Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (379417 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
stevewale:
Just thought of dropping this here and say thanks to you guys for responding to my questions weeks ago … My Mum’s visa was approved.

Wishing everyone else success IJN
Congratulations to her

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
stevewale:
Just thought of dropping this here and say thanks to you guys for responding to my questions weeks ago … My Mum’s visa was approved.

Wishing everyone else success IJN

Congrats to her and your family. And thanks for the wishes to us still on the queue. If you don’t mind me asking, when did she dq? And what’s her Pd?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Faboya101: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
Good evening bro ..Please my attestation of birth was also rejected by Nvc ..Can you help me with how you went about yours ?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 8:48pm On Nov 10, 2021
Faboya101:
Good evening bro ..Please my attestation of birth was also rejected by Nvc ..Can you help me with how you went about yours ?
What was the reason for the rejection
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Faboya101:

Good evening. I don't know if you saw my response on how I resolved this,but If you dint, I will repeat it on here.

In my case when my attestation of birth was rejected by nvc, I had to go obtain an affidavit of age declaration from ikeja high court.( I don't know your location,but you can make inquiries or approach any high court in your location,please make sure it's genuine)
I then attached both the attestation of birth and affidavit together, and scanned it to nvc.( Even after this it got rejected again,you can imagine my frustration.
I then forwarded it again, but this time I had to include a note, there is an option for this when submitting documents to nvc.(this time around my case was finally Document qualified)
You can explain in the note, that you obtained both documents from the appropriate authorities of your country, and they can make their verifications from the appropriate authorities if they doubt the source and it's originality.
I look forward to a positive response from you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps and I wish you luck in this journey
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 5:59am On Nov 13, 2021
Why are some people getting interview date just 2 days after documentarily qualified??

1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by BENSU: 8:15am On Nov 13, 2021
This can't happen in Nigeria lol
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 11:12am On Nov 13, 2021
BENSU:
This can't happen in Nigeria lol

It happened in Cameroon
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Arry110(m): 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2021
TWoods:

This is silly, and untrue. Also, why should Biden care about you? you're not a US citizen or permanent resident.
you're so forking mean
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevewale(m): 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
dammodee911:

Congrats to her and your family. And thanks for the wishes to us still on the queue. If you don’t mind me asking, when did she dq? And what’s her Pd?

Thanks and sorry for my late response.

I filed for her in November 2019 and it was approved, sent to NVC in August 2020; interview date didn’t show up until last month
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Jasmine90216: 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
Arry110:
you're so forking mean

He is such a terrible despicable human being. Being in such an exposed environment for years like he claimed didn't have any effect on his manner of approach at all. Can you imagine this despicable excuse of a human being telling me I'm going to be denied a visa? Must be a descendant of Lucifer himself.

@twoods we know your type. It's your type that wish all immigration channels be blocked so that other people don't get opportunity to migrate, all because of your selfish myopic sense of reasoning. People like you never do well cause of the negativity they carry around.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by TWoods(m): 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
Jasmine90216:

He is such a terrible despicable human being. Being in such an exposed environment for years like he claimed didn't have any effect on his manner of approach at all. Can you imagine this despicable excuse of a human being telling me I'm going to be denied a visa? Must be a descendant of Lucifer himself.

@twoods we know your type. It's your type that wish all immigration channels be blocked so that other people don't get opportunity to migrate, all because of your selfish myopic sense of reasoning. People like you never do well cause of the negativity they carry around.

I'm going to ignore the curses... grin

But the highlighted is wrong. I don't wish all immigration channels to be blocked. You and people like you are doing an excellent job of blocking it yourselves, one lie at a time.

Wait... isn't lucifer the father of all liars? Be careful ma'am. grin

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Jasmine90216: 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
TWoods:

I'm going to ignore the curses... grin

But the highlighted is wrong. I don't wish all immigration channels to be blocked. You and people like you are doing an excellent job of blocking it yourselves, one lie at a time.

Wait... isn't lucifer the father of all liars? Be careful ma'am. grin

Which lie did I tell you troll? You better be careful before you attract curses to your self. Don't you have better things to do than be trolling all over nairaland with your unsolicited negativity? Like I said, we know your type, never do wells, dredge of society who's biggest achievement is claiming to be living in the U.S.. I'm probably living better than you over here. This would be the last reply I waste on you.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by TWoods(m): 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
Jasmine90216:

Which lie did I tell you troll? You better be careful before you attract curses to your self. Don't you have better things to do than be trolling all over nairaland with your unsolicited negativity? Like I said, we know your type, never do wells, dredge of society who's biggest achievement is claiming to be living in the U.S.. I'm probably living better than you over here. This would be the last reply I waste on you.

Much of what you write says far more about you than anyone else. You sound awfully bitter... unfortunately i cant help you there.

1. Nothing you say has any effect... you do need to get away from the pseudo-religious mindset that thinks your curses have any effect other than make you look silly.

2. You posted a question on a PUBLIC forum, which means anyone can respond... so the term "unsolicited" does not apply. The problem is you aren't looking for a response, just someone to pat you on the back and calm your worried conscience that lying on a US immigration form isn't going to come back and bite you in the rear. Too bad...

3. If my biggest achievement is living in the US, why are you desperate to go there? shocked Sounds like it is a pretty big achievement no?

4. If you're living better than me, why would you be desperate enough to lie on a visa form?

You can bluster all you want, but i refuse to cater to miscreants who continue to ruin the visa chances of others because of their own selfish wants. Be angry if you wish... grin

8 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 6:45am On Nov 15, 2021
TWoods:

Much of what you write says far more about you than anyone else. You sound awfully bitter... unfortunately i cant help you there.

1. Nothing you say has any effect... you do need to get away from the pseudo-religious mindset that thinks your curses have any effect other than make you look silly.

2. You posted a question on a PUBLIC forum, which means anyone can respond... so the term "unsolicited" does not apply. The problem is you aren't looking for a response, just someone to pat you on the back and calm your worried conscience that lying on a US immigration form isn't going to come back and bite you in the rear. Too bad...

3. If my biggest achievement is living in the US, why are you desperate to go there? shocked Sounds like it is a pretty big achievement no?

4. If you're living better than me, why would you be desperate enough to lie on a visa form?

You can bluster all you want, but i refuse to cater to miscreants who continue to ruin the visa chances of others because of their own selfish wants. Be angry if you wish... grin

You guys should calm down and stop derailing the thread. Jasmine9021 and Twoods oya e don do.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 11:00am On Nov 15, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Why are some people getting interview date just 2 days after documentarily qualified??

Is this for real?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2021
Chloraseptic:

It happened in Cameroon

Where is that forum in the screenshot from? I have heard about expediting cases but just don’t know how to go about it.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 11:08am On Nov 15, 2021
dammodee911:

Where is that forum in the screenshot from? I have heard about expediting cases but just don’t know how to go about it.

That's Facebook
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lordchosen: 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
Jasmine90216:

lol....you are 100% correct....This year would be my 16th year in the United States. that's the only achievement, he probably entered US on Visit visa or visa Lottery. coming to form GALADIMA on Nairaland
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Chloraseptic:

That's Facebook

Okay. Pls What’s the name of the page on Facebook? Do you have any idea?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
Let’s try to conduct ourselves in a more civil manner. No need for name calling and all that. We are all here for various reasons which is mostly to gain information and more knowledge on how to go about our various immigration process. No need for taunting or name calling of anyone. You do not know the facts or back story behind anyone’s case, so it will be wrong to call people liars and conclude that they were being dishonest or even go lower saying they are the reasons the immigration process is getting difficult for others. No need for anyone to try to act all sanctimonious, we all know even most immigrants who have become legal residents and citizens of the the USA were most likely one time illegals. Most entered the US with visit visas or student visas and were only permitted to be there for a certain period but decided to stay put, it’s most of those groups of individuals that are filing for the rest of us today. And this isn’t peculiar to only Nigerians. Let’s avoid coming here to wash our dirty linen and castigate one another. My two cents!
@Jasmine
@Twood

4 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
dammodee911:

Okay. Pls What’s the name of the page on Facebook? Do you have any idea?

Below is the name of the group on Facebook

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 12:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Below is the name of the group on Facebook

Many Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by AloneTK: 11:13am On Nov 16, 2021
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 11:46am On Nov 16, 2021
The whole thing is just somehow now... even when you are current; you might get at least 3 (three) back to back 60 days wait. It's all clogged up. They way I see it, if you are DQ'd you have at least a year and half/2years to be called up, all depending on how fast they work on all fronts.
Na to take patience dey Gym as time dey go.
"Previlege" matter, person voice no dey to loud.
Lets all keep hope alive. It will happen for all.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevewale(m): 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good day everyone.

Please did anyone have an idea of how long it takes for passport to be ready for pick up at GCC Collection Center, VI after the status showed “Issued” since Nov 18th. … My mum didn’t get a text message from DHL neither did I receive any email from them stating that it’s ready for pickup?

I’m planning to have my mum travel end of next week. Do you advise to just go to their office on Monday to check? She’s staying out of Lagos.

Thanks for your advice

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ekoboy: 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
IrepChrist:
Good day all.
Just to give a quick update I landed Washington DC over the weekend.
Glory to God.

For those that are here ahead, please i have a question. Do I need a green card to apply for my SSN or just the temporary Immigrant Visa will do?
Hey. Have you gotten the SSN? Did you wait or you went to their office.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by oyedebby30: 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
how long did this take for NVC to get back to you?
my husband and I submitted our documents to NVC over a month ago and still no update or responses.

Kennytowel:

Good evening. I don't know if you saw my response on how I resolved this,but If you dint, I will repeat it on here.

In my case when my attestation of birth was rejected by nvc, I had to go obtain an affidavit of age declaration from ikeja high court.( I don't know your location,but you can make inquiries or approach any high court in your location,please make sure it's genuine)
I then attached both the attestation of birth and affidavit together, and scanned it to nvc.( Even after this it got rejected again,you can imagine my frustration.
I then forwarded it again, but this time I had to include a note, there is an option for this when submitting documents to nvc.(this time around my case was finally Document qualified)
You can explain in the note, that you obtained both documents from the appropriate authorities of your country, and they can make their verifications from the appropriate authorities if they doubt the source and it's originality.
I look forward to a positive response from you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps and I wish you luck in this journey
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by oyedebby30: 11:17pm On Nov 25, 2021
even for IR1 visas?
Amigo101:
The whole thing is just somehow now... even when you are current; you might get at least 3 (three) back to back 60 days wait. It's all clogged up. They way I see it, if you are DQ'd you have at least a year and half/2years to be called up, all depending on how fast they work on all fronts.
Na to take patience dey Gym as time dey go.
"Previlege" matter, person voice no dey to loud.
Lets all keep hope alive. It will happen for all.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
stevewale:
Good day everyone.

Please did anyone have an idea of how long it takes for passport to be ready for pick up at GCC Collection Center, VI after the status showed “Issued” since Nov 18th. … My mum didn’t get a text message from DHL neither did I receive any email from them stating that it’s ready for pickup?

I’m planning to have my mum travel end of next week. Do you advise to just go to their office on Monday to check? She’s staying out of Lagos.

Thanks for your advice
Its printed already you can go immediately.mine was immediately

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 5:45am On Nov 26, 2021
[quote author=oyedebby30 post=107966194]how long did this take for NVC to get back to you?
my husband and I submitted our documents to NVC over a month ago and still no update or response

Good day. You just have to be patient, the time frame of reviewing and being DQ varies.
Be rest assured they will soon get back to you.
Your prayers should be that all you've submitted will be approved without any rejection.
It took me close to 4 months for my documents to be finally approved,because a document kept getting rejected.
I know it's frustrating, the truth is that this process is just a waiting game right now.
It might take a month or even 2 months. Just keep checking your email so you don't miss their notification, when they finally reach out
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevewale(m): 6:02am On Nov 26, 2021
Ajenikoko89:

Its printed already you can go immediately.mine was immediately

Ah awesome … thanks so so much … I will have my sister go pick it up for her asap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.