikorodu at all!

I can't afford to loose my company for anything in the whole world and I can't afford to move my biz to a location where it wil not prosper.
And ikorodu is too fetish for my liking sad
With oro festivalsa and all

Then thieves abeg.

Where I live is very secured and safe

Am very paranoid about safety.
Due to past experience. Sighs

And on the second hand, I would love to start a family but not at the detriment of my peace of mind.
sad

I just taya.

at least make him know its about the ikhorodu and not about him. that one is changeable
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
supersystemsng:

Not entirely....its difficult to explain
Try na.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by expensiveguyman(m): 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
So in this 21st century people still enter into marriage without dating. your excuse of not accepting his proposal doesn't make any sense to me. if he is your type of man, I advise that you date him for awhile before jumping into marriage
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by geronimoedeh1(m): 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Have not thought about love with him, cos am in the school of thought that one shouldn't date neighbors, cos we dont know if it will end in marriage or breakup as usual.

With the killings going on there and the terrible traffic to and fro to my buisness, I can't risk both at all

First my biz? It took me 11years to keep it running, stable and successful. If am going to relocate my biz, not anywhere near ikorodu at all!

I can't afford to loose my company for anything in the whole world and I can't afford to move my biz to a location where it wil not prosper.

Then thieves abeg.

And on the second hand, I would love to start a family but not at the detriment of my peace of mind.
sad

I just taya.
F

Strange....so you want to drop the potential father of your kids because of the location of his new house ?
Talk true abeg, you no like am reach marriage level....
If not, you won't reject his proposal rather you would have told him to get his money back and relocate to a place more convenient for you, then if he refuses ,you can now back off...house rent is refundable.... personally, this is non issue...
House rent is how much?? It is laughable to cite it as an excuse to distort your future?...dear, i think you are not into him that's why...
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nma27:
Try na.

This topic go take wahala o..i'm sure you're asking for personal reasons...How do i explain o babe
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
supersystemsng:

You both need an open heart discussion, as in lay it on the table discussion and then find out details...i think you should accept his relationship proposal and use a 3months period to see if you can cope with the new life than throw it all away...

I investigated him and I found out his married, he left his 5years old marriage without considering his wife's feelings.

Thats y he choose inside ikorodu, where d wife cannot easily locate him

I was dumbfounded when the results of my investigation started pouring in.
I confronted him, and guess his excuse for leaving his wife?

Cause she couldn't bear him a child in their 5 years of marriage and hes fedup already.

Can u beat that?

Abeg hes filled with so much baggages and am not into married men.
At all!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Donjazzy12(m): 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:
There is this neighbor of mine, hes a bachelor and lives on my street. Few houses from mine. Hes a nice man, has a reasonable job, hes responsible, and good looking in his late 30s. We greet each other, have small talks as friends. I know he likes me due to the way he gists with me, help me with my car like changing tyre if its flat in the wee hours of the morning before he heads to work. Infact hes a concerned neighbor.
But yesterday evening, as I came back from work, my phone was ringing nd I saw his number and picked. He said he would like to discuss something important and delicate. I said ok no probs. I will come over to your place, lemme freshen up first.

So fast forward, I knocked on his door he opened, and smiled nervously, I smiled back. He ushered me to his sitting room. So I was like John, whats up? Whats going on?
He sat close to me and was now going Into long story of how hes planning to move down to a serene area in ikorodu, he has gotten a three bedroom flat, all tiled amd spacious. I was like wow! So u are moving to ikorodu? Are u not scared with badoo and the killings there?

He laughed nervously he said ha! No badoo there again! Ikorodu is now safe. I said seriously? He said yes! And moreover he has already paid for the place.
I said ok o.. I wish u safe relocating then. He said thank you
Then he said but there is one more issue.

I said ok, u want to throw send off party? I was laughing

He said noooo!

Hmm mm, hmmmm, I said what nah? Why hmmm?
Then he knelt down and said alexia weve known each other for quite a while and i can say am comfortable with you around me. And u are exactly what i need in my life.
Pease will u marry me? Will u be my wife? Am ready to go see your people and do all the necessary marriage rites. And towards end of this year, we are married.

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!
Its not that u are good as a husband but sorry I can never live in ikorodu.
Not wit the killings going on there

Am sorry I cant cry

Wow! Pls stand up abeg.. I can't

He felt so bad, I couldnt bear to see the hurt in his eyes. As I stood up, he said wait pls.. I said am coming.

Sighs

Now peeps look at this scenario

I can't jeopardize my life cos of getting married.

Ikorodu for me is a no go area.

Do u guys and ladies feel I was unreasonable sad

I know am not a spring chicken but I can't put my life in danger cry
And even apart from danger? I feel the distance from where hes moving to and where my office @is just too long. Hold up alone eveyday will make me weary and tired

Pls I need reasonable views and replies about this issue

I don't want to feel like am a bad person sad

Pls dont mind my grammatical errors!
There are a lot of naive and foolish guys everywhere these days.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

I investigated him and I found out his married, he left his 5years old marriage without considering his wife's feelings.

Thats y he choose inside ikorodu, where d wife cannot easily locate him

I was dumbfounded when the results of my investigation started pouring in.
I confronted him, and guess his excuse for leaving his wife?

Cause she couldn't bear him a child in their 5 years of marriage and hes fedup already.

Can u beat that?

Abeg hes filled with so much baggages and am not into married men.
At all!

Bad guys keep spoiling good guy be careful o..Tht is how Jumobi used her star for RMD.. grin

You have something he needs you haven't placed a right value on...look inwardly babe

Oloshi lokunrin yen..alaye baje ni
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by StoneColdBiceps(m): 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Then thieves abeg.

sad

I just taya.

Babes, all your listed points are valid. It cant get better than that....

But wait, he should have asked you out all that while so that at least feelings go establish.

Your response is just natural. I cant see any fault.

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by tellwisdom: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
So Nigerian gurls sef dey choose??

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Then thieves abeg.

sad

I just taya.

Then tell him to look for accommodation else where.don't marry him till the Ikorodu house rent expires and he moved out.. U don't have a problem abeg.
Oh he's even a divorcee..free him
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by byemx06(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Am not in love with him
Its even over sef
So no need.
think about it to come across nice guy nw is like looking for a Virgin in a maternity room?

all the best
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by bigpicture001: 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
...for me,location is the least problem in marage..dt shouldn't b a p at all..alk u nid do is if u like him..giv it a sec.thought (not ikirodu thought,) cuz I won't support dat..i mean a thought of marrying him...if u tink he is worth d trial..een he comes again,cus for sure he will..den tell him quietly about d dangers of ikorodu..nd dat u will nvr go there...am sure location of a flat will not influence his choice of a wife. den he would think twice about Wot to do with his tied down rent dia...den u tell him to slow down for the marage stuff now..dt u guyz can start slowly...den u date him..in the process of dating him..throw him all ur I'll attitudes nd let's see how he copes...if he comes ttu ok", then you can go ahead with the marage in anoda location aside ikorodu..puting in.mind locations of biznes es of the two of u...gud luck
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by prettyeyo: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
5am to 9pm everyday, is that One a life And you're still bragging.... Better look for a house around surulere atleast before you die one day from exhaustion, There are very nice estates in surulere. since lekki, ikoyi and vi may not be at your reach.. Dear poster, I feel you Abeg.. make I no lie you... §
amedualiyu:
People are just generalizing ikorodu for Badoo. I live in Ikorodu( agric ) and work in Lekki. I leave by 5am everyday and I won`t be back until pass 9pm.Am not ready to leave this area for anywhere in Lagos except Lekki,Ikoyi & V.I. Badoo guys only operate in the remote area in ikorodu. I don`t expect your assumed fiancé to get Accommodation in such area. Please, ask him the area in ikorodu before you conclude. please, revert back!

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by julietm123: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
Me I don't understand your situation /story. Do you like him? Is it living ikorodu that is the problem or you don't like him?
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by panco: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Security is of God not u

Then thieves abeg.

sad

I just taya.

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
supersystemsng:

Bad guys keep spoiling good guy be careful o..Tht is how Jumobi used her star for RMD.. grin

You have something he needs you haven't placed a right value on...look inwardly babe

Oloshi lokunrin yen..alaye baje ni

Am telling u, I couldn't believe my eyes and I was shocked.

This man can lie for Africa

If u catch him here, he will quickly think of another lie to say.. Hes such a liar.

Thank God, God saved me.. No wonder I wasn't eager to move an inch!
My spirit no gree me

Thank God!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by panco: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Then thieves abeg.

sad

I just taya.

security is of God not by your understanding
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by unqombothi(f): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Then thieves abeg.

sad

I just taya.

Whatever anyone tells you, hear this: you points are valid and you sound reasonable. Since he liked you he could have brought it up earlier so you two can pick a place together. Our men need to stop living in 2017BC. I think you should tell him you like him but Ikorodu is out of it for you. Maybe you two can take it from there if there's anything to take.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Am telling u, I couldn't believe my eyes and I was shocked.

This man can lie for Africa

If u catch him here, he will quickly think of another lie to say.. Hes such a liar.

Thank God, God saved me.. No wonder I wasn't eager to move an inch!
My spirit no gree me

Thank God!

We need to go back to old school. Before we accept proposals we all need to pray about it, investigate, talk to people about it...before saying yes...What was his motive anyway? Maybe you're rich or pretty...He sees something in you o..arewa

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by bignero: 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

I know lefulefu undecided

I will think about it thoroughly before taking any huge step.
But,
Love matter taya me jare

Too many lies and make believe.

I will be careful.
I promise smiley

make him understand your fears about ikorodu...he will feel less hurt

secondly if he really loves you, he will TRY his possible best to see what can be done, as regards the location....not sure if he had much of an option, before choosing ikorodu, na money matter am sure.

personally i cant go and stay in ikorodu for anything,what more a lady...your fears are sound
no body likes stress.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How The Gift I Innocently Got For My Boss's Daughter Got Me Into Trouble / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Secondary School Babe After 15 Years Of Dating / People Still Pick Phone Calls While Cheating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.