Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days (24383 Views)

Atiku/Buhari: When You Lose Don't Go To Court, Go Home, Apostle Suleman / How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / Six Destructive Trends Happening In The Church These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by pyx: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2017
Always learn to appreciate other people's view of life, nothing like silly reasons. Religion and worship is base on personal conviction. How has going to church reduce crime rate and atrocities in our society? I could choose not to go to church is nobody's business, even if I will go to hell fire will you accompany me?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Godhand1(m): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2017
Yes you said it

Lordcenturion2:
We africans just need to abandoned this religion things and develop our countries and continent like China and Asia,how long are we going wait for some gods to come make it like a paradise, we can't just continue like this, it has to stop,people around the world are mocking us, calling our continent a dark continent, they are the one that puts this plague on us yet they are rejecting us, mocking us,our great great great grandparents lives their lives nicely before the colonial master and religions came,we just need to focus on how to develop our nations,white people or any gods can't come and develop it for us,for how long we are going to do this?, especially my country. Unhmmmm, we are aging and this thing remains the same, even getting worst everyday. Let think. What is the essence of worshipping when there is no improvement in our nation. Honestly I still don't know the reason why people are still going to the places of worship. All continents has been developed, people are developing their continents only Africa are left behind, Let think.

Well called our country/continent a zoo and hell, yet we are the one that makes it like that, not the land itself or weather, In far distant future if am still alive and incase things get worst than this, am gonna say "I said my own"
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:
do people still attend church in 2017??

Same question going through my mind o

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by gabe: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2017
Or maybe they r just tired of pastors lying n hustling them every sunday...
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by shenaxy: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2017
holatin:
mine is not silly reason.

my pastor wife a very busty woman with a slutty fashion sense. ow you go wear transparent singlet under your unbutton coat abi na suit.

immediately I see those chest, the spirit of God leave me instantly and the devil take place.

no wan make you read on nairaland one day.
youth rape pastor wife in lagos

Change church na....
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by EmperorShizzy: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2017
lol
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Ogbuefi20(m): 9:56am On Jul 23, 2017
lovelygurl:

Is that forbidden?
[quote author=Calismart post=58740918]I have observed that some people no longer go to church these days due to one silly reason or the other.

Sundays are for rest,yes but you must keep this day holy by going to church and abstaining from certain works.

According to my observation,these are some reasons why people don't go to Church on Sundays these days.

1.They Don't Have Offering Money

It is so right that you should give offering when you go to church but because there is no money on you should not stop you from going.

People has formed the habit of staying at home especially on days of donations or project sundays.This is not good at all.
Endeavour to go to church even if you don't have any money for offering or donations.

2. They Don't Have Any New Clothes

This mostly applies to the ladies.
Ladies don't pick offence here but i am talking based on what i am seeing.

What happened to the ones you have?
Put them on and go to Church,for it is not a place of beauty pageant.
You are going there to worship your God and not to showcase your clothes and fashion.

I remember a novel i read in secondary school 'Without A Silver Spoon'.
The boy,though i have forgotten his name,had no clothes for Church so he wore his School white and shorts to church on sundays.

The pastor or reverend won't chase you out for not wearing new clothes.

3. A Little Rainfall

I must admit it,i am a victim of this.
Just like this morning.It was raining.My brother was preparing for church but i was just in bed wondering whether to join him or no .
I later did and before i knew it the rain stopped.

I remember our reverend saying one day that if you don't come to Church because of rain,it means you didn't want to come.

You can get an umbrella or if the rainfall is not what an umbrella can handle,make sure you attend another service session that day.

4. Church Is In The Mind
This one annoys me the most.

Some people will say its not a must to go to church every sunday.When you ask them why,they tell you that Church is in the mind.

They always claim to be better than those that sleep in the Church everyday.

4. Midnight Calls And Browsing.

Some people will just stay up throughout the night making calls and browsing but when its time to go to church in the morning,they can't get up again.

There is God o.

You can add yours.

What we have now is no more church but house of money, 10000 naira is no more enough for me on a Sunday service because before you know what is happening the pastor will gamble away all the money in your pocket and you will go back empty handed
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Observer225: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2017
onyenze123:
Hot morning s*x
Guy u need Jesus
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by zionmade(m): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2017
Lordcenturion2:

Mr man, type "China" on Google and see how many people are religious, religions is the last thing in Chinese people's life, go and enlighten yourself Bro,I know that you are fighting for your pocket to gain more followers, but please can you tell me the reason why u are going to church exactly?, please tell me apart from serving your god, giv me more reasons
China? That has 5 recognized religion?
Asia? Saudi Arabia? North Korea? Qatar? Israel? Wat is this one talking about exactly? Asia is synonymous with religion. It's even better in Africa where u have religious freedom, go to Saudi or Iran and make this ur comment that religion is the reason for backwardness and see if ur head won't go off in 24hrs

Fighting for my pocket? I don't do all those poo. why I go to church? Is it the reason Nigeria or Africa is not moving forward?
I guess u are a bit confused. Before u try to claim wisdom, do a little research so as not to disgrace urself in public
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by holatin(m): 10:07am On Jul 23, 2017
shenaxy:
Change church na....
I can't don't ask the reason

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Calismart(m): 10:12am On Jul 23, 2017
iamtardey:
Reason nah Reason Ogbeni
grin lol dont kill me ni o
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Calismart(m): 10:21am On Jul 23, 2017
dionysus7:
if i go to church today to pray that this coming week, i want to get at least one employment letter from all the organizations i've sent applications to, and say i got at least one letter like i prayed for, believe me you would see me in church the following week to pray for something else seeing that the good lord above is living up to his expectation of omnipotent and the likes. But the prayer wasn't answered, probably it wasnt the right time for me because even though he is omnipotent, he couldnt have made it work for me anyways, so, the prayer wasnt answered. Now imagine this trend going on week in week out...i wouldnt be motivated to go to church i dont know if you (OP) would. The reasons you mentioned even though silly are just so people dont come off blasphemous so they dont appear to be politically incorrect. People are just beginning to realize prayer fixes nothing, you want sh!t done, you get off your @ss and do something about it other than just wasting valuable time appealing to someone who is probably on an eternal nap

Dear prayer works.
Its not only when you go to church on sunday to pray that God will answer.
You can pray about it even on your bed.

Ammend your ways if they are not ok,pray sincerely to God and believe.
prayer changes things
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Ibukzy: 10:31am On Jul 23, 2017
We are tired of listening to the same sermon every sunday

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Lordcenturion2(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2017
zionmade:

China? That has 5 recognized religion?
Asia? Saudi Arabia? North Korea? Qatar? Israel? Wat is this one talking about exactly? Asia is synonymous with religion. It's even better in Africa where u have religious freedom, go to Saudi or Iran and make this ur comment that religion is the reason for backwardness and see if ur head won't go off in 24hrs

Fighting for my pocket? I don't do all those poo. why I go to church? Is it the reason Nigeria or Africa is not moving forward?
I guess u are a bit confused. Before u try to claim wisdom, do a little research so as not to disgrace urself in public

You have nothing tangible to say, just shut up and don't quote me again
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Calismart(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2017
dionysus7:
if i go to church today to pray that this coming week, i want to get at least one employment letter from all the organizations i've sent applications to, and say i got at least one letter like i prayed for, believe me you would see me in church the following week to pray for something else seeing that the good lord above is living up to his expectation of omnipotent and the likes. But the prayer wasn't answered, probably it wasnt the right time for me because even though he is omnipotent, he couldnt have made it work for me anyways, so, the prayer wasnt answered. Now imagine this trend going on week in week out...i wouldnt be motivated to go to church i dont know if you (OP) would. The reasons you mentioned even though silly are just so people dont come off blasphemous so they dont appear to be politically incorrect. People are just beginning to realize prayer fixes nothing, you want sh!t done, you get off your @ss and do something about it other than just wasting valuable time appealing to someone who is probably on an eternal nap

If you are a Christian you wouldnt say this.So i doubt if you are.My Observation tho.

God is not sleeping.God is alive.

And its a wrong mindset to just keep asking and asking God to do one or two things for you.
After he does it,you ask and ask again.

If you have a friend that keeps asking and asking without appreciating or even giving you,what would you do.

Sometimes we just need to drop asking and asking and do just praising,worshipping and adoring

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by zionmade(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2017
Lordcenturion2:

You have nothing tangible to say, just shut up and don't quote me again
U re welcome bro. for those who don't understand that is his way of saying I bow. My one kobo advice, don't make it a habit of duplicating people's opinion do ur own research.

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Trybes(m): 10:43am On Jul 23, 2017
Guilty of 5 and 4 until I found a church that start service 11am.
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Calismart(m): 10:49am On Jul 23, 2017
helinues:
So op na church u dey wey u dey post this?

Na as i come back from church i just write am.
5.30am mass

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Quality20(m): 10:51am On Jul 23, 2017
one other reason some people don't go to church is because of politics and instigation of the followers by pastors as is being done by pastor Suleiman wherein he was urging followers to kill Fulani people
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Calismart(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2017
friday2011:
OP, abeg na for church u dey, dey type ur post or what, I dey refer to ur no. 3 point oooo, u say d rain dey shawa, and d tin no wan allow u go Church, but d tin don stop and u dey church, meaning na for church u dey, dey send dis ur post, u for just sidown for house naa, cos I wonder how wetin pastor dey preach go take enter ur head.

It's well with you.
Na when i reach house i just am.It doesnt take time.
I shared on my blog and then nairaland.
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by skedy1(m): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2017
cardinalstar091:
pls how can post a news here on nairaland
Death on arrival.

Rip lingua franca
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Calismart(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2017
PotatoSalad:
I have offering money.
I have plenty of New clothes
it didn't rain this morning.
I browsed till 2:30am, woke up early though.
thing is, Mind is willing but the body is weak. 4 weeks in 042, i don't even know where the church is.
Lord have mercy.
My spiritual life is like London bridge.. it's falling, falling down.

Come make i pray for you. lol
God's power fall on you
cheesy
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by skyman200(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2017
church doesn't matter,some evil men do use Church to cover up their evil deeds so to be righteous is better than going to Church.
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by naturefellow(m): 11:33am On Jul 23, 2017
Tochux1:
STRESS STRESS STRESS... MODERN DAY LIFE IS FILLED WITH A WHOLE LOTTA STRESS... STRESS STRESS STRESS... MODERN DAY LIFE IS FILLED WITH A WHOLE LOTTA STRESS... STRESS STRESS STRESS... MODERN DAY LIFE IS FILLED WITH A WHOLE LOTTA STRESS...
you get time!
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by KinzyeWriter(m): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2017
indoorscholar:

Jews go to synagogue on Sabbath(Saturday) not Sunday
grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 23, 2017
Calismart:

On sunday morning too?

Yes, Sunday is a rest day
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2017
DDeliverer:

Fear God.

Love your God and love your neighborhood as your love yourself. God is not a tyrant. After all, he made sex
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2017
Ifeanyi4491:
Saturday Night League

with extra time and penalties
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2017
Observer225:
Guy u need Jesus

I need Jesus, Allah, Budda, Zeus and all the other +5000 Gods to be on my side
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by luckingto50: 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
Agreed with 3 nd 5.
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by thorrvik55(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
dionysus7:

I pity you.
May God have mercy on you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy / N8m Cash Gift To Clem Ohameze, Reason Mathias Ezeaku Went After Fufeyin / Atheism Is A Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.