Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

So There Are Yorubas & Fulani's In NC But No Igbos In SS & NC? Really??? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So There Are Yorubas & Fulani's In NC But No Igbos In SS & NC? Really??? (6512 Views)

Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 / Enough: There Are No Igbos In Akwaibom, Rivers,bayelsa And Cross River / Throwback: There Are Igbos In SS - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So There Are Yorubas & Fulani's In NC But No Igbos In SS & NC? Really??? by realhumanity: 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2017
laudate:

The history you are repeating on this thread, is different from the history of Ilorin as it is told by indigenes of that town. sad From what I have heard and read, there were no promises of land by Afonja to Alimi, in any way. Is this something you made up? Like I said before, why don't you provide a link to the source of your story, instead of telling lies up here? shocked

If you need history, read from the invaders too. Afonja promised alimi that if he fights with him, he will give them lands in Ilorin. When he became victorious against the Oyo empire, he wanted to renege on his promise. That was why the Hausa's have laid claim to the state.

Moreover, kwara state is not a complete Yoruba state. we have the jebba ppl, the gwanara ppl and other ethnic groups in the state. What do u do about them?
Re: So There Are Yorubas & Fulani's In NC But No Igbos In SS & NC? Really??? by laudate: 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
realhumanity:
If you need history, read from the invaders too. Afonja promised alimi that if he fights with him, he will give them lands in Ilorin. When he became victorious against the Oyo empire, he wanted to renege on his promise. That was why the Hausa's have laid claim to the state.

Moreover, kwara state is not a complete Yoruba state. we have the jebba ppl, the gwanara ppl and other ethnic groups in the state. What do u do about them?
Supply the link or url to your story, about Afonja's promise to exchange lands with Alimi, so that everyone can read and verify. You were not born during the days of Afonja and Alimi, so that means you were not a witness to their agreement. How come Ilorin indigenes on NL cannot corroborate your so-called version of history?

1 Like

Re: So There Are Yorubas & Fulani's In NC But No Igbos In SS & NC? Really??? by realhumanity: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
laudate:

Supply the link or url to your story, about Afonja's promise to exchange lands with Alimi, so that everyone can read and verify. You were not born during the days of Afonja and Alimi, so that means you were not a witness to their agreement. How come Ilorin indigenes on NL cannot corroborate your so-called version of history?

An internet link where the same Yoruba's trying to claim Ilorin will edit to favor them? how many Hausa's write these things my friend.

if you need history in books and artifacts come to kano museum, you will enjoy history.
Re: So There Are Yorubas & Fulani's In NC But No Igbos In SS & NC? Really??? by laudate: 2:08am On Jul 29, 2017
realhumanity:
An internet link where the same Yoruba's trying to claim Ilorin will edit to favor them? how many Hausa's write these things my friend.

if you need history in books and artifacts come to kano museum, you will enjoy history.
Oga, the truth is that you cannot substantiate your lies. sad If there was any iota of truth in what you stated, a historian or any scholar of repute would have researched it and published it online. There are Hausa doctors, teachers and professors in the North. Now kindly get your illogical lying self off my mentions. undecided
Re: So There Are Yorubas & Fulani's In NC But No Igbos In SS & NC? Really??? by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 12, 2017
paschu:
I kinda find it so interesting that some Nairaland Yorubas crave to be united with their linguistic cousins (who are not necessarily their ethnic comrades) in both Kwara and Kogi states.

But somehow these same Nairaland Yorubas would throw tantrums, get aggressive and oppose igbos fiercely each time they see the Nairaland Igbos in the SS, NC and those in the SE seeking to reunite in real time.

How on earth can a people be so aggressively opposed to the very same thing they covet so much, simply because they see it in others?

Please enlighten me.
which of the igbos do u have in NC
hope u're nt refering to the Idomas?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nothing Will Stop Buhari From Winning Second Term......sarrki / Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) / Nigerians See Your Lying President; Watch GEJ On MEND 2010 And 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.