Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,406 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) (77751 Views)

Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village / Muhammad Ali Met Gowon In Nigeria In 1971 (Throwback Video) / "I Will Not Go On Exile" – Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by tomdon(m): 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2017
wingman:
Ignorant fools will continue ranting over what they do not know or understand. Do you all think that as shrewd as Igbos are they will easily forgive and elevate Ojukwu to the status of a legend if he truly ran away?
The worst fate and humiliation that would have befallen Igbos would be for Nigeria to capture or kill Ojukwu. The man was practically bundled into the plane in Ulli airstrip because he never wanted to leave. Just as declaration of Biafra was the collective will of Igbos, so too was Ojukwu 's departure for Ivory coast.
You ignorant kids can continue writing all the rubbish you want cause you do not know or understand what the man represents to Igbos.

I think this person has a point.
Ojukwu was just the leader of the vision that the people themselves had. He consulted wide
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by muffyt05: 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2017
[quote author=janykute post=59171560]
Mister I don't know you neither do you know me.Why would I come to a faceless forum to confirm to you what jealousy and envy would never allow you to believe?[/quote

Don't know you too but thinking everyone is jealous or envious is a very wrong thinking. Why on earth will I be jealous or envious of you,still can't get the reason why
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TRUTHTOPOWER: 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2017
potent5:

I just don't get the way you keep twisting the narrative, making sound as if Ojukwu sacrificed his people. You are exactly the kind of breed the Nigerian govt desires and that is why they removed history studies from our school curriculum.
Millions of Igbos did not die because of Ojukwu. On the contrary, Ojukwu saved several millions of Igbos from dying. Tens of thousands of Igbos had already been massacred in the north in June 1966 and it was only a matter of time before the people you worship extended the killings to the south east and south south. It was Ojukwu's heroics and courage in saying enough is enough that saved millions. Go to Asaba and you will find out what the people you worship did there, killing any male in sight. Up till today Asaba is still reeling from the shock of it. And this was done to them because they were shouting one Nigeria. Regardless of what South East went through during the war, their losses cannot be compared to the Asaba massacre.

If not for Ojukwu, Igboland may have become a conquered territory occupied by the hausafulani today.

Pls go and do your research.

I hate to reply your likes on issues that you are apparently ignorant of.
But I will do this for the benefit of those who interested in the contents of trending topics.
1. You accused Yorubas of worshiping the north.
2. Your lot accuse Yorubas of not supporting secession
3. Your lot blame Nigeria for the war.

On your first accusation.
From 1950s to 1999. Igbos were the ones in government with the north playing second fiddle. First Republic Zik was a ceremonial president. Balewa was the PM with all the Executive Powers. In the second Republic again. Shagari was the Executive president. Ekweme the vice. In 1999 Yorubas rejected the PDP as a northern contraption the igbos abandoned Ojukwu and went with the North. so tell me who had been worshiping the north with votes? The first alliance between north and west was 2015. But you forget your history of political subservience to wine about Yorubas status in the present govt. We should have stayed with GEJ and be content with just 2 substantive ministers. Omobola Johnson and Adèsina.

You accused Yorubas of not supporting secession. I will let your forefathers answer you from the grave
In 1953 the NPC under the leadership of my good friend, the late Sardauna, threatened to secede from the federation unless their 6-point proposals were adhered to. I had to use personal diplomacy. We had been personal friends since 1940. So, I saw Sir Ahmadu Bello and prevailed upon him that the unity of this country was greater than himself and myself and the other people too helped so that the North shifted grounds and agreed and so the country was saved. That was in 1953.
Again, however, when the 1954 constitution conference started, my good friend, Chief Obafemi Awolowo tabled a motion to the effect that in the new constitution, provision should be made that any state which feels like seceding should do so. I was opposed to it and said ‘no’ and said that once we have a federation, we are indivisible and perpetual. That was when we began to use that expression - ‘The Indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation’ - and that to secede would amount to treason. And so, a debate ensued.
Zik and his Igbo travellers won and Nigeria became indissoluble till today!

You blamed Nigeria for the civil war.
As per legal principle of indissolubility established by Zik, Igbos gave Nigeria the legal armour to prevent secession at all cost. Igbos killed leaders of other regions and celebrated the killings in the streets of the North. Ironsi promulgated Decree No 34 of 1966 abolishing the autonomy the region's had been enjoying. There is something about laws of warfare, it is called casus belli. cause of war. Each party to a war has a reason for the war. you have yours the north have theirs. at the end Nigerian law prevailed against Ojukwu. So you have a choice before a war. plan to fight and when you are starved run away with millions of dead bodies in your wake. or avoid war through international arbitrament. see Cameroon Vs Nigeria.

So as per our documented history of 60 years the east have been the ones worshiping the north. The West were in opposition to both the North and the East
as per who caused the war.
Ojukwu caused it. With his stubbornness. If he knew how to run. He should have done that earlier. If fought gallantly to the end he would join those who died for the cause they believed in. cowards!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by rlauncher(m): 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2017
wingman:
Ignorant fools will continue ranting over what they do not know or understand. Do you all think that as shrewd as Igbos are they will easily forgive and elevate Ojukwu to the status of a legend if he truly ran away?
The worst fate and humiliation that would have befallen Igbos would be for Nigeria to capture or kill Ojukwu. The man was practically bundled into the plane in Ulli airstrip because he never wanted to leave. Just as declaration of Biafra was the collective will of Igbos, so too was Ojukwu 's departure for Ivory coast.
You ignorant kids can continue writing all the rubbish you want cause you do not know or understand what the man represents to Igbos.

Liar! Obasanjo helped him to escape. He was already surrounded by the federal troops.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by bizzibodi(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2017
attackgat:

A soldier should not be afraid to die for his country........... as long as there is still a country to die for.
so he ran away b/c there is no biafra to die for,& left his fellow biafrans who look unto him as their leader & saviour.i think brave brig.effiong shld hav been d leader of biafra not coward ojukwu,y shld brave effiong left unsung?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2017
OrestesDante:
Lion sabi take care of hin pikin sabi chop giraffe own.
WORD!!!
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by davidif: 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2017
TRUTHTOPOWER:

But I will do this for the benefit of those who interested in the contents of trending topics.

From 1950s to 1999. Igbos were the ones in government with the north playing second fiddle. First Republic Zik was a ceremonial president. Balewa was the PM with all the Executive Powers. In the second Republic again. Shagari was the Executive president. Ekweme the vice. In 1999 Yorubas rejected the PDP as a northern contraption the igbos abandoned Ojukwu and went with the North. so tell me who had been worshiping the north with votes? The first alliance between north and west was 2015. But you forget your history of political subservience to wine about Yorubas status in the present govt. We should have stayed with GEJ and be content with just 2 substantive ministers. Omobola Johnson and Adèsina.

You accused Yorubas of not supporting secession. I will let your forefathers answer you from the grave
In 1953 the NPC under the leadership of my good friend, the late Sardauna, threatened to secede from the federation unless their 6-point proposals were adhered to. I had to use personal diplomacy. We had been personal friends since 1940. So, I saw Sir Ahmadu Bello and prevailed upon him that the unity of this country was greater than himself and myself and the other people too helped so that the North shifted grounds and agreed and so the country was saved. That was in 1953.
Again, however, when the 1954 constitution conference started, my good friend, Chief Obafemi Awolowo tabled a motion to the effect that in the new constitution, provision should be made that any state which feels like seceding should do so. I was opposed to it and said ‘no’ and said that once we have a federation, we are indivisible and perpetual. That was when we began to use that expression - ‘The Indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation’ - and that to secede would amount to treason. And so, a debate ensued.

As per legal principle of indissolubility established by Zik, Igbos gave Nigeria the legal armour to prevent secession at all cost. Igbos killed leaders of other regions and celebrated the killings in the streets of the North. Ironsi promulgated Decree No 34 of 1966 abolishing the autonomy the region's had been enjoying. There is something about laws of warfare, it is called casus belli. cause of war. Each party to a war has a reason for the war. you have yours the north have theirs. at the end Nigerian law prevailed against Ojukwu. So you have a choice before a war. plan to fight and when you are starved run away with millions of dead bodies in your wake. or avoid war through international arbitrament. see Cameroon Vs Nigeria.

So as per our documented history of 60 years the east have been the ones worshiping the north. The West were in opposition to both the North and the East
Ojukwu caused it. With his stubbornness. If he knew how to run. He should have done that earlier. If fought gallantly to the end he would join those who died for the cause they believed in. cowards!

https://media./media/LDYDYu9gRpNLi/giphy.gif

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:00am On Aug 06, 2017
Gotze1:
Does Moses instigate hate speeches, hatred for Egyptians and does Moses asked Israelites to kill other tribes? Keep deceiving yourself. You will tell me if Moses called the Israelites pigs and idiots.
Moses was even more practical with the plagues and the death of the first borns
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Opakan2: 12:04am On Aug 06, 2017
Ojukwu the fool.. fled with his house leaving gullible nitwits to die by the guns

Same way Nnamdi cownu has his wife and kids in the UK but presently toying with the lives of his people in Nigeria.

I smh
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Araoyeolaoluwa: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2017
I'm tired of this people telling everyone who cares to listen how Nigeria government marginalized them. Were they not taught basic Nigeria history in sch? It was their son, Nnamdi Azikwe, who was the first Nigerian president who was, ironically, toppled by their other son, Aguiyi Ironsi, in the first Nigerian coup. In that coup a lot of prominent Yoruba and Hausa people were killed including S.L Akintola and Sadauna of Sokoto but Azikwe who was the president was spared. When they were paid back in their own coin they started crying foul.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by scholes0(m): 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2017
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by mmb(m): 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2017
Araoyeolaoluwa:
I'm tired of this people telling everyone who cares to listen how Nigeria government marginalized them. Were they not taught basic Nigeria history in sch? It was their son, Nnamdi Azikwe, who was the first Nigerian president who was, ironically, toppled by their other son, Aguiyi Ironsi, in the first Nigerian coup. In that coup a lot of prominent Yoruba and Hausa people were killed including S.L Akintola and Sadauna of Sokoto but Azikwe who was the president was spared. When they were paid back in their own coin they started crying foul.
you have a point

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by CaptainGOOD: 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
toofit007:
my answer is yes, I believe you asked the question because you have not watch the video so go ahead and watch it then you will realize that it effectively address that trash you wrote. my friend go and get wisdom but above all get understanding.

Nwanne i confirm go ihe ahu?.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by suremanpatriot: 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2017
Thegamingorca:

Ojukwu is a traitor...it's only because u ppl are lily livered that it took this long for the chosen one to be born or reincarnated again. grin

U ppl are such dumb fools
my friend you must be a toddler,because am sure you haven't seen war to understand wht 2years of raging mortal combat feels like. Why not join the army and go test ur liver in sambisa forest for a week instead of running your fowl mouth abusing your elders. Is lik you reason with your anus. If Chief Ojukwu had given up himself to be ambushed lik the way they did to Gen.Ironsi,the so called biafra would be long silenced and crushed forever. You dare call Ojukwu a coward because you lack decorum to address a hero.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by laudate: 12:07am On Aug 11, 2017
suremanpatriot:
my friend you must be a toddler,because am sure you haven't seen war to understand wht 2years of raging mortal combat feels like. Why not join the army and go test ur liver in sambisa forest for a week instead of running your fowl mouth abusing your elders. Is lik you reason with your anus. If Chief Ojukwu had given up himself to be ambushed lik the way they did to Gen.Ironsi,the so called biafra would be long silenced and crushed forever. You dare call Ojukwu a coward because you lack decorum to address a hero.
Ehn..... Ojukwu was a hero - a hero who fled from the battlefield leaving his people to die, and then left his second in command to face the music. Thank God for people like Phillip Effiong, who had the courage to take the right steps to end the war and face the opposition, even at great risk to their own lives. sad

"I, Major-General Phillip Efiong, Officer Administering the Government of the Republic of Biafra, now wish to make the following declaration: That we affirm that we are loyal Nigerian citizens and accept the authority of the Federal Military Government of Nigeria. That we accept the existing administrative and political structure of the Federation of Nigeria. That any future constitutional arrangement will be worked out by representatives of the people of Nigeria. That the Republic of Biafra hereby ceases to exist."

At the time of the surrender, Effiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra. At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Effiong

Effiong's action put an end to the turmoil, suffering and carnage. He saved many more lives from being destroyed. Obong Philip Effiong, Akangkang Ibiono Ibom may his tribe increase! wink And may the souls of the departed on both sides of the divide, continue to rest in peace. cry

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by laribari(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
fk001:
Run away soldier bad commander, coward!!!

You that was saying rubbish the other day about the great ojukwu who gave you reasons to even know that name biafra, so what will you say about kanu now?

Terrible commander, coward and run away leader.

Let him come out of hiding. Kanu has brainwashed all of you.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by fk001(m): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
laribari:

You that was saying rubbish the other day about the great ojukwu who gave you reasons to even know that name biafra, so what will you say about kanu now?

Terrible commander, coward and run away leader.

Let him come out of hiding. Kanu has brainwashed all of you.

What are you saying
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by laribari(m): 11:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
fk001:

What are you saying

You insulted ojukwu the other day and called him a coward and a run away soldier. Kanu has done the same thing ooo. The kanu most of you call a brave man is on the run now.

My grieve was that u called ojukwu names and a coward that he ran away but kanu has done same too. Eventually they will pick him. They have his parents so he will have to come out of hiding.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by fk001(m): 12:10am On Sep 16, 2017
laribari:

You insulted ojukwu the other day and called him a coward and a run away soldier. Kanu has done the same thing ooo. The kanu most of you call a brave man is on the run now.

My grieve was that u called ojukwu names and a coward that he ran away but kanu has done same too. Eventually they will pick him. They have his parents so he will have to come out of hiding.

So?

They are both coward in my eyes, kanu is a terrorist he will soon be apprehended.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 03, 2020
Sorry if it feels as if I am stalking u, I apologize
Now u r making feel kinda sick as u ain't replying my mails.... Pls uhmmm
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Uchek(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
You are ahistorical -giddily and drunkenly ahistorical!

TRUTHTOPOWER:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures / Dog Joins Peter Obi Rally To Ward Off Bats In Lagos (Pictured) / Nigeria Police Accused Of Photoshopping This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.