Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (378873 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Do I have to write them to switch me to F1 or should I just be in this category

I think your Mum is supposed to inform them NVC or USCIS, but really it doesnt matter since NVC has already asked to submit documents.

I expect for both F1 and F2B your pd has passed so you are on the queue to be interviewed as soon as you are documentarily qualified. DQ can only happen when you have submitted your documents and it has been accepted.

Nothing you can do right now apart from submitting your docs and get DQ, then wait for interview

Irepchrist
Have you gotten interview date yet?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2021
Tekzyflex:

Check the instructions on your profile

I'm asking what my fate is now since you said my priority date has passed..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2021
Chloraseptic:

I'm asking what my fate is now since you said my priority date has passed..

It depends... Have you been asked to submit all necessary documents? If you have done that;then relax and wait for your interview...that's why I said you should check on your dashboard and know what's up.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2021
Tekzyflex:

It depends... Have you been asked to submit all necessary documents? If you have done that;then relax and wait for your interview...that's why I said you should check on your dashboard and know what's up.

I'm still waiting for DQ though.

I hope my interview date comes soon enough arter my DQ
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2021
Taal17:

I think your Mum is supposed to inform them NVC or USCIS, but really it doesnt matter since NVC has already asked to submit documents.

I expect for both F1 and F2B your pd has passed so you are on the queue to be interviewed as soon as you are documentarily qualified. DQ can only happen when you have submitted your documents and it has been accepted.

Nothing you can do right now apart from submitting your docs and get DQ, then wait for interview

Irepchrist

Thanks..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2021
Chloraseptic:

I'm still waiting for DQ though.

I hope my interview date comes soon enough arter my DQ

A lot of backlogs but be hopeful....
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Bigsecret(f): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2021
My POE is at Phil... I don’t know if that works for you
slimmy2005:
Please, is there any female coming to either NY, Boston, Philadelphia, Newark this Fall? July/August,

Please, if you are, I would appreciate if you can send me a private message please.

Sometimes in July, flying from Lagos.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bigsecret:
My POE is at Phil... I don’t know if that works for you
Thank you for reaching. I already took care of it.

If you need any information on how to navigate the system, you sure can reach out and I’ll be of help in any way possible.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 4:28am On Jun 29, 2021
Taal17:

Irepchrist

Not yet Bro. I have been DQ since Nov. 2019.... I wonder why so much wait. Hopefully soon.Do you have any information?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 2:21pm On Jun 30, 2021
IrepChrist:

Not yet Bro. I have been DQ since Nov. 2019.... I wonder why so much wait. Hopefully soon.Do you have any information?

Have you sent a mail? Did you initially have an interview date scheduled?
You were DQ a long time ago.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2021
It's F4 Category.... There are people who got DQ in October 2019.... No interview yet.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2021
IrepChrist:
It's F4 Category.... There are people who got DQ in October 2019.... No interview yet.

Are you current? We dq in feb 2020 but are not current yet
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
Yes, i am current already ..... And I have received 120 days notice mail from NCV.
I learned embassies will be resuming fully from July and shall go back to normal daily interview strength.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lee1303: 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2021
Hello everyone
how do we classify household under the poverty guidelines. My dad petitioned for me and my 3 siblings and each applicant has children… can we all have one joint sponsor?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lee1303: 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
IrepChrist:
Yes, i am current already ..... And I have received 120 days notice mail from NCV.
I learned embassies will be resuming fully from July and shall go back to normal daily interview strength.

Please where did you get this information from?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 9:42am On Jul 01, 2021
Lee1303:
Hello everyone
how do we classify household under the poverty guidelines. My dad petitioned for me and my 3 siblings and each applicant has children… can we all have one joint sponsor?

Yeah y'all can have one joint sponsor.

Or the joint sponsor can sponsor some of you if his income isn't enough for all of you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
IrepChrist:
Not sure how they are doing this scheduling

Got DQ in Jan 2020, got interview date same year it was cancelled due to covid, rescheduled this year. F1
However I had been current for probably 9months before I got DQ'd
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dbblessboy(m): 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lee1303:

Please where did you get this information from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j74FuEEhfb4
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lee1303: 12:30am On Jul 02, 2021
dbblessboy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j74FuEEhfb4

Thanks you.. I pray it works accordingly
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lee1303: 12:04am On Jul 04, 2021
Hi everyone,
Please has anyone added a derivative on CEAC recently? Please how long did it take to approve? I added a derivative 2 weeks ago and still shows under review
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 12:13am On Jul 04, 2021
Lee1303:
Hi everyone,
Please has anyone added a derivative on CEAC recently? Please how long did it take to approve? I added a derivative 2 weeks ago and still shows under review

Same thing happened to me until I wrote them about it through their public enquiry from

So you'll have to write or call them
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lee1303: 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Same thing happened to me until I wrote them about it through their public enquiry from

So you'll have to write or call them

Ok thanks . But please after you wrote them how long did it take them to approve?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
Lee1303:

Ok thanks . But please after you wrote them how long did it take them to approve?

Around 5 to 7 days
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by cambellj: 3:27am On Jul 05, 2021
great forum guys, please I need some clarifications.
My pd is Oct 2012 for F1 initially. I got my approval 2019 submitted DS-260, civil documents and paid fees to USCIS.
I did indicate on the application that I got married in 2017. What actually happens now that my status has changed?

I submitted supporting documents in Aug 2019 and the only message I got on my profile was in the lines of...Due to the numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time...
Is this some sort of denial due to my status change? My foreign state of chargeability is South Africa
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 6:36am On Jul 05, 2021
cambellj:
My pd is Oct 2012 for F1 initially. I got my approval 2019 submitted DS-260, civil documents and paid fees to USCIS.
I did indicate on the application that I got married in 2017. What actually happens now that my status has changed?

I submitted supporting documents in Aug 2019 and the only message I got on my profile was in the lines of...Due to the numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time...
Is this some sort of denial due to my status change? My foreign state of chargeability is South Africa

If you informed them in due time about your status change they should change you to F3 which is a married son or daughter of US citizen and its automatic
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 9:11am On Jul 05, 2021
cambellj:

It just means you are now F3, so you need to check where the status of F3 is on the visa bulletin, I doubt your pd date is current right now. Your category changed so everything changed
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2021
cambellj:

And of cause;it will take much longer wait compared to the former.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by cambellj: 10:05am On Jul 05, 2021
Taal17:

It just means you are now F3, so you need to check where the status of F3 is on the visa bulletin, I doubt your pd date is current right now. Your category changed so everything changed

Thanks guys the feedbacks are consistent with my own research I’ve been doing. Visa bulletin is currently on 2008 which means I’ll need to sit it out for another 4-5 years before my 2012 pd becomes current again
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by cambellj: 10:27am On Jul 05, 2021
Tekzyflex:

And of cause;it will take much longer wait compared to the former.

I read F3 processing takes between 1-10 years. My F1 took approximately 7 years to be approved. Are you saying because of my status change I can wait another 10 years from 2019? There seems to be no public knowledge on how this works
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by apach4ever(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
Same boat, former F1 with PD January 2010. Received welcome letter in 2016, paid fees and all. Got bumped down to F3 due to marital status. Expectation was a 4 to 5 year wait, but we have passed the 5 year mark already and still a few months off getting current on the second chart and getting the welcome letter again. Best advice is to keep your focus on whatever it is you're doing right now and try not to think about it too much. The important thing is your PD wont change, so add like 5 years to your wait time.

cambellj:

I read F3 processing takes between 1-10 years. My F1 took approximately 7 years to be approved. Are you saying because of my status change I can wait another 10 years from 2019? There seems to be no public knowledge on how this works

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
What's the idea of marrying when you can be doing what married people do?
apach4ever:
Same boat, former F1 with PD January 2010. Received welcome letter in 2016, paid fees and all. Got bumped down to F3 due to marital status. Expectation was a 4 to 5 year wait, but we have passed the 5 year mark already and still a few months off getting current on the second chart and getting the welcome letter again. Best advice is to keep your focus on whatever it is you're doing right now and try not to think about it too much. The important thing is your PD wont change, so add like 5 years to your wait time.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
nowhere:
What's the idea of marrying when you can be doing what married people do?

I kept my marriage on hold because am on F2b... Although we have a son together but not officially married.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.