Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest (2445 Views)

Which Of These Will Make A Lady Lose Interest In A Man Fast? / I Easily Lose Interest In Guys, Will I Regret This? / 5 Reasons Why Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Relationships And Act Strangely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by kinibigdeal(m): 8:55am On Jul 19, 2017
Here is a situation many women have experienced. You meet a guy and feel the proverbial spark. Numbers are exchanged, flirty texting ensues, and eventually you go on a date…and it’s amazing!

The chemistry is strong, you connect, you have fun. You go out again and it’s another ace in the hole. Now you start to get really excited…could this be it? Maybe you hang out a few more times, but then something changes. Either you notice that he starts to pull away and seems less engaged (commonly known as “the fade away”), or he just vanishes (a phenomenon known as “ghosting”). You feel completely blindsided and shell-shocked.

What went wrong?

Here is why this situation is so confusing for most women. When a girl loses interest in a guy after a few dates, she can usually pinpoint the reason. Maybe he was too desperate, not intellectually stimulating, too quiet, too loud, too boring, too boisterous–she usually knows exactly what it is that turned her off and can give a reason as to why she doesn’t want to continue dating him if asked.

It’s not always like this for guys. A guy can go on a few amazing dates with a girl and find himself suddenly and inexplicably put off by her. Whereas he was previously texting her throughout the day and feeling a strong desire to see her…he now has no desire to contact her whatsoever. This can be as baffling for guys as it is for girls. When asked, many guys will say they don’t know why they were suddenly turned off…they just were.

So why does this happen? Is it really out of the blue without cause or provocation? No, there is a reason. The reason it’s so hard to pinpoint and articulate is because it’s extremely subtle.

During the first few dates with a new guy, your vibe is typically pretty laid-back and easygoing. You want to explore the possibilities with him and see what he’s all about. It starts out light and fun, it’s about connecting and enjoying each other’s company. After a few great dates with a seemingly great guy, most women can’t help but get excited about the possibilities. They think of where the relationship might go and they start to invest in a fantasy future.

Why Do We Do This?

All anyone really wants is to feel OK, and most of us don’t. When a woman worries and needs constant reassurance, it comes from a feeling of, “I am not OK” and the feeling beneath that is fear. What makes it so destructive is that it’s not an overwhelming, gripping fear; it’s a vague feeling of unease. It’s so quiet and subtle you may not even realize it’s there. You know how sometimes you’ll go to take a sip of water and you literally can’t stop chugging? You didn’t even realize you were thirsty, it’s only when you begin to quench the silent thirst that you realize how potent it was.

That’s kind of what’s at play here.At this point, instead of him feeling like he’s connecting with you, he feels like you’re trying to get something out of him. Maybe it’s reassurance or validation, or maybe just more of the feeling of being OK.

Guys don’t know exactly what it is, but suddenly their instincts are telling them to get away. This usually occurs at the point where the woman could no longer keep the act up. Maybe she’s trying to appear cool and go-with-the-flow, but in her mind she’s already thinking of ways to turn a relationship that’s really nothing at this point into something. From that point forward, it’s not easygoing and natural, it’s her measuring if she is getting closer or further from her goal.

You Can’t Force Love

When you take a relationship that is brand new and start thinking that it’s something, or forcing it to be more than it is, it’s game over.This is one of the main differences between men and women when it comes to relationships. Men are more in the moment and are able to comfortably enjoy a situation for what it is as it is. Women are always looking for ways to improve the relationship and push it forward. It’s not that one gender has it right and the other has it wrong. There needs to be a balance between enjoying the present and comfortably laying the foundation for a future. It just can’t be done forcefully.

The best relationships are the ones that unfold organically with two people bringing their best selves to the table and discovering who the other person is and developing an appreciation for that person. It’s not about using the other person to gain status or self-esteem or security. A relationship can give you these things, but that’s a by-product, not the goal.

http://www.anewmode.com/dating-relationships/reason-men-lose-interest/

1 Like

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by taylor88(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2017
wen she suddenly can't get a mere N400 mtn recharge without me

blv she can cheat for it

2 Likes

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Jodha(f): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2017
I don't get the gist...so what's the point now... undecided

I should form hard to get so he'll keep..pushing forward...or I should show I care less.. undecided

The op is confused himself..

4 Likes

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2017
Jodha:

I should form hard to get so he'll keep..pushing forward...or I should show I care less.. undecided

Exactly my mind....no info, no point just a pointless thread

1 Like

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by ImaIma1(f): 11:15am On Jul 19, 2017
I still didn't get the reason why it happens. You did not hit the nail on the head. I think the reason giys suddenly become uninterested is because everything moved too fast and there is nothing to look forward to or tickle his fancy. He os a kind of person that has commitment issues because a long term relationship doesn't have to be exciting at the time.

And people get too critical; male and female. We expect too much from the other person. Our expectations are so high that the person will most likely fall short of all the parameters we have set.
A guy that loses interest quickly for no reason is a red flag. Run!

2 Likes

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Escabado: 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
IF YOU WANT TO KEEP A MAN

1, DON'T ASK HIM FOR MONEY

2, DON'T NAG AT HIM

3, DON'T CHEAT ON HIM

4, RESPECT HIM

5, GIVE HIM SEXX

BUT THE PROBLEM IS NO NIGERIA GIRL CAN DO THIS AND THAT'S WHY MANY OF THEM ARE VALUELESS TO MEN AND THE GIRLS REACH 35 YEARS WITHOUT MARRIAGE. ANY MAN U ARE ASKING FOR MONEY CAN NEVER VALUE YOU .

2 Likes

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
Dump his sorry ass if he lose interest.
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by rottenPussy: 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
Real women don't do men!
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Precial419: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
Escabado:
IF YOU WANT TO KEEP A MAN

1, DON'T ASK HIM FOR MONEY

2, DON'T NAG AT HIM

3, DON'T CHEAT ON HIM

4, RESPECT HIM

5, GIVE HIM SEXX

BUT THE PROBLEM IS NO NIGERIA GIRL CAN DO THIS AND THAT'S WHY MANY OF THEM ARE VALUELESS TO MEN AND THE GIRLS REACH 35 YEARS WITHOUT MARRIAGE. ANY MAN U ARE ASKING FOR MONEY CAN NEVER VALUE YOU .
SO WAT DO U DO TO KEEP A WOMAN.

2 Likes

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Escabado: 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2017
Precial419:

SO WAT DO U DO TO KEEP A WOMAN.

Continue to ask till you get to 35 years without marriage
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Precial419: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
Escabado:

Continue to ask till you get to 35 years without marriage
K no p. But pls can u jux ansa, i ll b so grateful.
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by elkon(m): 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
please what is she really talking about? cos wat I only see from her write up is man run from woman and woman no know WHY WHY WHY.

1 Like

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
ImaIma1:
I still didn't get the reason why it happens. You did not hit the nail on the head. I think the reason giys suddenly become uninterested is because everything moved too fast and there is nothing to look forward to or tickle his fancy. He os a kind of person that has commitment issues because a long term relationship doesn't have to be exciting at the time.

And people get too critical; male and female. We expect too much from the other person. Our expectations are so high that the person will most likely fall short of all the parameters we have set.
A guy that loses interest quickly for no reason is a red flag. Run!

On point!
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Escabado: 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
Precial419:

K no p. But pls can u jux ansa, i ll b so grateful.

A man keeps a woman by loving her unconventionally
Love is not when you turn your boyfriend into atm machine and finish his money
No matter any kind of love I have for a woman , immediately I notice she is very much interested in my money,I will dislike her and kick her out .cos I'm not a bank and I'm not president buhari

2 Likes

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by kinibigdeal(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jodha:

There are some answers that are difficult to comprehend except we think deep. If you can quietly read through again, you will get the message

3 Likes

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by kinibigdeal(m): 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
Rorachy:
Dump his sorry ass if he lose interest.

And you think the fellow you dump him for will be much better. The truth is, the circle continue except you get the message
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by kinibigdeal(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nikita1:
Exactly my mind....no info, no point just a pointless thread

Reading through your comment, its shows you got the message but hurt by the interpretation
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Jodha(f): 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
kinibigdeal:

There are some answers that are difficult to comprehend except we think deep. If you can quietly read through again, you will get the message

Dude calm down...any message yhu think yhu passed across..is just a fiction of yhur imagination...

Yhur post will make zero sense to any sane person...
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by kinibigdeal(m): 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jodha:

Dude calm down...any message yhu think yhu passed across..is just a fiction of yhur imagination...

Yhur post will make zero sense to any sane person...

Hello! Did you actually understood the write up?
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Precial419: 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
Escabado:

A man keeps a woman by loving her unconventionally
Love is not when you turn your boyfriend into atm machine and finish his money
No matter any kind of love I have for a woman , immediately I notice she is very much interested in my money,I will dislike her and kick her out .cos I'm not a bank and I'm not president buhari
But a man can demand for sex anytime n anyhow he wants abi? am nt a cheerful giver n am nt maheeda
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Escabado: 7:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
Precial419:

But a man can demand for sex anytime n anyhow he wants abi? am nt a cheerful giver n am nt maheeda

With this your mentality of sex in exchange for money is the more reason you will get old while waiting for husband to come. Sex is not for sale. Your body is not for sale. Love is not for sale either . You only give your body to a man you truly love, not with the intention of expecting money in return. From the way u chat I can say u are not upto 23 years. Bet me by the time you get to 30 years u will be the one begging me to come have sex wit u for free and no man will come again. The life of a woman is like a flower . Fine in the morning, doll at afternoon and dead at night

1 Like

Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Jodha(f): 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
kinibigdeal:

Hello! Did you actually understood the write up?

Guy you're just running in circles...yhur post doesn't make sense deal with it yoh...
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
kinibigdeal:

Reading through your comment, its shows you got the message but hurt by the interpretation
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If I reply this, I won't stop laughing grin grin grin
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Precial419: 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
Escabado:

With this your mentality of sex in exchange for money is the more reason you will get old while waiting for husband to come. Sex is not for sale. Your body is not for sale. Love is not for sale either . You only give your body to a man you truly love, not with the intention of expecting money in return. From the way u chat I can say u are not upto 23 years. Bet me by the time you get to 30 years u will be the one begging me to come have sex wit u for free and no man will come again. The life of a woman is like a flower . Fine in the morning, doll at afternoon and dead at night
Of course n i ll give him d body wen we r married. Wen normalities bcom adnormalities, abnormalities becom normalities. With ur list, it shows sex is a prequisite of a gud re/ship which is nt supposed to be. Maybe ure d one hu nids a change of mentality.
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by kinibigdeal(m): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jodha:

Guy you're just running in circles...yhur post doesn't make sense deal with it yoh...

That funny. Arent it?
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by kinibigdeal(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nikita1:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If I reply this, I won't stop laughing grin grin grin

But you just didgrin
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
kinibigdeal:

But you just didgrin
please just limme alone angry
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by massive1019(m): 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jodha and kinibigdeal please continue the discussion......don't bore me.
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by kinibigdeal(m): 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nikita1:
please just limme alone angry
Oh my! i won
Re: The Number One Reason Men Suddenly Lose Interest by kinibigdeal(m): 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
massive1019:
Jodha and kinibigdeal please continue the discussion......don't bore me.

Boss! Am out already

(1) (Reply)

What Was I Supposed To Do? Close My Eyes? / Couple Sits On The Ground As Bar-Man Serve Them Beer In Pre-Wedding Photos / ONLY 18+ Adult's Morning Time Sister Feels Miss Boy In Forest Adorable Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.