Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) (83026 Views)

Fela Kuti Married 27 Wives And Took Them To Ghana For Honeymoon (Throwback Photo / Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter / Snoop Dogg Shares Fela Kuti's Photo On His Instagram Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by 12345baba(m): 12:22am On Aug 03, 2017
Beejay3000:
FTC KING

Keep working smart, FTC NO BE BEANS!!!!

C.E.O GRACE INC

FULL BLOODED YOURUBA SON!!!!!!!

IGBO/WEED BOYS I SEE YOU!!!
your such a dry pussy
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by KingSango(m): 12:24am On Aug 03, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Fela was an enigma.

He most certainly was, I was taught here in the U.S that James Brown had a huge influence on Fela Kuti but Bootsy Collins, the bassists says it was Fela Kuti that influenced the James Brown band. Fela was traditional African music and he used talking horns and mixed it with African American Jazz but Fela was way ahead of the sophistication of Jazz. Fela was an traditional African musician, liberator, thinker, intellectual, and very creative.

When James Brown toured Nigeria in 1970, bassist William 'Bootsy' Collins recalls, '[Fela] had a club in Lagos, and we came to the club and they were treating us like kings. We were telling them they're the funkiest cats we ever heard in our life. I mean, this is the James Brown band, but we were totally wiped out! That was one trip I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.'"
For the full text of the interview, click here. "The Big Fela"

In another interview, Bootsy also stated, "I thought THEY were the greatest, period. Even before I got
into James Brown's band, the James Brown band was number one to me. But once I got there and saw Fela and them, then I had second thoughts about it....when I heard these cats, it was like another dimension... a deeper feel to me...it was like, 'Man, this is IT. We gotta try to be like this!' [laughs]..." (Excerpted from Jaybabcock.com
[b][/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Iamsammy(m): 12:24am On Aug 03, 2017
These pple go just source for any news to make front page, and dem mods go just push am go front page laka DAT. Nairaland is falling
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by BarrElChapo(m): 12:31am On Aug 03, 2017
last pic. fela still holding a smoke #LEGEND cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by KingEjanla(m): 12:33am On Aug 03, 2017
tgmservice:
The Legend
His pants live on!!!
Not only pants, his manhood lives on
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by jayeoba92: 12:35am On Aug 03, 2017
favourmic:
I don't see any good example from this man call fela

Noting to be call legend with suck crazy behavior
its obviously and so vividly that you don't have elders. i also know life is difficult for d blind .....internally blinded!! you are a poo!
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by bellotaofeek: 12:43am On Aug 03, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Fela was sturborn and resilient.

No amount of flogging could break him.

He knew the truth and he stood by it.

He was a true hero. One we should emulate.

Unlike our Yeye and cowardice 2face grin
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by abels(m): 12:43am On Aug 03, 2017
Beejay3000:
FTC KING
Keep working smart, FTC NO BE BEANS!!!!

C.E.O GRACE INC

FULL BLOODED YOURUBA SON!!!!!!!
IGBO/WEED BOYS I SEE YOU!!!
i just hate tis una nonsense
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Ranchhoddas: 12:59am On Aug 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

Do u know he killed a young electrician that came to work in his house at gbemisola undecided

Tell us the story.

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:24am On Aug 03, 2017
soberdrunk:
Op this your English nah Kalakuta English ooo! "Soldiers also burn his house and throw his mother outside window, which later turn to the death of Fela mum" angry

He he...

"During the airport..."

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by pweshboi(m): 1:35am On Aug 03, 2017
NovusHomo:

"MUSIC IS THE WEAPON", probably the most stupid saying by Fela, the "intellectual", and even by anyone dead or alive.
Tell me what other means he would have used during the reign of a staunch military dictator? And secondly answer me if his music didn't send the right message and made an impact. And thirdly can u kindly in your vast knowledge of the things he should have done, mainly seeing from the angle you're coming from (he should have led a protest with arm bearing youths and go to the government house to shoot and chase the president out) shey?.... Lol too much American movies. Kindly give constructive answers to the questions above please.

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by edgecution(m): 1:41am On Aug 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After Fela Kuti,
The nearest with such bravery or even more is Nnamdi KANU.

Tuface had the rare opportunity to write his name amongst the braves but just an encounter with the DSS made him swallow his words.

You are definitely mad for comparing Abami Eda with that boy. You're definitely a millennium child.

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by demefa(m): 1:42am On Aug 03, 2017
greatman247:

Oga no Nigerian is as Brave as Fela or even near am. Nnamdi Kanu was a coward. Few years back he was singing One Nigeria during GEJ era, now Biafra, i'm sure he will change tunes again, brave people don't do such, thats mediocrity and sign of hypocrite. He is confused soul, who keeps changing as chameleon. No Nigerian like Fela, he stocked to his guns and didn't change even when they burnt down his house, killed his mum, jailed him severally, battered him severally and again he was a legendary musician who sang against bad vices during Military era while other Nigerian musicians sang praises of corrupt politicians to enjoy continuous patronage and not to suffer the same fate as Fela. Do they do one cent of such to Nnamdi Kanu? Show me one picture of Nnamdi Kanu where he was battered. He almost changed tunes again when Buhari held him hostage, he was begging for his life to be freed. Can Nnamdi Kanu agitate during Babangida, Abacha government and still be alive? Dem no born am well, but Fela did all these successfully.
U too much bro. Let him ask Ken wawa, M.K.O Abiola etc him go know say Fela na heavyweight

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by NovusHomo(m): 1:50am On Aug 03, 2017
pweshboi:

Tell me what other means he would have used during the reign of a staunch military dictator? And secondly answer me if his music didn't send the right message and made an impact. And thirdly can u kindly in your vast knowledge of the things he should have done, mainly seeing from the angle you're coming from (he should have led a protest with arm bearing youths and go to the government house to shoot and chase the president out) shey?.... Lol too much American movies. Kindly give constructive answers to the questions above please.

Oh well, music should be the answer when you are high on weed. Does that help?
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by NovusHomo(m): 1:52am On Aug 03, 2017
pweshboi:

Oh well, music should be the "weapon" when you are high on weed. Does that help?
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Praktikals(m): 2:22am On Aug 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

Do u know he killed a young electrician that came to work in his house at gbemisola undecided

How come na only u sabi?

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Tsmart1(m): 2:33am On Aug 03, 2017
[s][/s][b][/b]NEED CHEAP USED UK LAPTOPS CALL ME 09095620116
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:44am On Aug 03, 2017
ARMY ARRANGEMENTS!
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by darkhorizon: 3:10am On Aug 03, 2017
favourmic:

You clearly are an Ignorant person.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by goldedprince: 3:27am On Aug 03, 2017
soberdrunk:
Op this your English nah Kalakuta English ooo! "Soldiers also burn his house and throw his mother outside window, which later turn to the death of Fela mum" angry
lol
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 5:14am On Aug 03, 2017
just2endowed:

Am sorry to say this, Pls dont mention fela with kanu. Coz they are completely opposite. Pls and pls, I am not against agitation that eaterners are fighting for, but if u knew fela well, have u seen him condemned or incite violence despite his Mal treatment from the military government? U can't ever compare a legend to kanu. If u know where fela story had reached and touched in this world, u will hate kanu. Period

Was Fela not fighting the govt? Is that not inciting violence according to you lot? In fact Fela nearly caused war grin tongue
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by adellam16(f): 5:34am On Aug 03, 2017
Muckross1122:
This is the photo of Fela Kuti after being beaten severely by soldiers.
Soldiers also burn his house and throw his mother outside window, which later turn to the death of fela mum.

R.i.p To Fela Kuti. He his a legend forever.

Check More Via Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2017/08/see-photo-of-fela-kuti-after-being.html

your english needs epp! Lol!
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by LockDown69(m): 5:55am On Aug 03, 2017
His pants tho. grin e be like say this guy no too like clothes grin
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by remedick: 6:26am On Aug 03, 2017
favourmic:

what do u know about life?

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 6:29am On Aug 03, 2017
Praktikals:

How come na only u sabi?

I live close to fela cheesy

Trust me you were not born when this happened
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 6:44am On Aug 03, 2017
5DMindset:

The electrician may have stolen his weed, nothing mattered to Fela in life that weed and pusssy. The boy may have smoked Fela's weed and laid his concubine.

He lived for Cannabis and died for pusssy.

These are the only things you know:

Weed
Pusssy
Cannabis
Concubine

undecided
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 6:45am On Aug 03, 2017
darkhorizon:

You clearly are an Ignorant person.

You don't know fela that much if you do you will be ashamed to call him legend
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

These are the only things you know:

Weed
Pusssy
Cannabis
Concubine

undecided

What more should I know ?
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 7:02am On Aug 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Tell us the story.

There so much to tell but don't have the energy you live within the same vicinity of someone like fela you know there is bound to be issues

From Atinuke olabanji street ikeja to Gbemsola street close to Airport hotel down to Ipodo to his former shrine now computer village

Fela was not a good influence in the area. His name was synonymous to irresponsibility

When parents say to their child this omo fela it connotes gangsterism, Indian hemp smoker, thief and a prostitute.

The electrician he killed went to work in his house one thing led to another he asked his boys to gag him he used electric cable flogged the boy in the process he died.

This was big issue back them but some how his brother was minister of health, olikoye ransome kuti under the military back then used his influence to get him off the hook

Fela was formerly Fela ransome kuti, he changed it to anikulapo kuti

He had a famous bouncer Anigboro

I stop here no more

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by odogwueast: 7:13am On Aug 03, 2017
I wish he still alive to witness this government May soul rest in peace hero u be
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 7:15am On Aug 03, 2017
5DMindset:

What more should I know ?

How the earth revolve round the sun at least
Re: Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by aycorporat(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

There so much to tell but don't have the energy you live within the same vicinity of someone like fela you know there is bound to be issues

From Atinuke olabanji street ikeja to Gbemsola street close to Airport hotel down to Ipodo to his former shrine now computer village

Fela was not a good influence in the area. His name was synonymous to irresponsibility

When parents say to their child this omo fela it connotes gangsterism, Indian hemp smoker, thief and a prostitute.

The electrician he killed went to work in his house one thing led to another he asked his boys to gag him he used electric cable flogged the boy in the process he died.

This was big issue back them but some how his brother was minister of health, olikoye ransome kuti under the military back then used his influence to get him off the hook

Fela was formerly Fela ransome kuti, he changed it to anikulapo kuti

He had a famous bouncer Anigboro

I stop here no more
Thanks for the enlightenment EGBON, however what later happened to his twenty seven wives and which part of the village was his base? I like historical facts, so please pardon me. The said electrician while I was a small boy, I was told he pilfered and fela abhors stealing of any form. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Want Wizkid To Be The Father Of My Child" - Uche Okoye / Top 12 Sexiest Nollywood Actors 2019 / Patienceyisa: I'm Tired Of Being A Virgin, Is It Biblically Right To Masturbate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.