Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,408 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days (24384 Views)

Atiku/Buhari: When You Lose Don't Go To Court, Go Home, Apostle Suleman / How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / Six Destructive Trends Happening In The Church These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by ajepako(f): 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I'm not going to church today because ajepako was here with me all through the night and she is still here by my side asking for more

Werey salaro... tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Ohanaka295: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
zionmade:

Sometimes people like u think they just said something wise not knowing its pure foolishness.
China and Asia u mentioned are way the most religious people on earth, so if religious is the reason for backwardness, Asia should be the least developed continent on earth.
Contrary to Wat dummies who think they have a modicum of wisdom would say: religion is never the reason for the backwardnesz in Africa, rather its selfishness, greed and in Nigeria particularly its bigotry, greed and hatred

False. Please do your research well.
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Teophilus96(m): 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
Calismart:
I have observed that some people no longer go to church these days due to one silly reason or the other.

Sundays are for rest,yes but you must keep this day holy by going to church and abstaining from certain works.

According to my observation,these are some reasons why people don't go to Church on Sundays these days.

1.They Don't Have Offering Money

It is so right that you should give offering when you go to church but because there is no money on you should not stop you from going.

People has formed the habit of staying at home especially on days of donations or project sundays.This is not good at all.
Endeavour to go to church even if you don't have any money for offering or donations.

2. They Don't Have Any New Clothes

This mostly applies to the ladies.
Ladies don't pick offence here but i am talking based on what i am seeing.

What happened to the ones you have?
Put them on and go to Church,for it is not a place of beauty pageant.
You are going there to worship your God and not to showcase your clothes and fashion.

I remember a novel i read in secondary school 'Without A Silver Spoon'.
The boy,though i have forgotten his name,had no clothes for Church so he wore his School white and shorts to church on sundays.

The pastor or reverend won't chase you out for not wearing new clothes.

3. A Little Rainfall

I must admit it,i am a victim of this.
Just like this morning.It was raining.My brother was preparing for church but i was just in bed wondering whether to join him or no .
I later did and before i knew it the rain stopped.

I remember our reverend saying one day that if you don't come to Church because of rain,it means you didn't want to come.

You can get an umbrella or if the rainfall is not what an umbrella can handle,make sure you attend another service session that day.

4. Church Is In The Mind
This one annoys me the most.

Some people will say its not a must to go to church every sunday.When you ask them why,they tell you that Church is in the mind.

They always claim to be better than those that sleep in the Church everyday.

4. Midnight Calls And Browsing.

Some people will just stay up throughout the night making calls and browsing but when its time to go to church in the )morning,they can't get up again.

There is God o.

You can add yours.

From>>http://www.storiesmagic.com/2017/07/5-silly-reasons-why-some-people-dont-go.html?m=1

Your statement on that No 4i (Church is in the mind )is what I call
Rubbish!
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Calismart(m): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
Teophilus96:

Your statement on that No 4i (Church is in the mind )is what I call Rubbish!
Me too o. Its not my statement.Its what they normally say
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Teophilus96(m): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
Calismart:
Me too o. Its not my statement.Its what they normally say

You shouldn't say it annoys you. Who are you to tell whether it is proper to go to church or not?
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
I Just Found Out That Going To Church Every Sunday Is Something That Even Jesus Did Not Do. kiss

So @Op, Wi You Keep Quiet
Does Jesus go Church on Sunday even a single day?
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Perelo(m): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
Things have really changed now.. people don't longer go to church because of how ordinary men run to hit sing on wood. and make a ministry just to extract Money from members, or is it for the fact that u go to church and all d preacher keeps preaching is about prosperity, fame, more money, as Christians we should be more interested in heavenly things not earthly things... You can imagine Big pastors buying Private jets, Building mansions, Buying of estates, Buying Exotic cars, knowing fully well that you have members who hardly eat 2square meals a day, Back then Rich pastors only ride bicycle.. now most pastors even richer that Ministers..
Happy Sunday to Nairaland fams..

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by richmondefosa(m): 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
[b][/b]
Calismart:
I have observed that some people no longer go to church these days due to one silly reason or the other.

Sundays are for rest,yes but you must keep this day holy by going to church and abstaining from certain works.

According to my observation,these are some reasons why people don't go to Church on Sundays these days.

1.They Don't Have Offering Money

It is so right that you should give offering when you go to church but because there is no money on you should not stop you from going.

People has formed the habit of staying at home especially on days of donations or project sundays.This is not good at all.
Endeavour to go to church even if you don't have any money for offering or donations.

2. They Don't Have Any New Clothes

This mostly applies to the ladies.
Ladies don't pick offence here but i am talking based on what i am seeing.

What happened to the ones you have?
Put them on and go to Church,for it is not a place of beauty pageant.
You are going there to worship your God and not to showcase your clothes and fashion.

I remember a novel i read in secondary school 'Without A Silver Spoon'.
The boy,though i have forgotten his name,had no clothes for Church so he wore his School white and shorts to church on sundays.

The pastor or reverend won't chase you out for not wearing new clothes.

3. A Little Rainfall

I must admit it,i am a victim of this.
Just like this morning.It was raining.My brother was preparing for church but i was just in bed wondering whether to join him or no .
I later did and before i knew it the rain stopped.

I remember our reverend saying one day that if you don't come to Church because of rain,it means you didn't want to come.

You can get an umbrella or if the rainfall is not what an umbrella can handle,make sure you attend another service session that day.

4. Church Is In The Mind
This one annoys me the most.

Some people will say its not a must to go to church every sunday.When you ask them why,they tell you that Church is in the mind.

They always claim to be better than those that sleep in the Church everyday.

4. Midnight Calls And Browsing.

Some people will just stay up throughout the night making calls and browsing but when its time to go to church in the morning,they can't get up again.

There is God o.

You can add yours.

From>>http://www.storiesmagic.com/2017/07/5-silly-reasons-why-some-people-dont-go.html?m=1

All I see is grammatical blunders. angry
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by sonmvayina(m): 1:14pm On Jul 23, 2017
Observer225:
Guy u need Jesus

For a three some? Well, I will do him last..but I would have preferred Mary magdalene..
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by plus7(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by PotatoSalad(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Calismart:
Come make i pray for you. lol God's power fall on you cheesy
grin
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Gkemz: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
Frankly speaking, If u dont have money for offering, beta stay at home to avoid public disgrace particularly during project launching. Secondly, another tangible reason u shud refrain from going to church is rainfall so as to avoid getting soaked with water or falling inside a gutter or water drainage.
I wouldn't want to lose anyone because s/he fell inside a drainage while returning from church after a heavy downpour when water must have settled and formed a great flood.

Beside these reasons, you have no excuse for missing church service.
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by rexben(m): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
Why should people go to church in the first place
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by salford1: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
I live in a city in North America, and I just tried searching on google for a rccg church close to my house since i cant remember how to get there.. i attended the particular church some months ago. seems other redeem churches now pay google adverts to push there own churches to the top of the list even though they are far away; hence i cant even find the church i am searching for. i dont understand this mad rush for congregation. This to me is a big turn off.
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by darlenese(f): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
those are not silly reasons. if u dnt have clothes u won't be happy to go to church # fact. only those who have been there will understand

offering these days is a big issue, in those days the offering is one off, and the offering bag is usually brought to your seat, but these days u have to walk down to the altar to present your offering and sometimes this could be more than 3 times. imagine the entire church leaving u behind to give offering, not once but a whole three times, shame nor go kill u?
Abeg let's be sincere not all the reasons u wrote up there are actually silly
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2017
HOW ABOUT MY BOYFRIEND /GIRLFRIEND ISN'T COMING?
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Ifexabc: 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
We have about 7 continents in this world.. Pls correct me if am wrong.. African is the most Religious.. and yet I keep asking mysef.. how has religion helped us.. the truth is pple are blinded by religion and that's y we are still backwards.. we hear nd see pple praying for things ur common sense can easily solve.. pple hoping nd praying for job they aren't qualified for.. nd if they dnt get employed they'l claim one of their family is responsible for their downfall.. Seriously I belief religion is way too over rated in this part of the world nd it's killing us.. I have stoped going to church because d pple am supposed to worship with a proverty driven nd they've lost d true purpose of religion.. Religion is meant t guide us moraly nd mayb spiritual bt nowaday pple go to church for miracles.. but come to think of it.. How has religion helped Nigeria?
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by rexben(m): 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
salford1:
I live in a city in North America, and I just tried searching on google for a rccg church close to my house since i cant remember how to get there.. i attended the particular church some months ago. seems other redeem churches now pay google adverts to push there own churches to the top of the list even though they are far away; hence i cant even find the church i am searching for. i dont understand this mad rush for congregation. This to me is a big turn off.
Sorry, bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy / N8m Cash Gift To Clem Ohameze, Reason Mathias Ezeaku Went After Fufeyin / Atheism Is A Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.