Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (698636 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by iloveutd: 8:28pm On Feb 03, 2018
pitapromiz:
which admission intake are you considering winter or summer? Of summer you might be too late... but if winter you are right on time.
You've have searched through daad that should give you hint on the way forward. It's not nice to just settle on one course out of the whole lots of opportunities available there.

To know your state of preparedness; do you have
1. Your academic transcripts
2. Proof of English proficiency
3.the money?(for applications e.g uniassist fee, for couriers, for Block account(sponsorship letter is another option to this).
4. Do your homework and research.. somethings you need to find out on your own.

Take time and read through previous threads

Okay thank you very much

I have my transcript
But my proof of English is general not academics
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Vickglam: 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hello, please anyone here in University of siegen or going?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2018
I got admission there. Anything
Vickglam:
Hello, please anyone here in University of siegen or going?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2018
iloveutd:

Okay thank you very much

I have my transcript
But my proof of English is general not academics
ok good. Just shortlist more school, peruse their websites and know there requirements.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by tbaby534(f): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2018
Winter 2018, any 1? �

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by RoninSignals: 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
how do you calculate your ECT?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
tbaby534:
Winter 2018, any 1? �
me

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Litolysis(m): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2018
Greetings great people! Finally Booked appointment. 22.02.2018. To God be the Glory.

Please can someone help me with some of the likely interview questions and ways of answering them. May we all achieve our desires, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by positiveagenda: 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2018
Litolysis:
Greetings great people! Finally Booked appointment. 22.02.2018. To God be the Glory.

Please can someone help me with some of the likely interview questions and ways of answering them. May we all achieve our desires, Amen.

Greetings. Please what time did u book appointment because I have been trying to book but no available date for February. I wish u all the best in your interview. Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BlackDeutsche: 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
Litolysis:

That has been posted way too many times on this forum that I doubt anyone can provide much new info on that.
Take your time to search and read back.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by AlphaPen(m): 10:48pm On Feb 03, 2018
Present!
tbaby534:
Winter 2018, any 1? �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DeutscheFrau(f): 12:59am On Feb 04, 2018
Hi guyssss, any winter 2018 studienkolleg hopeful in the house

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by obioraeji: 1:48am On Feb 04, 2018
DeutscheFrau:
I am here oooo
winter 2018 or summer 2019..!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 1:53am On Feb 04, 2018
Did my online admission application on 26/6/2017

Did certification at the embassy on 3/7/2017

Sent my documents to uni assist tru Dhl on 6/7/2017 and it was delivered within 2 working days.

Got uni assist evaluation after about 4-5 weeks and my application was 4wded to the school.

Got admission ending of August 2017 (about 2wks after uni assist sent my documents to the school).

D nxt day I solicited for admission deferral because the embassy said no more winter semester appointment date (painful though but its all past now). Got a response almost immediately to contact them again in October.

Contacted them for the deferment on 4/10/2017 and got my new admission letter within 48hours.

Sent an enquiry to the embassy when summer visa application will be open, got a response after some few hours to contact dem again in November

Contacted them (precisely head of visa section) again on 1/11/2017 and few minutes later I was told to send my admission letter and my blocked account opening confirmation which I did the following day.

After about 3-4 days later, I got an email with November 14th as d date for my interview, but it knew I won't be chanced that period so I canceled it and waited until November ending when they were officially open for summer visa application.

Finally I got a date for 28/12/2017. Few days later I saw 27/12/2017 and I settled for that (canceled previous appointment and rebooked).

Funded my fintiba account in November 2017 using form A from zenith Bank (took about 10 working days to get everything settled including the confirmation).

Got to the embassy about 5:45am, met about 2 student visa applicants on the queue among other categories of visa applicants.

About 6:05am the almighty and dreaded Mr. Paulinus came out (Lol). After arranging and cleaning his stand (chair and desk), at about 6:25am he called for student visa applicants first and if I can recall we were altogether 4 or 5 in number.

I was boldly matching forward when I heard "that your bag won't be accepted" you better find somewhere to keep it. I was still proceeding because I never expected I was the person he was talking to. Then he shouted at me and said you are doing as if you didn't hear me, go and keep your bag somewhere else because we won't allow you in.
Oh oh, see yawah oo. My bag was not a traveling bag but a normal back bag (shuttle bag) because I sure knew the maximum bag size dat will be accepted at the embassy. At dat point I stood still looking at him (wot immediately stopped my motion I can't tell up till date).

He said, you are just wasting your time because I won't bother myself measuring the size of that bag, so keep standing there and waste more of your time, I'll only write you as a late comer and that's all for your visa interview appointment.

Wen I heard "late comer" something just done on me like Gan Gan, dis man wan use me shine so oo.
Where enthusiasm came from must be divinely supplied. Immediately different thoughts and options came into my mind and I remembered dat its stated in the webpage dat if u're 30mins late you may not be allowed in, by now it was almost 6:35am.

D best option was to just fling the bag to anywhere not minding if I lose the contents but I remembered I had so much money in a small waist bag inside. So I tried giving someone the waist bag to hold for me while I get rid of the bigger bag. He became furious and said no way. I said Sir, I've some large amount in there, he said its not his business dat didnt I read dat bags are not accepted. He said I shd take my bag outside d compound for all he cares and if within 5mins I'm not back then that's all for me.

Hmmmmm, so I ran out to those hustlers outside and because of time I couldn't negotiate with anyone but an elderly woman selling outside. I told her to kip my bag beside her dat I wasn't allowed to take it in and my interview time is running out. She said 2k, I said no problem.
Immediately I entered d compound a security man said he has been looking for me to help me kip my bag but didn't know where I entered. I told him where d bag is he said dat is risky as d woman can leave anytym or even forget something was kept beside her especially in d rush of selling or persuading customers, thereby anyone can steal d bag and she would deny I didn't drop anything with her.

Jesu, I ran back again to get d bag. The security man said if we walk together, Mr. Paulinus will suspect and might disqualify me immediately, so he said I shd go first and kip it near their security post, he would walk behind me to get it from there and kip it inside their security post for me.

I was rushing to do so, he said oboy hafa na? Ntn for me, I said I go tip you after I'm tru because tym is not on my side. He said he was for nyt shift and would leave before I come out. Oga, hw then will I get d bag, he said he will tell d person dat will take duty from him.

At dis point, I was shattered, tensed, disorganized, so I couldn't think straight anymore to even ask further questions because it was almost 7am. I was moving and putting my hands inside my pocket to give him something, he said wait, u want make camera or Mr. Paulinus see us. So I stopped and gave him something then ran to drop d bag near the security post and joined the line afresh.

Guess wot, before I came back the line was like the usual school assembly line and knowing who Mr. Paulinus is I stayed quietly and patiently at the back because if I go to ask him any question or if I maneuver to d front simply because I was there before, he may walk me out for good.

I was panting and exhausted, I was likewise pressed with urine, and was also sweating and somehow shivering (Lol, just imagine all these for one person). I was also praying inwardly, although I couldn't make head or tall of my prayer points, weda I was at dat point praying for myself or Mr. Paulinus I nor even know but I knew I was telling God something dat I can't even comprehend mysef.

God was faithful as usual, d long queue was like pple were vanishing because either they booked the wrong appointment or their name was not in d list or they mixed the correct passport number or came too early (schengen visa applicants especially) so either they were told to step aside or to come back wen its like 30mins to their time or were asked to go book the right appointment or to go correct the mistake/wait for the decision of the consular decision to their case or were sent out completely.

So about 7:30am I was in front, he asked me "what kind of visa?" I said student, he said and you are coming by this time? He added, you know you are already late for your appointment? I kept quiet. Wanted to tell him but sir remember I was d person you asked to go kip my bag and u also saw me standing at d back of d queue for some time now.

Within me I said it will look like I'm challenging him so I kept mute knowing full well he knows what he is doing and he knows all I wanted to remind him about.

He said I shd go sit in a seat at d end of where those for long term visa (work and family reunion precisely) were sitting for final instructions. He didn't even check my name or passport number or anything to even know if my name is on the list or if there was a mistake dat I may need to go rectify. I was going to sit he said I shd start planning on how to write my petitions if the embassy asked why I came late thereby missing my appointment. I answered not a word!

Within me I said dis man serious oo, I thought he wanted to do me April fool before oo.

I went and sat down. About 2 students were still standing waiting for his instructions on how to arrange their documents before they go in. I said, ah thank God say some still dey outside so hope dey.

I was there and he was instructing those sitting in front of me one at a time (dat is, he would finish with d person in the front seat, wen d person leave the seat and go in, we would fill d seat in front of us in an orderly manner). At d same time he was instructing the remaining 2 student visa applicants on how to arrange their documents, as usual a student at a time oo, he would be like "original and 2 photocopies, put d original here and d copies here and here, I dnt want to repeat myself, any document I Call ull put d original here and the photocopies, dnt think I'm not watching you because I'm using my corner eye to monitor you so dnt think because I'm instructing others then I'm absent minded, all I'm telling you I've them upstairs because its my job to ensure u're fully ready before u go in so dat they won't query me saying why did I allow someone in without a complete application, so if you wanna play smart then I'll write you off and I mean it. Lastly, if any document or photocopy is missing then you will be disqualified.

As he was giving dem instructions I was crosschecking and arranging my own documents following his instruction pattern.

Finally he got to my turn and he looked at me and said " you said student visa ryt? I immediately shouted yes Sir to the loudest voice I've ever used in my entire life. He said you know your Case is exceptional, but I'll give you a last chance under two conditions. Agreed? I said OK Sir.

He said first, if any of ur document whatever is missing then I'm tru with you.
Secondly, if you are not fast in arranging your documents as I'll be calling them for you, just know dat I'll send you out.

Well, thank God I didn't fall into any of those traps because God was and is always with me (Emmanuel as I am named).
I also thank God for the divine wisdom I received from above to follow the instructions given to others in arranging my own documents ahead of time and finally I thank God Almighty for the calmness and patience I exercised not to answer or respond to his numerous threats or warnings!

At about few minutes past 9am, I was ushered in.

Wow!

So painful to see many others that came after me (not student applicants oo because I was the last. You shd know dat if for any reason any student applicant was behind me, then its OYO bcs Mr. Paulinus won't even listen to his/her reason) being sent off or disqualified for silly reasons of either questioning his order or trying to argue or trying to defend themselves on some unnecessary issues, some because they maneuver their position in d queue simply bcs they were running out of time for their appointments, and many oda flimsy and silly reasons. Someone for Schengen was a little short of his visa fee amount, the conditions Mr. Paulinus gave him to get d balance immediately was so frustrating and dishearty. I really felt for d guy (can't remember if he still made it up ryt there or not).
Most painful of dem all were 2 matured guys dat came together (weda as frds or brothers). Mr. Paulinus sent dem back to correct something, they went behind to do so, came back almost immediately after the corrections but passed odas in the line and went to d front to meet Mr. Paulinus. He shouted at dem saying who asked dem to beat the line and why would they come to meet him when he didn't call for dem. They explained and said but Sir we were here before and he answered "and so?" My frd go and stand behind the queue, they were like ah ah, he said he won't attend to dem if they disobeyed his order and there is ntn they can do about it, moreova their time for appointment is now so he can simply say they came late because they were supposed to come at least 30mins earlier (the guys were just surprised and the more they try to explain the more he gets angry with them). So one of dem went to d security police guy standing at the back. Weda he was explaining or reporting or making enquiry about something else, nobody knows. Immediately Mr. Paulinus sitghted dem together talking, he was furious and said, oh u think the security man can help you abi? So you think I'm a fool or I dnt know what I'm doing? If you like give him your documents to take inside for you it won't count without my consent. In fact you both are disqualified, before they could say a word he tore their appointment printout and said both the front and back camera has picked hem for misconduct (beating the queue) and moreova will also record against their name as late comers so they shd go and file their petition. Dat was it for them. U could see d beast inside the guys because it was reflected on their face and in their eyes (red eyes) but ntn could be done to the almighty Paulinus at that point. I really felt bad and pity for both of dem but I also was most grateful to God knowing He is worthy of all praises because their Case was ntn different from my case (first, coming early but sent back only to return and was threatened with lateness. Secondly I didn't beat d queue simply because I initially came much earlier, but I quietly and patiently stayed at d back of a newly formed long queue. Then my interaction/deal with the police guy which eventually led me keeping the bag somewhere around, after he has angrily instructed I take my bag outside d main entrance gate to d consulate building where those hustling guys are) yet God never allowed me to fall a victim of any of this strategies.
Because if not, maybe I'll still be waking by 12am on a daily basis looking for a free day to book a fresh visa appointment after 3wks, as a result of the usual period of rebooking a fresh appointment after the previous one for fairness purpose.

Well in all, Mr. Paulinus is just a cool and principled man who is strictly doing his job diligently as a result of the instructions he has received (although taking it too far sometimes). But I wouldn't blame him because that's his sole duty to ensure that anyone dat crosses that point to the main building must be fully prepared (having his/her complete documents, have booked the right appointment type and also is inline with time), so he his simply guiding his job jealously knowing how difficult/almost impossible it is to get a job in dis country, not to talk about such job. Lol
Well, dis is a very long epistle (I dnt even know how I was able to write all these). Most importantly, I never knew I could remember all these details because I didn't rehearse it neither have I been meditating on it after I left the embassy that day, nor did I write or record it elsewhere. Everything was coming afresh to my memory as I was writing line after line, more importantly I was having a mental review picture/scenario of the whole scene as they actually were dat very day.
I'll post my interview transcript later today, really need to sleep now.

Good night everyone and happy Sunday/happy new week.

18 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by zacheyS2: 3:39am On Feb 04, 2018
Anyone in Karlsruhe or travelling to Karlsruhe this summer?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 7:42am On Feb 04, 2018
oladejitaiwo:
This wrong appointment booking you said scared me oooo. What do you think must have caused the wrong booking/invitation.? And i am so sure that they didnt falsify the booking print out. embarassed cry

Some went to book schengen instead of family reunion and vice versa.
A lady also went to change her appointment date illegally because she missed the actual appointment date, among many other cases. I remember a funny man dat booked the wrong category of appointment, when Mr. Paulinus said he cannot allow him in simply because of that, he said Mr Paulinus shdnt worry about him that he will like to be interviewed on dat even if its wrong and disqualified automatically, because he can't imagine himself traveling dis far only to go back without doing any kind of interview (weda under the wrong category of visa application, he doesn't care). Lol.

You dnt need to fear if you know you booked your appointment under the right categories with your correct bio data and ur int'l passport number.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chidi4eze(m): 11:09am On Feb 04, 2018
Happy New month all!!
Please those coming to Cottbus, Brandenburg feel free to write me with your flight schedule for airport pick up.. This is one of the services Nigerian Students in Cottbus Association offers.
Note: Write when you've booked your flight.
Cheers

8 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chi555: 11:10am On Feb 04, 2018
Please who is in ph and wants to send docs to uniassist via DHL. PLS holla me so we can pair
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
Hi guys, I want to know if it's permitted for someone in Germany to help with the opening of the blocked account...thanks in anticipation.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by StarBoy54: 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
Right here
tbaby534:
Winter 2018, any 1? �
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by bochu03: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2018
Yes dear..Hochschule Konstanz
DeutscheFrau:
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2018
[quote author=Metabolite01 post=64766177][/quote]

@Metabolite Nice write up!! Contrary to what you said about Mr Paulinus being cool. The guy is not cool at all. He is rude and vain (even to his fellow black man), this same guy talks humbly when he talks to the white security man cuz I've been at the embassy twice. You can do your job perfectly without being rude and vain. The same issue about bag happened to me. I got to the embassy 5am, I was the very ist visa applicant that day!! I later got inside after 9 cuz I had to drop my bag outside and queue up afresh.

Funny thing is that I've gone inside with the bag before. it's fits perfectly into the wooden Stuff they use for measuring.

If you are going to the embassy, don't carry your bag, forget about the embassy bag dimension. If you carry bag, drop am with bag keepers before going in, least price is 1k and remove your valuables. Paulinus is a sick, demented, God forsaken fellow.

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by bochu03: 4:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
For Winter or summer
Litolysis:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 4:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
Tayerulz:
Hi guys, I want to know if it's permitted for someone in Germany to help with the opening of the blocked account...thanks in anticipation.

For fintiba and Deutsche bank- No.

don't know about others

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by heybaby12(f): 4:33pm On Feb 04, 2018
chi555:
Please who is in ph and wants to send docs to uniassist via DHL. PLS holla me so we can pair

when do you want to send.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
chidi4eze:
Happy New month all!!
Please those coming to Cottbus, Brandenburg feel free to write me with your flight schedule for airport pick up.. This is one of the services Nigerian Students in Cottbus Association offers.
Note: Write when you've booked your flight.
Cheers

Is money involved in this service?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by obioraeji: 5:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
(Degree
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Standard period of study
4 Semester
Form of studies
Full-Time
Language of instruction
German
Start of studies
Winter and Summer semester
Study location
Central Campus Cottbus)
gurus in the house. How do I manoeuvre this language of study. I am in the North I can't get a Germany DSH certificate for the admission. I have notice almost all engineering course are taught in German language. What is the implication when I get to the German consulate..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
obioraeji:

(Degree
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Standard period of study
4 Semester
Form of studies
Full-Time
Language of instruction
German
Start of studies
Winter and Summer semester
Study location
Central Campus Cottbus)
gurus in the house. How do I manoeuvre this language of study. I am in the North I can't get a Germany DSH certificate for the admission. I have notice almost all engineering course are taught in German language. What is the implication when I get to the German consulate..

Have you learned German before or at all?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chidi4eze(m): 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
justwise:

Is money involved in this service?

No sir. It's free of charge
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by obioraeji: 6:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
Jigba:

Have you learned German before or at all?
I have not learnt German before.

i am a complete novice to the language..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2018
obioraeji:

I have not learnt German before.

i am a complete novice to the language..
That will be hard

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.