Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (378989 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2021
That's better.
Tekzyflex:

I kept my marriage on hold because am on F2b... Although we have a son together but not officially married.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by apach4ever(m): 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2021
nowhere:
What's the idea of marrying when you can be doing what married people do?
I didn't buy into the idea of putting my life on hold because I wanted to japa. It's a green card not a passport to heaven and if not for the fact that this country is on a fast track to destruction, I might have considered staying put.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2021
If the country is favoring you no need to even allow someone to petition for you. Again, if the country is good to you in the next six years, good for you.
apach4ever:
I didn't buy into the idea of putting my life on hold because I wanted to japa. It's a green card not a passport to heaven and if not for the fact that this country is on a fast track to destruction, I might have considered staying put.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by cambellj: 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
Thanks for sharing that’s the beauty of forums like this. I also like to know if it’s possible to obtain a nonimmigrant visa if you have a pending petition?

apach4ever:
Same boat, former F1 with PD January 2010. Received welcome letter in 2016, paid fees and all. Got bumped down to F3 due to marital status. Expectation was a 4 to 5 year wait, but we have passed the 5 year mark already and still a few months off getting current on the second chart and getting the welcome letter again. Best advice is to keep your focus on whatever it is you're doing right now and try not to think about it too much. The important thing is your PD wont change, so add like 5 years to your wait time.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by apach4ever(m): 4:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
It's dicey, since you have a pending petition that is an automatic indication of your intention to immigrate, and enough grounds for a VO to deny you. There has been talk of creating a special visa category for intending immigrants so they can wait in the US instead of their home countries, but it is still just talk for now. At the end of the day, if you can convince the VO that you will return then maybe just maybe...

cambellj:
Thanks for sharing that’s the beauty of forums like this. I also like to know if it’s possible to obtain a nonimmigrant visa if you have a pending petition?

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by apach4ever(m): 4:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
nowhere:
If the country is favoring you no need to even allow someone to petition for you. Again, if the country is good to you in the next six years, good for you.
At the end of the day, getting married and having kids showed me it's important to plan for the long term and do what is best to secure their future. I also live in the North with the attendant security challenges. So thanks but no thanks, I prefer to take my chances away from these shores.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
I don't understand you, man.
apach4ever:
At the end of the day, getting married and having kids showed me it's important to plan for the long term and do what is best to secure their future. I also live in the North with the attendant security challenges. So thanks but no thanks, I prefer to take my chances away from these shores.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
I'm I the only one whose visa class appears as f24 on the dashboard
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Maryannt: 10:32am On Jul 06, 2021
Please... is there anyone who was DQ this year January 2021 gotten an interview date yet? Was Dq march 2021 and my PD is spt 2018 still waiting for my interview letter from nvc...the wait time is frustrating..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2021
Maryannt:
Please... is there anyone who was DQ this year January 2021 gotten an interview date yet? Was Dq march 2021 and my PD is spt 2018 still waiting for my interview letter from nvc...the wait time is frustrating..
It depends on your category. Even at that,there is a massive backlog presently. Whatever category you belong to,I don't see you getting an interview this year that's just the fact.
Maybe early to mid next year depending on your category
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Maryannt: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2021
F2a categor
Kennytowel:
It depends on your category. Even at that,there is a massive backlog presently. Whatever category you belong to,I don't see you getting an interview this year that's just the fact.
Maybe early to mid next year depending on your category

F2a category..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
Maryannt:
F2a categor

F2a category..
There are still many f2a that were dq 2020 not yet attended to
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 10:12am On Jul 07, 2021
Has anyone gotten information from Us Embassy Nigeria. Is it that they are not issuing fresh immigrant visa appointments yet?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
IrepChrist:
Has anyone gotten information from Us Embassy Nigeria. Is it that they are not issuing fresh immigrant visa appointments yet?

My mum's interview appointment is September. Although she is a permanent resident but her green card got expired because of the covid.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2021
IrepChrist:

They are issuing but they are focusing on those DQ from 2019. Some have started getting their IL.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lee1303: 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hi everyone
Please my dad filed a petition for my siblings and I with different I-130 but with the same priority date. We all have children as derivatives.

Please is it possible we will get different interview dates since we all have different 1-130?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lacooper: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2021
Lee1303:
Hi everyone
Please my dad filed a petition for my siblings and I with different I-130 but with the same priority date. We all have children as derivatives.

Please is it possible we will get different interview dates since we all have different 1-130?

Yes, it is possible. My sibling and I got different interview dates (a day apart).
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 4:37am On Jul 08, 2021
Kennytowel:

They are issuing but they are focusing on those DQ from 2019. Some have started getting their IL.

Ok thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2021
Whoever got DQed as around October 2019 and beyond and have not got any interview letter should start thinking of refilling DS260 and keep, book medicals, do police report again (it must have been two years now), AOS (recent documents) and get your birth certificates handy for uploading. If you forgo your given date because you can't meet up, embassy has you at their mercy on rescheduling. Please try to be proactive and forestall this. Again, if anyone is aging out, try to recalculate the age with CSPA.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lee1303: 8:53am On Jul 08, 2021
lacooper:

Yes, it is possible. My sibling and I got different interview dates (a day apart).

Ok thanks pls can you answer these few questions for me
1. Please were you all granted visas?
2. Please what questions were you asked?
3. Please is there any mandatory outfit for the interview?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
nowhere:
Whoever got DQed as around October 2019 and beyond and have not got any interview letter should start thinking of refilling DS260 and keep, book medicals, do police report again (it must have been two years now), AOS (recent documents) and get your birth certificates handy for uploading. If you forgo your given date because you can't meet up, embassy has you at their mercy on rescheduling. Please try to be proactive and forestall this. Again, if anyone is aging out, try to recalculate the age with CSPA.

I would strongly advise against booking your medicals please, medicals are valid for 6 months from the date you conducted it and it is that validity that would be on your passport. If your interview is finally scheduled after that 6 months you will need to do another medical.

Then the DS 260 - I dont think you can refill this form until the consulate send you that mail to go ahead and fill another form. You wont be able to access the DS-260 to update it.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 09, 2021
Booking doesn't mean honoring it. When you get the interview letter on July 12 with the interview date as 21 July, you will understand. Again, it's valid for twelve months.
Taal17:

I would strongly advise against booking your medicals please, medicals are valid for 6 months from the date you conducted it and it is that validity that would be on your passport. If your interview is finally scheduled after that 6 months you will need to do another medical.

I said fill it out and keep or have it at the back of mind. It is all rush-rush for my acquaintance now.

Then the DS 260 - I dont think you can refill this form until the consulate send you that mail to go ahead and fill another form. You wont be able to access the DS-260 to update it.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 8:17am On Jul 09, 2021
nowhere:
Booking doesn't mean honoring it. When you get the interview letter on July 12 with the interview date as 21 July, you will understand. Again, it's valid for twelve months.
Medicals is valid for 6 months. Stop misleading people. You cant even go for medicals without an interview letter.
Even if you manage to do the medicals without an interview letter,which is almost impossible,your still shooting yourself in the leg.
Because withing that 6 months,of your medical being valid,you have to leave the country.
So imagine you did medicals 5 months before your interview, and your interview is probably in a week, you will have to leave the country maybe In 2 weeks, depending on when your medical is to expire.
So your under such pressure and short notice,God forbid you cant gather money for ticket, or your not just ready to travel.
I don't know what will become of your immigrant visa.
Why do you think those with rescheduled or canceled interview had to redo their medicals just before their new interview date.
Lastly even if you didn't get your medical results before your interview,it doesn't stop your interview,the main thing is that just conduct the medicals before your interview,it might just delay getting the physical visa for about a week or two, pending when the results get to the embassy.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 09, 2021
Do you have any quote of the six months? Booking and doing medicals are two different things oo. Anyway, if you cannot do it without the interview letter that explains it. My acquaintance had to beg to be allowed to do it two days ago. It was mad rush.
Kennytowel:

Medicals is valid for 6 months. Stop misleading people. You cant even go for medicals without an interview letter.
Even if you manage to do the medicals without an interview letter,which is almost impossible,your still shooting yourself in the leg.
Because withing that 6 months,of your medical being valid,you have to leave the country.
So imagine you did medicals 5 months before your interview, and your interview is probably in a week, you will have to leave the country maybe In 2 weeks, depending on when your medical is to expire.
So your under such pressure and short notice,God forbid you cant gather money for ticket, or your not just ready to travel.
I don't know what will become of your immigrant visa.
Why do you think those with rescheduled or canceled interview had to redo their medicals just before their new interview date.
Lastly even if you didn't get your medical results before your interview,it doesn't stop your interview,the main thing is that just conduct the medicals before your interview,it might just delay getting the physical visa for about a week or two, pending when the results get to the embassy.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 11:49am On Jul 09, 2021
nowhere:
Do you have any quote of the six months? Booking and doing medicals are too different things oo. Anyway, if you cannot do it without the interview letter that explains it. My acquaintance had to beg to be allowed to do it two days ago. It was mad rush.

Ok if your allowed to book ahead without your interview letter. It makes sense. But when you say booking. What's the guarantee that you will get your interview letter for the period you have booked?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2021
No guarantee, just a leap of faith.
Kennytowel:

Ok if your allowed to book ahead without your interview letter. It makes sense. But when you say booking. What's the guarantee that you will get your interview letter for the period you have booke
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Solebija: 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2021
nowhere:

Stop arguing what you are not clear about, the information you responded to is true, if your visa is granted it’s only valid for 6 months from your medical examination date. It was so with me and that caught me unaware and have to rush over here. Unless that differ for visa categories anyway.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2021
nowhere:

You need your interview letter to do the booking, the crowd at the medical facility there is nothing you can do about it.

Medical is valid for 6 months that is clear on the embassy site. Your visa is validity is ends on that validity, if the 6 months expires before your interview date you will pay for another one FULL PRICE.
It means if you did Medical on April 2021, interview in Aug and approval in Sept 15th (maybe due to supplementary documents) then your visa validity will be Oct. Then if you cant buy ticket or move out on time its a big problem.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 10, 2021
Ok
Taal17:

You need your interview letter to do the booking, the crowd at the medical facility there is nothing you can do about it.

Medical is valid for 6 months that is clear on the embassy site. Your visa is validity is ends on that validity, if the 6 months expires before your interview date you will pay for another one FULL PRICE.
It means if you did Medical on April 2021, interview in Aug and approval in Sept 15th (maybe due to supplementary documents) then your visa validity will be Oct. Then if you cant buy ticket or move out on time its a big problem.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:50am On Jul 10, 2021
Thanks
Solebija:

Stop arguing what you are not clear about, the information you responded to is true, if your visa is granted it’s only valid for 6 months from your medical examination date. It was so with me and that caught me unaware and have to rush over here. Unless that differ for visa categories anyway.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by leakage01: 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2021
Same boat, former F1 with PD January 2010. Received welcome letter in 2016, paid fees and all. Got bumped down to F3 due to marital status. Expectation was a 4 to 5 year wait, but we have passed the 5 year mark already and still a few months off getting current on the second chart and getting the welcome letter again. Best advice is to keep your focus on whatever it is you're doing right now and try not to think about it too much. The important thing is your PD wont change, so add like 5 years to your wait time.

Same boat too... PD September 2009, patiently waiting grin

[/quote]
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by apach4ever(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2021
leakage01:

Same boat too... PD September 2009, patiently waiting grin

Fingers crossed, next visa bulletin you’ll be current on chart 2 and get the welcome letter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.