Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? (26904 Views)

What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? / I Told My Female Friend That I Found Who To Marry And She's Now Angry With Me. / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by Richiest(m): 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
MediumStout:
Most people abuse the word love out of context. Many equate sexual attractions and infatuation/obsession for love. 80% of people using the word love don't even love one another. Love is never a prerequisite for a long lasting marriage. Tolerance, communication and understanding is the key to marital success. The reason why marriages don't last these days is because the foundation is built on physical/material attractions of both partners and wrongly termed love. Love is not enough

Tonto dike and her husband once littered the Internet with various post proffessing love for one another when the infatuation and lust between them was at the early stage. Fast forward to this date, we all know how it ended. Where has the love for her king kong suddenly gone to after a year of marriage

U just nailed it bros mi
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
Rorachy:
Marry the person you love. I must marry for love if not I won't tolerate my partner.
if you love the person and the person can only tolerate you or not love you at all. As a woman, you are better off to marry someone who really love you based on the qualities he has seen in you. Otherwise as a woman loving a man can cost you a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by castins(m): 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
nzeobi:
marry someone with the qualities you desire and let the love develop, love alone is not just enough for marriage.
well said.
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by toastedbread: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
adajoe555:

why are you *coughing* come and marry me you don't want to hear

cool shocked grin
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by OTEGA1: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
Marry how u love oh very important no use our four fathers that married up to 4wives.They just selected a woman and marry cos dry had options to choose from and sere was competition among the ladies to show him love..
Our generation has changed.. Wen a lady has waited for one she love to marry and deer is delay she can marry any man available to save time and tell u love who u marry.....

Many eND up regretting thinking love can be built...
Over time... Things don't work day way.....
Many ladies in relationships are not in love but waiting for opportunity....

Marry
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
Juliearth:
Love is overrated...it takes morethan love to make a relationship/marriage work.

Brilliant, my friend.

1 Like

Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by fatymore(f): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
truthsayer009:

LMAO, do people even marry their friends? Friends never cross the friendzone my sister. Last time i checked Women aren't wired to loved their friends.
yes

You never get tired of each other
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by tomdon(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
Benita27:
Nothing will make me marry someone I don't love with the hopes of growing in love in the future.

Marry whom you love.

Mcheew
Make someone even love you ist
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by Dnockeror333(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
elantraceey:
Marry someone you know possesses qualities you admire and you're attracted to, love will blossom anytime.

To marry because of quality, temporal quality, vain beuty, is merciless, running after temporal wind!

Marry in good faith, someone whom you know in your deep heart and spirit would not beat you to the game of heart! Do not marry because of beuty nor quality for this are vain and does not talk of the beuty nor ugliness of the heart.

1 Like

Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by remi1444: 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
seunny4lif:

I have been to friendzone before and it's the worst position ever.
She will come home and tell about diff guys hitting on her.
God forbid
Thanks tho.. Buh am sorry I can't be more than friends with you. I wantu cry, this is sum1 I am dying for.
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by seunny4lif(m): 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
remi1444:
Thanks tho.. Buh am sorry I can't be more than friends with you. I wantu cry, this is sum1 I am dying for.
You don't have a choice than to be a man and walk away.
It's painful but only for a while
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by remi1444: 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
seunny4lif:

You don't have a choice than to be a man and walk away.
It's painful but only for a while
like to cut ties with her, turning casual frd ni?
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by seunny4lif(m): 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
remi1444:
like to ties with her, turning casual frd ni?
I no fit talk again ooooh
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by tete7000(m): 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
MediumStout:
Most people abuse the word love out of context. Many equate sexual attractions and infatuation/obsession for love. 80% of people using the word love don't even love one another. Love is never a prerequisite for a long lasting marriage. Tolerance, communication and understanding is the key to marital success. The reason why marriages don't last these days is because the foundation is built on physical/material attractions of both partners and wrongly termed love. Love is not enough

Tonto dike and her husband once littered the Internet with various post proffessing love for one another when the infatuation and lust between them was at the early stage. Fast forward to this date, we all know how it ended. Where has the love for her king kong suddenly gone to after a year of marriage

You said people don't understand love and do not go into a relation for love but physical attraction,yet you still conclude that love is not enough for marriage.

The fact is like you first highlighted, many only use the word love loosely without understanding its meaning. Secondly love is enough for marriage and every marriage must indeed be built upon the foundation of true love to succeed. Tolerance, mutual understanding, mutual respect, communication and other ingredients needed to make a marriage work are all components of true and godly love.

Tonto Dike and her likes never understood love and marriage of such people cannot be used to judge what is true love. If they ever both had the love they claimed they have for themselves, even after marriage collapse they would have dessisted from writing or saying those trash they wrote about themselves in the media. They were simply strange bedfellows who got together riding on the back of infatuation.

1 Like

Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by MediumStout(m): 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2017
[s]
tete7000:

You said people don't understand love and do not go into a relation for love but physical attraction,yet you still conclude that love is not enough for marriage.

The fact is like you first highlighted, many only use the word love loosely without understanding its meaning. Secondly love is enough for marriage and every marriage must indeed be built upon the foundation of true love to succeed. Tolerance, mutual understanding, mutual respect, communication and other ingredients needed to make a marriage work are all components of true and godly love.

Tonto Dike and her likes never understood love and marriage of such people cannot be used to judge what is true love. If they ever both had the love they claimed they have for themselves, even after marriage collapse they would have dessisted from writing or saying those trash they wrote about themselves in the media. They were simply strange bedfellows who got together riding on the back of infatuation.
[/s]

Biafra will never come
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by Tex42(m): 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
marrying someone u love is enough work already,why marry someone u don't love?

in as much as marrying someone u don't love and subsequently growing in love is not impossible, I wouldn't want to push ma luck ...the thought of it scares the hell out of me cos I have seen a lot of couples who were in love grow apart to the point of hate...what chance do couples who were ab-initio not in love stand?

marriage no be friendship o! it requires much more than love o!

2 Likes

Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
tete7000:

Thank you. Many confused people that contradict themselves. How can you say you respect someone more than you love or say that you choose compatibility and qualities over love when love is the foundation it's just like saying you can live in new York but not in America. Thats contradictory! Love is the foundation. True love encompasses all as written in 1st Cor 13:1-end. True love never fails. Thats because God is love and he faileth not. How can you put God as the head and say love is not enough when God himself is love. Pls forget all these celebrities that post pictures around. It will be silly for anyone to even use their relationships as examples.

1 Like

Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
Marry the person that has the qualities you desire in a partner. I'm not married yet but if I'm to marry tomorrow I will like to marry someone devoted to God's work, truthful and faithful. Someone that will stand by me and be supportive. I told a friend to join my WhatsApp group, she said No, I can't marry such person, this is someone I gladly run to her house and buy her things when she fell sick. Marriage is not a joke, marriage is not meant for just a person it's meant for two hearts that have come to love, stay and stand by each other no matter what may.
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by phillipsadeojo(m): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
One of the best post and comments have seen on Nairaland. Grow in Love is a nice. Love may fade off and that's the end of d marriage.
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by UgojiC(m): 12:15am On Jul 24, 2017
BleSSedMee:
Marrying for love is great! But love is not always enough for a long lasting marriage.

I'd say marry someone you would have unwavering respect for no matter what.

Thus respect is the main ingredient of a good marriage. Then comes love, commitment. And the rest.

Not forgetting the overall, putting God in the center of your relationship/marriage is the sure route to its success.

Well said, Speaking from experience
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by maazi99: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2017
Wants to get up to 5000 likes on all your Facebook posts - Photos, status or videos? You don't need to tag 100 friends to beg them do that for you.

For those who want to be Facebook popular. You don't need to blow on nobody's wall to get free likes back. You have got the power to that even when nobody wants to like your status.

It is FREE, Tested but it all depends on You!

http://www.chuksguide.com/2017/07/get-5000-likes-facebook-posts.html
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by maazi99: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2017
ok
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by nopretense: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2017
remi1444:
marry the one you love, I wish this my Edo state crush can push me from friendzone.
U still dey settle fr friend zone fr dis generation?
U nid to understand dat u will get her if she's meant for u. Otherwise, move on. We av too many ladies in d world fr watever sake
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by olowobaba10: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2017
WHAT IS LOVE
Amberon11:
Lol...all those saying love is not enough obviously don't know what love is. If you both have true love for each other, that alone will bring compatibility and every other thing.

But I don't want love tho. I like it unrequited wink

Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by AlfaAce(m): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2017
beautifulrosa:
When i met my man i didnt feel any love for him. Not even the "tiniest feeling". Infact i was always looking for a way to stop talking to him. His prescence alone annoyed me. Oh he didnt get anything right! His speech was not right, his dressing and even the way he ate annoyed me. cheesy.

But he was my kind of man. He was tall, dark, handsome and well educated jus d way i wanted, yet i cudnt bring myself to love him.

One day i decided to jus pretend and give him a chance.....that was when i knew he was God sent. My eyes were open and i could see how really blessed i was to have a man like him.

Several months after i dunno how it happened but trust me, now i am crazily in love with him (though he is not aware wink). Every day i give thanks to God for blessing me with such a man.

Its not always easy to marry someone you dont love at first thinking the love will grow with time. It doesnt mean the relationship will not last. Neither does loving someone at first sight guarantee a fulfiling relationship.

But with my experience, growing in love is better and long lasting.
That to me is a ridiculous bet I will never take.
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by AlfaAce(m): 9:49am On Jul 24, 2017
Tex42:
marrying someone u love is enough work already,why marry someone u don't love?

in as much as marrying someone u don't love and subsequently growing in love is not impossible, I wouldn't want to push ma luck ...the thought of it scares the hell out of me cos I have seen a lot of couples who were in love grow apart to the point of hate...what chance do couples who were ab-initio not in love stand?

marriage no be friendship o! it requires much more than love o!

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by WOruGunu(m): 11:32am On Jul 24, 2017
Marry ur best friend and u will sure end up having a lovely home.

Love fades wit respect to time but wen u back it up wit genuine friendship u still stand a chance of lasting.

And finally it takes God's intervention to build a happy home.

Not very happy anymore but wit Gods grace am holding up. Pls wen u find that best friend don't let go
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by remi1444: 11:44am On Jul 24, 2017
nopretense:

U still dey settle fr friend zone fr dis generation?
U nid to understand dat u will get her if she's meant for u. Otherwise, move on. We av too many ladies in d world fr watever sake
boss, I took the bold step, I moved on,by so doing it guarantee my peace

1 Like

Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by nopretense: 4:23am On Jul 25, 2017
remi1444:
boss, I took the bold step, I moved on,by so doing it guarantee my peace
Yeah, man
Na d way forward....
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by sirmseen(m): 12:25am On Jan 24, 2018
I believe you should marry someone you love.
Re: Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? by okgerald(m): 12:41am On Jan 24, 2018
I believe you should marry someone you love. I married someone I don't love. She doesn't even have the qualities I want. Big tummy bug laps. Everything she does never make sense to me. I am losing my mind. I cannot stand it anymore. Worst of, it's in America where women are too powerful. I am looking for a way out. I always find fault in whatever she does.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage / Man Disappears Over Wife’s Third Set Of Twins / Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.