Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) (77759 Views)

Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village / Muhammad Ali Met Gowon In Nigeria In 1971 (Throwback Video) / "I Will Not Go On Exile" – Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TRUTHTOPOWER: 5:23am On Aug 05, 2017
potent5:

My friend, have you heard about the cliche: 'no dead heroes'? I bet you haven't. There is even a movie titled after this cliche.
Only enlightened people know that a hero is better alive than dead. Ask Wole Soyinka, David Mark and Tinubu who ran away from Abacha into exile. They recognized the principle of self preservation.

It still beats my imagination why someone who killed himself through the most ignominious way should be regarded highly. I believe it must be out of collective idiocy by people who believe their heroes should commit rat poison suicide without anyone taking up the gauntlet in their dead heroes' place.

Do the maths. Two Yoruba sons to millions of Biafrans men, women, youths, children and aged! Rat poison or snake oil poison or whatever your fantasy catches it is incomparable to slow death by starvation. It could take upto 15 days. without water 7 days. And you so much hate your selves to prefer your selves to die like this in millions as against just one person to do the Honourable thing: say no to war or die trying. And you guys are liars, you hate the tragedy of Biafra more than you want us to believe that Awo died of rat poison. Yorubas are not crying over Awo whatever happened to him. When we knew he was unjustly incarcerated Nigeria knew no peace until civil war broke out and Awo was elevated to very govt he was allegedly trying to overthrow. Awo is celebrated on your currency, landmarks and citadels of learning. 50 years on Biafra is still mourned by your greatest (Achebe & Co ) and meanest (Kanu&co). So if mourning is better than celebration, I give up on your sadistic delusions.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Mercy99: 5:27am On Aug 05, 2017
Through back sad
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by potent5(m): 5:43am On Aug 05, 2017
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Do the maths. Two Yoruba sons to millions of Biafrans men, women, youths, children and aged! Rat poison or snake oil poison or whatever your fantasy catches it is incomparable to slow death by starvation. It could take upto 15 days. without water 7 days. And you so much hate your selves to prefer your selves to die like this in millions as against just one person to do the Honourable thing: say no to war or die trying. And you guys are liars, you hate the tragedy of Biafra more than you want us to believe that Awo died of rat poison. Yorubas are not crying over Awo whatever happened to him. When we knew he was unjustly incarcerated Nigeria knew no peace until civil war broke out and Awo was elevated to very govt he was allegedly trying to overthrow. Awo is celebrated on your currency, landmarks and citadels of learning. 50 years on Biafra is still mourned by your greatest (Achebe & Co ) and meanest (Kanu&co). So if mourning is better than celebration, I give up on your sadistic delusions.
There is nothing Honourable about killing oneself; it is the most cowardly thing to do, especially when done to escape punishment for treason. His corpse should have been thrown into the evil forest lest it desecrate the land.

If not for the bravery of Ojukwu who released awo you wouldn't be here today yapping about how he was elevated and his face put on the Naira. Yet the perfidious awo paid Ojukwu back by recommending starvation as a weapon of warfare rather than fighting with arms and ammunition. He thought he was free but when the blood he spilled came for judgment he cowardly took his own life.

That he was elevated is irrelevant, any criminal can be so elevated.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TRUTHTOPOWER: 6:31am On Aug 05, 2017
potent5:

There is nothing Honourable about killing oneself; it is the most cowardly thing to do, especially when done to escape punishment for treason. His corpse should have been thrown into the evil forest lest it desecrate the land.

If not for the bravery of Ojukwu who released awo you wouldn't be here today yapping about how he was elevated and his face put on the Naira. Yet the perfidious awo paid Ojukwu back by recommending starvation as a weapon of warfare rather than fighting with arms and ammunition. He thought he was free but when the blood he spilled came for judgment he cowardly took his own life.

That he was elevated is irrelevant, any criminal can be so elevated.

I DON'T CARE HOW ONE SINGLE PERSON DIED. CHRIST WAS CRUCIFIED! GRUESOMELY! SO PAINT AWO'S DEATH WITH ALL THE MACABRE COLOURS. IT IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS THE LEGACY HE LIVED FOR. WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU IS THE FACT THAT MILLIONS OF YOU DIED FOR OJUKWU TO USE HIS DISCRETION TO ESCAPE. WE ARE NOT THAT WORTHLESS FOR BELATED "DISCRETION SAKE"

Since our appreciation of proportion is irreconcilable let's respect our view point. We lose 2 you lost millions every body minds his business and God judges our proportion of wickedness. peace!

N.B. give me a proof of your assertion that Awo committed suicide. No single proof except the wishful thinking of miserable souls who gratify their sadistic mien with delusions of retribution. You on the other hand are a living testimony of your own calamity!

BELIEVE IT OR NOT Yorubas would rather have her leaders sacrificed to save millions of people. not to save leaders and kill millions. or let everyone face his own fate not for anyone to manipulate himself out of his fate whilst putting a whole race in fatal jeopardy. If you celebrate such a criminal act then it explains a lot in terms of today's crime ratio.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 05, 2017
Jaideyone:
lol you obviously don't know what being summarily executed means. Olodo like you. You want to compare the death of two individuals no matter how powerful they are to the death of 2million people filled with potentials? That's the differençe between yorubas and drug mules like you. We know what matters most

igbos died in a civil far fighting for what they believed in, fighting for their existence, future n survival... What have yorubas ever stood for in 57 years

Abiola was killed openly by ur masters up north......

And nothing fucking happened.

Ojukwu returned to Nigeria from exile n bubu arrested him n detained him, they couldn't kill him for fear of another deadly igbo uprising. The Hausa up north have long know that igbos are never cowards n must react, that's why they fear killing important igbo leaders........ As for Yoruba leaders the north has destroyed, we can't count dem.

If Abiola was an igbo man, I swear we would be having this conversation from different countries today.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2017
PassingShot:
So, this man even absconded with his own children while leaving other poor children behind to die of starvation. No wonder he was rejected in subsequent elections by the same people he led to the slaughter slab.

This is exactly what the mad man Kanu is attempting again with his hate speech and call to harm. Hopefully, Igbos with superior reasoning will prevent him from visiting calamity on the current generation of IPODs and innocent souls there.

Those are his children he had with a cot de voir woman.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Jaideyone(m): 7:44am On Aug 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

igbos died in a civil far fighting for what they believed in, fighting for their existence, future n survival... What have yorubas ever stood for in 57 years

Ojukwu returned to Nigeria from exile n bubu arrested him n detained him, they couldn't kill him for fear of another deadly igbo uprising. The Hausa up north have long know that igbos are never cowards n must react, that's why they fear killing important igbo leaders........ As for Yoruba leaders the north has destroyed, we can't count dem.

If Abiola was an igbo man, I swear we would be having this conversation from different countries today.
really? And what did you drug mules gain from the war? cheesy keep deceiving yourself. At least Abiola stayed and was fighting for his mandate. He didn't runaway like the fake general ojukwu who left his people after making them believe in a phantom dream of a perfect country. 99.99% of yorubas didn't know Abiola was going to die until the deed was already done. You foolish megalomaniacs knew you had little weapons yet you embraced the phantom dream of Biafra grin and annexed minorities into it without prior consultation. You can keep deceiving yourself but in saner climes a leader will rather give his own life to save 2m of his people than lead them to their death and run away when the federal troops closed in on him.

Receive sense!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:52am On Aug 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

2 million killed. 20 pounds. marginalisation. and all that and you are still here. and you want the world to believe that if a figure like Abiola were killed in Igbo land you would have separated from Nigeria. I can now see why it is convenient for Kanu to put all of your lives in jeopardy and he is still being celebrated. 1 Ojukwu equals 2 million plus X biafrans. since kanu is greater tan Ojukwu then Kanu's life is equal to 2 million plus x square Biafrans. What destiny! what sense of slavery! what life of canon fodder!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 05, 2017
iammo:

Enough of this otapiapia falasy..
Awolowo died at the ripe age of 78
Ojukwu also died at the ripe age of 78
Awolowo faught all is battles intelectually
Ojukwu as a soldier fought his through war
they both started young utilising there youthfullness to start important coarse, not go arround acting like the youths we now have in nigeria

""Awolowo faught all is battles intelectually""

False.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by iammo(m): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

False.

Whatever man..

An intellectual is a person who engages in critical thinking, research, and reflection about society and proposes solutions for its normative problems. Some gain authority as public intellectuals.

In this regards "Societal normative problems"
Independence of nigeria from colonial masters( with zik and sarduna)
Illitracy in yorubaland ..... awo free education and U.I
Apeal court of western region (Now apeal court of nigeria)
Broadcasting corpration of western region ( Now NTA)

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2017
PassingShot:

Yet he was rejected at the polls on three occasions by the same Igbos who elevated him to status of a legend.

Kontinu.

Ojukwu was never rejected at the polls.

He lost just like everyone else who didn't have political power in Nigeria.

Ojukwu was fuckin luved n respected by the igbos till he died, only awusa n Yoruba who are foreigners don't know this and they can't comprehend this.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by manikspears: 8:26am On Aug 05, 2017
toofit007:
my answer is yes, I believe you asked the question because you have not watch the video so go ahead and watch it then you will realize that it effectively address that trash you wrote. my friend go and get wisdom but above all get understanding.

Your video is totally rubbish and a waste of mb

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by manikspears: 8:29am On Aug 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

False.

So awolowo was in the army,tell me something that that awo himself never knew grin
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 05, 2017
TRUTHTOPOWER:

2 million killed. 20 pounds. marginalisation. and all that and you are still here. and you want the world to believe that if a figure like Abiola were killed in Igbo land you would have separated from Nigeria. I can now see why it is convenient for Kanu to put all of your lives in jeopardy and he is still being celebrated. 1 Ojukwu equals 2 million plus X biafrans. since kanu is greater tan Ojukwu then Kanu's life is equal to 2 million plus x square Biafrans. What destiny! what sense of slavery! what life of canon fodder!

Stop trying to use long epistles to derail what I m saying here.

The north only kills SW leaders, we can't count how many they have killed...

The never ever dare kill igbo leaders because they know what would happen.

If Nnamdi kanu were to be a Yoruba man, the north will waste him in no time.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 05, 2017
manikspears:

So awolowo was in the army,tell me something that that awo himself never knew grin

Ur trying to talk nonsense.

Awo wasn't an intellect.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by manikspears: 8:47am On Aug 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Ur trying to talk nonsense.

Awo wasn't an intellect.

Go on please....... grin
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TRUTHTOPOWER: 9:02am On Aug 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Stop trying to use long epistles to derail what I m saying here.

The north only kills SW leaders, we can't count how many they have killed...

The never ever dare kill igbo leaders because they know what would happen.

If Nnamdi kanu were to be a Yoruba man, the north will waste him in no time.

exactly. It was more tolerable to kill 2 million or your lot and keep the succeeding generation in marginalised condition than to kill 2 of your leaders. And the northern killers too are not immortal after all. so do the maths across regions and keep beating chest to mass graves in millions and keep crying of marginalisation and keep agitating like slaves to be free. Americans did not agitate for freedom form Britain. They took it like freeborns. only people with slave mentality agitate from generation to generation. that is Ojukwu's legacy for you. and you are doing a good job passing on the legacy to the next generation. wetin be.my own self. Awo's children are doing fine. Ojukwu's children are well catered for. Maybe another Awo would be killed and maybe millions of chest beaters will be killed. who knows. But this trend is unlikely to affect me or people like me the way it has affected you. so keep it and goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by janykute: 9:25am On Aug 05, 2017
muffyt05:

And people like you will abuse Lai Mohammed at every chance you get
I did not say that to impress you,if your envy and jealousy will permit you there are loads of books on Biafra/Nigerian civil war help yourself with that.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by project2018: 9:46am On Aug 05, 2017
Jaideyone:
lol you obviously don't know what being summarily executed means. Olodo like you. You want to compare the death of two individuals no matter how powerful they are to the death of 2million people filled with potentials? That's the differençe between yorubas and drug mules like you. We know what matters most
ABIOLA AND KUDIRAT WERE SUMARILY EXECUTED BY UR LORDS N SAVIIOURS UP NORTH. NONO OF UR KINS MEN UTTERED A WORD. BUT WHEN YOU SEE ANYTHING PERTAINING TO IBOS, IT MAKES UR ERECTIONS LAST LONG. U R A PHOOL
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by project2018: 9:46am On Aug 05, 2017
Jaideyone:
anyone that decides to runaway after leading 2m of his followers to their death is nothing but a coward
ABIOLA AND KUDIRAT WERE SUMARILY EXECUTED BY UR LORDS N SAVIIOURS UP NORTH. NONO OF UR KINS MEN UTTERED A WORD. BUT WHEN YOU SEE ANYTHING PERTAINING TO IBOS, IT MAKES UR ERECTIONS LAST LONG. U R A PHOOL

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by project2018: 9:48am On Aug 05, 2017
wingman:
Ignorant fools will continue ranting over what they do not know or understand. Do you all think that as shrewd as Igbos are they will easily forgive and elevate Ojukwu to the status of a legend if he truly ran away?
The worst fate and humiliation that would have befallen Igbos would be for Nigeria to capture or kill Ojukwu. The man was practically bundled into the plane in Ulli airstrip because he never wanted to leave. Just as declaration of Biafra was the collective will of Igbos, so too was Ojukwu 's departure for Ivory coast.
You ignorant kids can continue writing all the rubbish you want cause you do not know or understand what the man represents to Igbos.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by toofit007: 10:01am On Aug 05, 2017
manikspears:

Your video is totally rubbish and a waste of mb
well, your entitled to your opinion, I will not deny you that. however, I still maintain that your grasp of reasoning is very porous .
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Jaideyone(m): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2017
project2018:
the same foolish submission you made yesterday which I responded to. Smh

The fact you are typing in caps shows you are a kid sef. Bye bye

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 05, 2017
TRUTHTOPOWER:

exactly. It was more tolerable to kill 2 million or your lot and keep the succeeding generation in marginalised condition than to kill 2 of your leaders. And the northern killers too are not immortal after all. so do the maths across regions and keep beating chest to mass graves in millions and keep crying of marginalisation and keep agitating like slaves to be free. Americans did not agitate for freedom form Britain. They took it like freeborns. only people with slave mentality agitate from generation to generation. that is Ojukwu's legacy for you. and you are doing a good job passing on the legacy to the next generation. wetin be.my own self. Awo's children are doing fine. Ojukwu's children are well catered for. Maybe another Awo would be killed and maybe millions of chest beaters will be killed. who knows. But this trend is unlikely to affect me or people like me the way it has affected you. so keep it and goodbye.

U have repeatedly tried to do. pare people who were killed in a war and Yoruba leaders who were killed in times of absolute peace.

The north can kill osinbanjo n the Yoruba will keep fighting from their keyboard n newspapers.

U can never compare the east nthe west.

good day
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TheAlchemist: 10:29am On Aug 05, 2017
Modsenemy:

No offense , but you make less sense with this post.
The point is, those people led their people to war for whatever reason and gave their life for it . They stood till death for the course they established .

It doesn't change the fact that Ojukwu fled when he technically led his people to death.
Heroes make sacrifices even with their life .
Onwuateagwu and Azuchie who followed Ojukwu to the airport should have fled too. As a matter of fact, they could be shot dead , but they stayed back and watched their master run.

According to obasanjo's account of Onwuateagwu's death, he launched a final attack on nigerian troop and got killed .

Onwuateagwu's should be the real hero to be celebrated by Igbos and not Ojukwu.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by kobabe(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2017
Igbos and drugs

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by muffyt05: 10:38am On Aug 05, 2017
janykute:

I did not say that to impress you,if your envy and jealousy will permit you there are loads of books on Biafra/Nigerian civil war help yourself with that.

Will the loads of books you mentioned confirm to me that your father witnessed Ojukwu been forced into a plane?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TheAlchemist: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2017
Yungknyyght:

You are a he-goat...I'm igbo and I don't regard ojukwu as a great person,all he did was for his personal interest..you don't have to insult a whole tribe cus you are trying to make a silly point

I don't regard ojukwu as a great person,all he did was for his personal interest..

I give you 1000 likes for the bolded statement, truth be told Ojukwu played on the emotional sentiments of the Igbo nation occasioned by the massacre of igbos in the North, in order to achieve his selfish and inordinate ambition to rule. He never truly loved the Igbo nation....

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TheAlchemist: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2017
heo88:

Interesting comments on this thread, including the one about him being a coward for abandoning his people. I'm not sure if I would have used that term, but based on the events of history, it's impossible for me to argue against this.

What people aren't taking into account are the real imperatives for the initial Biafra secession attempt. Whilst the slaughters/programs of 1953 and then 1966 as retribution for the unsuccessful coup attempt by Chukwuma kaduna nzeogwu underscored the need for a safe haven for igbos from the North, there are other factors which often aren't covered:

Ojukwu as many know, was raised in the North and had hausa orientation; similar to Nzeogwu. Such was his orientation, he was well acquainted with their women, reportedly even fathering a hausa/igbo hybrid daughter. Furthermore, he was ajebutter and schooled at Kings College in Lagos, Epsom College in the UK (just outside of London and with very expensive school fees) and then from there attended the renown Oxford University (Lincoln college to be precise). As you can see from this, it is understandable why many questioned his igbo credentials.

Now this fact may be a little less known, but Ojukwu's father was Louis Odimegwu Ojukwu who was a very wealthy man and the founder of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. When you consider that oil was found in Ologbiri LGA - in present day Bayelsa state (circa 1956), which incidentally was part of the original Biafran territory, you can see the 'delicious' opportunities that this presented for the Ojukwu family, especially when you consider all the oil blocks in this region which would have been theirs in the event of a successful secession.

In considering all of the above, keep in mind that Ojukwu was educated to Master's level in the 1950s (unheard of for most Nigerians or people in general at that time), he was a very strategic and intelligent man, and there's no doubt that there would have been other key considerations beyond securing a safe haven for vulnerable igbos based in other parts of Nigeria.

There's more to the above, but let's park it here for now. With regards to Nnamdi Kanu, I hate to say this but I am sceptical about his true motivations for the contemporary Biafran agitation. For one, he has made a number of aimless, provocative ramblings; perhaps this is to test his level of influence, then again who knows. However, would-be Biafrans should ask themselves what he has to offer them before throwing their weight behind him. What sound or remotely sensible economic policies has he proposed?? Meanwhile people are working themselves up into a frenzy, all in the name of identity politics. All I'll say is that make sure you know what you're getting in exchange for supporting him and my advice is to avoid being a 'political chess piece'; you're better than that.

In closing, wars and civil unrests are ALWAYS about securing resources for the victors. If you consider British efforts in the early 19th century to secure Nigeria as a constituent part of the British empire, they were able to neutralise the Northerners, yorubas/midwesterners and the easterners (including Rivers/Bayelsa and Cross Rivers/Akwa Ibom before identity politics led to them assuming a 'south-south' identity) because of the more sophisticated weapons they produced in South London, UK (Woolwich Arsenal to be precise and their workers who manufactured the weapons were the first players for the team we now know as 'Arsenal'), and the motive was resource control. If we look at Ojukwu's efforts, this was motivated by resource control; any civil war (particularly in Africa) or colonial expansion recorded in the last 300 years, has always, always been about resource control. A new Biafra wouldn't bring about peace, but rather it would foreshadow more bloodshed and war; just take a cursory glance at the recently-created South Sudan and it becomes clearer what I'm referring to.

CC. Zehner

wow... your writeup is quite insightful!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by heo88(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2017
TheAlchemist:

wow... your write is quite insightful!

Thank you Sir, very kind of you smiley
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by janykute: 11:45am On Aug 05, 2017
muffyt05:

Will the loads of books you mentioned confirm to me that your father witnessed Ojukwu been forced into a plane?
Mister I don't know you neither do you know me.Why would I come to a faceless forum to confirm to you what jealousy and envy would never allow you to believe?
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by potent5(m): 12:14pm On Aug 05, 2017
TRUTHTOPOWER:

I DON'T CARE HOW ONE SINGLE PERSON DIED. CHRIST WAS CRUCIFIED! GRUESOMELY! SO PAINT AWO'S DEATH WITH ALL THE MACABRE COLOURS. IT IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS THE LEGACY HE LIVED FOR. WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU IS THE FACT THAT MILLIONS OF YOU DIED FOR OJUKWU TO USE HIS DISCRETION TO ESCAPE. WE ARE NOT THAT WORTHLESS FOR BELATED "DISCRETION SAKE"

Since our appreciation of proportion is irreconcilable let's respect our view point. We lose 2 you lost millions every body minds his business and God judges our proportion of wickedness. peace!

N.B. give me a proof of your assertion that Awo committed suicide. No single proof except the wishful thinking of miserable souls who gratify their sadistic mien with delusions of retribution. You on the other hand are a living testimony of your own calamity!

BELIEVE IT OR NOT Yorubas would rather have her leaders sacrificed to save millions of people. not to save leaders and kill millions. or let everyone face his own fate not for anyone to manipulate himself out of his fate whilst putting a whole race in fatal jeopardy. If you celebrate such a criminal act then it explains a lot in terms of today's crime ratio.
I just don't get the way you keep twisting the narrative, making sound as if Ojukwu sacrificed his people. You are exactly the kind of breed the Nigerian govt desires and that is why they removed history studies from our school curriculum.
Millions of Igbos did not die because of Ojukwu. On the contrary, Ojukwu saved several millions of Igbos from dying. Tens of thousands of Igbos had already been massacred in the north in June 1966 and it was only a matter of time before the people you worship extended the killings to the south east and south south. It was Ojukwu's heroics and courage in saying enough is enough that saved millions. Go to Asaba and you will find out what the people you worship did there, killing any male in sight. Up till today Asaba is still reeling from the shock of it. And this was done to them because they were shouting one Nigeria. Regardless of what South East went through during the war, their losses cannot be compared to the Asaba massacre.

If not for Ojukwu, Igboland may have become a conquered territory occupied by the hausafulani today.

Pls go and do your research.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Accused Of Photoshopping This Picture / Designer Emeka Opara Measures Tinubu's Dress Size (photos) / Owerri Prison Break In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.