Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826520 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by solastar2: 10:10am On Aug 27, 2017
Pls I would like to know what ur GPA both in Nigeria scale and WES scale are. I would also like to know if you have any publication cos am finding it hard to get a supervisor. I have no publication.
shadesofgrey:
Hello everyone,

This thread is quite resourceful, I must admit. I am posting this to encourage someone out there. The wait isn't easy, no doubt, but keep the faith, stay strong, above all...pray and praise! It may sound ridiculous especially when you see people who submitted way after you getting responses, trust me, just rejoice with them, key into that great news and watch God work for you. But I also need to mention this, do your research, be ready to know the "ins and outs" of visa application, even the bible says, "Study to show yourself approved..." Many a time, God wants you to take action, before He can begin to work for you.

Kindly see below my timeline:

Application submission date: 1st June, 2017
Medicals: Upfront - Passed 19th June, 2017
Additional Documents Review: 21st August
Review of Eligibility: 23rd August
Approval: 25th August (Morning)

Master's program with full funding.

To sum it up - Habakkuk 2:3

Have an amazing day!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 10:53am On Aug 27, 2017
Morning people, I need to understand something please, if an application has been on background processing for over two months, does it mean the background has comma because I don't get why they choose to forget some applications, they have even started reviewing August applicants already, this is totally unfair, no internal control whatsoever to give them deadline on people's applications, imagine having to wait for 4,5 months and still getting delayed, U.K. Gets loads of applications too, I wish there was a suggestion box or something, if additional docs are needed, they should just let the applicant know instead of just giving the silent treatment. God is in control & he surely knows best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2017
shadesofgrey:
Hello everyone,

This thread is quite resourceful, I must admit. I am posting this to encourage someone out there. The wait isn't easy, no doubt, but keep the faith, stay strong, above all...pray and praise! It may sound ridiculous especially when you see people who submitted way after you getting responses, trust me, just rejoice with them, key into that great news and watch God work for you. But I also need to mention this, do your research, be ready to know the "ins and outs" of visa application, even the bible says, "Study to show yourself approved..." Many a time, God wants you to take action, before He can begin to work for you.

Kindly see below my timeline:

Application submission date: 1st June, 2017
Medicals: Upfront - Passed 19th June, 2017
Additional Documents Review: 21st August
Review of Eligibility: 23rd August
Approval: 25th August (Morning)

Master's program with full funding.

To sum it up - Habakkuk 2:3

Have an amazing day!

Congrats!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:52am On Aug 27, 2017
Judgepelumi:

Is it possible one writes their minister of immigration or their Prime Minister cos this is totally unfair

It is totally possible. Write to Prime Minister Trudeau and if its not something he can handle, he will channel it to the appropriate department that can make it happen. Canada usually has its affairs seamlessly handled, except for this immigration debacle in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 12:18pm On Aug 27, 2017
Arebo:
Morning people, I need to understand something please, if an application has been on background processing for over two months, does it mean the background has comma because I don't get why they choose to forget some applications, they have even started reviewing August applicants already, this is totally unfair, no internal control whatsoever to give them deadline on people's applications, imagine having to wait for 4,5 months and still getting delayed, U.K. Gets loads of applications too, I wish there was a suggestion box or something, if additional docs are needed, they should just let the applicant know instead of just giving the silent treatment. God is in control & he surely knows best.

I read in one forum that during background check, your name may have a hit. It may be as a result of having the same name with someone else. Either way, your information will be sent to higher up security outfit for more checks. It is part of what causes the delay in the whole process.

Meanwhile, my background check will be 5 months soon and my eligibility review is now 3 weeks old but will be approved tomorrow

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
ibeli0:
pls tell how u finally conquered the challenge I need all the useful tips I can get I got delayed this month.
I have done that here before but my little advice is if you have a 2.1 go for masters don't waste ur time with PGD...

If you are done with NYSC get a job it doesn't have to pay alot just get a job that will show the VO you are busy in ur country and you have something doing

Money isn't all they need but pay little of your fees ask the school if it can be refunded to you before you pay like $3000 CAD it will show you are serious..I paid 4000 the school told me that's the much I can pay and get a refund if I didn't get the Visa

Make sure ur sponsor is family and we'll related coz they will want to know why he or she will want to spend much on ur education..better your parents ( if they don't have the money they can borrow but small small don't pack it in the account) it's a gradual process

Remember to pray always Good is the main thing no one is perfect Gods time is the best my 1at application was called for medical but didn't get it coz it wasn't God's Time.....so prayer also and don't give up....

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
Not necessarily because it's PGD it depends on how you presented your application. Share your profile so it can be addressed. You probably didn't do much to convince the VO on your intent of visit. Did you pay tuition ?

chrisb2r200:
Please I need help oo i got refused this month due to purpose of visit which I feel it's due to the fact I applied for PGD program am a graduate of pharmacology with CGPA of 2.9 nd the schools I wanted to apply for in canada says minimum of 3.0 or second class upper....i also have the intention of studying pharmacy pls wat do I do any school that offers prepharmacy for Winter section? Or what do I do to please the VO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2017
bbbclue:

summited my application August 1st and to my surprise i login yesterday to my cic online account and saw
1. we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Your eligibilty review was so fast, looking at the time of ur submission.
Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kenny4uu: 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
4 God sake NL ppl, is thr any body that av idea of university that can accept 2.2 for master in marketing? I really need it seriously cos I was refused last week on PGD so I wnt 2 try Master. Most of universities I av checked can only accept 2.1 Pls surgest university 4 me. Thnk u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2017
kenny4uu:
4 God sake NL ppl, is thr any body that av idea of university that can accept 2.2 for master in marketing? I really need it seriously cos I was refused last week on PGD so I wnt 2 try Master. Most of universities I av checked can only accept 2.1 Pls surgest university 4 me. Thnk u.

Why not get in touch with the schools you've researched and make your case to them? Not every rule is written in stone. Some requirements may be waived if you have relevant work experience, a well detailed study plan or you've completed a successful project.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
kenny4uu:

Boss,
Google will be your best bet here. You should refine your search criteria or keywords for optimal results.

People here might not have an idea of what you really need and "marketing" is of various forms.

Search more and you will find.

Happy sunday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbbclue: 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
Who did it jesus ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbbclue: 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Your eligibilty review was so fast, looking at the time of ur submission.
Goodluck

Even me am surprise oooo is just 27days and they are reviewing if i meet eligibility ......i can see the God of HALLELUYAH is working something good for me...i know i will meet there eligiblity.....i have faith in God of mercy.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by shadesofgrey: 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
EZEUDENE:

please help us with steps you took to get the visa

Hello, kindly read through part 12 of the thread and page 0 of this current session has a summary of important steps to take in applying for a study visa. If you have any challenges with what you've read, do not hesitate to contact members of the forum. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by shadesofgrey: 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
@petlaz, @abiriba, @bronze25, @glam444 Thanks guys, appreciate!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mightyola: 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Kindly advice.

I am currently in the US on a Visit visa, can I apply for my canada study visa from a country I am visiting?

Thanks

Pls we need an answer to this question..biko!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by shadesofgrey: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2017
solastar2:
Pls I would like to know what ur GPA both in Nigeria scale and WES scale are. I would also like to know if you have any publication cos am finding it hard to get a supervisor. I have no publication.

Hello,

My overall CGPA was 4.23, however, I had 4.85 in my last 2 years of study. I never bothered converting using the WES Scale. To be honest, securing a supervisor/advisor is a daunting task. I sent emails to several, got responses from few stating they weren't taking graduate students for the session, but I didn't let that deter me. I sent to a few more and eventually secured one. So, keep sending, ensure you tailor your message to their research. Focus on the summary of any publications they have, and when you secure one, you can read the publications in full to get a good grasp of their research. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2017
mightyola:

Pls we need an answer to this question..biko!!!

Make the boss go naija go apply.

We already had a sacrificial guy, who did it from UK and was bounced based on status in current country of application.

But the boss can be a second sacrificial lamb too sha, only say his will be from US.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aijayvee(f): 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2017
maygreaves:

list of TRV hopefuls (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
3. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
4.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
5. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
6. Kof99, March 9, PGD, Humber college, online route
7. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
8. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
9. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
10. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
11. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
12. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
13. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
14. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
15. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
16. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
17. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
18. Folumade1, April 19, Humber College PGC Global Business Management, Paper route, upfront medical
19. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
20. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
21. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
22. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route, Upfront Medical Passed
23. tysaxmalomo, May 2, MA, CMU, Online route
24. DeCrystal1, may 8, UG, keyano college, online route
25. uvagho,May10, MA Peace &Collaborative development, CMU, Online route
26. Yasmine04, May 11, M.sc computer science, lakehead university, Paper route
27. adiukuonyebuchi, May 16, PGD, college of the Rockies British Columbia, Paper Route
28. bosbebe, May 17, MBA, VIU, Paper route
29. Samo16, May 18, Masters in Applied human nutrition, MSVU Nova Scotia, Paper route. Upfront Medicals
30. Sugaro, May 16, PGD, MUN, online route, Upfront medicals
31. LightandDarkness, May 19, MSc, UofA, Online
32. deolutolu, May 26, diploma, RRC, paper route.
33. Tjaz, May 26, Master in Power systems, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals PASSED
34. Frankrobbn1, May31, UG, MUN, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals PASSED
35. McOsheBaba May 31, Msc, Dalhousie, Online Route
36. Cnwag, June 3, Msc, UOttawa, online route
37. DrND, June 5, MASc in Oil and Gas Engineering, MUN, paper route, Upfront medicals Passed.
38. Samjumbo, June 6, MSc. Rehab Sciences, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
39. 4Gzus, June 7, MSc , USASK, Paper Route, Upfront medicals Passed
40. maygreaves, June 7, PGD Financial Planning, Seneca College, Paper Route
41. OpeLovely, June 9, MSc, MSVU, Paper route, Upfront medicals
42. Emmane, June 9, PGC, Loyalist College, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
43. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals
44. Vanod, june 13, Dip International Business, Seneca College, Upfront Medicals
45. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals passed
46. mcobex, June 16, tech Dip, MUN, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed July 5th
47. Kayeyes, June 23, diploma, Northern lights college, BC, paper route.
48.Ceslause, Submitted 18th April 2017,MA French and Francophone Intercultural Studies,Univ of Regina,Upfront Medical,Paper route
49. Yitodoo June 5th, Msc, WLU online route app, Upfront Medical
50. Mabs16, July 4, UG, MRU, Paper route.
51. Jahluv, 23 June,Msc MUN paper route, no upfront medical
52. Grace101, July 12 UG, upei Paper Route
53. Mikky4canny, July 15th MSC, university of Regina, online route, upfront medical
54. Juicyboy126, may 9th, UNB MSC , computer science, paper route
55. Hallasheyi92, May 23rd, MAsc , MuN , online route
56. Jummolami , June 8, MSC Business economics, online route,upfront medical June 8, medical passed August 4
57. Moley22 August 4th,BSc Paper route,Biometrics done
58. bbclue, August 1st, BSC, university of Regina, Paper route
59. Ayonet....Humber College Diploma,May 23rd 2017 paper route, no medical ..............
60. Seunbussy, July 12, master of finance, SMU, online route, upfront medicals
61. Olusegun, may 4th (SP & WP for wife), PhD LIS, Western Uni, paper route, ned call on 11th Aug, Med passed.
62. Edialu, June 4th, Web Development PGC at Humber College, Online Route, No Medicals

any new applicants?
Yes na. Me!!!
Paper application June 7th,Masters MCGILL, med call Aug 21. Medicals done 22nd. Awaiting response

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2017
please what does the additional documents you provided are been reviewed ... is that the normal thing there after one submits d application under review of additional documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
Oben209:
please what does your additional documents are been being reviewed ... is that the normal thing there after one submits and application

Yes, it's the normal processing stage.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2017
Austinpee4:

Yes, it's the normal processing stage.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREAL: 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2017
i submitted a one year company sponsor and personal statement of account . could that affect my application- just been curious!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by segunojo866: 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2017
maziude:

Make the boss go naija go apply.

We already had a sacrificial guy, who did it from UK and was bounced based on status in current country of application.

But the boss can be a second sacrificial lamb too sha, only say his will be from US.

Hahahahahaha. Very Funny. Sacrificial lamb
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by primeson1(m): 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
Please, I heard of recent that with ICAN membership, you can get a study permit and visa to go to cpa Atlantic school of business and run your cpa conversion program.

Please has anyone tried this?

How easy is it to get a visa and study permit from naija.

I've sent mails to cpa Atlantic which covers new foundland, new brunswick and Bermuda, I was told ICAN membership gives one a waiver and then you complete the exams to get cpa and you have to be in canada to achieve that.

Please anyone has the experience here?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbsunmonu: 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hello guys,

Please i have a question, I have a friend that studied English and graduated with 2:1

Please what course can she apply for for her Msc in Canada that is related to her undergraduate course.

Kindly assist guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbsunmonu: 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
I got PPR after 8 months 19days, God can do the impossible

Ohcanada:

Hold on bro, keep praying harder about it. I have seen TRV that was approved after long period of time.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Hello guys,

Please i have a question, I have a friend that studied English and graduated with 2:1

Please what course can she apply for for her Msc in Canada that is related to her undergraduate course.

Kindly assist guys

There are lots of courses she can study but it all depends on her interests and goals. She might want to get more work experience if she's not sure the next step to take. Grad studies is a commitment and should not be undertaken on a whim.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ramsey04: 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
primeson1:
Please, I heard of recent that with ICAN membership, you can get a study permit and visa to go to cpa Atlantic school of business and run your cpa conversion program.

Please has anyone tried this?

How easy is it to get a visa and study permit from naija.

I've sent mails to cpa Atlantic which covers new foundland, new brunswick and Bermuda, I was told ICAN membership gives one a waiver and then you complete the exams to get cpa and you have to be in canada to achieve that.

Please anyone has the experience here?
Hello bro, my wife was admitted to CPA WESTERN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ,which covers Manitoba, Alberta and other provinces.with your ICAN cert.U will be accepted to CGA level three.At present my wife has applied for the Study permit since may 16,still on background check and Eligibility review.
What I can say is that if you granted visa, you will be able to work full time.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by BRANDYAK: 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
Dear you deserve it. Go and prosper . thanks for the explanation and you time

beverlyd:

Hello,
To answer your question, Before the application was made, i was already discouraged by few people who told me that a second masters will not fly because it was a similar field. In addition to this, i had what some would consider to be red flags. I have been rejected USA visa 3 times and i have tried applying for PR some years ago even though i submitted an incomplete application so it was not processed. I decided to put up a strong explanation letter.

I started by talking about myself and family background and how we were all raised to contribute to our society. I mentioned my siblings professions and how they have contributed towards socio-economic development in Nigeria. I talked about how i made my own contributions ...i gave examples of how i visited orphanage homes, how i mentored individuals/friends and a attached one or two pictures of such visits. I also mentioned some awards in the past which were related to socio-economic development in my place of service (during nysc).

I talked about how passionate i am about my career and because HR is the heart of any organization, it focuses on the welfare of its people. I said i have a natural disposition to want to help which is why i have chosen this career path. I also mentioned that its a bit difficult to find HRM in Nigerian universities at post graduate level hence the reason for seeking this course outside my country. I talked about various things i seek in a country where i want to study and mentioned stuff like multi-culturalism, high standard of education, peaceful setting, conducive environment for studies and i have found canada to cover all aspects. I quoted stuff from articles that may have mentioned them etc I went on to state my reasons for choosing my university in canada. I mentioned why i picked them instead of other unis and i focused on ranking in that field both in canada and worldwide and how it appears to be one of the few unis offering HRM without other course combinations like International business with HRM.

I explained why i chose to do HRM as a core course and explained that the previous MSc was a major in international business. I also pointed out that my promotion in present work place is dependent on me achieving a core HRM program. I showed evidence of this with a study leave letter from my company mentioning that and they stated they were willing to accept me at the end of my study.

Finally i talked about future goals which was to set up a job centre for my community as this has been a problem and that the theroretical knowledge obtained from the program would go a long way to help me accomplish that. I mentioned specific aspects of the program i would need to fulfil this.

I also highlighted some social organizations i was part of in Nigeria and mentioned important social events i have attended and what i did....all pointing towards commitment to my country. I never said anything bad about Nigeria but rather how to contribute to its development.

Lastly, i mentioned that i have started taking steps towards accomplishing my future plans by registering a company which can only come in full operation with the knowledge i will gain from the program.

Its also important to note that i was honest with the fact that i have been rejected in USA before and i gave reason. I was also honest that i have tried to enter canada before though it was not processed.

Lastly, i prayed most of the time and praised more than half of the time.

I hope this will help others too. So people going for second masters especially ones in similar field ...do not be discouraged. See you all at the top

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Hello guys,

Kindly assist guys

Boss boss,

Na you dey ask this kind question again.

It will be difficult for people to answer this kind question na.

Since you asked, make I try answer you.

1) It depends on her and her passion.

2.) It depends on 1 above.

3) When she is sure of her passion, she can use google to check out schools.

Like someone pointed out earlier, grad school no be joke especially for this side. She should really do this search herself instead of asking you to ask a friend. The chain of "ask" is quite long.

If she is not sure of what she wants, let her throw her question here listing her areas of expertise within her undergraduate course, then maybe people can give her some suggestions.

PS: Except there is something I am missing, your friend is not ready (No vex, na vex I use type my response grin).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2017
Twallace:

I read in one forum that during background check, your name may have a hit. It may be as a result of having the same name with someone else. Either way, your information will be sent to higher up security outfit for more checks. It is part of what causes the delay in the whole process.

Meanwhile, my background check will be 5 months soon and my eligibility review is now 3 weeks old but will be approved tomorrow

How can it show double hits with fingerprints/biometrics data check?? Not to talk of birthdate for same names is almost, always not identical.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.