Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,881 members, 7,810,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) (77750 Views)

Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village / Muhammad Ali Met Gowon In Nigeria In 1971 (Throwback Video) / "I Will Not Go On Exile" – Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by attackgat: 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
muffyt05:

I don talk am,all of una be mumu,na your own even worry me pass. Can you even believe yourself,so you're telling me Ojukwu's life was greater than millions of your grandfathers and mothers he wasted,which kind sense be this for God's sake? Ojukwu was a rookie general who did not evaluate the collateral damage of the war he went into,even though he fought against all odds(kudos to him), but you don't fight a war you can't win,its a normal principle. Even after fighting,the Chinese will always say 'death before dishonour',meaning I will rather die than be disgraced. If Ojukwu was really fighting a just or general cause, answer the following questions (1) why run away when connered? (2) Why run away after leading millions of your people to death? (3) Why come back to contest election in the same country he wanted out from? (4) Why collect military pension from the same country he hated? I can go on and on asking questions you have no answers to. You claimed he was revered by his people,Why did the same people reject him at the polls on three occasions?

Ojukwu staying back to die would not have changed anything but give you Nigerians something to cheer about. Ojukwu was not abiut to cheer you people up.

After the war, Ojukwu came back and accepted 'one Nigeria', and you are asking why he should not enjoy his rights as a Nigerian by contesting elections and collecting his pension?

So when Ojukwu was fighting for Biafra, he was the enemy. When he accepted Nigeria, he is still the enemy?

Hypocrisy
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
fk001:
Run away soldier bad commander, coward!!!
your fada nyash nama
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by attackgat: 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
RoyalUc:

In my opinion then, Onwuatuegwu is the legend and hero of Biafra.

He was.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by attackgat: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
goldedprince:

wow, he aint even a member of ipob. he is an administrator in nigeria. wow. wow. wow

Yoy dont have to be a member of IPOB to believe in Biafra
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by saintandsinnerz: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
IamLovely:
the man that left my dad in the battle field..

Thank God he came home alive and healthy
Lol, how did your father, a Yoruba man fight for Biafra? Just because of likes you're claiming what your father cannot do and will never do? Ok continue

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by tsdarkside(m): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
codemaniacs:

the f:ulanis were the winners of the war... why are you guys so ignorant Ojukwu never let emotions get the better side of him because he was under orders from the kolonialists... what type of person would have oil, fertile land and millions of graduates that are needed to boost an economy and still go to war... the civil war was just a ploy for the entire southern Nigeria to lose control over their resources...

the b:iafran currency was called b:iafran POUND... which is enough indication that b:iafra had kolonial backing but ignorant people like you guys can't read between the lines... the kolonialists have always wanted to get rid of the y:orubas and since b:iafra couldn't achieve that they made the country use a unitary system to subjugate the entire south Nigeria..

O:jukwu was fighting to subjugate entire south Nigeria and not to liberate anyone... If o:jukwu was fighting for freedom why would b:iafra use pounds as its currency

you guys need to learn how to read between the lines angry angry angry

i even think ojukwu didnt wanted only nigeria but the ol africa to start something new after colonization like hitler...the way he maneuvered his troops was very strange..ojukwu didnt think defensive,he started offensive and giving out all resource rights to strangers...

very strange moves... undecided

he only became defensive when his troops were retreating to the east..
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by gbogeig: 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by goldedprince: 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2017
attackgat:

Yoy dont have to be a member of IPOB to believe in Biafra
well, he what is he doing to actualize biafra?
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by potent5(m): 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2017
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Discretion "to run from battle" exercised after death of about 2 million of your own people is nothing but wickedness laced with cowardice. Assuming Awo and Abiola chose to fight like your hero, I guess Yorubas will be talking of £20, Kwashiokor, genocide, marginalisation, secession. Why Awo and Abiola would have the likes of Bianca as widows and fat estates for their children. go on brother, I suppose some people are to pay for their leaders "heroism" with the blood of the followers. Funny enough Kanu's own heroism is already being paid for again with blood. We don't envy your place as the canon fodder of your heroes. I rather want my hero yo die for me!
My friend, have you heard about the cliche: 'no dead heroes'? I bet you haven't. There is even a movie titled after this cliche.
Only enlightened people know that a hero is better alive than dead. Ask Wole Soyinka, David Mark and Tinubu who ran away from Abacha into exile. They recognized the principle of self preservation.

It still beats my imagination why someone who killed himself through the most ignominious way should be regarded highly. I believe it must be out of collective idiocy by people who believe their heroes should commit rat poison suicide without anyone taking up the gauntlet in their dead heroes' place.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by attackgat: 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2017
Sanchez01:

As a general, he should have stayed back. It's like seeing a ship captain abandon his ship. In Japan, Samurais and war Generals would perform a feat called Seppuku, a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment. The Seppuku takes place when a Samurai or a General fails and while Ojukwu was never Japanese, fleeing was the height of cowardice after sacrificing two million potential young lives while he took his children with him to Abidjan.

At the end of the day, the near three million deaths were for nothing because the same man responsible for their deaths returned to the country a Nigerian and even contested for the Presidency. Calling Ojukwu a coward is an insult to true cowards.

You Nigerians have been brainwashed to believe that Ojukwu caused the death of 3 million people. The truth is that it was Nigeria that killed 3 million people. The only tning Ojukwu did was declare the independence of his people which is noble.

You Nigerian were hell bent on looking for free oil money and came to fight for it. The war Nigeria fought was never about unity, it was all about subjugation. When you call someone a brother, you dont go and fight him just because he said he is moving out of your fathers compound. It is only someone looking to enslave another that will be fighting war to be united.

Im proud of Ojukwu. He fought for our independence for 3 long years. I cannot begrudge him for leaving in the end when the center could no longer hold. The only people that would have benefitted from Ojukwu staying back to die were Nigerians and Ojukwu was wise enough not to give Nigeria that satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by attackgat: 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
enemyofprogress:
he made millions of innocent of your people to be killed for nothing, abandoned them and ran away, which kind hero be dat? Abeg make we hear word Jo. When you talk of hero, Mandela comes to mind

He made millions if people to die? Was it not Nigeria that killed those millions? Is it a must that Nigeria must fight? If Nigeria cared about millions of lives, why not conduct a referendum? Nigeria is just the creation of the white man, why fight for that when you can put it to a vote?

Nigeria killed millions for free oil money. In the end, that oil money never helped Nigeria
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by adetayo234: 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
UR OWN ATE OTAPIAPIA AND DIED A HUMILIATING DEATH. EWU

It only takes a bold man to die instead of running away. Hitler preferred to commit suicide instead of running away. Awolowo is a very strong man. And I respect him for it.

But what has your own leader done, he left your father, mother and your entire generation to rot at the battle front and he ran away with his own children.

If you are stupid enough to follow KANU to start a war, he will leave you to rot and die like a useless chiicken at the battle front and he will run away with his pretty wife and kids.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by enemyofprogress: 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2017
attackgat:

He made millions if people to die? Was it not Nigeria that killed those millions? Is it a must that Nigeria must fight? If Nigeria cared about millions of lives, why not conduct a referendum? Nigeria is just the creation of the white man, why fight for that when you can put it to a vote?

Nigeria killed millions for free oil money. In the end, that oil money never helped Nigeria
who caused it?who started it?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by adetayo234: 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
ABIOLA AND KUDIRAT WERE SUMARILY EXECUTED BY UR LORDS N SAVIIOURS UP NORTH. NONO OF UR KINS MEN UTTERED A WORD. BUT WHEN YOU SEE ANYTHING PERTAINING TO IBOS, IT MAKES UR ERECTIONS LAST LONG. U R A PHOOL

How many of your family members died in ojukwu's war? Innumerable, right? I guess that is why you are so pained.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Bluffly: 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
ABIOLA AND KUDIRAT WERE SUMARILY EXECUTED BY UR LORDS N SAVIIOURS UP NORTH. NONO OF UR KINS MEN UTTERED A WORD. BUT WHEN YOU SEE ANYTHING PERTAINING TO IBOS, IT MAKES UR ERECTIONS LAST LONG. U R A PHOOL
What you do not know is that Yoruba's still see everyone as Nigerians than the Ibos and Hausa's. So if they did not revolt stupidly by using tribal means but rather revolted as Nigerians and requested him to be immortalised years after shows that we are more sensible. For your information we are more glad than any other tribe that Abacha died too meaning no poo was accepted by the Yorubas.

All of you agitating for Biafra are rather walking with your heads hence can't think nor see. Rather that to start holding your LG chairmen and Governors and all elected accountable, you all are playing to the gallery just like in the days of Ojukwu which made many gullible ones who couldn't differentiate between bravery and stupidity died.

There is still time to start walking with your legs and thinking with your head

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
kd
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by attackgat: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
enemyofprogress:
who caused it?who started it?

Who caused it? Nigeria caused it by not keeping to the Aburi agreement.

Who started it? Nigeria started it when they fired on the Biafran border town of gakem in Ogoja on the 6th of July 1967
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by charlesucheh(m): 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
If A whole Ojukwu can run! Who is Nnamdi Kanu? Democracy is really giving some touts the guts to shout "I know my right" abi!!!!!!!
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by burkingx(f): 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
grin

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Bluffly: 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
attackgat:

You Nigerians have been brainwashed to believe that Ojukwu caused the death of 3 million people. The truth is that it was Nigeria that killed 3 million people. The only tning Ojukwu did was declare the independence of his people which is noble.

You Nigerian were hell bent on looking for free oil money and came to fight for it. The war Nigeria fought was never about unity, it was all about subjugation. When you call someone a brother, you dont go and fight him just because he said he is moving out of your fathers compound. It is only someone looking to enslave another that will be fighting war to be united.

Im proud of Ojukwu. He fought for our independence for 3 long years. I cannot begrudge him for leaving in the end when the center could no longer hold. The only people that would have benefitted from Ojukwu staying back to die were Nigerians and Ojukwu was wise enough not to give Nigeria that satisfaction.
Obviously you know nothing about the war. Oil was never part of the war. For your information, States that have oil are not even igbo, nor Ibo Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa. Igbo lands in them was declared by Obasanjo in year 2000. If you don't know, go and ask Ojukwu and you will see that he will own up that he stupidly led his people to war to satisfy his ego

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by enemyofprogress: 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
attackgat:

Who caused it? Nigeria caused it by not keeping to the Aburi agreement.

Who started it? Nigeria started it when they fired on the Biafran border town of gakem in Ogoja on the 6th of July 1967
blame your brother for the death of your people

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by bizzibodi(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
wingman:
Ignorant fools will continue ranting over what they do not know or understand. Do you all think that as shrewd as Igbos are they will easily forgive and elevate Ojukwu to the status of a legend if he truly ran away?
The worst fate and humiliation that would have befallen Igbos would be for Nigeria to capture or kill Ojukwu. The man was practically bundled into the plane in Ulli airstrip because he never wanted to leave. Just as declaration of Biafra was the collective will of Igbos, so too was Ojukwu 's departure for Ivory coast.
You ignorant kids can continue writing all the rubbish you want cause you do not know or understand what the man represents to Igbos.
are u saying all d starving woman & children of biafra urge him to escape,flee with his children like a coward?mbanu!

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by charlesucheh(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
I see Nnamdi Kanu as a Chinese version of Ojukwu! You see all those his "GRA GRA"? Dnt worry the cat will soon run!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Abagworo(m): 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
That's why we need to stop Nnamdi Kanu now so that in 50 years time our own grandchildren will not be viewing photos of Nnamdi Kanu and his kids in exile at England after 5 to 10 million must have died from an avoidable war of secession.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by bizzibodi(m): 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
MrOdyssey:
Rest on Warlord. you who wouldn't fold his arm and watch as his people are slain by the vicious Hausa Fulani.

You are the real definition of a freedom fighter. you will always be remembered.
his inaction wuld hav save millions of lives,he started what he cnt finish,he abandone his pple when dey need him most 2 live a coward life of luxury & sex in ivory coast.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by bizzibodi(m): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
attackgat:
The young boy is Emeka Odumegwu Jr. He is now the sole administrator of Nnewi Local Govt

For those who say that Ojukwu escaped with his family leaving all others, I ask you.

What would have been gained by Ojukwu staying back to be slaughtered when the war had virtually ended?
what do u mean virtually ended?shld a soldier b afraid to die for his country?was his brave deputy brig. philip effiong slaughtered?wher others biafran soldiers kill after d war ended?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by muffyt05: 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
janykute:

Thank you my brother for explaining it to this not well informed bunch of people.My dad was present when it all happened.

And people like you will abuse Lai Mohammed at every chance you get

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by muffyt05: 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
attackgat:

Ojukwu staying back to die would not have changed anything but give you Nigerians something to cheer about. Ojukwu was not abiut to cheer you people up.

After the war, Ojukwu came back and accepted 'one Nigeria', and you are asking why he should not enjoy his rights as a Nigerian by contesting elections and collecting his pension?

So when Ojukwu was fighting for Biafra, he was the enemy. When he accepted Nigeria, he is still the enemy?

Hypocrisy

Really do not know what to say to ur post above,its way below what I can comprehend. Anyway, good luck to your quest

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by attackgat: 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
Bluffly:

Obviously you know nothing about the war. Oil was never part of the war. For your information, States that have oil are not even igbo, nor Ibo Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa. Igbo lands in them was declared by Obasanjo in year 2000. If you don't know, go and ask Ojukwu and you will see that he will own up that he stupidly led his people to war to satisfy his ego

Lets not forget that back when the civil war started there were no states, only Regions and provinces.

Lets not also forget that Ojukwu declared Biafra because Gowon broke the terms of the Aburi agreement by unilaterally dissolving the Regions and creating states.

Lets not forget that even after Ojukwu declared Biafra, Nigeria could have still gone down the road of referendum rather than war which Ojukwu was open to.

But Nigeria chose the path of war, killed millions for economic and political benefits. 50 years on, Nigeria is more divided than ever and has regressed much more.

If Nigeria had worked as a nation after the civil war like America worked after its own civil war then maybe one would have something against Ojukwu.

Nigeria did not work which means that both Ojukwu and Kanu were right to try to get their people out of an unworkable union.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
potent5:

To you he might be a traitor, but to me he is a great man. Regarding the Ikemba a great man or traitor depends on the side you are on.

The first high profile traitor to be convicted in Nigeria was Awolowo; he was convicted for trying to topple the government of the day in the 60s. He had treason running in his blood and eventually killed himself just to escape the consequences of another treason committed by him in the 80s

Your definition of a great man is skewed and partial...

Ojukwu d bull swore to go to war with biafrans and die by their side.

Only for him to lead his blind entourage to the slaughter house and hand to his enemies, his father's machete...

Left to me you are all d same...you won't hesitate to abandon ur fellow kinsmen when the pan garners more heat.

To think u can call such a coward ur hero is the height of ur shameless stupendity.

Biafrans are not one...clearly proven by Ojukwu himself...

Even if u do secede, you lot will end up killing each other like the animals u really are.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by attackgat: 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
muffyt05:

Really do not know what to say to ur post above,its way below what I can comprehend. Anyway, good luck to your quest

Of course you dont have what to say, superior argument seldom has an answer
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by attackgat: 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
bizzibodi:

what do u mean virtually ended?shld a soldier b afraid to die for his country?was his brave deputy brig. philip effiong slaughtered?wher others biafran soldiers kill after d war ended?

A soldier should not be afraid to die for his country........... as long as there is still a country to die for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures / Dog Joins Peter Obi Rally To Ward Off Bats In Lagos (Pictured) / Nigeria Police Accused Of Photoshopping This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.