Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (380065 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
pretty16:
You all need to check out this link.
https://apple.news/AHpf7jflYRE-M2joQGnjuHQ

I actually read through the proposed bill. I'll attache it here.
Based on it.
DV lottery cancelled
All FB CATEGORIES cancelled except F2A spouse of LPR( essentially siblings adult children married children no longer qualify)
Then only minor children and spouses of USC will qualify. It also means that children would be considered 18yrs and below and adults can't get immigrant visas for their parents under IR category. However they proposed a 5 year nonimmigrant visa for applying for parents which would not entitle parents to benefits and require health insurance.
Similarly the annual number of visas available would reduce to 88000 or so. Although the cancellation of DV will add visas numbers available to the current categories
If this bill goes through (which it will - it may be adapted but it's going to happen one way or the other) then it will become effective on the fiscal year after the bill is enacted. So that the fiscal year 2019 which starts in October.

Someone mentioned that it won't affect petitions already approved. ...hmm I think it will. The Bill doesn't seem to address the backlog already existing and I'm concerned that it may mean longer waits for for those already waiting.

I hope they make amendments to the BILL at least to address the current wait times, something drastic like anyone's petition still has 5 years and more to wait is cancelled. That will really clear backlog. People are on 14-2years wait already....that's an administrative nightmare
I would also like to see immediate US citizenships none of this LPR business.

One thing is for sure. Something will happen before March because the need to resolve DACA properly. And in resolving DACA they must address chain migration (family based categories)

Honestly until that happens then I dont think we should expect any significant movement this fiscal year.
US immigration is long overdue

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2018
Wow!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2018
pretty16:
Wow!
Had it been dis Trrump guy had been d POTUS in d past 2years or more, that's how my American dream would have been a mirage...

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 1:04am On Jan 27, 2018
Oladeep:
Had it been dis Trrump guy had been d POTUS in d past 2years or more, that's how my American dream would have been a mirage...

cheesy . I tell u
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 7:18am On Jan 27, 2018
hope say d waiting no go be in vain...
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 6:28pm On Jan 27, 2018
abeg person wey em priority date na 2012 and dem approve am 2015 after em don do dna..abeg wen dem supose receive info from embassy
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 12:00am On Jan 28, 2018
stacyadams:
abeg person wey em priority date na 2012 and dem approve am 2015 after em don do dna..abeg wen dem supose receive info from embassy
What Visa category?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
Oladeep:
What Visa category?
f1 unmarried sons and daughters of citizen
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2018
stacyadams:

Have you received the welcome letter from NVC?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
no ..
pretty16:

Have you received the welcome letter from NVC?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
stacyadams:
no ..

You will have to receive the welcome letter first from NVC, then go through the instructions from step 1-6. Then get a case complete. If your case becomes current early, you will get an early interview date. But if your case is not yet current even after you get case complete, you will have no choice than to wait. Just like the rest of us are waiting now. Even after getting case complete. Cos our cases are not yet current.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2018
Check the Visa bulletin, the 2nd dates for assembling of documents. F1 is in 2012, but I don't know the particular month.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
ok thanks
pretty16:

You will have to receive the welcome letter first from NVC, then go through the instructions from step 1-6. Then get a case complete. If your case becomes current early, you will get an early interview date. But if your case is not yet current even after you get case complete, you will have no choice than to wait. Just like the rest of us are waiting now. Even after getting case complete. Cos our cases are not yet current.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2018
Check the Visa bulletin, the 2nd dates for assembling of documents. F1 is in 2012, but I don't know the particular month. You will known once it gets to your turn to hear from NVC
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2018
stacyadams:
Current filing wait time is 6 years 1 month. expect from NVC any moment from now.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ken1982: 6:07am On Jan 31, 2018
hi...please ehn what is the difference between PCC and NBI and how can one obtain it from outside nigeria
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ken1982: 6:20am On Jan 31, 2018
lol...this got me tripping in my head. same shit happened to me but LORD so kind the fellow is busy looking for oyibo wife on visit visa as na fake as nigga in be right from time while me i dy my zone jeje dy chop chicken biriyani for middle east. See ..helping people is fun. no regrets.
even if they do not remember you when they are up OLUWA is more than sufficient for us all.
pretty16:

Hi guys. Am sure you all would be wondering why i did not share my friend's interview experience. Its funny how life is. Someone that I know very well, we went to the same school. , to be frank when he started this immigration journey, he did not know jack about the process, cos he is not the type that reads to get information. He was always, Chatting with me, asking about how the process goes, and being the type of person I am, I am always willing to help. I even told him to get his NPC certificate, so as not to have any form of delay after interview. Up to the medicals hospital to use, he pinged me, I sent him the Addy. From start to finish of this journey, if he says i have not been of help to him, even God will be angry with him. And then just to share his experience at the embassy, he started behaving funny, just posting me. I didn't even bother to ask him again. Am just baffled. Imagine us on nairaland how we are so willing to give ppl info that can help, even when we don't know each other or haven't seen face to face. and then someone I know is keeping to himself becos he feels he has done his, and doesn't need anyones help anymore. Smh
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 2:38pm On Jan 31, 2018
ken1982:
lol...this got me tripping in my head. same shit happened to me but LORD so kind the fellow is busy looking for oyibo wife on visit visa as na fake as nigga in be right from time while me i dy my zone jeje dy chop chicken biriyani for middle east. See ..helping people is fun. no regrets.
even if they do not remember you when they are up OLUWA is more than sufficient for us all.

cheesy grin. Yes ooo. Oluwa is more than sufficient. Apparently the guy came to his senses. Called me and was apologising that he was busy, i tell am say i hear you. That this one he chats with me on WhatsApp and I keep to myself. I told him why won't I keep to myself when he was acting like say person wan winchy am. Whether I wan come collect him travel documents from am ni, just to discuss how his interview went he started acting funny. Whether na like that I take behave towards am, when he was asking for help about his immigration process. He now apologized and made peace, I told him no hard feelings. He Called me yesterday that he is leaving naija next week. His younger Bro already left with his mom 2days ago. Told him I wish him all the best and he should make sure he comes back on time to file for his kids and get married to their mom. He said he will do that next year.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ken1982: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2018
Nice....no mind am. Life is good
pretty16:

cheesy grin. Yes ooo. Oluwa is more than sufficient. Apparently the guy came to his senses. Called me and was apologising that he was busy, i tell am say i hear you. That this one he chats with me on WhatsApp and I keep to myself. I told him why won't I keep to myself when he was acting like say person wan winchy am. Whether I wan come collect him travel documents from am ni, just to discuss how his interview went he started acting funny. Whether na like that I take behave towards am, when he was asking for help about his immigration process. He now apologized and made peace, I told him no hard feelings. He Called me yesterday that he is leaving naija next week. His younger Bro already left with his mom 2days ago. Told him I wish him all the best and he should make sure he comes back on time to file for his kids and get married to their mom. He said he will do that next year.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2018
Oladeep:
Current filing wait time is 6 years 1 month. expect from NVC any moment from now.
thanx bro and pretty16 too

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
pretty16:

How many kids does he have? Thinking of impregnating my babe, engage her and later come back to marry her, file for her and my kid and later travel together. I'm afraid we might not end up together if I leave without engaging or being committed to her and I no wan lose that babe as she has been with me when I have nothing and still with me till now. She deserves d best and my Sis dey always tell me say wife no dey abroad o! lol. We can't go together for now considering all d expenses involved...abeg una advice is needed, those that have been in dis kinda situation.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2018
Oladeep:
How many kids does he have? Thinking of impregnating my babe, engage her and later come back to marry her, file for her and my kid and later travel together. I'm afraid we might not end up together if I leave without engaging or been committed to her and I no wan lose that babe as she has been with me when I have nothing and still with me till now. She deserves d best and my Sis dey always tell me say wife no dey abroad o! lol. We can't go together for now considering all d expenses involved...It is well sha.

He has 2kids. Asked him why he didn't include them as his derivatives like me. He said the expenses. His mom Filed for him and 2 other brothers. Adding the kids would be too much for her. But Oladeep, you getting married to your babe will not affect your status at all. She would follow you as your derivative. Because the wait time for siblings is usually the longest, that's why getting married does not affect their status. Unlike we in F1, if you get married your status changes to F3 and that means longer wait.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2018
@ Oladeep wish I would see a quote from the 1st nairaland V.O that was on the immigrant Visa thread before she was transferred out of Nigeria. I would have posted to you. I will check to see if I will see it. Someone on F4 told her that he put a hold on getting married to his girlfriend cos he doesn't want it to affect his status. She told the person getting married will not affect his status. So he can go ahead and marry his girlfriend and have kids. And he can contact NVC and inform them. That it will not change his status in anyway

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2018
pretty16:

He has 2kids. Asked him why he didn't include them as his derivatives like me. He said the expenses. His mom Filed for him and 2 other brothers. Adding the kids would be too much for her. But Oladeep, you getting married to your babe will not affect your status at all. She would follow you as your derivative. Because the wait time for siblings is usually the longest, that's why getting married does not affect their status. Unlike we in F1, if you get married your status changes to F3 and that means longer wait.
I know getting married won't affect my status, it's just d expenses involved that I'm worried about. Marriage, flight , AOS and some other expenses. It's better I go first, settle down and later bring over my family. Since wait time for F2A is barely two years, i would have gotten a good job, nice apartment before the 2years elapses and Besides, I don't wanna inconvenient my Sis with my family ish since I will be leaving with her for a while. se u get?...

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 7:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
Oladeep:
I know getting married won't affect my status, it's just d expenses involved that I'm worried about. Marriage, flight , AOS and some other expenses. It's better I go first, settle down and later bring over my family. Since wait time for F2A is barely two years, i would have gotten a good job, nice apartment before the 2years elapses and Besides, I don't wanna inconvenient my Sis with my family ish since I will be leaving with her for a while. se u get?...

Yea. OK. I feel you. But with what's going on with the immigration ish, we really don't know what the future holds, but we hope for the best.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 7:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
stacyadams:
thanx bro and pretty16 too

You welcome stacyadams
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
pretty16:

Yea. OK. I feel you. But with what's going on with the immigration ish, we really don't know what the future holds, but we hope for the best.
Nothing will happen. The new immigration reform exempt spouse and minor children of both LPR and US citizen. So I'm covered and besides, In case the reform finally went through, guess there would be lesser wait time since enough visa go dey to go round d exempted family based.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
Oladeep:
Nothing will happen. The new immigration reform exempt spouse and minor children of both LPR and US citizen. So I'm covered and besides, In case the reform finally went through, guess there would be lesser wait time since enough visa go dey to go round d exempted family based.

Oh OK. Thought they limited it to U.S citizens not LPR. Its all good my brother. All will be well.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
Meanwhile they should have started giving out Interview Letters from today. Anyone got Interview dates Yet?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chuksmonika(m): 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
pretty16:
You all need to check out this link.
https://apple.news/AHpf7jflYRE-M2joQGnjuHQ
pretty16,when the bill or reform is passed,will it affect F4 category.and also will f2b be affected too?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2018
Chuksmonika:
pretty16,when the bill or reform is passed,will it affect F4 category.and also will f2b be affected too?
F4 will be affected and F2B will not, except age of minor children will fall under 18years. Besides, a termination date will be set for d new bill to start taking effect and I think approved cases would be processed to the end before the termination date.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
Oladeep:
F4 will be affected and F2B will not, except age of minor children will fall under 18years. Besides, a termination date will be set for d new bill to start taking effect and I think approved cases would be processed to the end before the termination date.

F2b F3, F4 will be affected because they relate to adult children whether single or married.
The new bill seeks to only consider spouses and minor children under 18yrs. Even parents of adult children will no longer have immigrant access.

Like Oladeep there will be a termination date. However if they do agree not to touch approved petitions its not all good news..the agreements for DACA will just add more workload and possibly slow up the process. Cancelling DV lottery and finding a way to cut down on wait times is what may cause some real movement to the bulletin.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.