Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You (1486 Views)

Beware Guys: This Is What Girls Are Doing Now / “I Don’t Want An Ugly Man I Can’t Kiss”; Lady Begins Search For Husband. Photos / Nice Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by azibit: 6:24am On Aug 10, 2017
Yes, you did hold open that door for me, no you can’t have my number

It has nothing to do with you not being alpha. It has everything to do with your arrogance and entitlement to my sexuality and privacy

Can you just leave, now
I’m really, really tired of this excuse: ‘You don’t like me because I’m nice.’
On the contrary, I don’t think I’ve ever dated someone I didn’t consider nice. As someone who is widely considered the most vanilla girl-next-door on the planet, I’m not really into massive jerks. I like nice men. That’s probably my type. I’m nice-sexual. So why don’t I like you?

Because, frankly, you act as if doing me a favor, or treating me kindly, somehow grants you the god-given right to my body. Not so, sir, not so. I’m grateful you lent me your pencil or showed me how to open that locker, but that sense of gratitude doesn’t equal all encompassing lust. I’m flattered you said my dress was pretty and it was extremely kind of you to pay for my coffee, but again, nil points for being nice. I’m nice to women. I don’t demand they date me. Why do you?

This particularly grates me if we are friends. Maybe I chatted to you at a party or we went out for lunch between lectures, but now you are trying to kiss me or have begun sending me very sexual questions. When I politely say I just want to be friends, you say I’ve rejected you because you are ‘nice’. Dude. No. Has it occurred to you, that maybe, just maybe, I’m not sexually attracted to you? Is that even possible? Has that thought crossed your fragile ego at all?

You could be amazingly good looking. God knows I’ve just not had chemistry with the most obscenely attractive men. You could be smart, funny, witty, rich, charismatic, charming, successful, great at roller skating, whatever. The heart wants what it wants. And that’s just not you. Soz.
If you take it VERY personally and get abusive with me, all you are doing is irritating me further. If you start accusing me of leading you on, or friend zoning you, I’m not going to magically turn around and strip. I will just walk away. Becoming antagonistic towards a woman for not wanting to sleep with you is simply childish and petulant. Also, have you considered that I might actually be an okay friend? I have other qualities beside my ability to lie on my back. Most women do. Don’t lose us completely because you see us as pokemon to catch in various public spaces in order to sleep with. We do have more. There is more than relationships.

I blame this in part on our stupid culture. In this day and age, a man over 15 without a girlfriend, or, even better, regular casual sex, is kind of pathetic. So some young guys go around their merry way desperately looking for any female to fill in this weird phallic shaped void in their social ego. And failing to ‘catch’ a girl can be a massive blow for their security.

They normally- in my experience anyway- don’t particularly like you. They just become obsessed for a week/month with a girl they think is achievable. When we aren’t, they respond as if they have failed in some way. Newsflash: women aren’t in tiers. We aren’t neatly stacked in levels of achievability. We aren’t goals or status symbols. We aren’t there to decorate your profile pictures. We are people. And don’t tell me there aren’t men who think like this because I know so many women who experience the same thing.

I’m onto you, Nice Guy. Now please stop bitching about how frigid I am.

Source
https://medium.com/athena-talks/dear-nice-guys-this-is-why-i-don-t-want-you-e54edf531e08
Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by prince2video(m): 6:25am On Aug 10, 2017
Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by Tobisco911(m): 6:29am On Aug 10, 2017
Hmmmm... Coming back for you
Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by gabinogem(m): 6:38am On Aug 10, 2017
There they go again... Toto & penîs issue no dey tire una undecided
Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by segunjowo(m): 6:39am On Aug 10, 2017
Hiss*****
Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by Earthquake1: 6:41am On Aug 10, 2017
Well thought.

1 Like

Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 10, 2017
That you gave a lady a lift doesn't mean you have the right to collect number. She owes you nothing.
Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by Earthquake1: 7:02am On Aug 10, 2017
Rorachy:
That you gave a lady a lift doesn't mean you have the right to collect number. She owes you nothing

Shebi I look like a taxi?

2 Likes

Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 10, 2017
Earthquake1:

Shebi I look like a taxi?
Lolz.
Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by youngin(m): 7:22am On Aug 10, 2017
So what do u have to say for d slay queens
Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by dingbang(m): 7:49am On Aug 10, 2017
Rorachy:
That you gave a lady a lift doesn't mean you have the right to collect number. She owes you nothing.
who your number hepp biko.. Is it gold?
Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2017
dingbang:
who your number hepp biko.. Is it gold?
The banker at it again, since when did you start working in a bank cutevector?
Re: Dear ‘nice Guys™’: This Is Why I Don’t Want You by dingbang(m): 9:59am On Aug 10, 2017
Rorachy:
The banker at it again, since when did you start working in a bank cutevector?
why do you want to know?

(1) (Reply)

30-year Old Man Dies Trying To Enlarge His Man-hood / Man Tells Wife To Drink Water He Used To Wash His Feet / Nigerian Lady Gets Signature On Breasts And Backside From Guys As LAUTECH Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.