Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826681 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
abestine:
Medical passed... Call on 29 August, medical done on 30 August, medical passed 3 September
.. God I thank you for everything
Nwanne, you are almost there. tnkGod for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by irohak: 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hi
Please advise me , are there any particular reason(s) why I have been going througn a tough time just to link my paper application to my online account. I have been trying to get this done in the past three (3) weeks. Or could it be that my application hasn't been logged into their system yet?

Do you have comments or advise to share on this?
Thanks for your time.

Kelechi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mikelincoln: 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2017
irohak:
Hi
Please advise me , are there any particular reason(s) why I have been going througn a tough time just to link my paper application to my online account. I have been trying to get this done in the past three (3) weeks. Or could it be that my application hasn't been logged into their system yet?

Do you have comments or advise to share on this?
Thanks for your time.

Kelechi
it happens @times wen u'r making a mistake somewhere in filling ur documents buh den I would say u may not be making any mistake as I had same issue wif linking my application den. I tried it for more than 2months b4 it was linked eventually tho I wasn't making any mistake. So keep trying it will later link up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lovesavvi: 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
thesoj:

@lovesavvi the parts in bold should be the most critical parts of your next application. How will your education be an investment in the future development of Nigeria? VOs need to see that you have a clearly defined plan on what you would do if you aren't allowed to stay in Canada after your studies (e.g. you run out of PGWP and don't get PR). All they need to be convinced about is that you are the kind of person who won't stay back in Canada illegally. Also, include all other business and professional ties that you have to Nigeria (tie it all together in a compelling story of how you'd use your Canada education in Nigeria). Your wife & kids alone aren't a compelling enough reason, though they are a good reason.

thanks so much sir, I will do that in my next application

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 10:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
aijayvee:
Application approved

Paper route
Applied June 7 , 2017
Medical mail received Aug 21, 2017,
Medical done August 22, 2017
Medical results sent to CIC Aug 23, 2017
Approval mail Sep 01,2017

* I was denied USA visa Once which I stated.

DOCUMENTS
1) Admission letter from the school
2) CAQ
3)SOA of sponsor (which had below $500 in it; I wasn't worried cos his investment and fixed funds were errmmmmmm... wink )
4)my employment letter ( I'm a public servant; paramilitary)
5) my payment slip (3 months)
6) school certs ( BA, MA, SSCE)
7) Resume
coolA note of what I been upto from 2003 - 2016. Didn't know why the guy at VFS office asked me to write that, so I just obey and penned them down.

That's all!!!

Congrats on the approval. Are you on scholarship or did you pay your tuition? which program are u going for, still masters or PhD ?

Congrats once again.

Cheers!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ibbravura: 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hi roomies.
Is really been a while.
Canada is cold o.
Nova Scotia is worse.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 10:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
bbclue:

My final decision space is also empty. ...

Mine was empty too but scrolled down to see the correspondent letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 03, 2017
afehin71:

Thank you, my intended course is social work and it has no relevance to my current activity and isn't it too late to change course and institute
Secondly, I included landed properties and I have my parents and a younger sister as ties
Thirdly, the SOA is a flowing account too

Hello Afehin71,

Like I said in my previous post, order your GCMS notes first for the detailed analysis (reason for refusal).

If your intended course is not related to your current activity, then you will need to either write a great SOP so as to convince the Visa Officer or you can re-apply for a course that is related to your current activity.

For the SOA, It might be because of a lump sum that was deposited into the account without showing proof of the source of the money.

Your GCMS notes will give detailed information about all these.

Best regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 03, 2017
tttttosin:
Good day to everyone here
I have been a visitor on nairaland for over two year
I have read as much as possible over the years but I would still very much appreciate direct guidance from anyone willing to guide me
I have a BSc in business administration cgpa 3.83
I am interested in pursuing a masters degree in supply chain and logistics management
Presently working in that field ( have been working for almost 2 years )
The universities I have interest in the most is University Of British Columbia
Will also be applying to Manitoba
I will also be taking TOEFL at the end of the month
And GRE oct
For university of British Columbia application for September 2018 just commenced

Now this is the areas I would need help
1 has anyone here previously gotten a MBA form the university ? I need to know cause I need to be put through on how to secure funding
2 although I have done much research on the institution and it fit into every I want I would just like to know more from anyone's personal experience

Hello Tttttosin ,

University of British Columbia is a top-ranked school. Is your CGPA 3.83 out of 5? If yes, I will advise you to apply to more schools (if possible, you can rule out UBC). Your chances of getting funding with a CGPA of 3.83/5 is low. (Though, it also depends on your last two years CGPA). You can apply to less competitive schools (like University of Windsor, Wilfrid Laurier University and so on) to increase your chances of admission.

For University of Manitoba, ace your GRE/GMAT exam and make sure you have the minimum score required before applying. It is always better to have the minimum GMAT/GRE score required before applying so that you don't end up wasting your application fees (in case your score is lower than the minimum score required).

Students going for research-based programs also have a higher advantage of getting funding than those going for course-based programs. Apply early and also follow up with your referees.

Most schools in Canada will waive IELTS/TOEFL tests for English Speaking countries including Nigeria.

I wish you the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by imoriafe: 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
Can u use only fix funds or both naira n fx for proof of funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by imoriafe: 11:54pm On Sep 03, 2017
And any pgd/pgc guys that has gotten trv recently?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nwakaegoabisola(f): 12:05am On Sep 04, 2017
Good evening everyone,

I would be applying for admission for September 2018 in Canada and I would be needing all the help I can get.

I want to go for a Masters in Public Health and sincerely I am confused. I hope you can put me through in your spare time like what city, how to prepare for visa, sending a killer application to the school. I have some schools in mind like UAlberta, SimonFraser, Manitoba, UBC and we all know application fee is not beans at all.

One of the things I am confused about is difference between MSc and MPH, in the sense that they say MSC is thesis based (E.g Alberta). So is it that in MPH, we won't do thesis of which I'm sure that is not possible.

Then the visa aspect, which would you advise paper or online route? Then home ties as well as sponsorship and also how to package an outstanding application to the school (especially the sop) because I'm not a skillful writer.

My profile is listed below:

First degree in Public Health, CGPA 4.29/5.00
IELTS: Overall band score, i am thinking of rewriting it.

Work experience
CSO in a bank: 2015 4 months.
CSO in engineering firm: 2016 - 2017 7 months.
CSO in an insurance firm: June 2017 till date.

Medical team member in my church for almost 8 years.
Also interned with NGO'S : 4 months
Volunteer experience also.
Interned and served at Lagos state ministry of health.

Thank you all very much and I would not mind if anyone could privately message me to put me through.

God bless and wishing everyone success in their endeavors.

@Justwise @yemdogg abeg I'm here o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 04, 2017
All ye prospective students for Winter 2018/Fall 2018, I welcome you all to "Canada Student Visa Thread" wink

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 12:34am On Sep 04, 2017
Igbouwanile:

would love to know what other things u used de bolded (Linkedin) for, apart from job connectivity.

I used it to connect with alumni of my school in my Calgary. If your university alumni group is registered on Linkedin, you can sort them by location.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 12:35am On Sep 04, 2017
glam4444:

smiley d address or d account number .
Uncle be specific.
I sent u a pm wink

lol! Una ehn! you too like ego.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2017
Mabs16:
Boss, thank God for safe landing....

Pls, how can I apply for MBA , if possible or PGD at U of Calgary? I hold HND insurance, working in an insurance company presently...

google search U of Calgary graduate programs and make a wise related choice based on your previous study and or years of professional experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 04, 2017
afehin71:

He asked you a question and quoted my post with it. cheesy

Cc: Irohak
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kallsy: 1:46am On Sep 04, 2017
Good morning House, I'm new here due been following the trend. I have not applied for Canadian study permit before. I have this details:
1. Addimission offer
2.Weac cert
3. B.Eng cert
4. Transcript
5. University Degree cert
6. Nysc cert
7. Police clearance... Pending.
8. Tuition payment.... Will be paid soon
9. Travel history...Nice
10. Certificate optained from India.

The tuition payment will be done through US, and the sponsor will be my father but the problem is....my father changed his name from KALU to Bethel all him landed ppties bears Bethel while I use KALU as surname. Does it matter?

I have not written SOP before, I have done one. I need good hands to go through my it for corrections. Any sample send to kalusunday@gmail.com

Please house, how long does police clearance takes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 04, 2017
nwakaegoabisola:
Good evening everyone,

I would be applying for admission for September 2018 in Canada and I would be needing all the help I can get.

One of the things I am confused about is difference between MSc and MPH, in the sense that they say MSC is thesis based (E.g Alberta). So is it that in MPH, we won't do thesis of which I'm sure that is not possible.

Hello Nwakaegoabisola,

*You have a good profile. @Bolded, why do you want to rewrite your IELTS exam? Most Canadian universities do waive English test for Nigerians. You can contact your program advisor for more details.

*Master of Public Health (MPH) is a professional master's degree in public health (course-based) while Master of Science in Public Health (MSPH) is more research oriented (research-based). The differences include:

Nature: MPH is a professional degree while MSPH is an academic degree.

Research: In MPH, there is less focus on research while in MSPH, the major focus is on research.

Career opportunities: In MPH, the individual can move on to a career in public policy, administration, education, and so on while in MSPH,the individual can find employment in NGOs, state sector organizations, industries, etc. However, mostly, the careers in MSPH are related to academia.

Note: Students going for research-based programs also have a higher advantage of getting funding than those going for course-based programs.

*A "strong" application includes good GPA (which you have), good SOP, great LOR, and good GRE score (if required).

*To spread your risk, you can apply to 1 or 2 top-ranked schools, 1 or 2 medium-ranked schools and 2 safe schools (low-ranked schools).

I wish you the best! smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:56am On Sep 04, 2017
oluswagger:
Police clearance concerning immigration is usually doneby Interpol. So unless Jos has an interpol office, it would have to be sent to Lagos/Abuja or the nearest interpol office.
Dont worry about where it is from so fatlr it is authentic. Let CIC worry about that.
Best of luck

The only place with an ability to run a background check in Nigeria is Lagos. Every police station in Nigeria send their background check to Lagos, including those emanating from Abuja. While Lagos runs the show, I think the different offices around the country enjoy the privilege when it's done to indicate on the certificate that it was issued by them, but checked in Lagos. You are right, where it is done or issued is not important as what the result is. Was only curious by asking. I like all my things to be issued in Jos cos I am little superstitious to think this city always forebodes good news to me. Lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:07am On Sep 04, 2017
SURGEE:
Just remembered to share this. This was also my prayer point

Why didn't you add in your prayers that God's will be done? It's one of the hardest thing in prayers to say, too bad many us as you don't want to include it. But it's the right kind of prayer-praying that God's will be done.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:45am On Sep 04, 2017
nwakaegoabisola:
Good evening everyone,

I want to go for a Masters in Public Health and sincerely I am confused. I hope you can put me through in your spare time like what city, how to prepare for visa, sending a killer application to the school. I have some schools in mind like UAlberta, SimonFraser, Manitoba, UBC and we all know application fee is not beans at all.

Then the visa aspect, which would you advise paper or online route? Then home ties as well as sponsorship and also how to package an outstanding application to the school (especially the sop) because I'm not a skillful writer.

My profile is listed below:

First degree in Public Health, CGPA 4.29/5.00

Work experience
CSO in a bank: 2015 4 months.
CSO in engineering firm: 2016 - 2017 7 months.
CSO in an insurance firm: June 2017 till date.

Medical team member in my church for almost 8 years.
Also interned with NGO'S : 4 months
Volunteer experience also.
Interned and served at Lagos state ministry of health.

Thank you all very much and I would not mind if anyone could privately message me to put me through.

God bless and wishing everyone success in their endeavors.

@Justwise @yemdogg abeg I'm here o

UAlberta is a great choice for public health and they have 5 international scholarships of $10,000 a year for public health. You don't have to apply, it's based on faculty recommendation after you have been accepted. Won't cover your entire expenses, but it helps. First things first. You should probably concentrate on the admissions and worry about visa questions later. Your questions are open ended to ad infinutum, I don't know where to start and end. Focus on putting a killer application and statement of purpose to school on why you want to study public health. Pay application fee, get two to three letters of recommendations and submit transcripts. In no particular order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aijayvee(f): 4:05am On Sep 04, 2017
RAY12345:

Congrats on the approval. Are you on scholarship or did you pay your tuition? which program are u going for, still masters or PhD ?

Congrats once again.

Cheers!!!

I'm not on scholarship. Masters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 04, 2017
Hey guys, checking in to say I've landed and settled down in my flat. This country is beautiful - fresh air, greenery and flowers everywhere.

Please o, before you stand in front of the Border Agency people, comot sleep for your eye - you know how the journey can be long plus my flight was delayed on top of 7 hrs layover. I have funding from my school yet when they asked me for proof of payment, I heard myself telling long story of how banks are closed because of public holiday in Nigeria. I was just blabbing. I declared foodstuff but when they asked me what it was, I could not remember! I stared at the guy for a very long time before blurting out "Millet"
"What is millet?" The guy had to turn to his colleagues and ask, "Have you ever heard of millet before?" "Do you mean cassava?"
"It's in the corn family."
"OK, sit down over there and wait for your passport"

Anyway, be ready for contradictions; My landlady was confident enough to leave my house key under the mat yet our garbage bin was stolen.

Please resist the urge to be crossing road sharperly. (iwas seriously tempted until one speeding car came out from nowhere.) PedXings and traffic lights are for your safety.

Wishing everyone well on their way here.

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 6:00am On Sep 04, 2017
poesy:
Hey guys, checking in to say I've landed and settled down in my flat. This country is beautiful - fresh air, greenery and flowers everywhere.

Please o, before you stand in front of the Border Agency people, comot sleep for your eye - you know how the journey can be long plus my flight was delayed on top of 7 hrs layover. I have funding from my school yet when they asked me for proof of payment, I heard myself telling long story of how banks are closed because of public holiday in Nigeria. I was just blabbing. I declared foodstuff but when they asked me what it was, I could not remember! I stared at the guy for a very long time before blurting out "Millet"
"What is millet?" The guy had to turn to his colleagues and ask, "Have you ever heard of millet before?" "Do you mean cassava?"
"It's in the corn family."
"OK, sit down over there and wait for your passport"

Anyway, be ready for contradictions; My landlady was confident enough to leave my house key under the mat yet our garbage bin was stolen.

Please resist the urge to be crossing road sharperly. (iwas seriously tempted until one speeding car came out from nowhere.) PedXings and traffic lights are for your safety.

Wishing everyone well on their way here.
Thank God for journey mercies,
That is mean peh we better start looking up English names of our Nigerian foods niyen ooh grin
May God do it for the rest of we hopefuls

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 7:18am On Sep 04, 2017
aijayvee:
Application approved

Paper route
Applied June 7 , 2017
Medical mail received Aug 21, 2017,
Medical done August 22, 2017
Medical results sent to CIC Aug 23, 2017
Approval mail Sep 01,2017

* I was denied USA visa Once which I stated.

DOCUMENTS
1) Admission letter from the school
2) CAQ
3)SOA of sponsor (which had below $500 in it; I wasn't worried cos his investment and fixed funds were errmmmmmm... wink )
4)my employment letter ( I'm a public servant; paramilitary)
5) my payment slip (3 months)
6) school certs ( BA, MA, SSCE)
7) Resume
coolA note of what I been upto from 2003 - 2016. Didn't know why the guy at VFS office asked me to write that, so I just obey and penned them down.

That's all!!!

Please what did you fill for funds available in your application and tuition, room and others? Cause u said it was 500$ that was in your sponsors acct?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by irohak: 7:23am On Sep 04, 2017
Thanks for your quick response. I really appreciate. I will keep trying as you advised.

Thanks again Kelechi

author=Mikelincoln post=60103925] it happens @times wen u'r making a mistake somewhere in filling ur documents buh den I would say u may not be making any mistake as I had same issue wif linking my application den. I tried it for more than 2months b4 it was linked eventually tho I wasn't making any mistake. So keep trying it will later link up
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by fgsamuel(m): 7:34am On Sep 04, 2017
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I started following this thread a few months back and really appreciate the effort to have put a golden sphere like this together over the years. However like many other people following this thread, I also need help.

I got a mail from fanshawe College, London, Ontario that I'm admissible to the program I applied for (Building information modelling) but I need to pay a refundable deposit of tuition of $2,300 before the admission letter can be issued. Please house, should I go ahead and pay the deposit?

My other concern is regarding the funding for this program. I intend to sell my nearly completed house and car which will raise me around $11k out of $16k Tuition, not including accommodation, feeding and flight...is it a wise decision to sell those stuffs as I'm sponsoring myself. Also, Hope the visa office won't tackle me with such amount in my account?

Guys please help me evaluate my chances, and advice me further!
Thanks in advance guys!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vickspider(f): 7:47am On Sep 04, 2017
Good Morning Guys,

Quick question, how long does it take for an upfront medicals done to be aknowledged by CIC.

I had my medicals done on the 22nd of August right before the application online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by senatonato(m): 8:12am On Sep 04, 2017
There is no specific time frame. Just keep checking ur account. I submitted my online app with upfront med on 15th July till now medical hasn't been updated.. So just chill and be prayerful.
vickspider:

Good Morning Guys,

Quick question, how long does it take for an upfront medicals done to be aknowledged by CIC.

I had my medicals done on the 22nd of August right before the application online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vickspider(f): 8:44am On Sep 04, 2017
senatonato:
There is no specific time frame. Just keep checking ur account. I submitted my online app with upfront med on 15th July till now medical hasn't been updated.. So just chill and be prayerful.

Ok dear thanks for the response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2017
Pls are u going for sept admission? Can u still make it.
Igbouwanile:

Nwanne, you are almost there. tnkGod for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.