Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (693838 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lammydamsel: 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
Bitte, use uni. Some folks have gone for their interview with an admission letter from Studienkolleg, only for the consulate to mail them day/s after that they should mail them the admission letter from the university.

ibnkokumo:
Guys, I'll be attending Studienkolleg, and I have two admission letter, one from the Uni, the other from the Studienkolleg (the two work together), during Interview at the embassy, which would be the focus? main course from Uni??

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Cynate(f): 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hello
Please is there any course in Germany with English for Bsc degree?
Schools that don't require German
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2017
If the passport is older than 5 years, then no worries.

You will not be rejected cos of primary school certificate.

Goodluck grin
Blackanada:

Please boss give your input.

1. Can my old passport serve as my biographically old document?

2. Will I be rejected if I don't have primary school certificate. Is it a necessity?
And if, so can the fact that I'm funded by German government help?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
No one can help you without knowing your profile. Meanwhile use www.daad.de, go to International Programme and filter English Taught Bachelors.
Cynate:
Hello
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Cynate(f): 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2017
donkafor:
No one can help you without knowing your profile. Meanwhile use www.daad.de, go to International Programme and filter English Taught Bachelors.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
donkafor:
If the passport is older than 5 years, then no worries.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

@bolded: my worry is that if I use my old passport as the biographically old document, they might misunderstand why I submitted photocopies of 2 different passports (both old and new one).

Once again, thanks for your response. #Appreciated
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
Samiey:
Hello People.
I need advice.. I passed out from secondary school 2015...i have been trying Nigerian universities,precisely Unilorin(medicine ),but luck hasn't been on my side. This year's admission into a Nigerian university is very slim for me. Thinking of going to Goethe or any private language German school, so that I will apply for winter 2018....
My question is taking jamb again or going to the lang school or a private uni here in Nigeria (which I can't afford) ...i really want to go to Germany guys

MY ADVICE grin grin grin

In order to study in Germany for undergraduate, you need to attend a studienkolleg course because Germany requires 13 years of education and we, as Nigerians, have only 12. Studienkolleg is like the 13th year. This course is generally for 1 year.

In the T-Kurs, they are taught Maths, Physics, Computer science, Chemistry and, most importantly, German.

You learn all these subjects completely in German and at the end of one year, you take an exam known as the Feststellungsprüfung(FSP). If and when you pass, you then apply to the university of your choice. Keep in mind, clearing the FSP doesn't mean that you're automatically admitted to the university. You have to apply again.

The general rule is that there is one studienkolleg for every state. Every University in that state is related to that particular Studienkolleg.

Requirements for admission- B1/B2 depending on the university is a must.

Now for the Studienkolleg, there is also an entrance test known as the Aufnahmeprüfung. It comprises of German and Maths. You need to clear this entrance test to attend the studienkolleg.

All in all, LANGUAGE > APPLICATION to the studienkolleg for the entrance test > clear the AUFNAHMEPRÜFUNG > study at the STUDIENKOLLEG for 1 YEAR > clear the FESTSTELLUNGSPRÜFUNG > Apply to the UNIVERSITY for Bachelor's will take more than 3 years.

Best route is to National Open University of Nigeria. Study there for one year and use their year one transcript and apply to MEDICAL RELATED COURSES.

MEDICINE IN DEUTSCHLAND NO BE BEANS O

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2017
If you have library card, course registration form, vaccination card, local government registration etc older than 5 years,
you can add it. Submit all docs available to you.
Blackanada:

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

@bolded: my worry is that if I use my old passport as the biographically old document, they might misunderstand why I submitted photocopies of 2 different passports (both old and new one).

Once again, thanks for your response. #Appreciated

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 10:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
donkafor:
If you have library card, course registration form, vaccination card, local government registration etc older than 5 years,

Thanks for the feedback. You na just like superhero for here ooo.
Strictly helping, not inquiring. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
YSPON:
thank you very much Immafrank, blakanada and dailydolar. I was able to get a date in December. Time to start gathering my documents. Much love guys.

Glad I could be of help.

If I may ask, what are you going for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 12:06am On Dec 12, 2017
1. Should the visa application form ideally be filled by pen or computer?

2. It asks how I will be accommodated, but I'm yet to secure an accommodation, so which should I select? (see image below)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 12, 2017
Blackanada:

2. It asks how I will be accommodated, but I'm yet to secure an accommodation, so which should I select? (see image below)

I think you should choose the first one. You will probably live in a single room right?

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 12:08am On Dec 12, 2017
Any can serve. Computer preferred

Chose single room.

Blackanada:

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Adetunjionafuwa: 5:44am On Dec 12, 2017
Hallo guys.

Bitte, do I have to make photocopies of all my documents?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chrisb2r200: 6:54am On Dec 12, 2017
Hello all na canada push me come here...am a graduate of pharmacology I wish to do my masters but have not been able to get that from the daad website...does anyone have an idea of a free school I can apply to, secondly can I apply to business administration? I consulted an agent yesterday, so she said anyone can do business administration how true is that ...thanks our Oga dem as u reply and help a almost FRUSTRATED friend
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dayjeee(m): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2017
chrisb2r200:
Hello all na canada push me come here...am a graduate of pharmacology I wish to do my masters but have not been able to get that from the daad website...does anyone have an idea of a free school I can apply to, secondly can I apply to business administration? I consulted an agent yesterday, so she said anyone can do business administration how true is that ...thanks our Oga dem as u reply and help a almost FRUSTRATED friend
That's not right, else you want to the the executive, that is MBA
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Vickglam: 7:29am On Dec 12, 2017
Hmmm,dear nairalanders,I have a question I hope I can get some info here... Actually my wife is going to do her masters in a German university is it possible to join her with our children for the duration of the program?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 12, 2017
Vickglam:
Hmmm,dear nairalanders,I have a question I hope I can get some info here... Actually my wife is going to do her masters in a German university is it possible to join her with our children for the duration of the program?

No, there's what we call family reunion, but she has to have the requirements before she can apply for your children. She has to be in Germany to do that
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Vickglam: 8:02am On Dec 12, 2017
[OK, thanks, pls what are the requirements that she will have to fulfill to be able to bring the kids
quote author=Jigba post=63204247]

No, there's what we call family reunion, but she has to have the requirements before she can apply for your children. She has to be in Germany to do that[/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Vickglam:
[OK, thanks, pls what are the requirements that she will have to fulfill to be able to bring the kids
quote author=Jigba post=63204247]

No, there's what we call family reunion, but she has to have the requirements before she can apply for your children. She has to be in Germany to do that

She has to have the finance without depending on the government and live in a place that can be able to accommodate the children

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2017
Jigba:
@Jigba

I'd like to make some inquiries from you with respect to studying at the studienkolleg, BSc in Germany and learning the language.

Split between my little sister going to Germany vs Canada. Wanna get some clarity on the German part.

Will send you a PM.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2017
Dankeschon, I have the two, it can't even be separated, the Uni works with the Studienkolleg
Lammydamsel:
Bitte, use uni. Some folks have gone for their interview with an admission letter from Studienkolleg, only for the consulate to mail them day/s after that they should mail them the admission letter from the university.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2017
Bros, must any of this document have my picture on it?
donkafor:
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2017
Please where can I get waec card and prepaid courier envelope
And can someone send a sample of motivation letter

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 9:54am On Dec 12, 2017
www.4ward.ng for scratch card, look up Google for motivation letter samples
trojrobert:
Please where can I get waec card and prepaid courier envelope
And can someone send a sample of motivation letter

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 10:09am On Dec 12, 2017
No, your full name is sufficient.
ibnkokumo:
Bros, must any of this document have my picture on it?

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by joshuaarmani2: 11:54am On Dec 12, 2017
Blackanada:

It's very straight forward.
Just click the below link and follow instructions. If you meet any hassles you can quote me here and I'd try to help out.

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_categoryList.do?locationCode=lago&realmId=347

Sir, thanks so much for the link. I was able to get a booking for 6th Feb. Thanks again.

But.....

I discovered that the mail I was sent was purely in German. Though I find my way around it using Google Translate. There's also the small matter of the not requesting my account opening form et al. Is this normal?

Was asked to print the mail and bring it to the interview... I'm thinking they're referring to the German written booking appointment mail... Is that correct?

I'd be glad if you can shed more light on this and any other booking appointment info you feel we should get!

Thanks for being your brother's keeper.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
Blackanada:

Bro, I hail.
Are you in Saarbrücken? I recently got admission to study at Saarland University. Would love to communicate with you.
Gonna send you a PM

heyy bro,
congrats on your admission! feel free to pm me whenever...though i dont live there but i come around there usually when i've got stuffs to take care of cool
best wishes to y'all

#CHEERS!! smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
Cynate:
Hello

hello
sure there are...what course in particular?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dayjeee(m): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2017
Pls who can tell me the format for CV
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Fantastic2m(m): 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dayjeee(m): 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
some should pls help me with CV format o. I am applying to hertie school of governance

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.