Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl (64933 Views)

Guys Have You Ever Been Loved By A Girl Whom You Don't Spend On? / "I Got Pregnant From A One Night Stand At Age 16... And This Happened..." (Pix) / "Allow Your Husband Marry His Girlfriend & Have Sex Together" - Linda Uju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by jahguide2268(m): 6:45am On Jul 23, 2017
My guy, ganja is calling u 2 create nd build ur guts. U wil b surprised
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by CosmicJames(m): 6:46am On Jul 23, 2017
alienhumam:
I need help am tired of been single
First, work on your mindset. Your problem is in the state of your mind. Change the way you see and think about girls from negative to positive.
Take it a bit further and visualize yourself having a girlfriend and actually feel as if you're in the real life. This way, your mentality and mindset will gradually adjust to the new behavior and activities you now want to have and experience.

You are the only one that can help yourself and if you fail to change the situation, you can be sure that it will continue till marriage and you won't be able to marry.

Your fear is normal. Infact, everybody is afraid of something. But the people who succeed are those who handles their fears with courage.
So handle your fear of rejection with courage.

The courage to put the fear aside and talk to a girl! If you can't express your feelings to a girl, then how will you be able to marry in the near future?

The fear of rejection is the beginning of failure.

Just stop. Stop being afraid of rejection if a girl you approach say no.
Know that you are a man and it is your right to express your feelings to a girl in this part of the world.

Practically, all the girls we approach can't say yes . I mean it's not normal if all the girls we approach says yes.
So accept rejection as a normal part of the process.

1 Like

Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by FrankGiel: 6:51am On Jul 23, 2017
alienhumam:
I spent four years in the university without a girlfriend, because am afraid to approach girls. I don't want to be rejected. people gossip about me that am gay. because am always in company of guys. even my male friends are even accusing me of been gay, which I know am not. The even joke with me with jokes like
I can't sleep in one bed with you and so on.

Now what I need is advice from Nairalanders on how I can get a girlfriend that can love me. Because very soon I will be going to national youth service. am depressed because of my situation I need help.
I guess u fall into the category of the very shy guys..u tend to want the girls to be the one to approach, and when they approach u are often too nice that they instead see you as a platonic friend than someone they can actually love.. U might have the 'fear of rejection'.. This fear of rejection is largely due to lack of self confidence. Perhaps u think u aren't as handsome enough as other guys etc... What i advise most guys in this situation to do, is to learn under a friend that's really open to female.. Learn their mannerism, learn how they chat with the opposite sex. In some occasions as u are chatting, let them advise u on what to say.. U will have failures and u would have successes.. Build on the successes.. Very soon ur confidence will be boosted.. U can send a pm if u wish

1 Like

Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Dotwillis1(m): 6:51am On Jul 23, 2017
davidif:

Dude be secure in who you are and in your masculinity. 24 is not 70 you still have a long life ahead of you. Don't let people's opinions of you force you into making a rash decision. Don't be deceived by people's opinions about who tgey think you are just be confident about yourself. And no you don't need s girl to validate who you are.
This is like saying a girl who has never had a boyfriend is gay. It's just dumb.

MASLOW's THEORY OF NEEDS

Biological and Physiological needs - air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep.

2. Safety needs - protection from elements, security, order, law, limits, stability, freedom from fear.

3. Love and belongingness needs - friendship, intimacy, trust and acceptance, receiving and giving affection and love. [/b]Affiliating, being part of a group (family, friends, work).

4. Esteem needs - achievement, mastery, independence, status, dominance, prestige, self-respect, respect from others.

5. Self-Actualization needs - realizing personal potential, self-fulfillment, seeking personal growth and peak experiences

[b]
One must satisfy lower level deficit needs before progressing on to meet higher level growth needs. When a deficit need has been satisfied it will go away, and our activities become habitually directed towards meeting the next set of needs that we have yet to satisfy. These then become our salient needs.

However growth needs continue to be felt and may even become stronger once they have been engaged. Once these growth needs have been reasonably satisfied, one may be able to reach the highest level called self-actualization.

Every person is capable and has the desire to move up the hierarchy toward a level of self-actualization. Unfortunately, progress is often disrupted by a failure to meet lower level needs. Life experiences including divorce and loss of a job may cause an individual to fluctuate between levels of the hierarchy.

alienhumam op is lacking the 3rd needs obviously...this is the age for him to achieve that so he can move upward the stage

1 Like

Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Shollay20(m): 6:55am On Jul 23, 2017
am in your shoe before, what I did is so simple, tell your best friend that you need a girlfriend, he will do everything for you...
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by MisterKings(m): 7:02am On Jul 23, 2017
24sqm:
My friend, if you know what's good for you... don't have a girlfriend.. it's a set up and you'll end up regretting it.. try and develop yourself to be a better person... girls will come begging sooner or later.

Bros thats not always the case o. Haven't you seen or heard of a wealthy single man.
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by franco3075q(m): 7:02am On Jul 23, 2017
HEY BRO, THANK GOD FOR UR LIFE
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by MisterKings(m): 7:03am On Jul 23, 2017
alienhumam:
I spent four years in the university without a girlfriend, because am afraid to approach girls. I don't want to be rejected. people gossip about me that am gay. because am always in company of guys. even my male friends are even accusing me of been gay, which I know am not. The even joke with me with jokes like

Now what I need is advice from Nairalanders on how I can get a girlfriend that can love me. Because very soon I will be going to national youth service. am depressed because of my situation I need help.

Now op listen. Now you are getting into service. Keep ur eyes peeled and ur mind open to the possibility of seeing a lady.
Despite the fact that you are shy. There will surely be someone who will like u. Unless you are the one dulling the parole or running away like a chicken.

Look well there is a lady who will give you green light. You will know. Now when this happens get her number and chat her up on whatsapp cos you will be shy to speak face to face.

From there lets know how its going.

P. S learn to dress well girls like that.

Join a church thats the easiest place to find one they dey full for choir

Ignore your guys calling you gay, even gay dey get babe ask bobrisky
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by spenca: 7:04am On Jul 23, 2017
So far you been straffing no issues
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 23, 2017
Maybe you didn't read what I said. Attention seeker grin I'm comfortable now. I work on the island,i have a decent job that allows me to meet people I never dreamt of. Job has taken me outside naija few times, so if u claim I let my self down,either you didn't read or you want to be like this morons here who wants to "shine" to insult people. Don't try it with me.

I only gave the man advice I think it's best for him. He should focus, that shouldn't be hard for you as well,besides it's not compulsory.

So coming to advise me when you haven't advised yourself, even the bible made it clear that you remove the log from your eyes, before you want to take out from someone else's eye. No be by force to day single,but don't come here later to change moniker and ask for help when you didn't do what should be done a long time ago.

Look next door for someone else to help with this kind of advise. You are an example of the nairalanders who doesnt know what they doing i was talking about earlier.

DavidTheGeek:

grin grin

I feel you bro..

but...

I have one problem with you!

That you had a bitter experience does not mean every other case will be bitter.

We've heard cases of even secondary school sweethearts getting married.

So please don't use your own to discourage up coming brothers grin Besides if you had moved on to another girl after that girl left you, you might have met a lady that would make you advice guys to find a lady asap.

Meaning, you had a bitter experience and you allowed it put you down. Instead of you to pick yourself up and find someone else.

1 Like

Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by amosyanyan(m): 7:08am On Jul 23, 2017
24sqm:
My friend, if you know what's good for you... don't have a girlfriend.. it's a set up and you'll end up regretting it.. try and develop yourself to be a better person... girls will come begging sooner or later.
Bro God bless you I used to be a Virgin until 2015 I couldn't walk up to a girl myself and ever since then my life has changed for bad thing has not been going well with me and it's all caused by friends they forced me into it damn I really have a story to tell too
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Sunmolar(m): 7:09am On Jul 23, 2017
24sqm:

I hope he take heeds to your advice
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by CosmicJames(m): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2017
gimakon:
My honest and very sincere advice to you is, you don't need a gf to be a man, some idiots here would say what am I saying, but am standing my ground. I'm 29 and yes,i should be thinking of settling down, but truly I'm not really thinking of bringing in a liability now into my life until I think im ready for that.

Think about it this way, you have a gf, you give her money and sex, and your time, now you give - you're the person contributing what exactly is she giving back? Nyash? Or what exactly? You would work your life out to look good get money and spend on her and the day you don't have it, watch her going to make another man king behind your back. I'm telling you from a very bitter experience I had dating someone I thought was reasonable, instead what she did was awesome,she cheated, times after time I got her,what she did was to connive with her friends to come to my house to seduce me to make it look like I cheated also.. so many bad things and to the extent she got pregnant for another guy and decided to marry him.
This is someone I was staking my neck for, got her admission into university, did so many things for her, yet she says I wasn't mature enough for her and went ahead to get pregnant for another guy - I wonder how a mature guy behaves after trying to be good to his girl again.

Last year she came to my house, passed the night. Her friend day ask me if we made love. So you see she was pregnant before she came to my house. It means she didn't even trust the guy who got her pregnant - first of!

Some idiots here would call me names, mugu nd what not,but am proud of myself, I became a settled guy at an early age,only few shake ups again, grace of God, - it's normalised now.

She still clicks "like " on Facebook when she sees my new success I earn a five -zero salary, I live alone now,few times I go to my parents. Her friends ask me for money like always now. It's always do this, do that, one even went to the extent of telling me her father was sick that she needed money, I hope the man won't be sick sha,considering the kain swear she day use hand swear give the man.

Some times I smile, why because when Karma decides to act, the story grin not only her will tell, them fit day sweet now,but relax no one who pays evil for good goes free. It's even in proverbs in the bible.

So ma dear,learn from my own experience, what you need now,yea is focus and not a girl. Believe me,when you get it, the smell of success will locate the right person. Nyash no be everything. Naija girls no follow , fuck_ them, if you get lucky, and throw them away.
Guess what? Without having the girl as your girlfriend, how will be wise in this regard and know all this? Same thing applies to the guy in question. Let him get a girlfriend even if it means having no intercourse. It will help him to understand how the female folks behaves and do things to some extent.

He must not continue to be an alien to humanity

1 Like

Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Sall(m): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2017
harriet412:
Let's see ur picture..undecided
Do you want him .
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Sunmolar(m): 7:11am On Jul 23, 2017
harriet412:
how will the picture help us?
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 23, 2017
CosmicJames:

Guess what? Without having the girl as your girlfriend, how will be wise in this regard and know all this? Same thing applies to the guy in question. Let him get a girlfriend even if it means having no intercourse. It will help him to understand how the female folks behaves and do things to some extent.

He must not continue to be an alien to humanity

I'm not blocking him from having a gf or what not oga. I said it's an advice, it's not compulsory. I've been down the line,and I know how it feels to waste time, my case 7 solid years was wasted just like that, I only said so cos I care.
It's not compulsory o, don't quote me wrongly.
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by krushdripper(m): 7:16am On Jul 23, 2017
alienhumam:
I spent four years in the university without roach girls. I don't want to be rejected. people gossip about me that am gay. of guys. even my male friends are even accusing me of been gay, which I know am not.

Now what I need is advice from Because very soon I will be going to national youth service. am depressed because of my situation I need help.
Don't be depressed cos you've never had a girl, they're not worth it, go for your service, work hard and get that money, then you'll be asking us how do you tell a girl off. As an aspiring young man, most girls of your age that you'll like to date don't mean well for you, yes and that's the truth, females are envious and jealous creatures and very self centered too. It's better to just be platonic friends with them, that way you get to know the way they are n understand them,then you can approach them with minimal fear of being turned down,even if they turn you down sef..
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Raintaker(m): 7:17am On Jul 23, 2017
E GBA MI Girlfriend na Trophy? Children of nowadays.
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 23, 2017
@Op , you only have one problem that cuts across all facet of your life. Lack of interpersonal skills. You a kinda of an introvert who only roll with those you are comfortable with.
You are intelligent and could miggle with girls and have them at your beck and call if only you are ready to let go of your perfectionist tendencies.

You hate failure but you easily forget that failure is success in a different kind of way. Let it make you more courageous. If you are rejected and perhaps insulted , will heaven fall? Nope ! It won't.
Always remember this " Perfectionism is fear in really good shoes" which amounts to failure, cos thou are afraid, you will rather not try.

Let's play a game, when you get to camp, for those weeks you will be camping, you will surely come across different types and manners of girls.
Make it a duty to make at least 2 female friends a day. Just greetings, talk about all and everything of mutual interest except love and r relationship. Listen to them and only talk when the need arises.
By doing this, you are building your confidence around the opposite sex.
Once you get comfortable, take it to the next level of actually walking up to a girl and telling her how you feel. But be careful so you don't become clingy.
Practice catch and release, and master it. Don't ask for sex and don't accept sex at this stage. A kiss, hug or peck will suffice.
The danger is this if you become clingy, you will give the lady opportunity to take advantage of you and you might regret it on the long run.
Catch and release but don't let go if you feel something strong for her. Make them fight over you and value you more than you value them.
This will enable you make an informed decision on who to date eventually and control this desperate altitude of yours, so you don't end you in marriage against your wish.
Wishing you the very best

3 Likes

Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Lloydfather(m): 7:22am On Jul 23, 2017
alienhumam:

Don't bother on how to get a girl friend, focus on ur nysc, after nysc pursue ur career, when u get success women will queue to have u,

About ur friends, don't be depress about what they think of u nor try to prove to them that u are not gay, they are part of the elements devil want to use to destroy u. With time they will realize whom u are.

Pls don't bow to any pressure its not how many girl friend u get will makes u a man,
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by CosmicJames(m): 7:23am On Jul 23, 2017
gimakon:

I'm not blocking him from having a gf or what not oga. I said it's an advice, it's not compulsory. I've been down the line,and I know how it feels to waste time, my case 7 solid years was wasted just like that, I only said so cos I care.
It's not compulsory o, don't quote me wrongly.
I'm not quoting you wrongly nither do I say is compulsory. I just feel that OP needs the experience too.

I also have my share of the waste on girlfriend. Very bitter, but makes me better and wiser now.
No girl can waste my resources again never!
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by dljbd1(m): 7:26am On Jul 23, 2017
24sqm:
totally agree
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by pedrilo: 7:34am On Jul 23, 2017
alienhumam:
my guy I know that if am successful girls will come, but for now I need someone I can share my problems with and someone who will clear this believe from people that am gay. am not gay I rather die than to be a gay.
u want a naija girl to come n share ur problems with u? U r wasting ur time bro! I graduated @21 from uni n by 24 I was already a millionaire, im 29 now, but i wont bother to tell u my worth so u dnt feel im attacking u or intimidated, but i want to knw one tin, How much r u worth @24 bro?
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by zoomman(m): 7:34am On Jul 23, 2017
What's your Academic status? Have you started applying for jobs? Don't wait till after your nysc...start now. That should be ur major priority. Not the other way round. Having girlfriend now is not even close...you better wise up....and stop following crowds..
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Kingharzyz(m): 7:35am On Jul 23, 2017
alienhumam:
I need help am tired of been single

I was just like you until my family moved to Lagos island in the 90's, dudes in that area are overexposed I learned all the tricks from them at a point I'd girls that I was even getting tired, we challenged ourselves that we must have girlfriend in every axis on the island like marina,upper Campos,lafiaji okepopo, itafaji..
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by ugofab: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2017
stay strong and kill that womano-phopic instinct in you.start from being friendly with girls.just make em your friends.I don't know you but I can guess closely that you have a low self esteem syndrome.you are scared of rejection. no matter how bad you perceive ur self to be,there is always a woman dying to have you.rule your world!

1 Like

Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2017
alienhumam:

Since you had no gehfriend all through university you ought to have made 1st class, if @24 you don't know how to approach chics then you need to get high like constantly.
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by FunkyAlhaji2015: 7:40am On Jul 23, 2017
Epositive:
you are alien-to-human o oga! sad
He is not, take your childish comment elsewhere. Someone share a genuine challenge and all you can do is be sarcastic?
Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by 25thJOE(m): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2017
Don't be fooled by the mainstream stereotype of having a girlfriend, the world is full of shallow and cheap girls, your goal and future is too expensive to give them attention. Be grateful that you made it out of university because you're heading somewhere greater, get a good job if you can, work on improving your skill,createwealth and improve the life of people around you, get a house, be kind and become established in the society.
Someday and unexpectedly the right woman will fall in love with you.Smart women are rare, they don't look at swag and big boy money in a guy but a promising future and good character. The goal is not to look for a girlfriend but an understanding life partner that you will fall in love with.

1 Like

Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by zubydave(m): 7:44am On Jul 23, 2017
First do people consider you ugly? If that's the case, don't let that get to you because most so called fine boys date mumu ugly girls(but no ones ugly sha). You being shy comes natural, its just that some niggaz break free from it at a very young age(all those bad boys wet play mama and papa with girls wen dem small). Back to the issue of not having a girlfriend, bros before I go further; its a good thing you're a virgin till this age o, because you are clean spiritually, 99% disease free(std) and you've got special attention when u talk to God. About the girls, like someone said earlier , if you go to camp; at least that will be a new ground for you to practice what you learn here, try to partake in games with guys and babes like volley ball, drama and d rest even if you cannot play or perform,just be there. If u partake, your problem is half-solved because girls would start up conversations with you before you know it. Take it up from there but don't be a mumu to everything they say o; be a man, air your opinions about things, get their opinions too. If you are not a partaker of d sport or play, baba speak up always at things you see or feel, turn to any babe around you and ask for her own opinion too. Before you know it talk don start. Try to be funny too by making jest of some military-otundo relationships. If all DAT do not happen, when you newly assigned a platoon, on your first day, talk about how difficult d drills and routines are and trust me one girl will relate with u on that- take it up from there by asking her name and school, don forget to say your name. I don tire to write self. Bros the bottom line is be vocal, natural with girls when you see d one you like. How do you relate with guys when you first see them? Oga same thing with babes o, its just a little more drama as some carry forming for head( d name they call themselves "slay queen"wink. I wounder who form that mumu name self.
Peace bro.

2 Likes

Re: At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 23, 2017
harriet412:

OP,admirer and a potential gf is here, make ur choice or come down to unilag and buy a girlfriend...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The Ugly Side Of Being An Extremely Beautiful Lady (true Life Experience) / 10 Things Ladies Check In Men Before Marrying Them / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Man And His Plus-Sized Fiancee Got Nigerians Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.