Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,294 members, 7,839,440 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies (1202 Views)

My Opinion On Broke Guys / DEAR BROKE GUYS! / Ladies: Avoiding Broke Guys Means You Are Also Broke! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
What is hypocrisy?
According to the dictionary hypocrisy is claiming to have a higher standard than is the case.

In recent social discussions, many young ladies often term young men with rude and uncultured behavior as broke guys. They claim that only a broke guy can insult ladies because they have no money. Perhaps, they are justified in trying to defend themselves, but are they justified in terming all rude or uncultured men broke? Can't rich men just be as rude and uncultured?

The Nigerian music industry comes to mind, where most of the slangs used in insulting ladies emerged. A perfect example is the word olosho used in describing promiscuous activities of ladies. Therefore rich men are just as rude. Nonetheless, many young ladies idolize most artist in the music industry because of their money and fame.

Hence, the double standards, why not insult the artist? why do most ladies still idolize the artist because of their money and insult the broke guy for sometimes doing nothing? Why the display Of hypocrisy against the broke guy?
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2017
I swear "don't date a broke guy" is becoming an annoying cliché here. I'm a guy, even I wouldn't date myself if I'm broke. Infact my girlfriend doesn't see me if my account balance is very low (and she doesn't even make outrageous financial demands, anyway)

Because, I know this about me. I make money for me. Not her. I date because I want to explore life with another Human. The love/relationship thing is a scam sef...

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
I still don't get the head and tail of this post

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
skarlett:
I still don't get the head and tail of this post
you don't know what hypocrisy means
You don't know that some women have double standards

Now let me summarize it
Why should rude and uncultured = broke only
When rich is also rude and uncultured
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
sunshineG:
you don't know what hypocrisy means
You don't know that some women have double standards

Now let me summarize it
Why should rude and uncultured = broke
When rich is also rude and uncultured

okay... sad
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by pocohantas(f): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
iamadonis2:
I swear "don't date a broke guy" is becoming an annoying cliché here. I'm a guy, even I wouldn't date myself if I'm broke. Infact my girlfriend doesn't see me if my account balance is very low (and she doesn't even make outrageous financial demands, anyway)

Because, I know this about me. I make money for me. Not her. I date because I want to explore life with another Human. The love/relationship thing is a scam sef...
LOL.
Don't take everything you read here as the standard. On the average, Nigerians measure a man's worth by his finance, and a woman's worth by her moral conduct. So, when it comes to verbal punch, a woman would be quick to call a guy broke, and he wouldn't think twice before calling her olosho.

'broke' guys are in relationships, they are getting married every Saturday to their better halfs. Forget NL sometimes and observe real life happenings... smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by tosyne2much(m): 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
Another wahala... Let's see how this unfolds cool
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by falconey(m): 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2017

Girls that postulate they can't date or marry broke guys are only securing their present and future. Two brokes can't come together. They've already suffered hardship with their parents and won't want to continue with their partner so the call for broke guys' head is necessary.

No rich, comfortable and hardworking lady would call for broke guys' head because a man's wealth mean less to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2017
falconey:

Girls that postulate they can't date or marry broke guys are only securing their present and future. Two broke can't come together. They've already suffered hardship with their parents and won't want to continue with their partner so the call for broke guys' head is necessary.

No rich, comfortable and hardworking lady would call for broke guys' head because a man's wealth mean less to them.
bro look at the Nigerian economy again and tell me how it is possible for those ladies to achieve their aim

I am not against them.trying though
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yes money is not everything but no be love person go chop.
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 20, 2017
Rorachy:
Yes money is not everything but no be love person go chop.
no be so my sister, when I said broke
Nobe say a broke guy no get some money
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by feelgoodInc: 8:01am On Jul 20, 2017
falconey:

Girls that postulate they can't date or marry broke guys are only securing their present and future. Two broke can't come together. They've already suffered hardship with their parents and won't want to continue with their partner so the call for broke guys' head is necessary.

have you ever seen a rich guy marry a poor girl?

the rich only marry the rich.
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by nikkypearl(f): 8:05am On Jul 20, 2017
sunshineG:
bro look at the Nigerian economy again and tell me how it is possible for those ladies to achieve their aim

I am not against them.trying though
don't say that again pls!
despise the economy saga,some ladies are still working hard and earning good money.
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 20, 2017
nikkypearl:
don't say that again pls!
despise the economy saga,some ladies are still working hard and earning good money.
my sis I am so happy you used some and not all
Let us be practical here for a second
Can those some men be enough for girls on nairaland alone not to talk of the whole Nigeria
That was my point

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by robotix: 10:15am On Jul 20, 2017
sunshineG:
What is hypocrisy?
According to the dictionary hypocrisy is claiming to have a higher standard than is the case.

In recent social discussions, many young ladies often term young men with rude and uncultured behavior as broke guys. They claim that only a broke guy can insult ladies because they have no money. Perhaps, they are justified in trying to defend themselves, but are they justified in terming all rude or uncultured men broke? Can't rich men just be as rude and uncultured?

The Nigerian music industry comes to mind, where most of the slangs used in insulting ladies emerged. A perfect example is the word olosho used in describing promiscuous activities of ladies. Therefore rich men are just as rude. Nonetheless, many young ladies idolize most artist in the music industry because of their money and fame.

Hence, the double standards, why not insult the artist? why do most ladies still idolize the artist because of their money and insult the broke guy for sometimes doing nothing? Why the display Of hypocrisy against the broke guy?

Are you broke?
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 20, 2017
robotix:

Are you broke?
my dear far from it
Although I may agree I have a lot of time for the next one months or so

I just want to provoke reactions grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 20, 2017
Op stop whining

"In recent social discussions, many young ladies..."

Didn't know you have travelled the world undecided
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
lovelygurl:
Op stop whining

"In recent social discussions, many young ladies..."

Didn't know you have travelled the world undecided

What do you mean I have traveled the world
I said social discussion, So you mean my Ibadan is not part of the society or nairaland isn't

How is "many" generalizing sis
I have many bottles doesnt mean I have all the bottles in the world
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by RichieDaVinci01(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
This finna be lit
Re: The Hypocrisy Displayed Against Broke Guys By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
RichieDaVinci01:
This finna be lit
I don't get your piont

(1) (Reply)

Get In Here Guys! Lady Flexes Her Muscles For The Gram / Guys When Girls Reject You / Fun Question For Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.