Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,858 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems (17698 Views)

Please Help Me, My Blog Posts Aren't Displaying Contents (body) The Blog Is Word / 10 Reasons Why You Aren't Getting New Opportunities From Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by goingape1: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2017
SirMichael1:
A faceless forum is an internet platform where users’ open threads, make comments, engage in conversations all under the guise of being anonymous. Examples are Nairaland, Kongregate, Pantheonmmo, etc.

I'll be focusing solely on this forum and also use it as an example as it is what we are conversant with.

With the inception of google-reverse image search, your display photo on Nairaland could be easily traced back to your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account and people can get in touch with you through those social media platforms. So you aren’t as anonymous as you think after all.

Google reverse image search is simply uploading a photo or providing a url to the photo on google image search and watch google do its magic of finding out similar images.

What this implies…

1. This implies that if you’re an e-bully and you have your DP placed, you could be easily traced back to any of your social media accounts and get arrested for online battery, e-bullying and other offences (are these even legal?)

2. To the ladies who make it hard for guys to slide into their DMs, Emails or whatever, this idea can come in handy for ‘crushes’ to get in touch with the real person behind a moniker on the social media platform and start off a relationship from there (who knows?)

3. To the stalkers… This just advanced your stalking skills to grade ‘A’ and you can infiltrate your victim’s privacy as you wish and banter them off-NL.

4. E-fights will not only start and end on NL with the deactivation of a moniker, so if a moniker deactivates out of frustration, the attacker could still slide into his/her Facebook wall and continue the assault there until he’s blocked cheesy

5. The wealthy guys, broke guys, slay queens, gold diggers will finally be identified (Not good right? Yeah)

6. Finally, the most dangerous part. You could be killed! Like really killed. If you’ve provoked a serial killer and he does a trackback of your DP and finds your location through Facebook… You’re skewed! Dead! (Yikes! Scary right? Yeah, that wouldn't matter when you're dead grin)

All these can only work if your Nairaland DP is on any other internet platform like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc

Caution: Take heed to these things as you can lose your life.

what manner of piece of shiit is this undecided

come and track me I'm in my house!

1 Like

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by steve6: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2017
Nice!
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by geraldo077: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2017
Is this a way to prevent people from uploading their dp's or what? I just believe when you stay outta trouble you have nothing to fear...I saw an agelong schoolmate here on nairaland when I checked his dp and so we reconnected.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by YourCoffin: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2017
SirMichael1:

When you don't download anything from there, you can't be unmasked even if you don't clear your browser cookie, cache or whatever

This isn't the dark web noob undecided

Baba we dey field. For instance Facebook has API that gives websites a summarized profile of your account as long as you are logged in to facebook, hence the reason I said always clear your cookies or make sure you are logged out.

If you are also in doubt if they can access your browser history just visi Konga or jumia and then visit maybe youtube, you will see the same products you visited displayed to you as adverts
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:41am On Aug 07, 2017
SirMichael1:

What did you you not understand about what I wrote? If you're using a VPN, how would you be traced back using your IP address?? undecided

I use a VPN on NL to post comments because my connection isn't secured and people can trace me back.

Finding you from your email? LWKM. How would you find a person that uses mermaidlala@gmail.com on NL and uses oloriokun@gmail.com on Facebook?

Abeg shut up! angry

see u.
u talk say person fit use comon image trace person, like say na pics I use for here wey I go use for Facebook,.. but wen I mention IP address u come dey tell me to shut up.

u belief say person go mumu to use same dp for Facebook for nairaland but u no gree belief say person fit use d same email for nairaland for anoda social media..

and u dey tell me to shut up.. oga ova sabi.. nam mkpo fo do nangha Ama.
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by introvertme: 10:52am On Aug 07, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

see u.
u talk say person fit use comon image trace person, like say na pics I use for here wey I go use for Facebook,.. but wen I mention IP address u come dey tell me to shut up.

u belief say person go mumu to use same dp for Facebook for nairaland but u no gree belief say person fit use d same email for nairaland for anoda social media..

So many females do it grin
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SirMichael1: 10:54am On Aug 07, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

see u.

I find it difficult to understand your written pidgin

Anyways like I wrote on my first post.

You can only be traced back if you use your NL DP on other media platforms

I didn't say everyone use their NL Dp on Facebook or any other social media site. Don't misquote me please

I wrote about using your NL DP as a traceback to your real identity not that I didn't know that there were other ways but this way can be used by noobs easily. Using IP address is for people who are advanced in technology or computer geeks.

Sorry for shutting you up, you weren't making sense
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by NairaEffect(m): 10:54am On Aug 07, 2017
damilare96:
Sometimes I do wonder if nwaakpe is a human being coz a bloody human won't be doing things like that

That one na possessed..
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by sisisioge: 11:00am On Aug 07, 2017
I agree. God knows I'm not bad mouthed and I don't go looking for trouble. The one time trouble found me because I positioned myself close enough grin, I gave it back to the person shocked. It turned out to be a bad call cos an important person saw it and was disappointed in me. Imagine o...me wey no dey find trouble o grin
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2017
The last point is the most valid.Nigeria is not safe anymore ,beware of ritualist on this forum
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by introvertme: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2017
SirMichael1:

I find it difficult to understand your written pidgin

Anyways like I wrote on my first post.

You can only be traced back if you use your NL DP on other media platforms

I didn't say everyone use their NL Dp on Facebook or any other social media site. Don't misquote me please

I wrote about using your NL DP as a traceback to your real identity not that I didn't know that there were other ways but this way can be used by noobs easily. Using IP address is for people who are advanced in technology or computer geeks.

Sorry for shutting you up, you weren't making sense

Simply search for the username
Half of nairalanders use the same username on some websites grin

that's how I've been able to track some of them grin

I even went as far as exposing one scammer and his series of websites grin

baba go offline Sharps,he even report my post(His full name and surname)
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SirMichael1: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2017
YourCoffin:

Baba we dey field. For instance Facebook has API that gives websites a summarized profile of your account as long as you are logged in to facebook, hence the reason I said always clear your cookies or make sure you are logged out.

If you are also in doubt if they can access your browser history just visi Konga or jumia and then visit maybe youtube, you will see the same products you visited displayed to you as adverts

I'm sorry but are we still talking about faceless forums or online stores, 'cause I feel you just derailed smiley

These website admins have the right as stated on their website to use your cookie to give you a pleasureable experience. Your cookies help them narrow out your preferred likes and your IP also gives them your location.

Only computer geeks can spend ample time fishing out an individual using cookies, caches or IP address. What I wrote is darn simple and doesn't require advanced knowledge in computing. Its just for noobs
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SirMichael1: 11:07am On Aug 07, 2017
SINZ:
Since I have my pic on my dp, I'm in my office, come and beat me undecided

Who wants to trace an albino with a goatee? undecided
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Donkaz(m): 11:10am On Aug 07, 2017
Thank God I never do any bad thing oo
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SINZ: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2017
SirMichael1:

Who wants to trace an albino with a goatee? undecided

Maybe a witless dunce like you.
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by YourCoffin: 11:17am On Aug 07, 2017
SirMichael1:

I'm sorry but are we still talking about faceless forums or online stores, 'cause I feel you just derailed smiley

These website admins have the right as stated on their website to use your cookie to give you a pleasureable experience. Your cookies help them narrow out your preferred likes and your IP also gives them your location.

Only computer geeks can spend ample time fishing out an individual using cookies, caches or IP address. What I wrote is darn simple and doesn't require advanced knowledge in computing. Its just for noobs

Yep. It doesn't protect them either.

I'm only pointing out the loopholes that can be used in faceless forums to achieve similar purpose. And you don't really have to be that techy to do it.
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SirMichael1: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2017
SINZ:

Maybe a witless dunce like you.

I have better things doing than tracing douchebags. What in the world is your identity worth? A shilling or two?

Only ritualist have dealings with you albino undecided
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Iamzik: 11:41am On Aug 07, 2017
K024:
What about those folks that say "I'm in my house come and beat me"?

No worries

Google will soon trace their house addresses for us then....

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 07, 2017
Isiz:
That's scary...but I'm untouchable grin grin grin
really aren't you from Ibadan grin

Need I say more
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SINZ: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2017
SirMichael1:

I have better things doing that tracing douchebags. What in the world is your identity worth? A shilling or two?

Only ritualist have dealings with you albino undecided

Better things like sitting up in your mudhut racking up sweat in your armpits while typing useless articles on how to stalk?

What explains how a jobless little skank like you got the inspiration to scribble this literary jargon if not your overwhelming need to spy on others in order to be sure that their life is a miserable as yours? grin

Blind bat! Your eyes were probably used to appease the deity who cursed your mother with barreness, hence the reason you can't tell a light-skinned guy apart from an albino gringrin
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2017
many people here are so sloppy, you can trace the emails addy they drop here back to their facebook profile
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by nefertitiram: 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
Why will I use my photo as NL DP in the first place? Na so I mumu reach
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by kpaofame: 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2017
so i create a specific email for Nairaland and other social media accounts...

Forward men can always use Ghost mode...but i have nothing to fear, i most likely will say offline what i am saying online....
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Isiz(f): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
sunshineG:
really aren't you from Ibadan grin

Need I say more

I'm not from ibadan
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
Isiz:

I'm not from ibadan
you stay there right sad
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Nyouth: 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
yea with this people like ipobexposed will have no hiding place lolz
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Dicksonpal: 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2017
SirMichael1:
A faceless forum is an internet platform where users’ open threads, make comments, engage in conversations all under the guise of being anonymous. Examples are Nairaland, Kongregate, Pantheonmmo, etc.

I'll be focusing solely on this forum and also use it as an example as it is what we are conversant with.

With the inception of google-reverse image search, your display photo on Nairaland could be easily traced back to your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account and people can get in touch with you through those social media platforms. So you aren’t as anonymous as you think after all.

Google reverse image search is simply uploading a photo or providing a url to the photo on google image search and watch google do its magic of finding out similar images.

What this implies…

1. This implies that if you’re an e-bully and you have your DP placed, you could be easily traced back to any of your social media accounts and get arrested for online battery, e-bullying and other offences (are these even legal?)

2. To the ladies who make it hard for guys to slide into their DMs, Emails or whatever, this idea can come in handy for ‘crushes’ to get in touch with the real person behind a moniker on the social media platform and start off a relationship from there (who knows?)

3. To the stalkers… This just advanced your stalking skills to grade ‘A’ and you can infiltrate your victim’s privacy as you wish and banter them off-NL.

4. E-fights will not only start and end on NL with the deactivation of a moniker, so if a moniker deactivates out of frustration, the attacker could still slide into his/her Facebook wall and continue the assault there until he’s blocked cheesy

5. The wealthy guys, broke guys, slay queens, gold diggers will finally be identified (Not good right? Yeah)

6. Finally, the most dangerous part. You could be killed! Like really killed. If you’ve provoked a serial killer and he does a trackback of your DP and finds your location through Facebook… You’re skewed! Dead! (Yikes! Scary right? Yeah, that wouldn't matter when you're dead grin)

All these can only work if your Nairaland DP is on any other internet platform like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc

Caution: Take heed to these things as you can lose your life.

what people don't understand is that annoying people online is risky, a very bad guy might track without dps, a good looking lady might be used to track such bully down in real life... There's no faceless forum.. Guys
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by optional1(f): 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
Why u dey fear u don do bad tin abi cheesy cheesy cheesy

why i go fear me is a good girl nah..
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
Indeed grin wink
optional1:

why i go fear me is a good girl nah..
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by optional1(f): 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
Jabioro:
Cha! see as you cute for nairaland foto.. me I like you and I wanted to have you as my love.. Hmmm na Monday morning abi.. no excuse because I no go gree.. Seun you dey see the bridge.. optionals

lolz
*you wanted* but what happen now?

See don't find me and come to sambisa oh..
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Flamezreal(m): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
Google reverse image search
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Obdk: 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
your post no get depth.
how do u talk of un-facing without due recourse to ip address.
With your IP. address, someone can not just track u to u, but track you to ur house or workplace and then beat u up (for all those that say I dey my house come and beat me)

on nairaland if someone sends u a DM and u reply, the person will know ur email address, and with ur email address someone can trace ur oda social media accounts and then find u and ur loved ones.

another thing is, some of us will write a post, share it on our social media walls and bring it here to share as well... all it will take will be to take most of ur post, and search, if it keeps turning up on a particular social media handle.. then that's the face.

another way of unearthing a face behind a moniker is to find an email ripper all, and then rip the email from the persons page, and then work on searching up the email on the social media.

WITH THAT BEING SAID AND DONE, I WANT TO GIVE A SHOUTOUT TO ALL THOSE WORKING TIRELESSLY TO UNEARTH THE PERSON BEHIND MY MONIKER.. ladies and gentlemen... WORK HARDER.

Dat na for person wey use correct email address...

U fit use vpn mask ur ip

U can still remain anonymous if u want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I integrate as sms system to my website. any help? / How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project / I Will Create A Professional Blog For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.