Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic (10453 Views)

See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president / Pakistanis Rush To Learn Arabic As 2nd Language After Discovering This / Nigerians Criticize Buhari After French President Was Spotted Doing This. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by shukuokukobambi: 10:12am On Jul 25, 2017
PenSniper:

Amen. Do you know that till date, they still play and enjoy all Apala and Sakara music more than in Nigeria ? Most of their popular musicians are yoruba and always lace their lyrics with yoruba.
I go there for a short rest every month.
Yoruba is truely a tribe to be proud of, sentinents apart.

Yeah bro. After that Angelique Kidjo discovery, I went on a search and found that a lot of musicians from Benin republic sing in pure Yoruba and their songs are rich in all the attributes of good music cheesy

There's one that sings "bolojo". Very beautiful and gifted lady. I really wish I know where to get their CD's and DVDs

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by IJOBA2: 10:23am On Jul 25, 2017
chiagozien:
no bros they are afraid,but the main problem is they are royal servants.
WE ARE JUST WAITING FOR THE GAMBARIS TO HOIST THEIR FLAG IN THE STATE OF OSUN, THEIR NEW CONQUERED TERRITORYgrin
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by AbidjanOjukwu: 10:26am On Jul 25, 2017
IJOBA2:
WE ARE JUST WAITING FOR THE GAMBARIS TO HOIST THEIR FLAG IN THE STATE OF OSUN, THEIR NEW CONQUERED TERRITORYgrin

Wawa people are being slaughtered all over Ebowland while fulani rape your women but you dont care, they killed your people all over Enugu but you dont care since you are all 9th class citizen of Nigeria. I really pity your late parents. smh

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by AbidjanOjukwu: 10:42am On Jul 25, 2017
IJOBA2:
BEG YOUR Fulani MASTERS TO RELEASE YOUR WHO IS OBA WHO IS LANGUISHING IN PRISON cheesy

Wawa Illiterate, you can't even write well. Your cursed people were slaughtered in Enugu and over 80 of them arrested, the joke is on you flatron.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by shukuokukobambi: 10:43am On Jul 25, 2017
Kyase:
thank you, i was telling one of my coursemate a year back that what i was hearing is yoruba, but the kogi yoruba rejected it.

He must have freaked out hearing a foreigner sing in his beloved language cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Kyase(m): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

He must have freaked out hearing a foreigner sing in his beloved language cheesy
i will show him your comment when next i meet him.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Yeah bro. After that Angelique Kidjo discovery, I went on a search and found that a lot of musicians from Benin republic sing in pure Yoruba and their songs are rich in all the attributes of good music cheesy

There's one that sings "bolojo". Very beautiful and gifted lady. I really wish I know where to get their CD's and DVDs

I go there every month for rest. If you know the title of those that you want, barring distance, i can get them for you.
I'm located in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by AbidjanOjukwu: 10:49am On Jul 25, 2017
IJOBA2:
BEG YOUR ISLAMIC MASTERS TO FREE YOUR KING FIRSTgrin

You should beg us to free your people first, 9th class citizen and 21st century slaves to all tribe in Nigeria. cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Guestlander: 10:54am On Jul 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnkK8VYq7HE

Zainab

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 25, 2017
Just like SW should make Hausa-Fulani their second language, their master will be happy
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by Guestlander: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2017
GreatSE:
Just like SW should make Hausa-Fulani their second language, their master will be happy

Do you folks have a difficulty comparing two things or situations that are similar?

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by OkoYibo: 11:04am On Jul 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

When I listened to that lady, I actually didn't know she wasn't Nigerian. Same wordings, rhythm and dance steps as ours here.

From my village in Nigeria to Rep of Benin is about 10 mins drive if on the highway. There are several paths which are unofficial and can't be traced by Customs and Immigration officers. These bush paths were what the NADECO men used to leave Nigeria during the Abacha days.

Nkan to so àwa Yooba po, ko le yẹ àwọn olórí pẹlẹbẹ ọ̀daràn burúkú yii.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by IJOBA2: 11:04am On Jul 25, 2017
AbidjanOjukwu:

You should beg us to free your people first, 9th class citizen and 21st century slaves to all tribe in Nigeria. cheesy cheesy cheesy
KOGI AND KWARA GOVERNORS DID NOT ATTEND SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS MEETING. I WONDER WHAT HAPPENEDgrin
Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by OkoYibo: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2017
GreatSE:

I hope the way you type is not how your brain works.

You type as if you are suffering from mental gonorrhea.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by shukuokukobambi: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2017
PenSniper:

I go there every month for rest. If you know the title of those that you want, barring distance, i can get them for you.
I'm located in Lagos.

That'll be generous and kind of you bro. Let me check out the ones I'll like and I'll get in touch

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by AbidjanOjukwu: 11:18am On Jul 25, 2017
IJOBA2:
KOGI AND KWARA GOVERNORS DID NOT ATTEND SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS MEETING. I WONDER WHAT HAPPENEDgrin

You mean governors from the middle belt should attend SW governors meeting? Lmaoooo. The human flesh you eat daily is affecting your cerebrum.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by CltrAltDel: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2017
Jetleeee:
Wow! this is interesting because...as far as I know, Fon is more spoken in Benin republic than Yoruba.

Wouldn't it be so lovely to see the Yorubas in Benin republic merged with their kith and kin in Western Nigeria? These guys are just exactly like us. And they are very hard working.

I just can't wait for that time when we'd have Yorubas from all parts of the world including places like Brazil, Togo, T&T, Cuba all in SW Nigeria smiley

Y'all need to see how much influence Brazilian returnees had on our architecture and the development of Lagos particularly. These are the people we need here. We should send these potor bricklayers developing the whole planet with Abiama cement to wherever they came from. I'm tired of seeing tennis racquet heads and bearded, mullah-looking women in Yorubaland. I'm tired!

Anyway...

nice one bro.... grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by CltrAltDel: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2017
AbidjanOjukwu:

You mean governors from the middle belt should attend SW governors meeting? Lmaoooo. The human flesh you eat daily is affecting your cerebrum.

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by PenSniper: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

That'll be generous and kind of you bro. Let me check out the ones I'll like and I'll get in touch

Okay.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by hundredhunndred: 11:28am On Jul 25, 2017
GreatSE:

Osu slave, the loyal slaves to all tribes in Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by hundredhunndred: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2017
Drogbs:

lmfaooo boy you are boring abeg

The hairy-livered cannibal is weak like his late father. Pathetic.

13 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by shukuokukobambi: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2017
Guestlander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnkK8VYq7HE

Zainab

Thanks bro. This is another of her songs. Very rich and she's so proud of her Yoruba heritage grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by hundredhunndred: 11:54am On Jul 25, 2017
[s]
Drogbs:

lmfaooo typical lame rebuttal from a low IQ slowpoke, at least I have a father who is very much alive, you were born from your mum getting gang-raped by the road side, you child of perdition, I would never diss the dead but I know you won't leave to see the end of these year.
[/s]

You are weak like Ojukwus manhood that lives on. You lied, your late father was stoned to death for bringing shame to your community, reason you were all banished from your cursed village. We need to trace your bloodline, and terminate all your siblings in other to cleanse humanity of your cursed and polluted genes. You should hurry up and die, so i can piss on your unmarked grave, You vile, worthless and less than nothing nitwit.

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic by GoldNiagara(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
Basic123:

Listen to her song. "babalawo"
purely yoruba. Yorubas has being associated with grammy award thampn any other tribe
femi kuti-nominated sade adu-won Anglequr kidjo-won sunny Ade-nominated wale-nominated
Add seal

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Tricky Storms Before Atiku / Anambra Landlords Protest Killings, Destruction, Multiple Levies / New Wage: NLC Proposes Sanctions For Defaulting Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.