Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic (10447 Views)

See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president / Pakistanis Rush To Learn Arabic As 2nd Language After Discovering This / Nigerians Criticize Buhari After French President Was Spotted Doing This. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by chiagozien(m): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2017
IJOBA2:
SOME SOPHISTICATED PHOOLS ARE AFRAID TO ANSWER THEIR FATHERS NAMEgrin
no bros they are afraid,but the main problem is they are royal servants.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by BabaRamota1980: 7:33am On Jul 25, 2017
Mofo is stalled! Probing trying to find a fulani LGA on the Kwara map.

I hope you wont forge the map and bring it back here with fulani name. grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by BabaRamota1980: 7:34am On Jul 25, 2017
chiagozien:
no bros they are afraid,but the main problem is they are royal servants.

Jagaban.....smoooth operator!!!

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by hornyofife: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2017
Jetleeee:
Wow! this is interesting because...as far as I know, Fon is more spoken in Benin republic than Yoruba.

Wouldn't it be so lovely to see the Yorubas in Benin republic merged with their kith and kin in Western Nigeria? These guys are just exactly like us. And they are very hard working.

I just can't wait for that time when we'd have Yorubas from all parts of the world including places like Brazil, Togo, T&T, Cuba all in SW Nigeria smiley

Y'all need to see how much influence Brazilian returnees had on our architecture and the development of Lagos particularly. These are the people we need here. We should send these potor bricklayers developing the whole planet with Abiama cement to wherever they came from. I'm tired of seeing tennis racquet heads and bearded, mullah-looking women in Yorubaland. I'm tired!

Anyway...

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by shukuokukobambi: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2017
chiagozien:
yorubber muslim sorry i did not know this will pain you this must.but na question i ask and i still dey ask,how are those yorubber that side behaved,are they cowards like the one we have here in nigeria.

I'm not a Muslim as I don't believe an Arabian self proclaimed prophet has anything to offer me and I'm not a Christian because I don't know why a Jewish carpenter needs to die for my so-called sins neither am I a Jew as I'm already a proud Yoruba man. cheesy

You on the other hand is a study in confusion. Ohafia Muslims are increasing, wawa Christians are being discriminated against, aba Jews are praying to their ancestral gods in NRI evil forests while anambala Christians are still exporting powder to develop Asia cheesy

I'm sure you're one of the OSU that are not even considered human enough to live with or intermarry with cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by wristbangle: 8:00am On Jul 25, 2017
Jetleeee:
Wow! this is interesting because...as far as I know, Fon is more spoken in Benin republic than Yoruba.

Wouldn't it be so lovely to see the Yorubas in Benin republic merged with their kith and kin in Western Nigeria? These guys are just exactly like us. And they are very hard working.

I just can't wait for that time when we'd have Yorubas from all parts of the world including places like Brazil, Togo, T&T, Cuba all in SW Nigeria smiley

Y'all need to see how much influence Brazilian returnees had on our architecture and the development of Lagos particularly. These are the people we need here. We should send these potor bricklayers developing the whole planet with Abiama cement to wherever they came from. I'm tired of seeing tennis racquet heads and bearded, mullah-looking women in Yorubaland. I'm tired!

Anyway...

gringrin

Bros, u don burst my head with laugh.

Sukkot, come and see your taye here oo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Markfemi2: 8:19am On Jul 25, 2017
chiagozien:
haha see your brother......

I dey fear una pass anything those ars biafrans

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Kyase(m): 8:32am On Jul 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
This is interesting grin

The cream always rises to the top. I'm not surprised. I was shocked the first time I listened to Angelique Kidjo's "Wombolombo" song and realised she was singing in Yoruba. Truly Yoruba is beyond Nigeria grin

Edumare bless the Yoruba race wink
thank you, i was telling one of my coursemate a year back that what i was hearing is yoruba, but the kogi yoruba rejected it.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by sukkot: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2017
wristbangle:

gringrin

Bros, u don burst my head with laugh.

Sukkot, come and see your taye here oo
lolol

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by 9jakool: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2017
This is a welcomed development. The Yorubas of Benin Rep should form close to the same proportion as those in Nigeria at around 17.8% of the population according to their 2006 census. They are mainly native to Central and Southeastern parts of the country and they speak various southwest Yoruba dialects which form a dialect continuum with Togo.

Yoruba movies produced in Nigeria are popular among Yorubas in Benin. The Alaketu of Ketu once said that his people tune into Ogun state tv because it's broadcasted in Yoruba as opposed to the French language only programs offered in Benin.

There are notable Beninese of Yoruba ethnicities in Benin. The former president, Boni Yayi is from the the town of Tchaourou(Shaworo). Other notable Beninese of Yoruba origin include Angelique Kidjo who was nominated a total of 11 times, 3 of which she won. Samuel Oshoffa, the founder of the Celestial Church of Christ is also Beninese.

Yorubas are just very influential! They are native to 3 African countries and they have significant influence spanning 3 continents.

14 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by SegunAdewole: 8:55am On Jul 25, 2017
nonaira:
Anyone that believes this story is an idiot. Google it, excluding Nigerian sites, noone else carried this story. Now the question is doesn't Benin have its own media? Therefore, why didn't they report it as well.

You dey mind the skull-grabbing ewedu-drinking elements and their 'make me happy" tales. In Equitorial Guinea, Igbo is recognized as an ethnic group and an official language, yet Igbos are not throwing nylon-shiit everywhere in celebration and chest-beating rituals likes these hammerheaded obomosho smellos. grin grin

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Guestlander: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2017
SegunAdewole:

You dey mind the skull-grabbing ewedu-drinking elements and their 'make me happy" tales. In Equitorial Guinea, Igbos is recognized as an official language, yet Igbos are not throwing nylon-shiit everywhere in celebration and chest-beating rituals likes these obomosho smellos. grin grin

Why do you folks lie so much? Igbo is not an official language in Equitorial Guinea.

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by SegunAdewole: 9:10am On Jul 25, 2017
Guestlander:

Why do you folks lie so much? Igbo is not an official language in Equitorial Guinea.

Any idiot can edit wikipedia including you, follow the links in this page.

www.nairaland.com/1536594/igbo-officially-recognized-equatorial-guinea
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by honeychild(f): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

grin grin
If Northern Youths, by a mere declaration, no violence, nor rioting, no attack but just holding a press conference, and in the aftermath cause Ibo elders to begin tremble with fear and issue their own counter declaration condemning the Biafra of Ikemba, then I wonder if there would be an Ibo today at all should Dan Fodio had visited you with jihad.

Bloody cowards shivering and panicking over threat from some little boys issuing notice

Make I support you with pinshur grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Guestlander: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2017
SegunAdewole:

You have to be an idiot or a compulsive liar not to notice that none of the links listed Igbo as an official language of Equitorial Guinea.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Markfemi2: 9:15am On Jul 25, 2017
SegunAdewole:

they caugth them lieing again lol

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by SegunAdewole: 9:19am On Jul 25, 2017
Guestlander:

You have to be an idiot or a compulsive liar not to notice that none of the links listed Igbo as an official language of Equitorial Guinea.

So what did it say about Igbos in Equitorial Guinea?

Is yoruba an official language in mexico and brazil as your ewedu-gobbling brothers claim?

grin grin
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 9:33am On Jul 25, 2017
Jetleeee:

Anyway...

Seconded on all. We would rather have our kith and kin join us than ungrateful leaches without manners or decorum, with bear-looking women and weird-looking males. They pollute everywhere they go with everything sordid.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Markfemi2: 9:36am On Jul 25, 2017
PenSniper:

Seconded on all. We would rather have our kith and kin join us than ungrateful leaches without manners or decorum, with bear-looking women and weird-looking males. They pollute everywhere they go with everything sordid.

They develop grin

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 9:38am On Jul 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
This is interesting grin

The cream always rises to the top. I'm not surprised. I was shocked the first time I listened to Angelique Kidjo's "Wombolombo" song and realised she was singing in Yoruba. Truly Yoruba is beyond Nigeria grin

Edumare bless the Yoruba race wink

Amen. Do you know that till date, they still play and enjoy all Apala and Sakara music more than in Nigeria ? Most of their popular musicians are yoruba and always lace their lyrics with yoruba.
I go there for a short rest every month.
Yoruba is truely a tribe to be proud of, sentinents apart.

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 9:41am On Jul 25, 2017
deomelo:

You are mad because your Biafra village is not recognized beyond you village? grin grin grin grin

True word. Igbo have no cultural connection outside Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Have you settled the identity crisis between the yeeboe Jews and yeeboe Christians already? Are the wawa Jews now accepted as mainstream? angry

As for the OSU debacle, even shuku okuko alabiabia is powerless to help you

LMAO !

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 9:47am On Jul 25, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Thanks to Gani Adams, he did a lot of footwork for this recognition.

That guy is an asset to the yoruba race. His emergence must be divine considering the age he came into limelight and yet mobilised his people with maturity.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by hundredhunndred: 9:49am On Jul 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

I'm not a Muslim as I don't believe an Arabian self proclaimed prophet has anything to offer me and I'm not a Christian because I don't know why a Jewish carpenter needs to die for my so-called sins neither am I a Jew as I'm already a proud Yoruba man. cheesy

You on the other hand is a study in confusion. Ohafia Muslims are increasing, wawa Christians are being discriminated against, aba Jews are praying to their ancestral gods in NRI evil forests while anambala Christians are still exporting powder to develop Asia cheesy

I'm sure you're one of the OSU that are not even considered human enough to live with or intermarry with cheesy

Lolzzzz

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 9:51am On Jul 25, 2017
Drogbs:
I hope they are not as useless as their brothers here in Nigeria.

The only useless tribe in Nigeria are those who are being rejected by all and sundry even upto Ghana and South Africa.
They need no mention. Their criminal activities and sordid reputation preceed them wherever they go.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2017
Drogbs:

Proudly a "wawa Jew" do you accept been a useless Afonja?

Go and solve your Osu caste problem rather than mourning over somebody's global achievement. Envy breeds more evil. Don't let your envy lead you to suicide.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by hundredhunndred: 9:56am On Jul 25, 2017
[s]
SegunAdewole:

You dey mind the skull-grabbing ewedu-drinking elements and their 'make me happy" tales. In Equitorial Guinea, Igbo is recognized as an ethnic group and an official language, yet Igbos are not throwing nylon-shiit everywhere in celebration and chest-beating rituals likes these hammerheaded obomosho smellos. grin grin
[/s]

Trash from an accursed flatron head cannibal who hail from a tribe labelled as the curse of Africa. Who cares if your cannibalistic tribe is recognized in Sudan, you should go create a thread for it instead of pouring smelly spits everywhere like a castrated gorilla. You are even hiding under a name of those you hate just like ojukwu of cursed memory who ran away dressed like an Ajegunle Olosho. Shameless human eating animal

14 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Drogbs: 9:56am On Jul 25, 2017
PenSniper:

Go and solve your Osu caste problem rather than mourning over somebody's global achievement. Envy breeds more evil. Don't let your envy lead you to suicide.
you are below me you afonja goat
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by hundredhunndred: 10:00am On Jul 25, 2017
Drogbs:
I hope they are not as useless as their brothers here in Nigeria.

Coming from a wawa cannibal whose tribe are being rejected all over the world. An Indonesia police even said you all are curse to Africa, he is right cos you foot-licking half twit contribute only shame and ridicule to the country. Everyone now see you as a leper, reason no one take you serious anymore. Pathetic

12 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2017
nonaira:
Anyone that believes this story is an idiot. Google it, excluding Nigerian sites, noone else carried this story. Now the question is doesn't Benin have its own media? Therefore, why didn't they report it as well.

The report given by the nation's ambassador is what you claim to be false ? A statement made on behalf of the government ?
Apparently, you must have a mental problem. Since when do google become a raportoire of instant occurences all over the globe ?
Anyway, your mental state has assigned the job of satan to you. I pray you continue without an end. Satan does not rest because of Gods' lucky and happy children. He is only at rest with the dregs of this life.
Since you have willingly assumed his role of running helter skelter over other peoples' success, i pray for more grease to your restless elbows.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by stevecantrell: 10:11am On Jul 25, 2017
Basic123:

Listen to her song. "babalawo"

purely yoruba.
Yorubas has being associated with grammy award thampn any other tribe

femi kuti-nominated
sade adu-won
Anglequr kidjo-won
sunny Ade-nominated
wale-nominated

SEAL won.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by CaesarVelli: 10:11am On Jul 25, 2017
We need tribal tolerance

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: 41 Candidates Jostle To Become Lagos Governor, 589 Eye Lagos Assembly. / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Rises To 22.41% Amid Petrol Subsidy Removal / Sanwo-Olu Inspects Progress Of Work At The Stations Along The Red Line Rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.