Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members (37789 Views)

Cross River PDP NASS Members React To FFK's Threat. Expose Governor Ayade / Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe / Senate Proposes Amendment To Immunity For Vice-Presidents, Governors And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by IDnoble1: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
vedaxcool:
The likes of Shehu Sani are a disgrace to humanity who cannot even stand for values they claim to espouse. We must rise up against these brand of criminals who are currently in the NASS.
Yes! we must and we can. I believe we can demolish their kingdom built on selfishness, if not now , during the voting period comes 2019, we can teach them lesson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by jjjjj2017: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
GOD BLESS NNAMDI KANU, NIGERIA IS INDEED A ZOO!!!
THUNDER FIRE ALL APC APOLOGISTS!!!

4 Likes

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by kibra4u(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
This roughs are not out there for the masses. They are only there for there own selfish reasons and this is even the more reason why this country must break away. The masses must rise and revolt, we cant continue like this.......
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Stmiceel(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
So far so good. Bukola's agenda activated.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by AreaFada2: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
Shebi they were hailing bill to stop Jonathan contesting again.

Next it will be bill to allow senators take your wife and no consequences. cheesy grin
They say do not ask for whom the bell tolls, for it tolls for you too.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by MTKbudapest(m): 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2017
u want to be immune so ibrahim magu wont get at u.
Thives!
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2017
These guys needs to killed but slowly. The earlier Nigerians smokes the nearest politicians to them the better. Nigeria can never be better if these guys are still breathing while at the helms of affairs

1 Like

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Dasgoro: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
This is daylight robbery.

1 Like

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Wolexpoly: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
CABALS BE LIKE.......U NEVER SEE ANYTHING...WE COVERING OUR TRACKS BRUHAHAHAHA

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Lovetoglory(m): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hmmmm. It is well o. But no doubt the evil that men do will always live with them. ]
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Yusuf54: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2017
To Me ooooo,Nigeria is a curse nation with corrupt leaders..
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2017
Alariwo2:

it sure won't..

One arm of government can't give itself immunity without the assent of others (Executive and Judiciary). In short, it negates everything the public office stands for. If they get immunity, all public office holders too must get so noone can be held accountable.

They are so useless to this country.. don't know why they've not been scrapped
They senators are a bunch of no-goods milking this country dry. Now they want to become untouchable, I do not see the Buhari or Osinbajo assenting to this amendment. It's dead on arrival. #ScraptheSenate
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by plaetton: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2017
senatordave1:
You guys misunderstand the whole process.that tweet was not the full news.channels tv gave the full details,they are to have immunity only from any act they commit within the precincts of the national assembly not outside the precints so its limited immunity and the the state assemblies may veto it
What nonsense are talking about?
So, if they molest women, commit pen robbery, or conspire to commit Treason within their sacred precinct, then that should give them immunity ?
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Tuoyofelix(m): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
this does not suprise me. They are only securing their selves
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by sharonorg: 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
The problem is not those in government but we.We put they in power and I bet u if there's another election tomorrow we will still do same.They divide us with tribal sentiment, and so we occupy ourselves fighting each other instead of the common enemy.
The day we all unite and say no to this criminals then and only then shall we rescue ourself from our taskmaster.

1 Like

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by phreakabit(m): 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
No to power decentralization, but yes to immunity for rogues and thieves.
Each and everyone of them are thieving bastards, who deserve to be mob lynched.

Dissolve this bullsh!t country already.

1 Like

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by eliwa47(m): 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
Donald Trump: “There Is No Shortcut To Maturity, Africa Should Be recolonized
Speaking yesterday in Nebraska, Trump said that Africans are slaves living like slaves in their own land yet they claim they are independent.
Trump was responding to a question by a South African journalist on whether he thinks African leaders were right to seek mass withdrawal from the Hague based International Criminal Court.
“It is shameful for African leaders to seek exit from ICC. In my view, these leaders want to have all the freedom to oppress their poor people without anyone asking them a question. I think there is no shortcut to maturity and in my view, Africa should be recolonized because Africans are still under slavery. Look at how those African leaders change constitutions in their favour so that they can be life presidents. They are all greedy and do not care about the common people” Said Trump
“When I saw them gang up against ICC yet they can’t even find an amicable solution for the ongoing quandary in Burundi, I thought to myself these people lack discipline and humane heart. They can’t lead by example. The only thing they are interested in is accumulating wealth from poor tax payers. Before they think of exiting from ICC, they should first restore peace in Burundi and other war-torn countries rather than gathering like hyenas with the aim of finishing the poor people” Added Trump.
���� truth hurts

Forwarded as received.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by nobilie: 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
The immunity covers only words spoken at the plenary sessions or committee proceedings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Laple0541(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
senatordave1:
You guys misunderstand the whole process.that tweet was not the full news.channels tv gave the full details,they are to have immunity only from any act they commit within the precincts of the national assembly not outside the precints so its limited immunity and the the state assemblies may veto it

Being it limited or not, it's uncalled for esp. at a period when we are finding means to review those granted to the president and governors.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Lanceslot(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
What's the meaning of all this rubbish?
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Nigeriadondie: 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
vedaxcool:
The likes of Shehu Sani are a disgrace to humanity who cannot even stand for values they claim to espouse. We must rise up against these brand of criminals who are currently in the NASS.
Are u surprised with Shehu Sani, I am not at all. Shehu Sani and that useless common sense senators are all rogues. They ve nothing to offer. What saddens me the most is that some idiots wud blame PMB. Although I am no fan of PMB, the worse enemies of this doomed nation are d national assembly and the governors. Shehu Sani that cud only donate camel and radio as his constituency project do u expect anything better?
Has he moved any motion to enact laws that wud really tackle corruption and enshrinen accountability of public office holders?
NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA EVEN THE DEVIL HAS MORE HOPE OF MAKING HEAVEN THAN FOR NIGERIAN TO PROGRESS.
NIGERIA IS CURSED FAR BEYOND BLESSING AND FAR DOOMED BEYOND REDEMPTION.

As for the masses, let them remain docile and divided by ethnic and religious lines. Sorry for them as the leaders has mortgaged their future and those of their generation unborn while they do nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
Our sinators has finally voted 2 collect the immunization drug thus it's finish

Honestly this one weaks me
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by baby124: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
Such laws are illegal because they act in their own self interest. I don't think the senate should be allowed to pass laws on itself.

1 Like

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
obonujoker:

We must rise up against baba daura first.... he caused all these....
Dont be dumb. Buhari wont be in power for very long but the immunity clause for lawmakers will
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Pablo212: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
My generation my Generation, lost in deep thoughts, dunno what to even type.. God left this country long ago...
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Bgorgeous: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thieves
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by HarmonyDee(f): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
this is insane. what kind of representatives do we have? they are not even helping matters
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Lukgaf(m): 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2017
please let's pray to God instead.. I don't even know what to type
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Baroba(m): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
I came to check bigoted comments, surprisingly I found none, one day you will realise all members of NASS regardless of ethnicity are band of thieves.. una eyes never open yet..

4 Likes

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Dasgoro: 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
plaetton:

What nonsense are talking about?
So, if they molest women, commit pen robbery, or conspire to commit Treason within their sacred precinct, then that should give them immunity ?
Imagine the grave implication
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by 2bam: 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
Immunity for what nowwwww,if they are clean won't they fight for immunity?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ajibola Basiru: Buhari Pushing 1964 Northern Nigeria Decree On Cow Grazing Route / Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko / Bomb Blast At Dadin-Kowa Motor-Park In Gombe This Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.