Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce (6368 Views)

I Am Finer Than Beyonce And Shakira - Teni Apata Brags After A Complete Makeover / ”I’m Finer Than Beyonce & Shakira” – Teni Stuns In Makeup Photos / Davido Girlfriend Chioma Brags She Is More Beautiful Than Beyonce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by gideon1971(m): 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
fernandez1:

Don't say that crap again....footballers money is annually while musician is seasonings!!!!
stfu musicians earn more than footballers ni. hell even taylor swift made more money than ronaldo last year. oo is it because ronaldo topped that list of highest earning sportsman last year which he did thanks to the fact that maywheather didnt fight last year, bro take some cool aid ok musicians earn more than footballers.
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2017
fernandez1:

Don't say that crap again....footballers money is annually while musician is seasonings!!!!
Top 10 highest paid celebrities 2017. Only one footballer on the list, besides Jay Z, Diddy, Dr Dre, are worth almost abillion dollars, more than 5 times richer than ronaldo the richest footballer

Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
gideon1971:
stfu musicians earn more than footballers ni. hell even taylor swift made more money than ronaldo last year. oo is it because ronaldo topped that list of highest earning sportsman last year which he did thanks to the fact that maywheather didnt fight last year, bro take some cool aid ok musicians earn more than footballers.
what mayweather will make from his next fight alone is bigger than ronaldo's entire networth. These football fans are just deluded
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by FreshGreenLemon: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
Lol...comparing Ronaldo's fame with Beyonce's who pulls crowd at once in a year or two event. I wouldn't want to miss it either which doesn't mean she's more popular.
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by gideon1971(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
Deji124:
When i saw this topic yesterday i was like WTF. even neymar is more popular than beyonce not to talk of ronaldo messi even zlatan ibrahimovic is more popular than beyonce,
bey is not just more popular than each of them she is richer than all combined. the money bey made frm her formation tour was more than all these footballers made last year, google it
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by gideon1971(m): 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
ultimateballer:

Top 10 highest paid celebrities 2017. Only one footballer on the list, besides Jay Z, Diddy, Dr Dre, are worth almost abillion dollars, more than 5 times richer than ronaldo the richest footballer
nigga that list is fake j.k rowlings just dropped off the forbes list so she is worth way more than that figure nd bey is worth in the region of $500m or more ok
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by gideon1971(m): 10:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
ultimateballer:

what mayweather will make from his next fight alone is bigger than ronaldo's entire networth. These football fans are just deluded
hey bro am supporting beyonce. hell she nd her husband bought a new house worth more than ronaldo's 2016 earnings
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
Any event tagged" tour" is watched by both football and music lovers. It doesn't mean Beyonce is more popular than Ronaldo.
gideon1971:
bey is not just more popular than each of them she is richer than all combined. the money bey made frm her formation tour was more than all these footballers made last year, google it
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
Jay Z and Beyonce have been in the entertainment industry before Ronaldo became a world star. So it is expected they are richer than him.
gideon1971:
hey bro am supporting beyonce. hell she nd her husband bought a new house worth more than ronaldo's 2016 earnings
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
gideon1971:
I know bro, I was just raising the point for the ignorant people
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
Jay Z and Beyonce have been in the entertainment industry before Ronaldo became a world star. So it is expected they are richer than him.
And yet Beyonce and Jay Z made more money than him THIS YEAR too..
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
Any event tagged" tour" is watched by both football and music lovers. It doesn't mean Beyonce is more popular than Ronaldo.
So how is ronaldo more popular, why I'm angry at this argument is because ronaldo is not even as half as popular as beyonce to make it debatable. They are not mates at all
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by gideon1971(m): 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
to get such raves nd revenues from tours you have to be more popular than ronaldo. trust me.
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
No proof shows Beyonce is more popular either.
ultimateballer:

So how is ronaldo more popular, why I'm angry at this argument is because ronaldo is not even as half as popular as beyonce to make it debatable. They are not mates at all
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
gideon1971:
nigga that list is fake j.k rowlings just dropped off the forbes list so she is worth way more than that figure nd bey is worth in the region of $500m or more ok
The list is what they earned 2016/2017 alone, not their networth
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by gideon1971(m): 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
then what of the likes of mary blige, shania twaine, celin dion were not there b4 bey bt she is way over them now

1 Like

Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Yonce(f): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
ultimateballer:

You football fans are really crazy lol. Between football and music, which one does not have a language barrier? I posted photos of beyonce single handedly selling out football stadiums in non english speaking countries and you are still talking this nonsense of language. How can a normal human being compare football with music.Football is just one sports and there are many other big sports out there. You Nigerians think every country is passionate with only football like is obtainable here. You posted a screenshot with 51 votes from a nameless blog to justify your nonsense claim? You guys are unbelievable ignorant.

Football has absolutely no language barrier, especially when compared to music. The language of football is universal in that it requires no words, just a combination of skills and putting the ball in the back of the net. Easy to learn, understand and translate.

Besides, the superbowl is the highest watched sporting event in the US. It has more than four times viewership than the el classico.

Please don't embarrass yourself grin
Superbowl is watched by Americans alone, El clasico, The champions league final and even The world cup (the most watched sporting event ever) is broadcasted to the whole word. Ronaldo features in them regularly.
Football is hands down the most popular sporting event in the world, and currently along with Lionel Messi, Ronaldo is the face of 21st Century Football.

40,000 people dont come to watch ronaldo play, they come to watch real madrid play afterall the same 40000 people still watch the match when ronaldo is on injury or doesn't play, whereas more than 50000 people came to watch beyonce perform in spain, france, england, brazil, italy etc. not to talk of US

And how often does Beyonce tour? She tours once in three years to promote her albums. Yes, she's one of the greatest performers of our generation but she still lags behind in audience participation/gross earnings among her female counterparts like Madonna, Taylor Swift even Katy Perry. Check the audience receipts at her Lemonade tour. Her two Superbowl half time shows are not even in the top three most watched, Katy Perry is even ahead of her. That says a lot.

Talking about social media, popularity is not judged by followers but engagement, people buy followers on social media. Beyonce has the most liked photo on instagram, thats what we call engagement. Beyonce and ronaldo posted the same photo of their twins on instagram, beyonce had more likes, over 10 million likes. If beyonce is more than 10 times bigger than shakira without performing at the world cup, what does that tell you, was it not black eyed peas that performed at champions league final.

Selena Gomez once had the most liked picture on Instagram, does that make her nore popular than Beyonce? Nope. Selena's demographic audience are a bunch of teenage girls obsessed with IGing everything so it was expected. Beyonce's demographic audience is "black women and white gay men" and these people are social media crazy, she has a legion of dedicated fans known as the Beyhive that hype and worship her, Ronaldo's demographic audience is grown men and few football loving girls like myself, most are not social media crazy or even active. Both my parents know and like Ronaldo, but they're not social media active.
If Ronaldo, whose target audience isn't the normally active social media fans like the European teen obsessed with football still has amassed a wider audience than Beyonce across all social media platforms, that says alot for his popularity.

And for your information, he's been fearured on the "Most marketable athlete" list for 5 years straight, ahead of other American athletes like Lebron, Steph Curry and Cam Newton. That says alot, don't you think grin

You people need to expand your scope beyond football to learn other things. Beyonce is more than twice popular, famous and richer than ronaldo, its not close to be debatable.

Oh sweet summer child, I can sing about 50 Beyonce songs without missing a beat since she broke into the industry with Destiny's Child in 1997, I can also narrate every trophy Ronaldo has won since 2003 to you, I'm a huge fan of both so believe me when I say, Ronaldo is far more popular than Bey. I'm 100% neutral cheesy
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
No proof shows Beyonce is more popular either.
Going by her views on youtube, music sales and streaming, sold out stadium concerts worldwide, performances for world leaders, acting career, modelling, etc, ronaldo is like baby famous to beyonce lol
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by gideon1971(m): 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
ultimateballer:
The list is what they earned 2016/2017 alone, not their networth
OK
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
Naturally a lot of people like music. Hardworking lady like Beyonce is expected to pull crowd anywhere in the world. Plus she may not be visiting that country soon.
gideon1971:
to get such raves nd revenues from tours you have to be more popular than ronaldo. trust me.
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Yonce(f): 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
ultimateballer:

Going by her views on youtube, music sales and streaming, sold out stadium concerts worldwide, performances for world leaders, acting career, modelling, etc, ronaldo is like baby famous to beyonce lol

Hmmm, have you actually taken 5 minutes to read about Ronaldo's investments and Legacy? grin

Do you know he has a Statue in his hometown
Do you know the local airport in his island was renamed after him
Do you know he has a galaxy "Cosmos Redshift 7" (CR7) named after him in space
Do you know he has a museum in Europe
Do you know he has a fashion line
Do you know he has a life time deal with Nike
Do you know he was knighted by the Portuguese under British laws grin
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
I am not God bro. Everyone has his time. Some will reign till they die.
gideon1971:
then what of the likes of mary blige, shania twaine, celin dion were not there b4 bey bt she is way over them now
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by gideon1971(m): 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
Yonce:

Hmmm, have you actually taken 5 minutes to read about Ronaldo's investments and Legacy? grin

Do you know he was knighted by the Portuguese under British laws grin
and u forgot to add he has a bust that looks like the maker was inspired after whatching a horror movie. hu does museum and airport epp, he was given all this in portugal cos he is more popular than thier president sef.
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Yonce(f): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
gideon1971:
and u forgot to add he has a bust that looks like the maker was inspired after whatching a horror movie. hu does museum and airport epp, he was given all this in portugal cos he is more popular than thier president sef.

His country celebrates him. He's their biggest export to England since 2003. cheesy

I love Beyonce, she can do no wrong in my eyes, but half the time, she's all hype and no substance. Although I admire her for staying relevant when half the people she started out with in the industry like Britany Spears, Ashanti, Amerie, Christina Aguilera have all faded into the background.

She's still giving youngsters like Rihanna, T.Swift, Ariana Grande and Adele a run for their money, she snatching weaves left and right. cool
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
[quote author=Yonce post=59447837]

Football has absolutely no language barrier, especially when compared to music. The language of football is universal in that it requires no words, just a combination of skills and putting the ball in the back of the net. Easy to learn, understand and translate.
You sound like an illiterate. Music has a million more reach than football. Music is life, it transcends language. The current most popular song in the world, despacito is not an english song but it has over 3 billion views on youtube. Football is not universal, it is just another sports amd male dominated too/ Football is not popular in the US, India, etc

Please don't embarrass yourself grin
Superbowl is watched by Americans alone, El clasico, The champions league final and even The world cup (the most watched sporting event ever) is broadcasted to the whole word. Ronaldo features in them regularly.
Football is hands down the most popular sporting event in the world, and currently along with Lionel Messi, Ronaldo is the face of 21st Century Football.

According to Forbes

"The game was watched on TV by more than two million fans in the U.S., but the global audience was many times that. Four hundred million is used as a barometer for the TV audience of El Clasico, but that figure is wildly inflated. The actual number is likely closer to 50-100 million or more than any NFL game last season besides the Super Bowl"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/04/21/el-clasico-real-madrid-barcelona-game-generates-more-than-40-million-for-sponsors/

And how often does Beyonce tour? She tours once in three years to promote her albums. Yes, she's one of the greatest performers of our generation but she still lags behind in audience participation/gross earnings among her female counterparts like Madonna, Taylor Swift even Katy Perry. Check the audience receipts at her Lemonade tour. Her two Superbowl half time shows are not even in the top three most watched, Katy Perry is even ahead of her. That says a lot.
Go and check how much beyonce made from formation tour before talking thrash.

[s]Selena Gomez once had the most liked picture on Instagram, does that make her nore popular than Beyonce? Nope. Selena's demographic audience are a bunch of teenage girls obsessed with IGing everything so it was expected. Beyonce's demographic audience is "black women and white gay men" and these people are social media crazy, she has a legion of dedicated fans known as the Beyhive that hype and worship her, Ronaldo's demographic audience is grown men and few football loving girls like myself, most are not social media crazy or even active. Both my parents know and like Ronaldo, but they're not social media active.
If Ronaldo, whose target audience isn't the normally active social media fans like the European teen obsessed with football still has amassed a wider audience than Beyonce across all social media platforms, that says alot for his popularity.[/s]
absolute rubbish, does not deserve my comment

And for your information, he's been fearured on the "Most marketable athlete" list for 5 years straight, ahead of other American athletes like Lebron, Steph Curry and Cam Newton. That says alot, don't you think grin

Oh sweet summer child, I can sing about 50 Beyonce songs without missing a beat since she broke into the industry with Destiny's Child in 1997, I can also narrate every trophy Ronaldo has won since 2003 to you, I'm a huge fan of both so believe me when I say, Ronaldo is far more popular than Bey. I'm 100% neutral cheesy

lol, you have not said anything, tell us how ronaldo is more popular instead of sentiments, Ronaldo is far more popular than beyonce to ignorant people like you. Thats your opinion not facts.

Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
Yonce:

[s]

Do you know he was knighted by the Portuguese under British laws grin[/s]
So these are what made him more popular than beyonce? You are a clown simole. Do you know how many presidents beyonce has performed for including gaddafi in Libya? Stop embarrassing yourself abeg
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
Naturally a lot of people like music. Hardworking lady like Beyonce is expected to pull crowd anywhere in the world. Plus she may not be visiting that country soon.
This is a fact people like Yonce dont want to admit lol. Comparing a footballer in a male dominated sports of which over 70 percent fans and viewers are males to a world mega pop star whose fan base cuts across gender, race, language, nations etc
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Yonce(f): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
ultimateballer:

So these are what made him more popular than beyonce? You are a clown simole. Do you know how many presidents beyonce has performed for including gaddafi in Libya? Stop embarrassing yourself abeg

Well, I guess their popularity will always be subjective.

And please, it'd be nice if you argue without insults. It's not that deep, these people(Ronaldo and Bey) don't know us personally. cheesy
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2017
Yonce:

Well, I guess their popularity will always be subjective.

And please, it'd be nice if you argue without insults. It's not that deep, these people(Ronaldo and Bey) don't know us personally. cheesy
No insults oh, I just felf you were being funny. Sorry if you were offended.
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
If you are saying football is male dominated then Beyonce is not relevant in non-english speaking countries. Can you yourself sing any popular French or Italian song but you can mention a lot of football players from those regions.
ultimateballer:

This is a fact people like Yonce dont want to admit lol. Comparing a footballer in a male dominated sports of which over 70 percent fans and viewers are males to a world mega pop star whose fan base cuts across gender, race, language, nations etc
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by Yonce(f): 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
ultimateballer:

No insults oh, I just felf you were being funny. Sorry if you were offended.

Nah it's cool. El Clasico just ended, Ronaldo scored, nothing can offend me tonight cool
Re: Reasons Ronaldo Is Twice Popular Than Beyonce by ultimateballer: 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
Yonce:

Nah it's cool. El Clasico just ended, Ronaldo scored, nothing can offend me tonight cool
Barcelona are definitely missing Neymar, smh cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Have 18 Children – Veteran Yoruba Actor, Adebayo Salami “oga Bello” / Pretty Nigerian Igbo Girl Blows Everyone's Mind Online With Her Native Dialect / "Someone Is Getting Chubby"- Fans React To Bbnaija Bambam's Postpregnancy Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.