Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (692483 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Damilolatom: 12:29am On Jun 13, 2018
Welldone Sir... My schools require toefl score and an option for letter of English language proficiency. The minimum score for one of the schools is 100 but I had 93, I'm not willing to rewrite TOEFL... I wrote GRE too and the school made uploading GRE score optional. Please, what do u suggest I do in my own case? Do u think gre verbal score (151) plus a letter of English language proficiency can suffice?
dolpaz:

Its really unthinkable that you have 6 rejections with these Cgpa even when people with far lesser cgpa are nipping it. You have a good grade to get admitted into most Msc studies but the honest truth why you´ve been denied admission is because of language proficiency letter.

Most of the schools you listed up there requires IELTS. These schools instructs Uni-assist to process duly completed applications with all the required certificates submitted. so before Uni-assist process/forwards your documents, they run a thorough check on your documents and on seeing language profiency letter, they abruptly declined your applications.

My advise to any and everyone who wants to apply to study here is to try and get all the required certificates. Running away from IELTS would always bring about these kind of heartbreak at times. If you can spend close to 135€ for applying to schools, what´s stopping you in taking the pain to attempt ielts.. A simple 6.0 would have landed you series of admissions. Knowing fully well that there´s blocked account to be funded, I believe as little as 75,000 (160€) should not be a problem. I know its really challenging coughing out these cash but whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well.

My candid advice to you:

You are almost there...

Try and attempt IELTS before september ending, then fire your application for summer.

I can assure you that your admission will fall through and you´ll be here for summer.

wishing you all the best !
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Damilolatom: 12:44am On Jun 13, 2018
Did ur school provide an option for letter of proficiency?
johndoefoo:

TOEFL
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Dannyozs(m): 12:54am On Jun 13, 2018
Hulkimiliano:

Since dey r forming to b smart give them a company name u know u can collect it from den go the company and collect ur stuff den Notarise it
lol, thanks bro.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by simplylekan45(m): 1:23am On Jun 13, 2018
shasha25:

which course

Msc Geodesy and Geoinformation science

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by KendrickAyomide: 3:02am On Jun 13, 2018
wink last dayz of the thread.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Swithoni: 3:37am On Jun 13, 2018
Please any naija student in Potsdam or Bielefeld? How is life there especially jobs?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Swithoni: 3:48am On Jun 13, 2018
I want to book an appointment for student applicant visa. Do I need the document proving my financial capability to book the interview or I should just tell them which means I'll use? It's really confusing me. They said I should send my name and address, passport copy, proof of financial resources but I don't know if they mean that I should send the sponsorship document or just to write that I'll use sponsorship letter.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Highbeeyajibola: 3:57am On Jun 13, 2018
Swithoni:
I want to book an appointment for student applicant visa. Do I need the document proving my financial capability to book the interview or I should just tell them which means I'll use? It's really confusing me. They said I should send my name and address, passport copy, proof of financial resources but I don't know if they mean that I should send the sponsorship document or just to write that I'll use sponsorship letter.

I don't think booking a student applicant visa is applicable to Nigeria, I got that response ago when I mail the consulate regarding that, you can only book a student visa.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Sakasitay(m): 4:22am On Jun 13, 2018
Those of you who have travelled to Germany, is Jena a good place? Hustle, education and social life being my main concerns.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Sakasitay(m): 4:22am On Jun 13, 2018
Part 5 of this thread loading.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by CassieV(f): 5:38am On Jun 13, 2018
This is for the NEWBIES

Most of the schools in Germany are tuition free even for international students, you only get to pay a certain amount as semester fees say between 100-400 euros and most times the semester fee comes with a semester ticket to aid in transportation in your city or town.
However, before you're granted a student visa, you have to prove that you can take care of your living expenses with one of the following means ;
1. Block account: The estimated living expenses for a student in a month is 720euros, when you multiply that by 12 months, you get 8640euros. This is the amount you're required to block in an already opened account with either Deutsch bank, Fintiba or Xpatrio. It is called a block account because you will not be able to withdraw everything at once, only 720euros will be released to you every month.
2. Sponsorship letter: If you have a relative living and working legally in Germany, they can get you this letter. They'll have to visit the alien office in their city and will be required to provide some documents and pay a certain fee. The letter will be sent to you when they receive it so that you can go with it for your visa interview.
3. Scholarship: This is usually the best if you have the scholarship, your visa will be granted in under 2 weeks after interview. So try and look for scholarships you can apply to.

Now that you understand the financial situation, let's go into the application process.
To search for schools, click on this link
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/?p=l&q=&fos=0&lang[]=2&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list
filter your search to make it easier, there are English taught courses there.
Generally, the very important documents needed to apply to schools in Germany are;
1. Transcript
2. English Proficiency
3. School Certificates (Degree, Waec, etc)
However, depending on the school, some other documents needed are as follows.
4. Curriculum Vitae
5. Motivation letter
6. Reference letters
7. GRE test
8. Etcetera.. Visit your prospective school website and find out the documents they need from you.
Note: You don't apply with your original documents, you have to make photocopies of them and Certify them in High court or a Notary public. If you stay in Lagos, you can certify at the German Embassy too. You'll have to book appointment for that.
For those planning to go for a Bachelors course, you need a 100level transcript from a university to apply for a BSc program in germany. WAEC alone will not be enough and No, OND will not do, you need a HND.

For the application proper, it is always important to go through the website of the schools you want to apply to, you'll get a lot of information form there concerning how to apply. Some schools do only online applications, some requires that you send your application documents to them by post after applying online, some you send your documents as pdf to their email address and then you get the uni assist crew.
Like I said earlier, it is important to go visit and read the websites.

When you get your admission letter, open a block account immediately(that is if you don't already have a sponsorship letter) and as soon as you get your account details, send an email to the embassy requesting for a visa interview date.
You need these to get an interview date:
1. Admission letter
2. Block account/sponsorship letter/scholarship letter
3. International passport data page(scanned)
Then your Full name and Resident address.

Prepare for your interview
Go for your interview
Wait for your Approval mail(AM)
Get your AM
Congratulations and Welcome to Deutschland.

Hints:
- Please try and read previous posts, there are a lot of information in the previous threads. It'll do you a lot of good if you read a least one thread say part 3..
- If you have a specific question, you can always use Google to search for it. Use the key words "nairaland" and "German thread" after you've typed in your question on Google. For example, "where can I notify my documents, nairaland, German thread". This has helped me a lot too.
- Please while you're doing all the waiting, try and learn the language. You can use apps like Duolingo or you can learn on YouTube. But it is best to register in a German language school, I believe you'll learn faster that way.
- Do no hesitate to send an email to your school regarding any questions you might have, you'll be surprised how willing they are to help.

If there's any mistake in this right up, please bring my attention to it so that I can modify.

Justwise, could you please paste this information on the first page of the new thread. Thank you.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Master07: 5:53am On Jun 13, 2018
futurewise11: FAQ about german school admission and visa.

1)How can i apply for admission?

Use google or daad.de.

2)What is the school fees?

Most german university tuition free.except some few states where student pay 500euro.

3)Whats the admission requirement?

Generally,for undergraduate,u can get admission with olevel, toefl,good university transcript, or A levels.motivational letter,cv,etc.
Note.always check ur program requirement.
For master degree applicant,bsc result,transcript,toefl,motivational letter,cv etc

4)Can i be admitted without proof of english certificate like toefl,ielts etc.

Depending on the school/prog.
Always contact the program cordinator.they have the final say.

5)Can i be admitted with my olevel into bsc program?

Check daad

6)Whats is uni assist?

Uni-assist is the link between prospective student and university.there main function is to verify your academic qualification if its enough to get you admission in a german university.

7)Whats there charges?
You are to pay 65 euro,for the first application and another 15 euro per application if you are sending more.this is for non EU student.
Below are important details of uni assist
lease fill in the transfer form as follows:

Benificiary:uni-assist e.V.
Account number:523749001
Bank sort code:100 708 48
Name of the bank:Berliner Bank, Niederlassung der Deutschen Bank
International bankcode:DE10100708480523749001
BIC/SWIFT-CodeDEUTDEDB110

Phone number +49 30 666 44 345

Address c/o uni-assist e.V.
Helmholtzstrasse 2-9
D-10587 Berlin,germany.

Please note,not all school or program are under uni assist,so please check if your school or program is under uni assist.

9)After 2 weeks you will be inform if your document is forwarded to your school or its incomplete to get admission in a german school.which you will duly be inform by uni assist.

10)Does uni assist grant admission?

No,its your school that gives admission.

11)After admission by my school what next?

Book your visa appointment,atleast one month and a week in advance,to set up ur block account.

Take your admission letter to the embassy open your block accout.after the account is open transfer the sum of 8040 euro to your deutche bank account.

12)How will i transfer the money?

Walk into any commercial bank (i recommend gtb and fbn)open an euro dommiciliary account,convert all ur naira to euro(take the malam into the bank,dont take ur money to there office)make sure the euro has being paid into your account before giving them your naira.

13)After 2 to 3 days ur will recieve confirmation for payment from deutsch bank.

14)On the interview date,get to the embassy very early,even before ur appointment time.germans dont joke with appointment/time.no oga abeg sir oooh.please prepare very well.

15)What are the likely interview question?

What are you going to do in germany,your course,program structure,school location(state and city),why germany,countries that has boarder with germany,what do you know about germany,why that course,finance,informantion about your sponsor,ur plan after your studies etc.

After interview u will be told,your file will be sent to foriegners office.they will let u know the outcome soon.

It takes between 2-6 weeks for the visa depending on the location of the school.

Please this is just a guidline,if you are in doubt of any information kindly post for honourable members to help.

COPIED

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Frankpiska(m): 6:15am On Jun 13, 2018
Toabyy223:
With what I have read so far on this forum, no one is helping out those who with just ordinary waec result or ond. For whom it may concern, those with weac or ond can also gain admission into this German universities but first you need to apply for a preparatory course. Preparatory course if valid for one year in the institute and afterwards if you pass you would automatically gain admission into the school. Secondly for those that don’t know, you can also travel to German with the aim of studying with STUDENT APPLICANT VISA: if you want to study in Germany, but are still trying to find the right program or you still haven’t got the confirmation letter from your University. So don’t panic for those that don’t have Bsc, Hnd or 100 level transcript. You can use this information given you. Never say never!
Thanks bro
The problem is that as a waec result holder,I don't know where to start applying, please can you help s brother?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by tenmariner: 6:36am On Jun 13, 2018
Pls anyone information on where to translate academic documents in Lagos. The document is a transcript and the translation language is Turkish
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by upkay: 6:56am On Jun 13, 2018
Swithoni:
Have u opened an account (fintiba or x-pario)? if yes, then upload ur acct opening confirmation doc together with ur admission letter and Int'l passport data page to book for ur visa appointment.
Note; It is not necessary to block ur acct wit the amt required b4 u can use it for booking.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ezekielidoko: 7:10am On Jun 13, 2018
johndoefoo:

WAEC alone? Are you sure? Which school?

Yes I used my transcript and I also did the b1
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Sakasitay(m): 7:18am On Jun 13, 2018
Good morning. I never knew the essence of the blocked account. Thank you for the clarification. However, what options for scholarship are there?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by diego2015(m): 7:47am On Jun 13, 2018
queenvicka:

I didnt send by post. i just uploaded it on uniassist portal
I think you still need to send the handbook By post according to the school
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 7:59am On Jun 13, 2018
goldsmiths:
Please I need help,
I am applying for a bachelor's degree and they keep asking for CV, do I go ahead and forge one?
yes that's what you should do
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Okikiayo1: 8:00am On Jun 13, 2018
Palla:
Admission just land from Hamm-Lippstadt uni, Letter of admission for the winter semester 2018/2019
at Hamm-Lippstadt University of Applied Sciences
Degree program Electronic Engineering. Thank God.
Pls when did you get the admission letter ??i applied too but nothing yet
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Rosicky7(m): 8:04am On Jun 13, 2018
Please o, those that got admission at Bremen, has anyone received the admission letter they sent by post?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 8:10am On Jun 13, 2018
Toabyy223:
With what I have read so far on this forum, no one is helping out those who with just ordinary waec result or ond. For whom it may concern, those with weac or ond can also gain admission into this German universities but first you need to apply for a preparatory course. Preparatory course if valid for one year in the institute and afterwards if you pass you would automatically gain admission into the school. Secondly for those that don’t know, you can also travel to German with the aim of studying with STUDENT APPLICANT VISA: if you want to study in Germany, but are still trying to find the right program or you still haven’t got the confirmation letter from your University. So don’t panic for those that don’t have Bsc, Hnd or 100 level transcript. You can use this information given you. Never say never!
sir we all know this process which is known as studienkollege and its in Deutsch language if you care to know many people have followed that route here.

If you are talking about travelling without admission I guess you are talking about language course route which I don't advise you to follow cos after the course you will come back for a proper student visa so sir we know this but we just want you to follow the easy way out.

So please my advice you can follow tru and get your year one university transcript or HND or better still learn Deutsche here in naija to B1 or B2.
A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 8:12am On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=luckyzeeto post=68425275][/quote] there's always a tracking number so u can always track I and know when to go to abuja and collect it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Palla: 8:36am On Jun 13, 2018
Okikiayo1:

Pls when did you get the admission letter ??i applied too but nothing yet
yesterday 12 June around 1:30pm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Sakasitay(m): 9:04am On Jun 13, 2018
Hi good morning.

Please, can anyone tell me how to send a DAAD scholarship form?

Should I scan it to them, or send via post? Kindly help me biko.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by swisster: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2018
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ezyp(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2018
Part 5 loading
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ezyp(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2018
Sakasitay:
Hi good morning.

Bro you can e-mail them to know na
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Master07: 9:16am On Jun 13, 2018
Sakasitay:
Hi good morning.

Which of the DAAD scholarship, most of the application is done via the DAAD Portal. which can be access via

https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal

Register and login with your details.

click on personal Funding, Then Application TAB and wait for a while for the page to load,

Then select the DAAD funding program name

country of residence, Target Country, commencement of the funding program either Graduates i.e for Msc or PHD and continue.
on the next page, FILL FORM, you download the form , fill it electronically using any office program preferabky ADOBE READER X and saved. upload the Filled Form on same window where its downloaded.. the website automatically search for any error, before you proceed for the next stage.

where you upload supporting documents such as

CV
motivation letter
study plan
certifcates
transcript
recommendation/reference letter
etc.

Thats how to apply via the DAAD

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by heybaby12(f): 9:20am On Jun 13, 2018
@justwise
This is almost out oh.

As we close the curtains to part 4.
We thank God for the numerous admissions, numerous AMs. Plenty success stories and more to come.

Happy to have started and now about to end this thread.
Thank God I had my admission testimony here.
In part 5 my AM testimony shall fall....
Same to all the hopefuls.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dolpaz: 9:29am On Jun 13, 2018
Swithoni:
Please any naija student in Potsdam or Bielefeld? How is life there especially jobs?

Since its in NRW, you ain´t got no worries !
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by johndoefoo: 9:30am On Jun 13, 2018
ezekielidoko:

Yes I used my transcript and I also did the b1

100L transcript right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.