Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (378015 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 7:44am On May 09, 2021
linearity:

Yes AGI on 2019 IRS transcripts, since as of date....that is the most recent taxes filed.

Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 8:30pm On May 09, 2021
Why is this thread so quiet...

Has everyone gotten their Visa or what.

Please let's keep it lively especially with updates on Visa letters and interview experiences

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Duuzsz(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2021
Just to have an idea of how the line has been moving around the world.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 6:15am On May 10, 2021
This estimate includes those that are not current on the schedule anyway ......
That means Nigeria has a lot of backlogs, Because I doubt if anyone has been called for fresh interview in recent times.
We are waiting.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Justbeincute: 11:17am On May 10, 2021
What I need to know is, for spousal visa. Has anyone who has been documentary qualified THIS YEAR, received an interview date?

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ceej(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2021
justbeincute - I do not think so..I was DQ in January and still waiting for appointment date,I have a friend who has been since last December and waiting too,we can only wait and hope ours come soon.Meanwhile let us keep preparing.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by fedo: 2:28pm On May 10, 2021
Hello my people. Please help a sister out. I have a concern bothering me. My husband is PR . I’m DQ awaiting interview date. However l’m pregnant and l’m afraid l may not get interview date before l give birth. My question is if l eventually give birth in Nigeria, how does that affect our petition? Do we have to file another I-130 for the newborn and start afresh to wait for approval? Is there a way of applying for an expedited interview for this reason? Thanks in advance.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 7:34pm On May 10, 2021
fedo:
Hello my people. Please help a sister out. I have a concern bothering me. My husband is PR . I’m DQ awaiting interview date. However l’m pregnant and l’m afraid l may not get interview date before l give birth. My question is if l eventually give birth in Nigeria, how does that affect our petition? Do we have to file another I-130 for the newborn and start afresh to wait for approval? Is there a way of applying for an expedited interview for this reason? Thanks in advance.

If you give birth before your interview you will just have to inform NVC about it and you would definitely be allowed to add the baby to your petition..

Of course who in their right senses wouldn't allow a new born baby to travel with his/her mother..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Justbeincute: 9:17pm On May 10, 2021
ceej:
justbeincute - I do not think so..I was DQ in January and still waiting for appointment date,I have a friend who has been since last December and waiting too,we can only wait and hope ours come soon.Meanwhile let us keep preparing.

Thanks. Was hoping my husband will get an interview before my due date in September, but it’s not looking like it’s possible... We shall see.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by glitchyyy: 11:59pm On May 10, 2021
Justbeincute:
What I need to know is, for spousal visa. Has anyone who has been documentary qualified THIS YEAR, received an interview date?
not that I know of except people that expedited. It is quite frustrating
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by rekeson: 6:58am On May 11, 2021
glitchyyy:
not that I know of except people that expedited. It is quite frustrating

I heard Lagos embassy don't even grant expedite requests no matter the reason given...
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 7:23am On May 11, 2021
At least they are prioritising immigrant interviews over non-immigrant interviews
But even with that I doubt the schedule more than 30-40 a day more due to corona than anything else

As it is I think nonIV interviews are attended to for just one day a week

Those days of 100 plus people day are long gone, even the touts are complaining grin grin
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 11, 2021
Chloraseptic:

If you give birth before your interview you will just have to inform NVC about it and you would definitely be allowed to add the baby to your petition..

Of course who in their right senses wouldn't allow a new born baby to travel with his/her mother..
If your case is out of NVC, it's the embassy you will deal with. I guess if it is still warehoused at NVC, then let them know.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 3:04pm On May 11, 2021
Good evening once again my fellow Visa applicants good men and women.

I have another question.

I have my sponsor's W-2 but he said the individual income tax return he filed for 2020 with the W-2 is not yet out.

My question now is can I use the income reported on the W-2 to fill my AOS (current individual annual income and AGI for 2020 respectively)

linearity
rekeson
IrepChrist
nowhere
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by fedo: 3:09pm On May 11, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Ok l hope they will. Thanks for your response.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by linearity: 6:19pm On May 11, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Good evening once again my fellow Visa applicants good men and women.

I have another question.

I have my sponsor's W-2 but he said the individual income tax return he filed for 2020 with the W-2 is not yet out.

My question now is can I use the income reported on the W-2 to fill my AOS (current individual annual income and AGI for 2020 respectively)

linearity
rekeson
IrepChrist
nowhere

Want to make a correction to the previous post on AGI....your AGI and the figure you will enter into your I864 for the IRS form (202), it is item 11 and not 15 as previously stated.

The quoted part above is questionable, or unless he does not know what he is saying or he might be mistaking the form 1040 with IRS transcript

You file your taxes using form 1040 and if the taxes are submitted to IRS electronically, you can print out the form 1040 and that becomes your official filed tax document and accepted everywhere and he can give you the AGI from his 2020 form 1040, and if they physically mail their form 1040 taxes to IRS, you are usually advised to make a copy of it...IRS does not send back you 1040s. But, what will not be immediately available is the IRS transcript, as the transcript is produced by IRS and it takes time...but, he/she does not need to wait for the IRS transcript as the IRS transcript is IRS' own records of what you sent them via your form 1040.

As to your second question; you really cannot get AGI from W2, AGI take into considerations your exact tax bracket, allowed deductions, dependents, etc.....and you do not know your true AGI until you complete the form 1040. W2 contains information you sent to your employee and it is 'cabbage-in cabbage-out'.

All that said, you can use the gross on W2 info, but when going to your interview or when NVC want to DQ and tax filing date for 2020 has past, they may ask for 1040s or IRS transcript and since your AGI is going to be lower than the gross on W2, it may impact if you income of your support is sufficient to cover all their current dependents plus you and all derivative applicants on your application that they are supporting.

For example, this is an IRS form 1040 below and that is the form most people in the US use to file their individual tax returns and if he or some agency or accountant has filed their 2020 taxes, they or that agency or accountant will have a copy of their 1040, they just have to contact that place and ask them to give them a printout.

Line 1 is what is on your W2 or combination of all your W2s, 1099, earned income, etc....AGI is what is on line 15 and that is what needed on your immigration document.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

******Update**********

AGI for IRS form 1040 for 2020 is line 11 and not line 15.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 12:34am On May 12, 2021
linearity:

The quoted part above is questionable, or unless he does not know what he is saying or he might be mistaking the form 1040 with IRS transcript

You file your taxes using form 1040 and if the taxes are submitted to IRS electronically, you can print out the form 1040 and that becomes your official filed tax document and accepted everywhere and he can give you the AGI from his 2020 form 1040, and if they physically mail their form 1040 taxes to IRS, you are usually advised to make a copy of it...IRS does not send back you 1040s. But, what will not be immediately available is the IRS transcript, as the transcript is produced by IRS and it takes time...but, he/she does not need to wait for the IRS transcript as the IRS transcript is IRS' own records of what you sent them via your form 1040.

As to your second question; you really cannot get AGI from W2, AGI take into considerations your exact tax bracket, allowed deductions, dependents, etc.....and you do not know your true AGI until you complete the form 1040. W2 contains information you sent to your employee and it is 'cabbage-in cabbage-out'.

All that said, you can use the gross on W2 info, but when going to your interview or when NVC want to DQ and tax filing date for 2020 has past, they may ask for 1040s or IRS transcript and since your AGI is going to be lower than the gross on W2, it may impact if you income of your support is sufficient to cover all their current dependents plus you and all derivative applicants on your application that they are supporting.

For example, this is an IRS form 1040 below and that is the form most people in the US use to file their individual tax returns and if he or some agency or accountant has filed their 2020 taxes, they or that agency or accountant will have a copy of their 1040, they just have to contact that place and ask them to give them a printout.

Line 1 is what is on your W2 or combination of all your W2s, 1099, earned income, etc....AGI is what is on line 15 and that is what needed on your immigration document.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

There is a difference between IRS tax transcript and TurboTax 1040 form filed.

Both contains exact information. But one (1040) is the one you get after filling your return and the Tax Transcript is one you get when IRS issues your return.

The OP was probably referring to IRS Tax Transcript which is always the document they request for I-864

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by linearity: 2:06am On May 12, 2021
slimmy2005:
There is a difference between IRS tax transcript and TurboTax 1040 form filed.

Both contains exact information. But one (1040) is the one you get after filling your return and the Tax Transcript is one you get when IRS issues your return.

The OP was probably referring to IRS Tax Transcript which is always the document they request for I-864

I believe I understood what the OP was asking for and addressed it, you can read my piece again.

FYI, there is nothing like TurboTax 1040 form, TurboTax is a Tax agency that adopted IRS form 1040 just like other Tax agencies like TaxAct, etc....and you do not ‘get’ IRS form 1040 when you file your returns, rather you use IRS form 1040 to file your return...and IRS do not ‘issue’ returns....unless you meant ‘issue refund’ even at that...your transcripts are not ready when IRS issues refunds....and not everyone that filed taxes get issued a refund, but everyone that filed taxes can get their tax transcripts by contacting IRS.

IRS Tax transcripts and IRS form 1040 don’t always contain the same information...1040 is what you filed with IRS and Tax transcripts is IRS rendition of your filed taxes and can contain corrections, updates, adjustments, additions, subtractions, etc made by IRS.

Yes, you can submit your signed files submitted IRS form 1040 they pack the same legal power as an IRS transcript before any United States agency home and abroad. I864 form instructions clearly stated you can use “... IRS Form 1040 or IRS Tax Return Transcript” even W2 though not accurate in determining AGI can also be used and if the gross income on the AGI is very high, the interviewing officer can do a wrong maths on the spot to gestimate your AGI and if fall within a vey wide range compare to the baseline, you should be good.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 12, 2021
linearity:

I believe I understood what the OP was asking for and addressed it, you can read my piece again.

FYI, there is nothing like TurboTax 1040 form, TurboTax is a Tax agency that adopted IRS form 1040 just like other Tax agencies like TaxAct, etc....and you do not ‘get’ IRS form 1040 when you file your returns, rather you use IRS form 1040 to file your return...and IRS do not ‘issue’ returns....unless you meant ‘issue refund’ even at that...your transcripts are not ready when IRS issues refunds....and not everyone that filed taxes get issued a refund, but everyone that filed taxes can get their tax transcripts by contacting IRS.

IRS Tax transcripts and IRS form 1040 don’t always contain the same information...1040 is what you filed with IRS and Tax transcripts is IRS rendition of your filed taxes and can contain corrections, updates, adjustments, additions, subtractions, etc made by IRS.

Yes, you can submit your signed files submitted IRS form 1040 they pack the same legal power as an IRS transcript before any United States agency home and abroad. I864 form instructions clearly stated you can use “... IRS Form 1040 or IRS Tax Return Transcript” even W2 though not accurate in determining AGI can also be used and if the gross income on the AGI is very high, the interviewing officer can do a wrong maths on the spot to gestimate your AGI and if fall within a vey wide range compare to the baseline, you should be good.
I used TurboTax as it is a popular filing agency. You file using the 1040 with IRS either through online agency or by paper through in person or by yourself. Most people use the online tax filing agency and when you’re done, you’ll get your filled 1040 tax form. When they say a document contains same info, it means the block of content are also presented in the other form. Whether your figures are edited or changed. The blocks are thesame, you’ll find thesame content of information like AGI etc there.

IRS has to process your returns before you can get a tax transcript. The reason why consular usually demand for transcript cos it’s the final audited document by IRS and it’s more reliable than the 1040. Not saying they don’t have thesame legal backing.

Mere filing a 1040 with an agency doesn’t necessarily mean your info are accurate or believable, IRS might subject it to further verification, requesting for additional proofs. 1040 is not a better final result of your tax returns. You’ll have to submit all your W2s, or 1099, 1098T (if any) etc alongside your 1040 if you are using that as a proof for you I-864. But with a tax transcript, you do not need to submit that.

You cannot accurately determine AGI through W2s. No one is saying otherwise as the info is useless at this discourse.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 12:51pm On May 12, 2021
linearity:

The wage tips on the W-2 is $62k for a family of four
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 12:54pm On May 12, 2021
slimmy2005:
I used TurboTax as it is a popular filing agency. You file using the 1040 with IRS either through online agency or by paper through in person or by yourself. Most people use the online tax filing agency and when you’re done, you’ll get your filled 1040 tax form. When they say a document contains same info, it means the block of content are also presented in the other form. Whether your figures are edited or changed. The blocks are thesame, you’ll find thesame content of information like AGI etc there.

IRS has to process your returns before you can get a tax transcript. The reason why consular usually demand for transcript cos it’s the final audited document by IRS and it’s more reliable than the 1040. Not saying they don’t have thesame legal backing.

Mere filing a 1040 with an agency doesn’t necessarily mean your info are accurate or believable, IRS might subject it to further verification, requesting for additional proofs. 1040 is not a better final result of your tax returns. You’ll have to submit all your W2s, or 1099, 1098T (if any) etc alongside your 1040 if you are using that as a proof for you I-864. But with a tax transcript, you do not need to submit that.

You cannot accurately determine AGI through W2s. No one is saying otherwise as the info is useless at this discourse.

Let's say the income on W2 is 62k, would the AGI be more or less than that

Or should I just use 2019 tax papers as the most recent year. I have his 2017, 2018 and 2019 tax papers..

I can ask him to provide the latest one pending interview. But my fear is if I will be documentarily qualified without 2020 tax papers.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 12, 2021
Chloraseptic:

AGI is your taxable income. Some of your income might not be taxed or subject to tax. So your AGI can be less.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 12, 2021
Chloraseptic:

AGI is your taxable income. Some of your income might not be taxed or subject to tax. So your AGI can be less.

You get?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 2:20pm On May 12, 2021
slimmy2005:

You get?

Yeah I get. But I've done some modification to the post you responded to.

Could you please help go back and review and respond again.

Thank you guys for your help so far
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by linearity: 2:44pm On May 12, 2021
Chloraseptic:

The wage tips on the W-2 is $62k for a family of four

If you are still at the NVC stage and you are going to submit your documents to NVC after May 15, 2021; it will be better you use AGI from the filed 2020 IRS form 1040, they should have access to this if they have filed their 2020 taxes, if they didn't file their taxes themselves, they just have to contact their tax preparer of the CPA they used to file their 2020 taxes.

Only use the W2 when it is absolute that, you can not at least get hold of the filed IRS form 1040 for 2020. Also note that, regardless of what you used to get DQ, when going for the interview ensure to get the IRS transcripts for 2020 or at the minimum the filed IRS form 1040.

If you are submitting your NVC documents before May 15, you may totally exclude the 2020 tax information and NVC may not hold that against you, because they know that, taxes are not yet due; but like in the above case, since the interview will occur after the tax due date, your interviewer at the embassy may require you to come with them to the interview.

That said, back to your question....

If this is their total gross income for 2020, and for a total dependent of 4 plus you making 5 (assuming you are not migrating with another person that they are also sponsoring and they had not sponsored anyone else in the past who is now a US permanent resident), you should be okay. I-864P for 2021 requires a minimum AGI of $38,800 for a household size of 5.....as a general rule for a dependent of 4....US AGI are about 5% - 10% less than gross income, so even if you assume the worst-case scenario and use an estimate that 90% of that $62k will be their AGI, that will be about $55k8, which is much higher than the required $38k8 needed....and, if this is a joint-sponsor, the threshold you have to cross become much lower, since they will also consider the income of the petitioner.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 2:57pm On May 12, 2021
linearity:

If you are still at the NVC stage and you are going to submit your documents to NVC after May 15, 2021; it will be better you use AGI from the filed 2020 IRS form 1040, they should have access to this if they have filed their 2020 taxes, if they didn't file their taxes themselves, they just have to contact their tax preparer of the CPA they used to file their 2020 taxes.

Only use the W2 when it is absolute that, you can not at least get hold of the filed IRS form 1040 for 2020. Also note that, regardless of what you used to get DQ, when going for the interview ensure to get the IRS transcripts for 2020 or at the minimum the filed IRS form 1040.

If you are submitting your NVC documents before May 15, you may totally exclude the 2020 tax information and NVC may not hold that against you, because they know that, taxes are not yet due; but like in the above case, since the interview will occur after the tax due date, your interviewer at the embassy may require you to come with them to the interview.

That said, back to your question....

If this is their total gross income for 2020, and for a total dependent of 4 plus you making 5 (assuming you are not migrating with another person that they are also sponsoring and they had not sponsored anyone else in the past who is now a US permanent resident), you should be okay. I-864P for 2021 requires a minimum AGI of $38,800 for a household size of 5.....as a general rule for a dependent of 4....US AGI are about 5% - 10% less than gross income, so even if you assume the worst-case scenario and use an estimate that 90% of that $62k will be their AGI, that will be about $55k8, which is much higher than the required $38k8 needed....and, if this is a joint-sponsor, the threshold you have to cross become much lower, since they will also consider the income of the petitioner.

This is a very detailed explanation. Thanks.

Yes he's a joint sponsor and he even reported over $200k in 3 of the previous years. Maybe he was hit by the pandemic to have reported this low income..

My petitioner is my mother and she herself is almost within the required income for 3 household size..

I will just have to wait till on the 15th for him to get available the 2020 form 1040 while I also use the medium to wait for my police character clearance.

Thanks you guys once again
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Faboya101: 9:37pm On May 12, 2021
[quote author=bake19 post=97954358]My brother migrated to usa at age 23 using f2a, and his i130 was approved in just 5 months. Hey bro ,please I need more knowledge on this ...can i text you ?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Faboya101: 11:56am On May 15, 2021
tmfastservices:
Please anyone F2A DQ’d in November 2020 received interview date?? Last message from nvc was November 2020.. am worried asf

Hey bro ...I’m in F2a category also ...can we talk privately?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bake19: 9:23am On May 16, 2021
[quote author=Faboya101 post=101632321][/quote]you may ask for anything here, if I am able to I will.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 18, 2021
Please, is there a way I can fly my daughter down to US without us. She currently have her immigrant visa approved.

We are not there to accompany her. Would they allow someone who is not part of the family bring her when he/ she is coming?

Also, what’s the beat way to get her here through delta assistance?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 19, 2021
F4 for rest of the world...08Dec06. Someone I know is in, has been DQed since last year.

The normal meaning of being current should be expected here, right.. guys.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 4:56pm On May 20, 2021
Hopefully, because alot of peeps in this category has been Dq since 2019 so if they go by the queue he should be in...

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.