Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Are There Jobs In Uk ? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are There Jobs In Uk ? (24786 Views)

2016 CHEVENING MSC SCHOLARSHIPS IN UK UNIVERSITIES / Nigerian Graduate Who Shared CVs In UK Subway Now Hiring (Photo) / Any Jobs In Oil/Gas Sector? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by AjanleKoko: 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2010
tkb417:

yeah, stick to topic and dont give misleading info is what i asked

and oh yeah the topic was about some guys the OP tot could do well by coming home instead of 'roasting' in UK;
its not really about if there are jobs in the UK or not. I hope we are clear

and to the other irrelevant detail and also to burst your bubble, i wont know if there are search engines for jobs for your kinda person cos i dont roam with your kinda travel document/passport
typical 9ja man

@tkb,
I no even know say na you, so I'll let it slide.
However, topic as I read it is 'Are there jobs in the UK?', not 'Do Nigerians have jobs in the UK?' You sure say you read the topic?
In any case, why would I want to discuss Nigerians suffering in UK? There are Englishmen suffering in the UK as well. Just like you have many Nigerians suffering in Nigeria. Period.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by AjanleKoko: 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
pafun:

Typical Nairaland responses

Poster : I wouldn't consider living abroad

NLanders : Oh it is because he wasn't given visa. Bad belle.

Poster : I have lived abroad and returned home , and I prefer being home

NLanders : Oh , na lie he must have been deported. Bad belle

Poster: I think UK is over rated

NLanders :silly man is Nigeria better. Shut your mouth.

Poster: Are there jobs in UK ?
NLanders :Are there jobs in Nigeria ? Me I no dey clean toilet sha o. I be proper legit with red pali. Na God go punish you for your foolish talk

Dem talk oyinbo pass Englishman

You sef dey find trouble.
Your post read 'Are there jobs in the UK?' You should have just stuck to that. Rather you turned it to 'Nigerians in the UK are roasting!'
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2010
Well, as for me, all i know is that once am through with my masters here,am returning back to nigeria,to go and take advantage of the opportunities which abound for intending entrepreneurs,  cheesy
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by jaybee3(m): 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2010
AjanleKoko:

You sef dey find trouble.
Your post read 'Are there jobs in the UK?' You should have just stuck to that. Rather you turned it to 'Nigerians in the UK are roasting!'

Dude seriously has nuff beef for the UK. Going by one of his previous thread on NL https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=178578.msg2887694#msg2887694 you will see that their is more to his hatred of the UK.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by tkb417(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2010
jay bee:

Dude seriously has nuff beef for the UK. Going by one of his previous thread on NL https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=178578.msg2887694#msg2887694 you will see that their is more to his hatred of the UK.
i think so hence the reason i stopped posting
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by londoner: 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2010
@Jay bee, thanks for posting the thread, it gave some insight to the OP's possible intention in creating this thread.

Lol, he/she seems to have an issue with the UK.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by tkb417(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2010
AjanleKoko:

@tkb,
I no even know say na you, so I'll let it slide.
However, topic as I read it is 'Are there jobs in the UK?', not 'Do Nigerians have jobs in the UK?' You sure say you read the topic?
In any case, why would I want to discuss Nigerians suffering in UK? There are Englishmen suffering in the UK as well. Just like you have many Nigerians suffering in Nigeria. Period.
You havent mastered this NL very well cheesy
ask debosky and Jaybee , we sometimes 'throw' at each other cos we definitely cant be on the same page all the time

cos u be my Oga no mean say i no fit challenge you na cheesy cheesy
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by annekix(m): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2010
@ disguy
     and sexxy

*i also have a friend here who always loved basketball in 9ja, he came to uk for a uni course and masters joined a basket ball team in school, na so the guy turn the school kobe bryant( there were only 2 black guys on the team and he was the best), this nigga has like 900 pictures (i'm not joking) of him with white people  having fun clubbing, partying, having fun graduating and one with neyo on stage, yes, Neyo,  he organized a school event with his team mates and invited neyo , the school fell in love with him.

my guy performed with neyo on stage sha! ( this na pesin wey we dey chop olaiya amala for surulere!, lol)
you need to see this guys facebook page, i was inspired.
oh and he has over a thousand friends 70% white

er okay, okay, i guess i gotta explain myself there, lol

i know it was sorta outta point but there is a lessons to be learned there,

you see ive noticed some naija folk come to uk and still only hang out with the same nigerian's still do the same things , nigerian clubs, nigerian food, nigerian churches
(i'm not saying there is anything wrong with that o!), lol
                                               , but check it out, in the end u still have a nigerian mentality in uk and your looking for a good white collar job?
and you end up nagging and settling for less!

but check it,  your in a new land, it makes sense to make new friends with people of different races, Networking, and selling your skills  instead of scurrying getting ideas from the same group of people who have been complaining since before u got there, what good advice would dey give u, tell me?
   if u want to fly would u take advice from a penguin?

i'm sure i could get a good reference from the bible, but, er, i cant think of any hee, heeee! grin

Okay, lemme take Nysc for example instead.
   the purpose is to broaden your mind to other people and their culture's abi?
if you get posted to kaduna
    and only roll with your friends who speak your language eg igbo, you'll come back to lagos complaining that kaduna is hell, no job and all.

but if you mix well, learn the culture's make new hausa friends eat with them, learn to talk like them speak thier language ( without 4getting where u come from) when you are in thier midst you will surely get alot of favours (plus i heard i works wonders when your bargaining for food stuff in the market place, ladies take note, lol), eventually out of every other lagosian, they would bond with you the most, so if their is any job, contract or business they would rather give you to handle it than any other person you end up getting a good job and u fall in love with a lovely hausa wife get married and live happily ever after!, lol

like i said its a different approach for everybody,
 my friend used his charisma, charm and basket ball skills to network his way into a good job to the point he ended up having more white friends than black, ( not that thats important)he also made alot of notable achievements like bringing neyo down ( events management skill and yess i'm sure you can put that down on a C.v as an achievement),also he's still down to earth i called him and we laughed about the time at olaiya and we still flow in pigdin, lol (thats y i brought that up.

i'm not saying you should go and start stalking the white folk and forcing them to be friends o!
                                                                                                                                    ha, my hand no dey, o! grin

im jus saying you gotta ask your self what do i have to offer here?

what skills do i possess that can make me stand out and be recognised by these people?

will i come here experience every thing uk has to offer and make myself useful?

am i really an interesting person worth knowing at all?

do i deserve respect, ?

do i deserve a good job?

do i deserve to succeed in life where ever i find myself, what ever land i may be in, the uk, the states, bulgaria, whateva?

i no know about unna but as for me,

my answer to all these is yessss!

there are many opportunities for you to show what u got, the internet is a valuable tool.
make new friends regardless of race make an effort to know more about them, join voluntary programs find a chance to show your talents, wether its basket ball or accounting to singing in church

hey,  another example is the movie Avatar,  yess i know sounds ridiculous huh?, lol

jake skully going to pandora ,  and becoming a hero and a legend among a blue alien race,  he became their leader, even though he was human.

er, another example is barack obama,  i know sound more ridiculous, innit?
watch how he talks, the schools he went to his peer group and his dressing, do you notice anything?
why did the whole of america fall in love with this guy, this black guy, what's so special about him?, why did he out of every other black guy that ran for the presidential seat make it?
because the guy did his homework and he did it well.
study his biography,  regard less of his african background,  his social backgrounds,friends ( now i dont really see some one like obama sitting down with lil jon in the club, er do you?)and his ambitions took him to where he is today.
the white folks musta took a look at him and said "hmm,  he's alright",

tell me if my friend dat played basket ball for the school decides to go into politics in the university's city now, he would have equal backing from both races white , black whareva,
they would be like, "hey its that dude dat played for our uni, lets vote for him!"

anyways, maybe i didnt package the facebook example well, but i hope y'all understand what i mean now,  undecided

dont mind whoever these posters r trying to demotivate and demoralize others as if they are God,
making fun of others sad situation, and on sunday/friday they'll go to church/mosque, eh?

ignore people like these in life, every once in a while people like these will come to you and bring doubt to your heart, avoid them at all costs, folk
check out the deceptive title of the thread, does the person sound normal?

Any ways, i'm here to spread this simple message!

if you think small u'll remain small where ever you are, uk or naija.
but if you think Big, my broda , sky is the limit,
its all about being sharp,

But last last, it's all in Gods hands!,
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2010
jay bee:

Beef ko , panla ni.

londoner:

@Jay bee, thanks for posting the thread,[b] it gave some insight to the OP's possible intention [/b]in creating this thread.

Lol, he/she seems to have an issue with the UK.

Dem talk oyibo pass Englishman. Dis one get meaning so ? I wrote about men  living  like worms , you misinterpreted it into attack on UK. You go school so?
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by tkb417(m): 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2010
lol
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by tbaba83(m): 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2010
bad belle to dis extent is always instigated by some unknown experiences. chai when will nigerians learn to mind their buziness and live their lifes. noone follow u come dis world. face ur work mn leave other people alone.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by sexxxxy(f): 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2010
@ Londone

wot type of assistance?he should employ them in his fishing /farming business?,

to dey do wot there?, help fetch water for the fishes or cultivate soil,
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by 9jauk: 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
Pafun u must be a retard,bloody farmer at the end of your trip the so called friend u visited you go they expect am to buy u loads of T shirt n Chelsea top ode.
Obviously u stocked with ur farming,htr are loads of oppurtunity in UK,depending on ur immigration status.
I earn £150 for 8hrs as a credit controller 1.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by londoner: 7:00pm On Feb 09, 2010
@Sexxxy, assistance can be in any form, from advice, or even some encouraging words, and yes if need be financial or even introduction to the right people who can help out. I think the OP did say, people can make it in Nigeria if they have friends who can help and I wondered if he saw himself as one of those helpers or just a simple gossip.

By assistance, I mean something more useful and friendly than running the man down on an internet site. At the end of the day, if I have a friend who is in need, I will at least put them in touch with people in their field I may know or pass on any job adverts I may see. We even have a job section here, I wonder how many the OP has posted to his/her "friend".

@pafun,  "men living like worms"? I thought the people you are talking about were supposed to be your friends. With friends like you, who needs enemies. They do say familiarity breeds contempt.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by londoner: 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2010
Pafun wrote:

The choice belongs to everybody like him of course. Standard of living in Nigeria is awful believe me but you can still make yourself comfortable with help of friends if you have any. If not hey at least go do early morning work cleaning office even though I hear these jobs are even scarce now. I cannot accept to be fed by a woman  wife or whatever  when I am able-bodied.

I guarantee you if you have the courage to return home you will make it - as long as you don't stay in Lagos searching for job. If you  stay one year in a sane town where you are paying equivalent of 1000 pounds a year to rent a whole house (when you pay the same amount in a year  for a single room in London!!)  ideas will surface in your head quickly because you know that you don't want to go and suffer again in London.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by AngieFan(f): 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2010
I would like to say that I have the utmost respect for anyone who has resorted to cleaning toilets, washing corpses or sweeping the streets for an honest living.
Much for respect for anyone who sees corruption, 419 or the duping of innocent people of their hard earned cash as an honest way to make a living. I wouldn’t even spit on such people.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by AngieFan(f): 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2010
Thread diversion!!!

Can someone tell me where I can get a room for £1000 a year in London?

1000 pounds a year to rent a whole house (when you pay the same amount in a year for a single room in London!!)
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by tkb417(m): 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2010
12,000 GBP a year for a room in London?
what part of London be that o
wouldnt it be better to kuku pack to a hotel where ill spend less than 100 GBP per day with meals guaranteed grin grin grin

Pafun is goin crazy grin
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by londoner: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2010
pafun:

Beef ko , panla ni.

Dem talk oyibo pass Englishman. Dis one get meaning so ? I wrote about men  living  like worms , you misinterpreted it into attack on UK. You go school so?

@Parfun, Lol, not everyone on this site who is abroad, came abroad from Nigeria. I was born and raised in the UK, schooled from nursery to University here. Its called clearly written English.

Let me explain my post. Having seen your earlier thread, It accounts for your underlying sentiment here.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by hackney(m): 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2010
@poster

YES.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2010
@Poster

why do u have so much hatred about Naija - UK

Wetin? all hands are not equal - u find ur way out, cool,

people are suffering in naija likewise Uk

because u re making it in naija doesn't mean you have the right to condemn ppl in UK etc,

You better thank God for ur life and don't let the table turn over u
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by surveyProf(m): 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2010
There is no place like home shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by annekix(m): 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2010
damn that my last post was loong,
@ sexxxy and dis guy
hope i answered your WTF querries above^^^^^

any ways change of topic this thread is fueling senseless beef , speaking of beef, boy, i'm hungry.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Redman44(m): 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2010
Manifest Destiny is what happens at the end of the day, mates. I know people that are doing doing the so called shit jobs in the UK and are propping their family up in Nigeria. I won't advise Nigerians abroad top do shit jobs forever but they should be focused.

@ Pafun, how many lives have you touched with your successful business? What are you doing to inspire teenagers and youths in your community in Nigeria? With your comfortable status in Nigeria, have you thought of organizing free seminars on Fish farming [ as a way of Corporate Social Responsibilty ] for youths in your church and area? I'm waiting for your response, my guy.

Cheers.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pappilo(m): 7:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
Thanks Jaybee. now I get it.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by manny4life(m): 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2010
@OP welcome to the real world of crisis. There's unemployment everywhere especially if you don't have what it takes, you'be left behind for sure. Then again its pride that affects a lot of people and before u know it debt piles up and by the time they know it, they declare for bankruptcy. Well, good luck to them and I hope they get jobs.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2010
Half knowledge or half education is a bad thing o!
AngieFan:

Thread diversion!!!

Can someone tell me where I can get a room for £1000 a year in London?

OK wrong calculation - you will be paying 5000 pounds a year for a ratty room in London while you can pay 1000 for a whole house in Abeokuta.
Now i am convinced that most of the ppl who hang out on Nairaland went to Koranic school (Ile kewu)
All I have been reading for the past day in this thread is Laila illala  Laila illala   UK illala   UK illala  Laila illala  Laila illala grin

Can you not read and understand simple English ?  I don't even know how some of you ever managed to get to UK.  Abi na Ori olori  you carry ?
My last post here.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Benuromi: 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2010
Hello Pafun, you are totally wrong with all your comment. i think you need abit or if not more of education because everything about you is ignorance. I have lived in UK for 5yrs and happily married. i lost my job last year November and got a new job last month. if you think that all about UK is pay bills. I can tell you that i have 3 houses in Nigeria. me and my wife lived our own mortgage. evening if i pay bills, i can still invest. i work in BAA security since last month and my wife have being working there for 9yrs now.
Why can`t you just do something positive about your life or channel all this energy you used to destroy your so call friend into the business you said you have ( sort of).
I have alot of friends who do different types of job and they are all doing well ( they got project back home).
All i want to say to you is that, you are so foolish to talk about your friend here. You will remain a fool if you don`t change.
I can send you my number and am coming to Nigeria next week and i will show you alot to prove to you that we don`t only pay bills but invest. Try and learn.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 10:09pm On Feb 09, 2010
Benuromi:

Hello Pafun, you are totally wrong with all your comment. i think you need abit or if not more of education because everything about you is ignorance. I have lived in UK for 5yrs and happily married. i lost my job last year November and got a new job last month. if you think that all about UK is pay bills. I can tell you that i have 3 houses in Nigeria. me and my wife lived our own mortgage. evening if i pay bills, i can still invest. i work in BAA security since last month and my wife have being working there for 9yrs now.
Why can`t you just do something positive about your life or channel all this energy you used to destroy your so call friend into the business you said you have ( sort of).
I have alot of friends who do different types of job and they are all doing well ( they got project back home).
All i want to say to you is that, you are so foolish to talk about your friend here. You will remain a fool if you don`t change.
I can send you my number and am coming to Nigeria next week and i will show you alot to prove to you that we don`t only pay bills but invest. Try and learn.

Another pafun - basher. Okay next person take a number and get in line.

[thank god pafun is not my real name kiss]
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by rafcrown(m): 10:12pm On Feb 09, 2010
In UK you keep on applying for jobs from tIme to time till you get what and where you like
There are employment opportunities coming out from time to time
Though expensive to live here but with the salary I can do all great things and afford all needed things
I take care of kids,relatives and friends
Transportation nko,
Elections without hullaballo
Jobs and frequent good and excellent training
Ability to travel round the world EU,US,
Making International friends
THINK WELL BEFORE YOU RELOCATE TO NIGERIA-AFTER 2 YEARS -GENERATOR,FUEL CRISIS,ARMED ROBBERS,BRIBERY
THEN MONEY DON FINISH
IF YOU HAVE NO LINK TO THE LOOTERS AND NATIONAL RULERS/RUINERS I LOVE NIGERIA AND I LOVE UK
WE SHOULD NOT FORGET NIGERIA,THOUGH ,BECAUSE HOME IS HOME
IF YOU CANNOT STEAL,GET BRIBES,DO YAHOOYAHOO,KILL FOR RITUALS ABROAD IS GOOD AND COOL
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by jaybee3(m): 10:13pm On Feb 09, 2010
i honestly don't understand why we even bother giving u any audience.  grin grin grin
can u now go in peace since u've succesfully displayed ur gnorance
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by debosky(m): 10:18pm On Feb 09, 2010
Undue criticism of the OP here - he made a comment about his friends in particular and about the 'sad faces' he saw in a church. That does not imply a blanket condemnation of the UK or wholesale praise of life in Nigeria.

An individual's views is often borne out of personal experience. In his own opinion, staying at home at 40 is unacceptable - he'd do whatever is necessary to work an earn a living without depending on his wife for sustenance. That is all he's said, and the UK defenders come out in full force.

As always he can't say too much about others experiences, just his and his own worldview.

Like someone said, you can't base your life on another person's template - examine whatever situation you're in and decide what is most important to you. Some will applaud you for it, some will insult you for it, but do the best thing for yourself and your family.

The UK is no picnic, and Nigeria is no tea party either. People are making good livings in both places - the key is for each individual to make his own decision and give it his absolute best.

My contribution would be similar to one previous - don't look down on people simply because they aren't well off, and in whatever way you can, give them assistance - in word, in kind, in cash, in connections, whatever you can do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The 419 Company Needed A Female Donkey / Screenshots Of My Conversation With A Chinese Recruiter Lol / Searching for a job? Click here to get free CV templates, interview tips etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.