Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (693774 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chrisb2r200: 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2017
dayjeee:
That's not right, else you want to the the executive, that is MBA
Bro please can you explain a little further. Do u mean i can do MBA after studying pharmacology here in 9ja
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dayjeee(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
chrisb2r200:

Bro please can you explain a little further. Do u mean i can do MBA after studying pharmacology here in 9ja
MBA is an executive masters program, and its for those who are into professional management. You must have a certain number of years of professional work experience before you can apply and its different from Masters in Business Business Admin. Dont really know much about it. The ogas in the forum, abeg help a brother out
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by empressonassis(f): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
cry cryVery correct!! Please guys on this forum, if you have not received your admission letter or you haven't applied yet please I beg of you, do not book an appointment date yet PLEASE. MY COURSE START DATE IS IN FEBRUARY!! Being trying to book since last night, but all the dates are unavailable from now till February. I am so heart broken right now.
Lalaski001:

This is not about dulling or being smart. If you see a date that you know you can honor, please go ahead and book. I am talking about those that know they will NEVER honor the dates they are choosing now, they are only choosing those dates because they want to have something to hold on to, so they can cancel in the future and select the actual convenient dates. Now, this doesn’t make any sense, you can only cancel before you can book another date, and once you cancel you automatically fall into the category of someone that has never booked before.
So why choose a date you know you can’t honor only to cancel it and pick another date in the future. By doing this, you will prevent those that actually need those dates now from booking their appointments, so they also will be forced to look into that future date you are hoping to book after you have canceled the previous appointment you booked thus leading to panic and unavailability of dates.
The Embassy has a policy of adding just a few days to the appointment dates so that people won’t book appointments months in advance. It doesn’t mean there won’t be dates when you are ready to book.
I strongly believe that the appointment issues they had for Winter semester was as a result of what I am trying make you guys understand now. It was only in Nigeria that they ran out of appointments dates. We Nigerians like to act too smart at times, thereby causing unnecessary issues for ourselves.

If you submitted your admission application in Nov. or December, you don’t have any business booking appointments now because you offer letter CAN not be ready until sometimes in late February or March (if you see dates in late February or March now, you can book, but please leave the earlier dates for those that already have their offer letters).
Rushing to book dates you don’t need now will only cause issues for us all. I hope you guys get the point i am trying to make. If we all rush and book appointments now, even some people that may not get admission may book dates and they might even forget to cancel it so as to free it up for someone who needs it.

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2017
joshuaarmani2:

Sir, thanks so much for the link. I was able to get a booking for 6th Feb. Thanks again.

But.....

I discovered that the mail I was sent was purely in German. Though I find my way around it using Google Translate. There's also the small matter of the not requesting my account opening form et al. Is this normal?

Was asked to print the mail and bring it to the interview... I'm thinking they're referring to the German written booking appointment mail... Is that correct?

I'd be glad if you can shed more light on this and any other booking appointment info you feel we should get!

Thanks for being your brother's keeper.

Yeah, sometimes the mail is in German, sometimes in English. Just print it and take it with you as it is.

If you ever have to reschedule, make sure you do it at least one week before your booked date, or you'll face suspension.

That's all I think one needs to know about that.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2017
empressonassis:
cry cryVery correct!! Please guys on this forum, if you have not received your admission letter or you haven't applied yet please I beg of you, do not book an appointment date yet PLEASE. MY COURSE START DATE IS IN FEBRUARY!! Being trying to book since last night, but all the dates are unavailable from now till February. I am so heart broken right now.

I posted this before:

Blackanada:
Don't worry yourself so much, but be on the watch. Most people can't honour their dates. As January draws closer a lot of people will free up their dates to avoid getting suspended. Get all your documents prepared, so that in the event this happens you can quickly take advantage.

Two people in shoes similar to yours have recently followed this advice and were eventually able to reschedule to earlier dates.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
gabi101:

heyy bro,
congrats on your admission! feel free to pm me whenever...though i dont live there but i come around there usually when i've got stuffs to take care of cool
best wishes to y'all

#CHEERS!! smiley
Just PM'd you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dayjeee(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2017
Blackanada:
Just PM'd you.
Pls can u help me with the format for CV
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2017
dayjeee:
Pls can u help me with the format for CV

For what do you want to utilize the CV?

If it's for school application, unless the school expressly stated format there's no standard format requirement. If the school explicitly stated a format, then use the stated format.

As far as I know, Embassy doesn't have a format requirement either. Their only requirement is that it contains all visited schools, universities as well as listing all employers until date of visa application.

Any way you decide to format it, just make sure it's clear to anyone reading it.

As a rule of thumb though, you can't go wrong with a tabular CV (if it's clear).

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by empressonassis(f): 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2017
Blackanada:

I posted this before:

Two people in shoes similar to yours have recently followed this advice and were eventually able to reschedule to earlier dates.

Oh really!! U just seriously uplifted my spirit men. Thanks a million for this.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dayjeee(m): 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2017
Blackanada:

For what do you want to utilize the CV?

If it's for school application, unless the school expressly stated format there's no standard format requirement. If the school explicitly stated a format, then use the stated format.

As far as I know, Embassy doesn't have a format requirement either. Their only requirement is that it contains all visited schools, universities as well as listing all employers until date of visa application.

Any way you decide to format it, just make sure it's clear to anyone reading it.

As a rule of thumb though, you can't go wrong with a tabular CV (if it's clear).
ok thanks, its for grad school. I hope u will find time to help me review my sop when am done
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Cynate(f): 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2017
gabi101:

hello
sure there are...what course in particular?

Like Management courses or Computer science
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
Incase I just want to do any of this documents, should I back-date it?
donkafor:
No, your full name is sufficient.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2017
That's forgery and I am not part of it. grin
ibnkokumo:
Incase I just want to do any of this documents, should I back-date it?

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by YSPON: 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
Blackanada:

Glad I could be of help.

If I may ask, what are you going for?
I am going for a professional course in my area of specialization that will last for about 6months.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2017
ibnkokumo:
www.4ward.ng for scratch card, look up Google for motivation letter samples

What's up with your whatapp.
Have you used 4ward.ng before, I they trustworthy

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ezyp(m): 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
donkafor:
Please, kindly post link to the information you provided.
My bad... I miss read the mail they sent me
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by CassieV(f): 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
dayjeee:
some should pls help me with CV format o. I am applying to hertie school of governance
Are you aware that Hertie school of governance is a private school and therefore require tuition fees?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by styles2009: 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
Please all new comers and interested applicants should learn German in Nigeria up to 1year, if possible before coming, it's cheaper in Nigeria and you have lot of time.
When you get to DE, Bro, you got no time as Semester holidays, when some University offer basic language courses is time for you to work and do holiday job and save money

Even if your course is 100% English, you would thank yourself for doing that already in Naija.
Cheers

happystep:

You can start learning the basics ie A1 and A2 from online sources like YouTube tutors or Duolingo App. This may not make you perfect but you will learn all necessary words, phrase and expressions at your own pace. Also when you get to Germany, I learnt that some Universities offer free German course to international students especially in winter semester.

Sorry guys my suggestions is always focused on how to minimize cost and achieve the same outcome. So accept me the way I am.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2017
Cynate:

Like Management courses or Computer science

hey
browse the the link below(copy and paste everything)...they're both summer and winter courses

#ENJOY!!! smiley

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/?p=l&q=&degree[]=1&fos=1&lang[]=2&lang[]=3&featureLangCourseAvailable=1&bgn[]=SW%2CS%2CPHD&bgn[]=SW%2CW%2CPHD&bgn[]=TQ%2CPHD&fee[]=1%2C2&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 11:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
gabi101: @gabi101

Boss I go really appreciate if you give me some tips on how to secure accommodation in Saarbrücken, and any general info to make my move another.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 12:14am On Dec 13, 2017
chrisb2r200:

with MBA u cant do PhD its a terrinal degree but MSc Bus Admin or management can progree to PhD levele.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 12:19am On Dec 13, 2017
Blackanada:

Boss I go really appreciate if you give me some tips on how to secure accommodation in Saarbrücken, and any general info to make my move another.

check your email
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 1:23am On Dec 13, 2017
Ja, very reliable.
trojrobert:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 1:25am On Dec 13, 2017
Lol, I didn't take it back then, sad what else can I do?
donkafor:
That's forgery and I am not part of it. grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 1:28am On Dec 13, 2017
Handy ist kaputt (Phone is faulty) grin
trojrobert:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Cynate(f): 3:26am On Dec 13, 2017
gabi101:

hey
browse the the link below(copy and paste everything)...they're both summer and winter courses

#ENJOY!!! smiley

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/?p=l&q=&degree[]=1&fos=1&lang[]=2&lang[]=3&featureLangCourseAvailable=1&bgn[]=SW%2CS%2CPHD&bgn[]=SW%2CW%2CPHD&bgn[]=TQ%2CPHD&fee[]=1%2C2&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dayjeee(m): 6:13am On Dec 13, 2017
CassieV:

Are you aware that Hertie school of governance is a private school and therefore require tuition fees?
Yes I know, hoping to get a full scholarship. Moreover, no application fee is required, so I just want to give it a shot. I have about 2 public universitat I will also be processing alongside Hertie. Just that I love Hertie program and the course content so much
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Adetunjionafuwa: 6:28am On Dec 13, 2017
Anyone in ILMENAU. In need of accommodation
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ricy20(f): 7:22am On Dec 13, 2017
Is it possible to get an undergraduate scholarship
Is studying in Germany expensive
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by CassieV(f): 8:25am On Dec 13, 2017
dayjeee:
Yes I know, hoping to get a full scholarship. Moreover, no application fee is required, so I just want to give it a shot. I have about 2 public universitat I will also be processing alongside Hertie. Just that I love Hertie program and the course content so much
Alright, good luck..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by CassieV(f): 8:29am On Dec 13, 2017
gabi101:

check your email
Hi,
You school in Trier, right?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dejol88: 10:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Blackanada:

Well if you think I'm wishing you failure then you totally missed the point cos in reality I'm tying to help you out.

You asked for the application process, that makes it obvious you either haven't decided on the exact program you want to study at TUM or you don't know enough about the program.

Why I'm pointing this out is because a lot of people go to TUM for the hype (and so seems your case) and most of them get disappointed when they get rejected and realize that TUM is a bit more competitive than most other schools (especially for Engineering and CS), and they could have applied elsewhere, also for a course that actually has a better fit for them. Plus, in Germany no one cares about where you studied. They maintain similar standards among all higher institutions. No one will give you special respect for having a TUM degree. Absolutely no company cares.

Well sorry if you think I'm wishing you bad luck, just trying to prevent you from making a mistake most people make. If you wish to go on, I sincerely wish you the best of luck and would be disposed to help as much as I can.

To answer your original question about the application process, no one can tell you the process unless they know which exact department and program you're applying to at TUM.

My sincere apologies , I might have misconstrue you . However ,if you can advise on other schools I can apply to with higher chance of been admitted ,pls let me know .I want to pursue Msc in power engineering ,thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.