Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee (50219 Views)

Corper Uwaoma Susan Joseph Buys Keke Napep From Her NYSC Allowance Savings / NYSC Goes After 75 Ex- Corp Members For Refusing To Repay BTW N300k & N400k Loan / Help Me:i Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by motherfucker: 4:01am On Aug 10, 2017
pasco30:

Pls can you kindly post d link of the treasury bill thread thanks
go to business section and then investment section. E dey dia for years.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by FIDELITY24(m): 4:28am On Aug 10, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
People like u feed and parasite on other Corp members during service. Without prayers, deliverance, and repentance, that money will be wasted on irrelevant investments.
so because the NYSC allawee is small, it means he was feeding off other corp members while he saves his own allawee or you did not read the part where he said he also did private lessons + the money from his PPA. The thing is most of us (youths) can't sacrifice or delay the gratification we will get from flexing for the sake of our future, we keep saying that the money is too small but the truth is if you can't save from the little money, you definitely won't be able to save from the big money. OP keep it up and dont give up, where there is determination a way can surely be found.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Buharison: 4:39am On Aug 10, 2017
ststyreal:

You are such a funny fellow, you just make me smile now
You are highly welcome maa grin
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by waldigit: 5:04am On Aug 10, 2017
jwax:
Nairalanders please I need your candid advise. Presently I am a Batch B corp member that will be passing out in October. Have been able to save up to N300,000 during this service period. I never touched my allawee, I didn't buy any clothes or even clubbed, I fed and lived on money I get from private lessons and the 5k Stipend my PPA give me, so that made me to save allawee and also the little I get from private lessons.

Right now I will be going into labor market and my heart is already beating fast.

The money isn't enough to even rent a shop and I don't know what to invest in, I don't want to go into network marketing cos even my 140k in Swiss Golden didn't come back to me and am so pained.

Please I need investment advise

Its too small to put into business. Except you already have a profitable one. I expect you save hundred k. Then set hundred apart to learn a top notched skill in coding, IT, and online Forex. Master those skills and become self employed while you are still searching for job. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Adesekot: 5:09am On Aug 10, 2017
jwax:
Nairalanders please I need your candid advise. Presently I am a Batch B corp member that will be passing out in October. Have been able to save up to N300,000 during this service period. I never touched my allawee, I didn't buy any clothes or even clubbed, I fed and lived on money I get from private lessons and the 5k Stipend my PPA give me, so that made me to save allawee and also the little I get from private lessons.

Right now I will be going into labor market and my heart is already beating fast.

The money isn't enough to even rent a shop and I don't know what to invest in, I don't want to go into network marketing cos even my 140k in Swiss Golden didn't come back to me and am so pained.

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by lecturerdabo(m): 5:36am On Aug 10, 2017
H
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Ndkings1(m): 5:38am On Aug 10, 2017
Sachiopropty:

300k is a good sum to start a Business which I will introduce to you .
First of all this sum of yours will earn you 40k Profit every Month its stress free low risk and believe me not internet marketing the business I chose to introduce to you is a thriving BUSINES .
Contact me on WhatsApp for more inquiries
Hmmmm this one sounds like a fraudster...

@OP you have to be very careful with all this people.

Don't let desperation make you fall victim

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by guru90: 5:39am On Aug 10, 2017
elyte89:
Ogbeni ,300k,u no chop at all during service grin

I just the surprised self. Blcos I De serve in Ebonyi state. And I will pass out on October as well.

Me from Jan To August now. I never save up to 10,000.00 naira. All my allawi, Ebonyi state dey collect am bak via expenditure.

State no dey pay us only FG........

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by mytym1: 6:09am On Aug 10, 2017
jwax:

Hmmmmm 300k you try ooh, during my own time I only saved the last payment 41k and used it to do international passport immediately we passed out.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Bjgirl1: 6:10am On Aug 10, 2017
My dad just opened one and it costs 950,000 including shop rent..
kennyclassic:

Bro, what does it take to own a bet9ja shop?
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 10, 2017
Yabiola26:

Join a what'sapp agropenuer group and thank me later you will be glad you did..
An exerpts from the group today

COST BREAKDOWN OF ONE HECTARE OF MAIZE
1. Mechanical land clearing and preparation = N25,000
2. Land lease charges: N8,500 per hectare per year
3. Consultancy and administrative fees = N25,000/hectare/planting season (these include security arrangement, community development services, signpost construction/demarcation barriers, logistics, research and farm management)
4. Maize seeds @ N700 per kg, 20kg will be needed for 1hectare = N14,000
5. Mechanical Planting = (N10,000 per hectare)
6. Pre-emergence herbicides (5 liters at N2500/l) = N12,500
7. Fertilizer (ratio of 20:10:10, 9 bags at N10,000/bag) = N90,000
8. Application of herbicides = N10,000
9. Labour cost for application of fertilizer (8 pd at N500/pd) = N4,000
10. I Unit of Knapsack Sprayer = N2,000 (One-time purchase).
11. Harvesting = N15,000
12. Miscellaneous (especially for unforeseen expenses or circumstances, for example in case we may have to buy pesticides, for example, there was an infestation of army worms last season so we have to be fully prepared, although the chances of insect attack in maize is very low, we have to be prepared for all outcomes) = N15,000
Total
COST OF FIRST SEASON OF PLANTING = N231,000
COST OF SECOND SEASON OF PLANTING = N204,000
MAIZE GROWS VERY QUICKLY, READY FOR HARVEST IN JUST TWO MONTHS AND THESE EXPENSES ARE MADE OVER THE SAME PERIOD AND NOT AT ONCE.
PROFITS AND RETURNS
You can get up to 2 tonnes (2,000kg), of processed maize grains from one hectare. One tonne goes for N183,130 and two tonnes will be N366,260.
PURE PROFITS IN FIRST SEASON = N135,260
PURE PROFITS IN SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT SEASONS = N162,260
PLEASE NOTE: JOINING A GROUP OR PAIRING UP WITH A NAIRA MEMBER GREATLY REDUCES THE COST. A GROUP CAN HAVE A MAXIMUM OF SIX PEOPLE.
Can you please share the whatsapp group link
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by itsmaleekbaby(m): 6:45am On Aug 10, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
put am for MMM na??

And MMM is 100% now!!
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by austinereds(m): 6:48am On Aug 10, 2017
Not bad at least op should have made up his mind. it's all about self. also caught up in this limbo. still find it funny that corpers complains that allawee is not enough.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 10, 2017
I can see some people berating the op. If you are still in doubt, I will tell you how he did it.
Some of us served in rural areas, which is the best as you get to save 90%of your allowance if not all. Feeding is cheap and you can live off 6k a month if you buy your food in bulk...
I have a girlfriend but that does not mean I should squander all money on her. She was in shock when I told her last month that I had over 300k in money market fund. Girls can spend money so beware.

My advice is for any serving Corp member to get a side job. That way you can earn an extra 10-15k added to your alawee. Save them. Don't buy clothes for fvck sake. You don't need them yet.

Don't loaf around during your service year.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by jwax: 6:56am On Aug 10, 2017
FIDELITY24:
so because the NYSC allawee is small, it means he was feeding off other corp members while he saves his own allawee or you did not read the part where he said he also did private lessons + the money from his PPA. The thing is most of us (youths) can't sacrifice or delay the gratification we will get from flexing for the sake of our future, we keep saying that the money is too small but the truth is if you can't save from the little money, you definitely won't be able to save from the big money. OP keep it up and dont give up, where there is determination a way can surely be found.

God bless you sir.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by jwax: 7:01am On Aug 10, 2017
radiokilla:
I can see some people berating the op. If you are still in doubt, I will tell you how he did it.
Some of us served in rural areas, which is the best as you get to save 90%of your allowance if not all. Feeding is cheap and you can live off 6k a month if you buy your food in bulk...
I have a girlfriend but that does not mean I should squander all money on her. She was in shock when I told her last month that I had over 300k in money market fund. Girls can spend money so beware.

My advice is for any serving Corp member to get a side job. That way you can earn an extra 10-15k added to your alawee. Save them. Don't buy clothes for fvck sake. You don't need them yet.

That's it bro, getting a side job
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by AlwaysUltraPad: 7:05am On Aug 10, 2017
elyte89:
Ogbeni ,300k,u no chop at all during service grin
that guy na legend. I spent my own before it came.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Olurinade10(m): 7:07am On Aug 10, 2017
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by GreatManBee: 7:20am On Aug 10, 2017
Yabiola26:

Join a what'sapp agropenuer group and thank me later you will be glad you did..
An exerpts from the group today

COST BREAKDOWN OF ONE HECTARE OF MAIZE
1. Mechanical land clearing and preparation = N25,000
2. Land lease charges: N8,500 per hectare per year
3. Consultancy and administrative fees = N25,000/hectare/planting season (these include security arrangement, community development services, signpost construction/demarcation barriers, logistics, research and farm management)
4. Maize seeds @ N700 per kg, 20kg will be needed for 1hectare = N14,000
5. Mechanical Planting = (N10,000 per hectare)
6. Pre-emergence herbicides (5 liters at N2500/l) = N12,500
7. Fertilizer (ratio of 20:10:10, 9 bags at N10,000/bag) = N90,000
8. Application of herbicides = N10,000
9. Labour cost for application of fertilizer (8 pd at N500/pd) = N4,000
10. I Unit of Knapsack Sprayer = N2,000 (One-time purchase).
11. Harvesting = N15,000
12. Miscellaneous (especially for unforeseen expenses or circumstances, for example in case we may have to buy pesticides, for example, there was an infestation of army worms last season so we have to be fully prepared, although the chances of insect attack in maize is very low, we have to be prepared for all outcomes) = N15,000
Total
COST OF FIRST SEASON OF PLANTING = N231,000
COST OF SECOND SEASON OF PLANTING = N204,000
MAIZE GROWS VERY QUICKLY, READY FOR HARVEST IN JUST TWO MONTHS AND THESE EXPENSES ARE MADE OVER THE SAME PERIOD AND NOT AT ONCE.
PROFITS AND RETURNS
You can get up to 2 tonnes (2,000kg), of processed maize grains from one hectare. One tonne goes for N183,130 and two tonnes will be N366,260.
PURE PROFITS IN FIRST SEASON = N135,260
PURE PROFITS IN SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT SEASONS = N162,260
PLEASE NOTE: JOINING A GROUP OR PAIRING UP WITH A NAIRA MEMBER GREATLY REDUCES THE COST. A GROUP CAN HAVE A MAXIMUM OF SIX PEOPLE.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by pawesome(m): 7:23am On Aug 10, 2017
jwax:

Which state do u reside in n wia did u serve
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Arnoldo(m): 7:26am On Aug 10, 2017
jwax:

Go into mini importation
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by authority2006(m): 7:34am On Aug 10, 2017
tonasibe:

How did you save 300k? #19800*12?
Let me guess: you stopped at reading only the topic.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Jomark(m): 7:37am On Aug 10, 2017
Beedude:

That's never a passion. U can make plenty money tru yahoo, drugs, or ritual. When money is ur passion running a legit business will be difficult. Check tru my previous quotes and u will get ur answer to the question u asked . Thanks

money is my passion, bro.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 10, 2017
joshuakdboy:
I'm here to get ideas. same situation as you op. I also have been saving since I started NYSC. I'd pass out in October as well. I've Been thinking about the labour market though I have a First Class in mathematics and this university I'm serving might have interest in me.
I want to start a business after passing out.

cheers.

may we be favoured.
You have a first class in maths - that's nice. How good are you at ordinary differential equation, partial differential equation, numerical methods, Fourier series and Laplace transform?
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Ymodulus: 7:46am On Aug 10, 2017
Hello Jwax can you contact me?

I have something for you.

Also let me have your contact

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by authority2006(m): 7:47am On Aug 10, 2017
jwax:
Nairalanders please I need your candid advise. Presently I am a Batch B corp member that will be passing
@op I won't give you any business advice as many people have already done that, may be you are even confused now. But let me say this: I saved 350k during my service year. It would have been more than that but I was also buying furniture and other household items along the line.
I came back from service hoping to get a salary job but salary job didn't surface, so I kept spending my saving until it depleted to 100k!
My advice: as soon as you are back, hit the ground running. It may be business, it may be govt bonds to secure that saving of yours if you don't have business idea.
Just don't leave that money in your account and don't give anyone to hold it for you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Mup4life: 7:48am On Aug 10, 2017
radiokilla:

pls, which firm do you use for the market funds and what's the interest rate? Thnks
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by authority2006(m): 7:49am On Aug 10, 2017
Ymodulus:
Hello Jwax can you contact me?

I have something for you.

Also let me have your contact
The real Ymodulus, am I free to contact you as well?
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by millhouse: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2017
Nice one
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by dakeskese(m): 7:51am On Aug 10, 2017
motherfucker:
yes, the job thing does not mean those who didn't apply are failures like deepwater assumed or want us to believe.

I know a few of my friends that were extremely good academically when we were in school but today they do not have the jobs that those that got the oil jobs who aren't even their match mentally got.

You see how unfair life has become?

Places where people are going to apply for jobs are just packaged "business center" when you look at things critically.

Running your own business is also a job... you are solving a problem in the society. You do not expect me to take up a job that pays 100k when I know what I can do to make same 100k without working for someone and in some cases if I work hard, due to free time, I can make that 100k 3 times to 6 times depending on how things go for me.

Solve a problem, Solve Problems, Solve more problems... money made anywhere is SAME.

The money you make while being in a fully aircondition room is no different from money you make why delivery service such as selling food. Money na money. The only difference might just be the quantity, which a little leverage can help you with here and there.

I know a woman that kills FULL cow every forking day to sell her food to customers. She serve bankers and other "co-operate" workers lol. And she sells every piece of it everyday with nothing remaining till next day... here is the shocker... The taste of her Egusi soup is not the best i have ever had and even my late mother did a better job at that than this woman....but she never tasted such fortune from her culinary skills lol. People told her she was a good cook till she died but mum didn't explore that.

Food business is all about location. I am looking at acquiring a sizable portion of a land at my junction that the owners have abandoned for year to 2X2 shops owners in very disarray arrangements lol and turn it into a hub into 3 services: One food, 2nd sales of meat in branded form and 4 a big pharmacy store. How do I know that I will thrive? It's simple because some persons occupying that land currently are making good money from it. There is even one that does night food there and she sells all every day. Which means they have done the litmus test for me... no need to reinvent the wheel smiley

So what am i driving at, identify a skill that you have in possession. You do not have to be the best but be bold and courageous enough to ACT!

You also need to master how identify problems and voids within the society and the rest will be history.
Great one!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Six Couples, 2019 Corpers Who Got Married (Photos) / Corper Somtochukwu Okonkwo Uses 5 Months Allowance To Develop Ogun Village / Corpers Pay ‘Thank You’ Visit To Buhari Over N33,000 NYSC Allowance (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.