Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,167 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria - Politics (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria (86273 Views)

Nsukka Is The Largest City In Nigeria By Landmass / Ben Murray-Bruce: Poverty Is The Fastest Growing Business In Nigeria / Aftermath Today's Rainfall In Ibadan. (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by kn23h(m): 5:54am On Nov 26, 2017
Ibadan Mega City Project: CCII Inaugurates Committees Toward Realisation

As part of efforts to make Ibadan a mega city by 2040, the Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes (CCII) has inaugurated 20 committees toward the realisation of the project.

The CCII President-General, Mr Yemi Soladoye, inaugurated the committees in Ibadan on Sunday.

The CCII, which was founded in 1982, is the umbrella body of all Ibadan indigenous clubs.

It has 236 clubs affiliated to it.

Soladoye said that the CCII had repositioned to ensure that Ibadan would become a mega city by 2040.

He called on Ibadan indigenes to work together to achieve the aim.

“We have come up with robust programmes and projects for economics, political and cultural renaisance of Ibadan land.

“There is no room for pessimism, cynism or armchair patriotism. Let nobody discourage us that the project is impossible; in fact we have started already.

“We should be tired of still chorusing the greatness of our forefathers almost 150 years after.

“We need new songs and heroes in Ibadan land,’’ he said.

The president-general said that the inauguration of the committees would enable the organisation to increase its activities.

“We want Ibadan to become the economic hub of South-West Nigeria.

“We want to see the city become the leading tourism centre in Nigeria.

“We want to see it become a reference point for self-help community projects.

“We want to return Ibadan as the seat of political leadership and direction for South-West, and we look forward to seeing CCII as an internationally recognised community voice in Nigeria,’’ he said.

The president-general said that his administration was committed to completing the Olubadan Palace before the expiration of Gov. Abiola Ajimobi’s tenure.

Mr Seyi Makinde, the Chairman of the occasion, hailed the Soladoye-led executive for the innovative ideas.

Makinde urged the newly inaugurated committee members to contribute their quotas to the development of Ibadan.

Some of the committees are: Ethics and Values, Youth Development and Empowerment, Research, Planning and Economic Development; Social, Welfare and Sports Development; Public Relations and Ibadan Rebranding.

The others include Olubadan-in-Council and Related Affairs, Ibadan Less City and Urban Renewal, Safety of Lives and Properties, Lobby and Legislative Matters, Ibadan Gbemi and Non-Indigenes.

There are also committees for Health, Editorial, Legal Affairs, Council Secretariat and Library and Archives, Finance and General Purpose, Ibadan Cultural Festival, Membership Development and Services, Information Communication and Technology (ICT) and Awards.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/11/05/ibadan-mega-city-project-ccii-inaugurates-committees-toward-realisation/
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by kn23h(m): 6:02am On Nov 26, 2017
Odu’a Inaugurates N500m Residential Estate In Ibadan

The Management of Odu’a Investment Company Limited on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 inauguarated a N500Million residential estate in Ibadan, Oyo State Capital. The Ace Estate sits on a 4,400 square metre land at highbrow of Jericho Government Reserved Area (GRA) in Ibadan.

The Ace Estate consists of three (3) luxury units of 5 bedroom duplexes and four (4) luxury units of 4 bedroom duplexes all tastefully designed with all rooms en suite to showcase elegance and comfort. To the pioneer Chairman of the Company’s Board of Director, Chief Kola Daisi, it is an architectural masterpiece , quintessentially designed and tastefully finished as a manifestation of asthetics, quality and luxury roles into one. Chief Daisi hailed the company for being in the “vanguard of upholding the common heritage of the Yoruba nation and with a renewed to be the engine room for the economic development and competitiveness of Western Nigeria. Chief Daisi who chaired the event said the project demonstrated Odu’a’s commitment to operate as a major player in the Real Estate sector.

He urged the company to include agro-allied and manufacturing in its diversification agenda for the economic prosperity of the Southwest. Odu’a Chairman, Chief Segun Ojo said that the commissioning of the Ace Estate was part of the Odu’a group ambition to engage in activities that would further “promote and enhance rapid economic development of the South West as per the mandate of our shareholders”.

” What we are witnessing today is a major milestone in the quest by Odu’a Investment Company limited to add quality investment into our real estate portfolio and also to what was bequeathed to us. It is a dream come true by the Board and Management of Odu’a to resuscitate some of its derelict properties across South Western Nigeria “he said

He stressed that the Ace Residential Estate has state of the art facilities, street and perimeter light, swimming pool, fitness centre , uninterrupted electricity and water supply, underground drainage system, stone paved roads and lots more”.
The Group Managing Director/CEO, Odu’a Investment Company Limited,Mr. Adewale Raji said that the project cost N500 million, souced internally and it was completed in nine months. He said the estate heralded the company into property development, based on consumer demands and insight, adding that it is a means of redefining the conglomerate.

Mr. Raji said that the contemporary designs, quality of finishing and timely delivery are a new benchmark in real estate development in Ibadan. The GMD maintained that Odu’a Investment Company Limited will remain in the vanguard of upholding the common heritage of the Yoruba nation and will diligently execute her renewed mandate to be the engine room for the economic development and competitiveness of Western Nigeria.

” I wish to affirm that Board and Management team of Odu’a will continue to sustain the heritage bestowed on our generation by our founding fathers. Beside real estate, further Investment in the Agriculture and Agro Allied processing sectors will be intensified to ensure our region’s food security and serve as avenue for job creation and economic empowerment of our youth”
Ace estate was conceived and delivered as a flagship to announce Odu’a re-entry into property development based on consumer demand and insight.

http://www.oduainvestment.com.ng/odua-inaugurates-n500m-residential-estate-in-ibadan/

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by kn23h(m): 6:14am On Nov 26, 2017
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 6:43am On Nov 26, 2017
It is neither the fastest growing nor the largest city.
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by Danladi7: 7:01am On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:
It is neither the fastest growing nor the largest city.

Your opinion grin

Even you can claim its the smallest and the slowest growing. cool

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by CrtlAltDel: 8:40am On Nov 26, 2017
Justiceleague1:
[s]Op,please tell us something new,ppl are fed up with gabbage and thrash

fin fuun..feel kini,balls,haa!mogbe! Effects of 2bu [/s]grin grin

éma gbagbe pe òdun mérinla ni kini o

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 9:49am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Your opinion grin

Even you can claim its the smallest and the slowest growing. cool

Not my opinion Kano is larger than your Ibadan and more developed.

Even the Op knows that as he cited in his post but decided to hype the title.
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by Danladi7: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

Not my opinion Kano is larger than your Ibadan and more developed.
Nigeria census says kano is more populated followed by Ibadan by just 300 000 plus.Agreed!

The largest here means landmass "verily,Ibadan is the largest city in term of landmasse in west Africa"

As for more developed,you have no evidence to back that up,so it's remain your ordinary opinion subjected to bias!
By the way,we are not comparing Ibadan devept with kano here neither does the topic reads "most developed".

You can open a new thread to showcase kano city.Doing it here when the topic has nothing to do with it is inferiority complex!

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 10:16am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Nigeria census says kano is more populated followed by Ibadan by just 300 000 plus.Agreed!

The largest here means landmass "verily,Ibadan is the largest city in term of landmasse in west Africa"

As for more developed,you have no evidence to back that up,so it's remain your ordinary opinion subjected to bias!
By the way,we are not comparing Ibadan devept with kano here neither does the topic reads "most developed".

You can open a new thread to showcase kano city.Doing it here when the topic has nothing to do with it is inferiority complex!

Sir even when it comes to Landmass Oyo as a state is not the largest in Nigeria not to talk of West Africa.

So I don't wax there you are feeling superior. When the largest city in all ramification is Lagos followed by Kano.

In total the largest state is Kano. I don't have to open thread for Kano as you said we are passive and docile which u assume. We do things when we wanted too.
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by Danladi7: 10:23am On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

Sir even when it comes to Landmass Oyo as a state is not the largest in Nigeria not to talk of West Africa.

So I don't wax there you are feeling superior. When the largest city in all ramification is Lagos followed by Kano.

In total the largest state is Kano. I don't have to open thread for Kano as you said we are passive and docile which u assume. We do things when we wanted too.

sir,kano city is different from kano state

Ibadan city is different from Oyo state

Lagos city is different from lagos state

hope you now understand?

And please,is either you open separate thread for this or you stop.Dont let us derail the thread.I beg you in Allah' name.Jazaaka lah khoyroh

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 11:03am On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

Not my opinion Kano is larger than your Ibadan and more developed..

This aboki will never cease to amaze me. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 11:45am On Nov 26, 2017
Rilwayne001:

This aboki will never cease to amaze me. grin

Ofcourse aboki will never cease to amaze you with the truth. Kano is not a match for your brown roof.
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Ofcourse Kano is the second Largest city and Kano State is the largest city.

Ibadan is the 3rd largest city while I don't know for Oyo state, but definitely not the largest neither the second largest.

Needles to say on this.

hope you now understand?

Nobi today I know this.

And please,is either you open separate thread for this or you stop.Dont let us derail the thread.I beg you in Allah' name.Jazaaka lah khoyroh

I open thread when I wish to. You plead in the name of Almighty I will let it go here on one condition which is: As far as Rilwayne001 is not contesting about Kano is not a match for his grandparent village (Ibadan).
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by CrtlAltDel: 11:56am On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

[s]Ofcourse aboki will never cease to amaze you with the truth. Kano is not a match for your brown roo[/s]f.

Some education for your frustrated a$$ grin
Danladi7:

hope you now understand?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by Justiceleague1: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
CrtlAltDel:
an Ipob...is good for ur heart grin
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by iblawi(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

We have too many educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Learn the difference between a state, city, town, village, community, etc.

Ibadan is the third largest city in Africa after Cairo and Johannesburg.

Ibadan is the largest city in western Africa.

This is what happens when Google becomes ones enemy instead of a friend.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
iblawi:

We have too many educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Learn the difference between a state, city, town, village, community, etc.

Ibadan is the third largest city in Africa after Cairo and Johannesburg.

Ibadan is the largest city in western Africa.

This is what happens when Google becomes ones enemy instead of a friend.

Mtsw shut up. Ibadan is not even largest in Nigeria not to talk of Africa. Lagos remain the largest followed by Kano.
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

Some education for your frustrated a$$ grin

Mr Afonja go and brush your dirty buccal cavity.

In both city and state. Ibadan is not the largest city and Oyo is also not the largest state. Olodo.

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by Danladi7: 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

Mr Afonja go and brush your dirty buccal cavity.

In both city and state. Ibadan is not the largest city and Oyo is also not the largest state. Olodo.
You are very irritating jare!

who said oYo state is the largest?

who said Ibadan is the largest in term of population?

LARGEST IN TERM OF LANDMASSE(google it) AND 3rd LARGEST IN TERM OF POPULATION..how many time will we repeat this!

AT independence,THE CITY WAS THE LARGEST IN TERM OF BOTH(please google it and show me google result before you disagree)

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by CrtlAltDel: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

LARGEST IN TERM OF LANDMASSE(google it) AND 3rd LARGEST IN TERM OF POPULATION..how many time will we repeat this!

AT independence,THE CITY WAS THE LARGEST IN TERM OF BOTH(please google it and show me google result before you disagree)
Ignore them like I did, they are frustrated, angry and full of hate…. Just ignore them grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by Danladi7: 5:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

Ignore them like I did, they are frustrated, angry and full of hate…. Just ignore them grin grin grin
Ok thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by shukuokukobambi: 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

Mtsw shut up. Ibadan is not even largest in Nigeria not to talk of Africa. Lagos remain the largest followed by Kano.

Did your education by any means include definitions of LARGEST and POPULOUS?

Lagos we know as most POPULOUS followed by Kano. This thread is about Ibadan, the LARGEST city (Not state!!). I'm sure you now realize you've been barking the wrong tree?

When we come to most populous, we will surely place Kano after Lagos but until such a time, just give it a rest

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Either change the thread title to Largest in Landmass or keep quiet.

Even in landmass Gusau is bigger than Ibadan.

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Did your education by any means include definitions of LARGEST and POPULOUS?

Lagos we know as most POPULOUS followed by Kano. This thread is about Ibadan, the LARGEST city (Not state!!). I'm sure you now realize you've been barking the wrong tree?

When we come to most populous, we will surely place Kano after Lagos but until such a time, just give it a rest

First Wikipedia understand largest by population not by land mass.

Secondly even in landmass Gusau is biggest.

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by shukuokukobambi: 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

First Wikipedia understand largest by population not by land mass.

Secondly even in landmass Gusau is bigger.

Which means even gusau is larger than Kano?
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Which means even gusau is larger than Kano?

No. Kano is the second largest.

Gusau is only the biggest when it comes to landmass
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by shukuokukobambi: 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

No. Kano is the second largest.

Gusau is only largest when it comes to landmass

For the purpose of this discuss, we're talking measurement of landmass so I'm surprised gusau is larger than kano
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by FriendNG: 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

For the purpose of this discuss, we're talking measurement of landmass so I'm surprised gusau is larger than kano

It is not something to be surprise of. In landmass Kano is not the biggest.

And if we are talking of Kano as a state it is still not the biggest in landmass. Even the new State created from Kano i.e Jigawa state is slightly bigger than Kano.
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by deomelo: 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by iblawi(m): 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

Abeg which school did you attend before ending up in Alaba market?

Gusau is not even a city if you go by definition. I said get the definition of city and town.

Metropolis 3,080km2

Urban 6800km2

Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
@friendng,Ibadan city is the third largest city by landmass in Africa
Re: Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ibadan (Yoruba: Ìbàdàn) is the capital of Oyo State, Nigeria and the most populous city in the state with a population of over 3 million. It is the third most populous city in Nigeria, after Lagos and Kano; it is the country's largest city by geographical area. At the time of Nigeria's independence in 1960, Ibadan was the largest and most populous city in the country, and the second most populous in Africa after Cairo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (49) (Reply)

Meet The Doctors President Buhari Hired To Treat His Son - Daily Nigerian / Osborn Nwaze, Governor Umahi's Son Who Was His Campaign Director / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.