Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? (37111 Views)

What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / HIV+ Woman Hides Her Status From Her Husband Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Ilajeboy(m): 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bisjosh:
grin
Im really enjoying this 9ice "living things" song
Kin sha ti lowo o..
Dancing

The most stupid song I've heard in a long while

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Basseybruce: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
[quote author=NaijaElba post=58730086]Marry now with the little you have. Don't wait to
be a millionaire, Have kids early so you can grow
with them. Grow with your kids and succeed with
your wife. You will never finish making money or
achieving your plans. You might still not succeed
at your target year. So start your life early, with
consistency you will grow.

My father said this to me: _When i was 25, i was
talking about making billions before i marry.
Many years later, billions didn't come, yet no kid
no wife... I had an opportunity to marry the most beautiful love
of my life very early, But my fear was, can i
really take care of her? But right now She's married with
Four grown up children. The guy that married her
was still schooling then, but had the courage.
They worked hard and succeeded together. I
failed. This is WOW! What a brilliant contribution. Most of them writing #450k, #350k, are nt earning 50k monthly. Funny people. No hard feelings. [quote author=NaijaElba post=58730086]Marry now with the little you have. Don't wait to

failed. This is WOW! What a brilliant contribution. Most of them writing #450k, #350k, are nt earning 50k monthly. Funny people. No hard feelings.
[quote author=NaijaElba post=58730086]Marry now with the little you have. Don't wait to

failed. This is WOW! What a brilliant contribution. Most of them writing #450k, #350k, are nt earning 50k monthly. Funny people. No hard feelings.
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by iamrealdeji(m): 11:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Trottle:

Sir, with due respect, you should exercise decorum as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

You don't know his job or advocacy as such, you should not be hasty with your opinion. Direct your questions to the rich men and politicians who probably have not contributed significantly to the the building of Nigeria, even with our collective wealth in their purview.

So because some people are inventing (taking into cognisance constant electricity, good road and government support at their disposal) then you should pick on him? Is he the government or the one in charge of the wealth and affairs of Nigeria? Give Nigerian youth same opportunity, and you would see wonders. Direct your questions to the appropriate quarters.

When has Donald Trump become the "standard"? Probably your own standard of " good" your opinion. Why on earth should you insult his dad? Even if he has 50 children, that's not your concern. Just because Donald Trump is the U.S president and a billionaire, with fame and glitz does not make him better than anyone. His money and influence, his business.

He never expressly that he wants to feed off his children. I kind of agree that nobody should marry just about anybody.

N:B Any guy that can cater for 2 or more mouth, has a shelter, and can fufil the basic life requirement, please get married, it is better in all ramification; even if you are 22!
one well I regret the fact that I over reacted but Nigerians should stick to their own personal opinions. with due respect,you shouldn't say it's better,you should rather say it's better for you. you guys just talk about marriage and act as if divorce doesn't exist. if you divorce,it somehow crumbles the future of your children and you deprived them of having to live with dad and mum and God will purnish you for it. even if you're rich as Bleep and young,one still have to prepare so well and be very mature mentality and tolerant enough before jumping into marriage.what leads to marriage is immaturity of couples because they didn't prepare fully for it and they're not mature mentally. another thing I'm sick of is the way people see marriage in this part of the world like it's a great achievement . people don't even mind their businesses and respect other people 's opinions when it comes to marriage. everybody is entitled to his own opinion. if a girl says she can't marry a broke guy,why are you to question her based on what she believes in,its her choice,if a guy says he wants to marry this or that type of woman and have this or that before marrying,why must you question him based on what you feel is right for you? will you feed his family for him? will you be there whenever his wife gives birth through CS? no,Nigerians will never help you ifvyou need them,they will not be there for you,but when it comes to marriage discussion,they would rush to say this and that to you and it doesn't mean they like you,they just want you to act like them. if anybody chooses not to marry at all,what's your business with it? that's why Oyinbos will always progress,they respect what everybody believes in. I'm not saying people should be very rich before marriage o but we should learn to respect each other's opinion. Isaac Newton never married nor have a child and he is well respected and contributed to human race more than an Alhaji in the north with 70 children

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nedfed(m): 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
Many are just shouting 350k, 250k, 200k, 100k has if dey don't stay/reside in dis country. In dis Burhari period?
Tell me the job you fit do with your Degree or HND and earn such amount monthly?
Except you want to work at Evans Nigeria Limited.
90% of people viewing or run comments on dis thread also applied for 30k N-power programme oooooooo.
Yet dey still forming Paminamolism.
Zoo Nation.

Nedfed's mind

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Gerrard59(m): 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
MevsU:
The funniest thing is that there are guys who earn more than enough and remain unmarried but guys who earn 40k or less jump into marriages hoping things will get better which is not logical.

Don't make yourself poorer by jumping into marriage.

Rampant in third world countries. Everything is hinged on hope and emotions.

P.S. Logic is a rare commodity in this part of the world.
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by bonifieldstun(m): 11:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
Well to me there is no minimum income or what so ever, all i know is u can marry a wife when your money is enough to cater for more than 2 people that is you and anybody else then I can say u can now get married
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by MevsU(m): 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Alikote:
many guys roasting and bringing up kids in terrible low incomes forming happy family

Most are always asking when I will get married.
Logical thinking has been replaced with religious belief, for someone to even think one's success is tied to marriage is appalling.
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
Humility017:

yes my brother....you're very ryt
a friend of mine will be getting married these year ending.... to be honest his pay is just #50k and likewise his finacee income...
but the lady so much believe in him and their future together and she is just in her mid 20s.
I so much cherish and admire that my friend not just because of His glorious future but because he is blessed wit a good and virtuous woman by his side
That's all that matter bro. Getting married to someone that understands you. Even if a man earns 500k per month, a stupid wife will make it seem like he earns nothing

5 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Laralag: 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Gerrard59:

In all honesty, is that the kind of lifestyle you intend living? Tomorrow you'll come complaining when he has 10 children he cannot take ADEQUATE and PROPER care of.

Marriage is not a child's play. Someone accused the present generation of placing money at the top in marriage.

Newsflash: Things are different today. The economy is tough. Standard of living expectations is high. Finance plays a very important role in relationships of the opposite sex.

Yes, one must not be a billionaire before getting married. However, one should have a reasonable amount of resources to live a decent life.

Like how much, for lagos dwellers
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by MevsU(m): 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
iamrealdeji:
one well I regret the fact that I over reacted but Nigerians should stick to their own personal opinions. with due respect,you shouldn't say it's better,you should rather say it's better for you. you guys just talk about marriage and act as if divorce doesn't exist. if you divorce,it somehow crumbles the future of your children and you deprived them of having to live with dad and mum and God will purnish you for it. even if you're rich as Bleep and young,one still have to prepare so well and be very mature mentality and tolerant enough before jumping into marriage.what leads to marriage is immaturity of couples because they didn't prepare fully for it and they're not mature mentally. another thing I'm sick of is the way people see marriage in this part of the world like it's a great achievement . people don't even mind their businesses and respect other people 's opinions when it comes to marriage. everybody is entitled to his own opinion. if a girl says she can't marry a broke guy,why are you to question her based on what she believes in,its her choice,if a guy says he wants to marry this or that type of woman and have this or that before marrying,why must you question him based on what you feel is right for you? will you feed his family for him? will you be there whenever his wife gives birth through CS? no,Nigerians will never help you ifvyou need them,they will not be there for you,but when it comes to marriage discussion,they would rush to say this and that to you and it doesn't mean they like you,they just want you to act like them. if anybody chooses not to marry at all,what's your business with it? that's why Oyinbos will always progress,they respect what everybody believes in. I'm not saying people should be very rich before marriage o but we should learn to respect each other's opinion. Isaac Newton never married nor have a child and he is well respected and contributed to human race more than an Alhaji in the north with 70 children

The achievement part is what baffles me.
Some even think if you are not married, you're irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Gamesmart: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
thesuave10:

Do you call this an advice or a call for pity. Carry this truckload of crap that you call an advice. So my kids must be grown up when I'm 60 OR what? If your billions didn't come Mine will. This is a mediocre advice that I will not accept. Some people pick the wrong methods to making money and start throwing crappy advice. You obviously weren't persistent OR smart enough to make money. You don't chase success my man you attract it. Here's an advice for you if opportunity hasnt knocked on your door yet, build a BIGGER DOOR

Don't mind him.

Complete crap and some are praising him.

People should just marry because "they shouldn't be 60 and their children 20". That is his concern, the ability to raise and support the kids as best as possible is not important, what is important is that the father should not look like their grandfather.

Then in future, his like would turn to prayer to feed his own kids.
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by dumodust(m): 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
iamrealdeji:
I agree totally with you...People now get married so that their children can be 40yrs old when they are 60... incredible. Be prepared before rushing into marriage, many of us come of dysfunctional homes and luckily made it out good. Please prepare well for your kids or dont have any at all... dont subject them to the kind of torture that you didnt even have as a kid. I can marry at 40 and have a 20yr old grand slam champion or rear a Zuckerberg when i hit 60yrs while the 40yr old with a 60yr old parent was raised so shoddily that he cant find his way. Quality over quantity any day.
Make sure you marry a good woman and that you are ready to be a model father. Imagine marrying and your kids get to see you coming home late to beat your wife up in their presence, how will they turn out as adults? We already have enough miscreants in the society, please dont produce more by going into marriage without satisfying the mental, emotional and financial support conditions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by jfleece(m): 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bigsteveg:
I agree totally
thanks bro.
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by philkay(m): 11:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
Laralag:
It is true that there are lots of mature single sisters in our society today, it is also true that there are loads of single men in our society. could it be that men not settling down is the reason most women are still single. Most of the men we dated as undergraduate migth still be single 10years afer leaving school ( I know a lot). Most men I have asked, excuse boils down to money even though they have jobs.
This brings me to my question how much should a man be earning before he should start thinking of marriage all things being equal.

well it depends on each individual tastes and place of residence, if the wife is considerate the income of the husband shouldn't be less than 70k while the wife should be doing something that brings money
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
MevsU:

The achievement part is what baffles me.
Some even think if you are not married, you're irresponsible.

Asin ehn, Even these foreign embassies here in Nigeria will hardly give you Visa if you are not married. Their claim is you are not responsible yet and you might become a nuisance to our country when you eventual travel. So no. We are not giving you Visa cry

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by dumodust(m): 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
truthsayer009:

Asin ehn, Even these foreign embassies here I'm Nigeria will hardly give you Visa if you are not married. Their claim is you are not responsible yet and you might become a nuisance to our country when you eventual travel. So no. We are not giving you Visa cry
Rubbish... just say that you dont have a good paying job or money. Guys dey travel up and down alone
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by blip(f): 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
You can have an income of 450k and it will never be enough depending on the type of woman you marry. I'll simply say marry a lady who knows how to manage your finance well and is not an exorbitant spender.
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
vizkiz:
minimum of 150k monthly
hmmm... To think that I earn just 10 percent of that amount means I have a long way to go embarassed
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
dumodust:

Rubbish... just say that you dont have a good paying job or money. Guys dey travel up and down alone

My brother. Countries diff from countries oh. Dubai and U.S no be the same for Example.
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by dumodust(m): 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
truthsayer009:

My brother. Countries diff from countries oh. Dubai and U.S no be the same for Example.
Bro.., i have travelled well... yes, they try to assess whether you will return, marriage with family in naija is a strong point but at the same time these countries are smart, they want you to come and spend your money in their country, and so if you are gainfully employed and comfortable, no wahala

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Humility017(m): 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's all that matter bro. Getting married to someone that understands you. Even if a man earns 500k per month, a stupid wife will make it seem like he earns nothing
Exactly. ....brother
God help us
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Gerrard59(m): 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
Laralag:

Like how much, for lagos dwellers

Depends on the income level of both partners, standard of living, status, life aspirations etc. Location within Lagos matters too. Both parties must bring something to the table. There's no definite figure.

However, it is important that the marriage should uplift not reduce the living standards of the parties and incoming dependants. It's also important to postpone procreation to two years later. Those years should be used to further increase living standards, emergencies and build up the child's/children's education account (quality education is key especially basic and secondary).

It's also important intending couples procreate children they can ADEQUATELY take PROPER care of.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
dumodust:

Bro.., i have travelled well... yes, they try to assess whether you will return, marriage with family in naija is a strong point but at the same time these countries are smart, they want you to come and spend your money in their country, and so if you are gainfully employed and comfortable, no wahala

No p sha. Let's not derail the thread. I actually have some questions for you tho. Maybe a PM ?
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
smartkester:
hehehhe..lwkmh grin that dog must be a mad dog or it just finished smoking cocaine. .see the way e glue the dude like superglue

The Dog z lucky that tiz some overseas shii...try that in Nigeria...and he will end up in Utom-Ubong Restaurant...no time

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by dumodust(m): 12:08am On Jul 23, 2017
truthsayer009:

No p sha. Let's not derail the thread. I actually have some questions for you tho. Maybe a PM ?
Yeah... pm
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 12:13am On Jul 23, 2017
I hope all these people making a benchmark of 150k as a prerequisite for marriage are from Nigeria sha? A country where an average youth roams around the street without any hope for the future

As for me, I believe that late marriage is the reason why we have high rate of nuisance, rape and all forms of sexual immoralities in the society. And that's why a man in his thirties is still chasing anything on skirt due to misplaced priorities.

I believe in the biblical saying "never despise little beginning", so, there's no general financial standard for every man that wants to marriage because we all have different preferences.

Or are there not people earning as low as 18k per month and their wives aren't starving? So I believe understanding the kind of person you want to marry is all that matters

2 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by cooldood(m): 12:17am On Jul 23, 2017
Currently on #750k monthly, aiming for #1m monthly before the year ends. Then I can start considering marriage. I need to buy my home before marriage (which will happen in few months) and I want to be able to go on vacation every major public holiday to different countries with my babe. However I am cool-headed and mature enough to know that money is key but it's not everything,so I'd continue to keep my feet on the ground while respecting my babe and cherishing her.
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:46am On Jul 23, 2017
truthsayer009:

I rather wait.

What's the point. To marry & give birth and children to suffer? Ordinary kindergarten school fees is ranging from 100k and above in Lagos. Unless its public school you want to send your children?

Getting married doesn't necessarily mean you have to start having kids immediately na.lol
Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by iamrealdeji(m): 12:49am On Jul 23, 2017
thesuave10:

Do you call this an advice or a call for pity. Carry this truckload of crap that you call an advice. So my kids must be grown up when I'm 60 OR what? If your billions didn't come Mine will. This is a mediocre advice that I will not accept. Some people pick the wrong methods to making money and start throwing crappy advice. You obviously weren't persistent OR smart enough to make money. You don't chase success my man you attract it. Here's an advice for you if opportunity hasnt knocked on your door yet, build a BIGGER DOOR
don't mind the idiot,he is looking for kids to reap off when he turns 60. typical African mentality and poor mentality,thinking your children are your investments. wickedness,thinking you must get something in return and get high percentage of their salaries for sending them to school

2 Likes

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by iamrealdeji(m): 12:52am On Jul 23, 2017
dumodust:

I agree totally with you...People now get married so that their children can be 40yrs old when they are 60... incredible. Be prepared before rushing into marriage, many of us come of dysfunctional homes and luckily made it out good. Please prepare well for your kids or dont have any at all... dont subject them to the kind of torture that you didnt even have as a kid. I can marry at 40 and have a 20yr old grand slam champion or rear a Zuckerberg when i hit 60yrs while the 40yr old with a 60yr old parent was raised so shoddily that he cant find his way. Quality over quantity any day.
Make sure you marry a good woman and that you are ready to be a model father. Imagine marrying and your kids get to see you coming home late to beat your wife up in their presence, how will they turn out as adults? We already have enough miscreants in the society, please dont produce more by going into marriage without satisfying the mental, emotional and financial support conditions
best comment I've read today,you really nailed it

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by AreaFada2: 12:57am On Jul 23, 2017
nice thread.

1 Like

Re: How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 23, 2017
MevsU:

Most are always asking when I will get married.
Logical thinking has been replaced with religious belief, for someone to even think one's success is tied to marriage is appalling.
some time i wonder why god created me an African our reasoning software is wack

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hubby Mysteriously Disappeared After Meeting Lover In Hotel — Wife / I Am Tired Of My Marriage / 'No Difference Between Single Mothers And Prostitutes' - Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.