Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (381539 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
Did you do a police character certificate with the finger print and you know this police character certificate has number of months before they become expired.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ifeanyichukwu42:
Did you do a police character certificate with the finger print and you know this police character certificate has number of months before they become expired.
Now valid for 2years
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 3:20am On Jun 24, 2021
3 months
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by socheata: 8:45am On Jun 24, 2021
Ifeanyichukwu42:
Dont be worried they are better organized in handling documents than what it is in Nigeria and mind you their is traffic / backlog so NVC work with instructions from the embassy. They embassy does not want to be bombarded with case. Stay calm brother American dollar no go finish.
Thank you. Im feel relieved a little bit now after what you have said. I should have patiently wait. If the wait keep getting longer, I might send an inquiry form to them. Thank you for your advice
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by socheata: 8:47am On Jun 24, 2021
Chloraseptic:

What I'm about is why is it not the right one. How'd you get it

Yes you can contact them about any issues at all that is bothering you...

I think my dad got from local police authority (back then we are not getting used to the NVC yet) which is why it was wrong. Then we went to Ministry to get the police certicate
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by softtouch2(m): 3:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ajenikoko89:

Now valid for 2years

Nigeria Police Character Certificate is valid for 3-months

After 3-months, you may need to get a fresh one.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 5:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
softtouch2:

I was formally 1year but now its two years

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 25, 2021
softtouch2:

Forget that three months olopa type on top. Embassy has the final say..if it is two years, don't waste money and time with those other guys.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 10:37am On Jun 25, 2021
Stop this your nonchalant attitude. If on the police character certificate it is written that it is valid for 3 months that is what the embassy goes with.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Paccus: 11:22am On Jun 25, 2021
Ifeanyichukwu42:
Stop this your nonchalant attitude. If on the police character certificate it is written that it is valid for 3 months that is what the embassy goes with.
It is written as 3 months validity but the embassy and all US government parastatals recognizes it for 1 year but I am hearing its now 2 years..stop giving wrong information

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Vietnaminfo(m): 11:49am On Jun 25, 2021
Please house, my Aunty Visa Dashboard is showing that her passportis ready for pick up, what does it mean. It is not more than 4 months she reapplied after the first one she applied with her family got annulled during Trump regime.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ifeanyichukwu42:
Dont let us over drag this issue the new development now is that its 2years and not the one year validity although they will write 3months but us embassy allowed it to be used for 1yr then but they have extended it to 2years its all in the news bro.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Pay him no attention.
Paccus:
It is written as 3 months validity but the embassy and all US government parastatals recognizes it for 1 year but I am hearing its now 2 years..stop giving wrong information
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
Oga what I know is that the police certificate has expiration may be the expiration would have being expended because of the pendamics. All thing being equal as soon as you get to the stage of uploading documents and all documents uploaded before 2 months to 3 months the embassy will call u for interview.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
Or do you think that your police character report is needed in the united state. Your police report expires after your interview the Homeland security does not care about it. As soon as you arrive at your point of entry if only you are given a visa your finger print will done taken again .
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Paccus: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ifeanyichukwu42:
Or do you think that your police character report is needed in the united state. Your police report expires after your interview the Homeland security does not care about it. As soon as you arrive at your point of entry if only you are given a visa your finger print will done taken again .
Your Police report is part of the documents that the embassy sends to homeland security/cbp. If your Police report is yet to expire before you do your interview but it expired before you moved to the US, you will need a new one to clear cbp..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
Oga even if it is sent along with the envelope the embassy will give to you at your point of entry Homeland security will snap a picture of you and your finger print will be taken again at the Airport.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
Wrong information stop misleading people you have not yet cross pass murital Mohammed airport .
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 10:54am On Jun 27, 2021
Is anyone here in the f24 visa category or am I the only one
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 6:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
Paccus:

Your Police report is part of the documents that the embassy sends to homeland security/cbp. If your Police report is yet to expire before you do your interview but it expired before you moved to the US, you will need a new one to clear cbp..
what are you saying?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Is anyone here in the f24 visa category or am I the only one

what is f24?
There is no category like that.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2021
Taal17:

what is f24?

Unfortunately that's what on my profile

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 2:13am On Jun 28, 2021
Taal17:

what is f24?
F24 – Unmarried son or daughter (21 years of age or older) of a lawful permanent resident.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 8:46am On Jun 28, 2021
bfn1:

F24 – Unmarried son or daughter (21 years of age or older) of a lawful permanent resident.

I'm surprised that taal17 was acting surprised..
But it seems I'm the only one on the visa class..

Though my mum is a USC now..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 8:59am On Jun 28, 2021
bfn1:

What you just mentioned fall under F2b visa category.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2021
Tekzyflex:

What you just mentioned fall under F2b visa category.

Maybe it can be called f24 also..

Maybe it's f24 because my mom is now a USC but was LPR when she petitioned..

Maybe just maybes
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Maybe it can be called f24 also..

I just checked their website they only have f24 there

Yea! I think so too.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2021
Chloraseptic:

I'm surprised that taal17 was acting surprised..
But it seems I'm the only one on the visa class..

Though my mum is a USC now..

That is because it is F2B in the visa bulletin and it is F2B under family category on the trave.state website, so I am very unaware of the same visa category being called F2[b]4[/b]

But if that is what you have on your profile then i suppose it can be the same...

If your mum is USC then you become F1
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
Taal17:

That is because it is F2B in the visa bulletin and it is F2B under family category on the trave.state website, so I am very unaware of the same visa category being called F2[b]4[/b]

But if that is what you have on your profile then i suppose it can be the same...

If your mum is USC then you become F1

Do I have to write them to switch me to F1 or should I just be in this category
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Do I have to write them to switch me to F1 or should I just be in this category

Looking at the visa bulletin on your category;I think your pd has passed 2014 based on your PD.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2021
Tekzyflex:

Looking at the visa bulletin on your category;I think your pd has passed 2014 based on your PD.

So what does that entails
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2021
Chloraseptic:

So what does that entails

Check the instructions on your profile

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.