Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (380617 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
Oladeep:
I understand your point, I just can't imagine your own situation being d only child, It's very frustrating . Like u said, I've got no choice than to exhibit a little bit patience. At least I've endured the wait for years but u know that feeling when u are on d verge of a breakthrough and it keeps delaying...It can be very annoying and frustrating.

Yes I know. I feel that way too sometimes. It seems when a person is on the verge of a breakthrough, the frustration sets in. Most times when I feel bad, my mum calms me down. It is well. Just hang in there.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
pretty16:

Just hang in there. It will come soon. Am being positive myself. Its not been easy. This is my 2nd petition. I have waited for like 10yrs. My first petition was filed by my stepdad. My mom said she didn't know it will not be approved, cos we waited for 3yrs before they wrote to deny it that he wasn't MY biological dad. She said if she had know she would have filed earlier that I would have left some years back. I just said God's time is the best.. You can imagine being an only child and away from your mum for years. I miss her a lot, but she also feels it more. Sometimes she wishes am around to help her do things especially coming back from work and feeling tired. And she's not getting any younger.
Like u said, It will come when I least expect just like the welcome letter. I'm just more particular about it cos it's d final letter and stage. It's well sha, I will remain hopeful. I pray ur category moves faster in dis coming bulletin...d VB should be out by tomorrow anyway.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Oladeep:
I understand your point, I just can't imagine your own situation being d only child, It's very frustrating . Like u said, I've got no choice than to exhibit a little bit patience. At least I've endured the wait for years but u know that feeling when u are on d verge of a breakthrough and it keeps delaying...It can be very annoying and frustrating.

Meanwhile for medicals, where do you intend using? I initially planned on using the Children's practice but it seems Q Life clinic is favourable for me. Na 4 we be now wey dey go for medicals. So I need to check the one that is pocket friendly. Before u make a decision on the Hosp to use, call them to make enquiry.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
pretty16:

Meanwhile for medicals, where do you intend using? I initially planned on using the Children's practice but it seems Q Life clinic is favourable for me. Na 4 we be now wey dey go for medicals. So I need to check the one that is pocket friendly. Before u make a decision on the Hosp to use, call them to make enquiry.
Why do u prefer Q-life to Children practice? Is Q- life cheaper? My parents did theirs at Children practice then.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
Visa bulletin is out. F1 still did not move this month. Now am wondering why I opted out of F2B. This is not fair. @ Oladeep, did yours move?

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Oladeep:
Why do u prefer Q-life to Children practice? Is Q- life cheaper? My parents did theirs at Children practice then.

Q Life is cheaper according to my enquiry. I called them Last week to inquire about the medicals.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by hammed71(m): 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2018
guys just relax everything will be fine, before you know u are already there
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2018
pretty16:
Visa bulletin is out. F1 still did not move this month. Now am wondering why I opted out of F2B. This is not fair. @ Oladeep, did yours move?
yipeeeee!!!....I'm finally current...yeah it moved by just 16days. other categories didn't move except F4. No wonder they didn't issue I.L....na wa o! I just hope they don't retrogress.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
pretty16:

Q Life is cheaper according to my enquiry. I called them Last week to inquire about the medicals.
How much is Q Life? I know Children practice is around 110k.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2018
Oladeep:
yipeeeee!!!....I'm finally current...yeah it moved by just 16days. other categories didn't move except F4. No wonder they didn't issue I.L....na wa o! I just hope they don't retrogress.

F2B moved from April 8 to May 15th. F1 stayed put again. That's 2wice in a row. @Oladeep, which means you will be hearing from them early next month. Congrats in advance.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2018
Oladeep:
How much is Q Life? I know Children practice is around 110k.

Children's practice said theirs was 100k for adult children 80k. Q life varied with ages. I asked how much is adult of age 33yrs they said N78,125, children ages 6yrs N67625, 2-3yrs N83225, while infants N73,400. So there's a difference. Call them and confirm before making a decision on where to use. Cos the 2 are listed as the hospitals to Use. During my mums time back then I think the hospital was Kamoras
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
pretty16:

F2B moved from April 8 to May 15th. F1 stayed put again. That's 2wice in a row. @Oladeep, which means you will be hearing from them early next month. Congrats in advance.
Ah!...Early next month too far o....lol!...Thanks, yours too will come .
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2018
pretty16:

Children's practice said theirs was 100k for adult children 80k. Q life varied with ages. I asked how much is adult of age 33yrs they said N78,125, children ages 6yrs N67625, 2-3yrs N83225, while infants N73,400. So there's a difference. Call them and confirm before making a decision on where to use. Cos the 2 are listed as the hospitals to Use. During my mums time back then I think the hospital was Kamoras
I will be opting for Q-life since they are cheaper cos I wonder why d latter is more expensive.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by hammed71(m): 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
congrats oladeep
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
Oladeep:
Ah!...Early next month too far o....lol!...Thanks, yours too will come .

Amen. I so wanted to be there for my folks wedding anniversary next month. And my moms 60th bday in July. At this rate, o don't even know again. She said if we are not around, they are not celebrating. God is in control. At least if I no meet their anniversary, make I for still meet her bday. It would have been an amazing bday gift for her, to have us around.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
hammed71:
congrats oladeep
Thanks Bro.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2018
pretty16:

Amen. I so wanted to be there for my folks wedding anniversary next month. And my moms 60th bday in July. At this rate, o don't even know again. She said if we are not around, they are not celebrating. God is in control. At least if I no meet their anniversary, make I for still meet her bday. It would have been an amazing bday gift for her, to have us around.
Miracle happens...Don't give up yet.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 12:07am On Apr 12, 2018
pretty16:

Just hang in there. It will come soon. Am being positive myself. Its not been easy. This is my 2nd petition. I have waited for like 10yrs. My first petition was filed by my stepdad. My mom said she didn't know it will not be approved, cos we waited for 3yrs before they wrote to deny it that he wasn't MY biological dad. She said if she had know she would have filed earlier that I would have left some years back. I just said God's time is the best.. You can imagine being an only child and away from your mum for years. I miss her a lot, but she also feels it more. Sometimes she wishes am around to help her do things especially coming back from work and feeling tired. And she's not getting any younger.
10 years ...when dem dey put me under uneccessary pressure for 6 years..like say living and praying inside church 24-7 go make dem approve am.��
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 12:55am On Apr 12, 2018
stacyadams:
10 years ...when dem dey put me under uneccessary pressure for 6 years..like say living and praying inside church 24-7 go make dem approve am.��

Yes ooo. Its a total of 10yrs for me. My first petition took 3yrs before we received the denial from them, then my moms petition which has taken 7yrs now.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 12:57am On Apr 12, 2018
Oladeep:
Miracle happens...Don't give up yet.

Amen.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2018

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
seun9090:
I just found this page and it has been helpful reading through. Congrats oladeep.
F1 is really frustrating. PD is May, knowing that it is almost current and that it is dragging is really annoying.
pretty16, I have some questions regarding medicals, I thought it is the embassy that would refer us to hospitals they trust or do we just go do it on our own and submit the results the day of the interview. How does it work?
Thanks Bro. Finally...d next bulletin should see u current I guess. The US consulate have their own designated hospitals in which Q-life and Children Practice are part of them. U would be referred to one of their designated hospitals for medicals.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
[quote
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2018
seun9090:

@oladeep Sis not Bro, lol
Okay, would one be referred in the IL or you just automatically go for medicals when PD becomes current or after receiving the IL
Sorry my bad...Thanks Sis...Yeah I think (not sure) they'll make reference to it in d I.L. The I.L will contain all d instructions u need to follow.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 11:43am On Apr 13, 2018
seun9090:
I just found this page and it has been helpful reading through. Congrats oladeep.
F1 is really frustrating. PD is May, knowing that it is almost current and that it is dragging is really annoying.
pretty16, I have some questions regarding medicals, I thought it is the embassy that would refer us to hospitals they trust or do we just go do it on our own and submit the results the day of the interview. How does it work?

Hi Seun9090./once you have received your interview letter, the instructions will be given to you on how to go about your medicals. The hospital to Use are written there. There are 2 hospitals for immigrants residing in Lagos and 1 hospital for Abuja residents. The 2/hospitals for Lagosians are The Children's practice and Q Life Clinic. Immediately you receive your interview letter, you should go for ur medicals, so that your results will be ready before your interview, so as not to cause any form of delay. Hope this helps.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 11:47am On Apr 13, 2018
seun9090:

@oladeep Sis not Bro, lol
Okay, would one be referred in the IL or you just automatically go for medicals when PD becomes current or after receiving the IL

You don't go for medicals when your case becomes current. You go for medicals when you Receive your I.L, because the hospital will require from you, Passport photographs, Your international Passport, Your I.L and your immunization records.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
pretty16:

You don't go for medicals when your case becomes current. You go for medicals when you Receive your I.L, because the hospital will require from you, Passport photographs, Your international Passport, Your I.L and your immunization records.
I don't have Immunization records...What will happen?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
Oladeep:
I don't have Immunization records...What will happen?

Yes that was what I asked my friend. He said he didn't have immunization records as well. He said they didn't ask. Or maybe u would have to pay extra. I don't know cos he said he used The children's practice and he paid 110k. Don't know why he paid that much cos the children's practice told me adult medicals is 100k when I called.. Even me I don't have immunization records. I've misplaced that of my 2boys. Its only their baby brothers own I have now, cos he's a few months Old.
But my friend told me its not a big deal if you don't have immunization records.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
pretty16:

Yes that was what I asked my friend. He said he didn't have immunization records as well. He said they didn't ask. Or maybe u would have to pay extra. I don't know cos he said he used The children's practice and he paid 110k. Don't know why he paid that much cos the children's practice told me adult medicals is 100k when I called.. Even me I don't have immunization records. I've misplaced that of my 2boys. Its only their baby brothers own I have now, cos he's a few months Old.
But my friend told me its not a big deal if you don't have immunization records.
Ok...I don't trust those people. They will tell u a cheaper fee on phone just to book them for appointment and when u get there, they'll ask u for what they know u wouldn't have and thereby ask u for an additional fee to get it. They know u can't resist at that point...lol

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
Oladeep:
Ok...I don't trust those people. They will tell u a cheaper fee on phone just to book them for appointment and when u get there, they'll ask u for what they know u wouldn't have and thereby ask u for an additional fee to get it. They know u can't resist at that point...lol

cheesy grin. That is naija for you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2018
pretty16:

@pretty16 Oh okay. Thank you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:35am On Apr 15, 2018
seun9090:

@pretty16 Oh okay. Thank you

You're Welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.