Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. (50547 Views)

40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / How Do I Plant Ewedu ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by MrIrohKenedy: 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
ReachHard:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
omenka ooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Samuelakindeji: 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
fullstreets:
I don't even know d size of d normal one, m just commenting.
the size of a normal jute leaf is 2 - 4 metres long.. the plants are not typically and conventionally as tall as the one i posted.. its quite absurd
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Samuelakindeji: 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
wtfcoded:
Dem ewedu consumers just dey jubilate 4 this thread like say dat pic na their nnamdi kanu undecided
lolll na u knw.. proudly ewedu consumer...
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by LordofNaija: 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
if I say hydrau.... u say .....
...lic�
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by maasoap(m): 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
MEILYN:
Yorubas and Ewedu are like 5 and 6 grin grin.... See happiness everywhere because of Ewedu plant grin

Only that single plant now go fit make like 5 pots of soup. Them no dey like spend money for food at all. Only Water and plenty Palm oil is enough...
How much you spend on soup depends on how deep your pocket is. It is an individual thing, nothing to do with what tribe you're.
While Yoruba prefer preparing two types of soups separately at any given point in time, your tribe prefer to put everything in a single pot with being extra very careful with amount of oil to use because oil is now an expensive commodity. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Samuelakindeji: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
AfonjaBoston:
Doesn't look like ewedu leaves.
Op you sure say na ewedu be that.
Ewedu leaves are not broad or wide no matter the length
this is ewedu plant.. i was surprised wen i saw it too.. i cooked it after uprooting it...dts to tel u its real. This is an extraordinary ewedu plant..dts why it looks different.
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Samuelakindeji: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
orjaha:
is the lord doing my brother
and it is marvelous in our sight, my brother
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by urvillagepeoplee(m): 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
LordofNaija:
...lic�
gringringringrin
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by urvillagepeoplee(m): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
LordofNaija:
...lic�
gringringringrin
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Smartjob1(f): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
Why must you compare the height with a female's average height?

Is the plant not taller than most men?

Bia, ayam warning you for the last time o!
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by urvillagepeoplee(m): 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
ibkayee:
Hydrocodone (drugs) wink
grin
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Samuelakindeji: 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
Smartjob1:

madam, no vex ma. after makimg my research, i discovered d best analogy i can use for nairalanders to understand clearly is u damsels' height oo lipsrsealed
Smartjob1:

madam, no vex ma. after makimg my research, i discovered d best analogy i can use for nairalanders to understand clearly is u damsels' height oo
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
Christmas don come for my Afonja bros cheesy grin

Come see as ewedu dey give dem joy!!!

Hip hip hooray!!!
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Wiseoldman: 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
EasyWork001:
Christmas don come for my Afonja bros cheesy grin

Come see as ewedu dey give dem joy!!!

Hip hip hooray!!!

Same way Beef Burger gives the Americans Joy. In sure you will more proud of the beef Burger compared to you local food. That's why we have all these terminal diseases nowadays, when we where eating our Ewedu, cancer was non existent. Now with all these crazy foreign food everything is upside down.

This is the same Ewedu that has been grown for food since 6000BC. It us said that the Egyptian queen Clopatria ate if for its health benefit. As African we need to be proud of what we have. All these slay queens will be asking for French fries in every outing even when the potatoes is grown in Niger state, what makes it French.

1 Like

Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by jaymichael(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
MEILYN:
Yorubas and Ewedu are like 5 and 6 grin grin.... See happiness everywhere because of Ewedu plant grin

Only that single plant now go fit make like 5 pots of soup. Them no dey like spend money for food at all. Only Water and plenty Palm oil is enough...

Modified: With enough pepper.
Lol, na my people you dey yab like this so o. No worry God dey.
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Wiseoldman: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
jaymichael:
Lol, na my people you dey yab like this so o. No worry God dey.

Don't mind him, I guess he would have good things to say about "French" fries, "Scotch" Egg, "American" Burger, "Chinese" Rice, "Italian" Wine, "French" Toast. Africans need to rise up and think!!!

Neocolonialism is alive and thriving in the heart of the Indomie generation!!!! I guess we have to bank on the next generation to save us....the story continues.
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by talebearer123: 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
Quality20:
what are d benefits of ewedu soup or leave. can we prepare it with spinach!?

You Asked for it.

In Yoruba land it is believed that when a woman goes into labour and she tarries in labour rush to the market and go and buy ewedu cook for her to drink. No salt no stew.

But the Eewo (taboo) there is when you get to the market dont say you want to buy Ewedu but rather say you want to buy Abiweere leaves. The market women immediately know what you are buying it for soo they too wont called it Eweedu. But thats what theyld give to you. It worked for our forefathers and may be it is still working for those that believe it.
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by otil1: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
Op, Pls I want to plant Ewedu in my compound.

Any idea of how to get the seed?

Does it grow on the stem so I can buy a bunch from market and plant by the stem?

Tnx
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
Wiseoldman:

Same way Beef Burger gives the Americans Joy. In sure you will more proud of the beef Burger compared to you local food. That's why we have all these terminal diseases nowadays, when we where eating our Ewedu, cancer was non existent. Now with all these crazy foreign food everything is upside down.

This is the same Ewedu that has been grown for food since 6000BC. It us said that the Egyptian queen Clopatria ate if for its health benefit. As African we need to be proud of what we have. All these slay queens will be asking for French fries in every outing even when the potatoes is grown in Niger state, what makes it French.

Ur 100% correct. Veggies are the best... even if its ewedu

By the way, where I'm from, we arguably have the best variety of soup in Nigeria. So I'm as proud of my dishes as you are proud of your hydraulic-style soup grin
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by lonelydora: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
Keneking:
In South West abi grin grin

Abandoned property...please check for king cobra too cheesy

You refused to reply my questions? I'm looking for answers to it.
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Samuelakindeji: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
otil1:
Op, Pls I want to plant Ewedu in my compound.

Any idea of how to get the seed?

Does it grow on the stem so I can buy a bunch from market and plant by the stem?

Tnx
No bro, it doesnt grow by planting the stem. it only grows by planting the seed. n how can u get d seed? i got mine in d market, precisely those selling vegetable seeds. i tink u can get urs from them too. Enjoy!
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by NLorubebe(m): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
Frenchfriez:
Ewedu is my worst soup. That, and amala as my worst food.
the food combo I hate most is amala and ewedu
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by BigBrother9ja: 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
MEILYN:

Modified: With enough pepper.
And with that, we still get sense pass una oṣùs tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
Samuelakindeji:
This is what i came across in my farm today. This plant is Called 'Ewedu' in my local dialect (Yoruba) but the English name is Jute leaves and Corchorus, as the botanical name. This will be the tallest Ewedu plant i have ever seen in my life.. It is almost two times the height of an average human being (Female), that is 2 X 5ft. This is awesome!

Bros abeg show us amala plant.
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Abiagirl777(f): 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
ReachHard:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

this right here is repulsing, like a baby's first poop in life that has meconium.

1 Like

Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Abiagirl777(f): 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
BAGCOSACK:

Una sef dey chop leaves like goddamn goats.
Uziza leaves, nkita ara leaves.
F*uking herbivores.

that is why you hardly hear of pile in the east ,man is more a herbivore and that is what your system can digest efficiently.
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Thobiy(m): 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
MEILYN:
It's 2017 and you still don't understand sarcasm.
Mr verbalist, it seems you did not check my first post, i was only making a banter, but the guy who quoted me was kind of being serious and that was why i ask him to decide the meaning of what he was saying, if he was making a sarcastic comment or not.
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by FOLLEY20(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
Yes Now! We have that kind of ewedu in our compound sometime ago that almost grow to the roof of our house. It's not new.
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by ReachHard: 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
Abiagirl777:

this right here is repulsing, like a baby's first poop in life that has meconium.

...Bebe, shey you don see am nah cheesy
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2017
lonelydora:

You refused to reply my questions? I'm looking for answers to it.

Really, I replied your pm
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by lonelydora: 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
Keneking:

Really, I replied your pm
I didn't see it in my mail
Re: An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
lonelydora:

I didn't see it in my mail

How may I be of epp?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Yams I Bought To Eat Have Started Growing In My Room / Photos Of Slay Goat That Refused To Breastfeed Her Baby, After Giving Birth / Meet The Igbo Man Who Is A Cattle Rearer And See How He Does It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.