Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? (37099 Views)

What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / HIV+ Woman Hides Her Status From Her Husband Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by mizzytan(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Any amount of money is reasonable before marriage. True love is important before marriage. When their is true love,money won't determine the happiness of the marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by jomboliski(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
thesuave10:
450k monthly
hmmm in this Buhari season

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by chuksjuve(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
contentment

4 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Ihutomi: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Well, this is a serious issues, I think 100k is good to start with, but make sure the girl is working even though she doesn't earn up-to ur amount. All the best bro.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by centoke30(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
30billion for your accant first

2 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
Many peeps success are tied to marriage. Once they marry, favour starts to fall on them from left and right.

10 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by banme1(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
people still de marry? when baby mamas full ground

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by zeedof(m): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
I shouldn't think of getting married then for now. Because I only earn 90plus and 6k goes to pension while my cash out is 84k

Well any bae searching should dm me.
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by fabre4: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
many of you are deceiving yourselves here how many jobs pay 150k and above in Nigeria

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Humility017(m): 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Juliearth:
It largely depends on the location....a monthly income of 100k for instance might not go far in Abuja but can in states like Plateau,Kaduna....however,I belief in humble beginnings-you dont need tarty billion for the akant before you take the bold step,start out small and grow together.
well said....to be honest wit you...how many percent of the unmarried guys current earn 100k in cities like Lagos and Abuja....?
few dear.....few earn that level self....let alone states like taraba and Benue

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by ratioxyz: 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nma27:
Many peeps success are tied to marriage. Once they marry, favour starts to fall on them from left and right.
Give 3 examples only and I might believe. Not hear says o

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by jameshow: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
I have no one am dating presently, if I get a job of 80k today, am getting married latest Feb next year

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Humility017(m): 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
fabre4:
many of you are deceiving yourselves here how many jobs pay 150k and above in Nigeria
God bless you bro....
you see many ladies will be single for a long time
how many guys earn that sum and still unmarried?
you see why guys are avoiding marriage like plague...none want dude receiving less 100k

4 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
ogawisdom:
It depends on your location but anything from 50k upward is a good start n let your wife be productive too.

D impt thing is dt u ve a good wife, d money of a woman shld nt be over emphasised except for lazy dudes. Good wife whether employed or unemployed u r good to go

oga wisdom, you're the one that's said the only realistic and sensible thing since morning.

all you ppl saying 150k jobs, how many jobs pay 150k monthly in Nigeria, how many jobs even pay 100k.

u guys are so unrealistic

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by hayboss: 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
There is no specific or reasonable income that will be enough before or after marriage. The important thing is to know your spouse and know your pocket wella.
If you leverage on a particular amount, you might just wait forever before you finally settle down.
My #onecent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Humility017(m): 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nma27:
you're right dear....
I have seen this for myself
but these should not be reason for rushing into marriage when one is not financially capable...to cater for two.
I currently earn less than #100k and I have learn avoid marriage not until I start receiving more than that.....because many ladies I have meant always frown at my income....
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by bossrillboss: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
100mn to 500mn .Gbam,marriage haf set..
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by lincs25(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Some people are saying 100K, 150k, let me not even mention above the one listed. If you join federal civil service even with your degree is few ministries that will pay you up to 100k. You guys will remain single, I am working in the North, here somebody that is selling water will got married to two women. A jerry can of water is 20n, do you think in a month the person will make up to 20k yet he survive with the two wives.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by sekem: 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
NaijaElba:
[s]Marry now with the little you have. Don't wait to be a millionaire, Have kids early so you can grow
with them. Grow with your kids and succeed with your wife. You will never finish making money or achieving your plans. You might still not succeed at your target year. So start your life early, with consistency you will grow.

My father said this to me: _When i was 25, i was talking about making billions before i marry. Many years later, billions didn't come, yet no kid
no wife... I had an opportunity to marry the most beautiful love of my life very early, But my fear was, can i really take care of her? But right now She's married with Four grown up children. The guy that married her was still schooling then, but had the courage. They worked hard and succeeded together. I failed, so please if you can feed yourself, you can feed your wife. You have to believe it, marry early, don't wait.

Don't make our mistakes, I see my childhood friends play with their kids.. Most of them are not doing as well as me.. But they are happier with their families.. Trust me it isn't money only, but Rather your Maturity, your happiness depends entirely on your wisdom and the way you Handle Life. With a well planned life they are happier.

Trust me it isn't money, What is our problem? Build mansion, buy the latest Car in Town, marry Sharon stone type, but still we don't have those things we dreamt of, and of course the years we wasted, we can never have them neverrrr!!!_

Please don't be 60yrs old and your kids will still be in their 20's..What are you supposed to be at that age? Their grand father. Please young men, take my advice seriously.

Marry, don't be afraid, that girl you are finding too many fault in has many good qualities if you look well.

Don't think you will get every thing before you settle down. God can change your life in a blink, with a good and Focus wife by your side, you will succeed by God grace....Amen

*Ladies, please try and pass this across to Ur boyfriend or fiancé* *Guys please have a re-think and tell other guys about it too... And consider this advice*°°°°°°°°[/s]

My fren' will you keep kwayet dia angry

So because you did not marry the so called love of your life, you now brand yourself a failure abi?

Guys make una no listen to this man o

If you no get enuf money pls pls pls biko, I carry God beg you, no jus near that thing called marriage

If you try am eh, you go hear nwiii

Na only over aged aunties you fit go try am wit but wetin you dey even find go for dat side?

Abeg make una make una money first

That na the only way you go fit control your wife and have a happy home

I don talk my own

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by bossrillboss: 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
I no even get means of income nw self,so no need to thnk nd go towards dat direction nw joor.baba God help ur son soonest oooooo.hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by smartkester(m): 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
seyoops4u:

See What Happened Next When Police Lost Control Of Their Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LIjmtQeBCE
hehehhe..lwkmh grin that dog must be a mad dog or it just finished smoking cocaine. .see the way e glue the dude like superglue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by ORIGENAL(m): 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
WARNING!!! ... . . Don't marry now until.... . . after 29th may 2019.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Humility017:

you're right dear....
I have seen this for myself
but these should not be reason for rushing into marriage when one is not financially capable...to cater for two.
I currently earn less than #100k and I have learn avoid marriage not until I start receiving more than that.....because many ladies I have meant always frown at my income....
Its well. Settle down d moment u see one who is less concerned about your monthly pay aii

2 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
ratioxyz:
Give 3 examples only and I might believe. Not hear says o
E- money hit his first contract on his way after wedding his wife. My uncle, his friend, my neighbor... The list is long...lol

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
I got married with less than 40k as monthly income 5 years ago, now am making over 500k monthly. Am very glad I did not listen to some stupid advice then. Most of my friends who were making a mockery of me then are still single waiting for billions before they get married but the billions still dey far, wife too still dey far. In 2-4 years they will clock 40 still single. All you need is Love and Faith to settle down( The Just Shall Live By Faith)

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Humility017(m): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nma27:
Its well. Settle down d moment u see one who is less concerned about your monthly pay aii
thanks.... I will.
*smiles

2 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by sekem: 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nma27:

Don't make me laff pls

In other words, many peeps should just marry for favours to jam them left right front back and center abi?

So what of us wey no wan marry?

E mean say nothing for us abi? grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by zinaunreal(m): 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
All this people suggesting above 200k.... How many people in Nigeria are making more than 100k sef. Get real. Make your opinions factual bearing in mind the everyday financial struggles of the average Nigerian which is over 80% of the total population.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Obinwanneraphae: 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
like 30 billion in the account is ok for starting
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by humilitypays(m): 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
NaijaElba:
Marry now with the little you have. Don't wait to
be a millionaire, Have kids early so you can grow
with them. Grow with your kids and succeed with
your wife. You will never finish making money or
achieving your plans. You might still not succeed
at your target year. So start your life early, with
consistency you will grow.

My father said this to me: _When i was 25, i was
talking about making billions before i marry.
Many years later, billions didn't come, yet no kid
no wife... I had an opportunity to marry the most beautiful love
of my life very early, But my fear was, can i
really take care of her? But right now She's married with
Four grown up children. The guy that married her
was still schooling then, but had the courage.
They worked hard and succeeded together. I
failed, so please if you can feed yourself, you can
feed your wife. You have to believe it, marry
early, don't wait.

Don't make our mistakes, I see
my childhood friends play with their kids.. Most
of them are not doing as well as me.. But they
are happier with their families..
Trust me it isn't money only, but Rather your Maturity, your
happiness depends entirely on your wisdom and the way you Handle Life. With
a well planned life they are happier.

Trust me it
isn't money, What is our problem? Build mansion, buy the latest Car in Town, marry Sharon stone type, but still we don't have those things we dreamt of,
and of course the years we wasted, we can never have them neverrrr!!!_

Please don't be 60yrs old and your kids will still
be in their 20's..What are you supposed to be at
that age? Their grand father.
Please young men, take my advice seriously.

Marry, don't be afraid, that girl you are finding too many
fault in has many good qualities if you look well.

Don't think you will get every thing before you
settle down. God can change your life in a blink,
with a good and Focus wife by your side, you will succeed
by God grace....Amen

*Ladies, please try and pass this across to Ur boyfriend or fiancé* *Guys please have a re-think and tell other guys about it too... And consider this advice*°°°°°°°°
early marriage has its ups and downs, don't concentrate on the advantages alone....consider the disadvantages too.

And stop the mentality that it is wrong for a man to be 60yrs while his kids are 20...it is not bad. Your message is one of the reasons poverty is widespread in Nigeria and Africa as a whole....look around Nigeria, you see children born without plan for them because their parents just married because they wanted to have kids early without any financial road map to give the kids a good future...we must stop marrying with the belief that miracle will happen....they miracle can still happen when u are single and focused.

Some of our fathers married at 27 - 30 during their days and some gave birth to 10 and above kids...now space the kids with 2yrs, it means some of our dads gave their last children up to 20 - 30yrs and they still look cool. So if a guy plans to give birth to just 2 kids and waits to be financial okay before he settles and finally settles down at 38 - 42yrs, its not bad. Populating the world shouldn't be the sole aim of modern day Nigerian youths but making sure your kids have a beautiful future should be smiley

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by princessayesha(f): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
Tatty Bilyan cool
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Felixalex(m): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nairalander sef, all these people mentioning 250k, 450k how much are u currently earning? (Even those of u who are old enough to get married). In this present Nigeria, how many people earn above 100k montly? Even bankers, how much do they earn? U guys are basically saying Nigerians should not get married at all because there are many people who are stuck with 40k, 50k jobs and don't even have the time to apply for jobs elsewhere because they are being overused at their current place of work and ofcus they feel there's no point trying cus people are getting layed off on a daily basis.....

Marriage and cost of maintaining a family is a relative thing, dependent on factors as location, how many kids u intend to have, etc... Both partners should be earning sth meaningful and if what they are earning isn't reasonable enough, then they should make sure they don't give birth to a dozen children

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of My Marriage / Hubby Mysteriously Disappeared After Meeting Lover In Hotel — Wife / 'No Difference Between Single Mothers And Prostitutes' - Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.