Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (379451 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 8:13am On Nov 26, 2021
oyedebby30:
even for IR1 visas?

Hi. I don't suppose its the same wait time as I mentioned. However, all categories will experience longer wait times; especially the lower tiers of family based visas.
Best of luck!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2021
Amigo101:

Hi. I don't suppose its the same wait time as I mentioned. However, all categories will experience longer wait times; especially the lower tiers of family based visas.
Best of luck!

It's no longer like that. They have removed the prioritization scheme. We are all equal now In the eyes of nvc and the consulate. The news came out sometime last week.
Now Nvc and the embassies have the discretion of who to send out Interview letters to.
Both family based category and immediate relatives stand an equal chance of getting an Interview now,based on their DQ date

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2021
Kennytowel:

It's no longer like that. They have removed the prioritization scheme. We are all equal now In the eyes of nvc and the consulate. The news came out sometime last week.
Now Nvc and the embassies have the discretion of who to send out Interview letters to.
Both family based category and immediate relatives stand an equal chance of getting an Interview now,based on their DQ date

Oh really! Thanks for the update.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nah wa oooo the US embassy in Lagos is short of staff could you believe that their are only two consular conducting interviews . When I called NVC the lady that spoke to me confirmed it not until when my friend that got a visiting said that the consular are not many conducting they interview. Wahala dey for who dey ride bicycle.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ifeanyichukwu42:
Nah wa oooo the US embassy in Lagos is short of staff could you believe that their are only two consular conducting interviews . When I called NVC the lady that spoke to me confirmed it not until when my friend that got a visiting said that the consular are not many conducting they interview. Wahala dey for who dey ride bicycle.
With the new covid 19 variant about now, they will probably reduce it just one consular office conducting the interviews. Its not funny anymore.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ekoboy: 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ajenikoko89:

I also came around some days ago and i called my local ssa and i was told to wait 2weeks and if i dont receive it then i can book an appointment.
Hello, which area are you. Called the SSA in Maryland, was told to wait for 4weeks angry
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
ekoboy:

Hello, which area are you. Called the SSA in Maryland, was told to wait for 4weeks angry
Thanks i got it before 2 weeks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevewale(m): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2021
Ajenikoko89:

Its printed already you can go immediately.mine was immediately

Again, this is to say a thanks for your advice here.

My mum went there on Monday and you were right; the visa was there. I booked her ticket immediately for same Monday but unfortunately her covid test results didn’t come out so I rescheduled her for Tuesday and as I write this, she’s on her way to USA and will be receiving her shortly.

I’m worried about the Omicron as I don’t want her to spend any more weeks or months in Naija smiley

I wish everyone still waiting a good luck and speed IJN

7 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 10:35am On Dec 01, 2021
stevewale:

My mum went there on Monday and you were right; the visa was there. I booked her ticket immediately for same Monday but unfortunately her covid test results didn’t come out so I rescheduled her for Tuesday and as I write this, she’s on her way to USA and will be receiving her shortly.

I’m worried about the Omicron as I don’t want her to spend any more weeks or months in Naija smiley

Very smart move. I like the fact that you dint waste anytime.
We don't know if Nigeria will be added to the ban list.
It is well.
Take good care of your mum

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
stevewale:

Thank God for that she wont have any problem at the Point of entry

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
ekoboy:

Hey. Have you gotten the SSN? Did you wait or you went to their office.

It was delivered after a week on arrival.
Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevewale(m): 2:52am On Dec 03, 2021
Kennytowel:

Very smart move. I like the fact that you dint waste anytime.
We don't know if Nigeria will be added to the ban list.
It is well.
Take good care of your mum

Thanks so much
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevewale(m): 2:56am On Dec 03, 2021
Ajenikoko89:

Thank God for that she wont have any problem at the Point of entry

I truly appreciate your guidance as well as others here.

She arrived here yesterday (Wednesday) morning and no issues with customs at all … I didn’t even let her carry any food stuffs or check any bags in other than her carry on cos I don’t want any customs queries for her lolz smiley

Having her here is a dream come true for me.

Good luck to others too.

3 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by usernameosas25: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
My birth certificate was rejected for the second time, i don’t know what to do anymore, I’m very confused right now.
every other thing has been accepted except this, please someone that has gone through this should assist me on what to do next.
thanks.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
usernameosas25:
My birth certificate was rejected for the second time, i don’t know what to do anymore, I’m very confused right now.
every other thing has been accepted except this, please someone that has gone through this should assist me on what to do next.
thanks.

Did you attach it with the court affidavit that came with it?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
usernameosas25:
thanks.

This same issue happened to me,don't panic.
Make sure this attestation is backed up with an affidavit of age declaration. This can be gotten from any high court around your locality.
Attach this together with this same attestation of birth and submit it again.
Include a short note, there is a section for that(state that these documents have been issued by state accredited authoritie(s) and they can verify further to ascertain if it's genuine.
Be hopeful and wait patiently
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by usernameosas25: 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2021
Tekzyflex:

Did you attach it with the court affidavit that came with it?
No, but i just did that yesterday. I uploaded both the Attestation of Birth and the Court Affidavit.
I hope they accept it this time.
It took them 2 months to reply me for the second rejection.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by usernameosas25: 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
[quote author=Kennytowel post=108178051]

Make sure this attestation is backed up with an affidavit of age declaration. This can be gotten from any high court around your locality.
Include a short note, there is a section for that(state that these documents have been issued by state accredited authoritie(s) and they can verify further to ascertain if it's genuine.
I got the Afidavit of Age declaration before proceeding to NPC for the birth Attestation, but i didn’t know i was supposed to uploaded them together, i only uploaded the Birth Attestation.

I just did exactly what you explained here yesterday and i hope they accept it this time…
Thank you very much
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by usernameosas25: 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
Kennytowel:

Be hopeful and wait patiently

I got the Afidavit of Age declaration before proceeding to NPC for the birth Attestation, but i didn’t know i was supposed to uploaded them together, i only uploaded the Birth Attestation.

I just did exactly what you explained here yesterday and i hope they accept it this time…
It took them 2 month to reply me in each rejection,

please how long did it take them to reply you after replacing the documents?
I have been on this documentation since April 2021
Thank you very much
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 7:06am On Dec 05, 2021
usernameosas25:

It took them 2 month to reply me in each rejection,

please how long did it take them to reply you after replacing the documents?
I have been on this documentation since April 2021
Thank you very much
Same happened to me. Mine was rejected about 3 times. So let's say I wasted about 6 months just to get DQ.
I initially submitted a birth certificate, that got rejected.
Then submitted attestation of birth then that got rejected.
Submitted attestation and affidavit that also got rejected,I almost went kolo.
Then resubmitted attestation and affidavit again,but this time included a short note, then I finally got approved.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by usernameosas25: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kennytowel:

Same happened to me. Mine was rejected about 3 times. So let's say I wasted about 6 months just to get DQ.
Then resubmitted attestation and affidavit again,but this time included a short note, then I finally got approved.

i hope so. this time around, i submitted the Affidavit, Attestation and also with a short detailed explanation note.
i pray in God's name that they will have no choice but to accept everything this time, Amen.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 8:12am On Dec 06, 2021
usernameosas25:

i hope so. this time around, i submitted the Affidavit, Attestation and also with a short detailed explanation note.
i pray in God's name that they will have no choice but to accept everything this time, Amen.

Don't worry just be hopeful and put it in prayer as well. I believe this time good news
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by usernameosas25: 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Kennytowel:

Don't worry just be hopeful and put it in prayer as well. I believe this time good news

Amen! Thank.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2021
stevewale:

My mum will be traveling to US next week. Please did your mum undergo covid-19 test in Nigeria before boarding or was she quarantined in US? I want to know if there's a process as regard covid-19 or Omicron. Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ifeanyichukwu42:

The whole world is short staffed. Over here in the U.S, companies are raising pays just to get people. Its now a stiff competition of who pays more. A lot of deaths last year globally. Up to the people that remove snow off the roads, school bus drivers, everywhere right now is short staffed. Covid really shook the world and still shaking everywhere till date. I am considered an essential worker because i work with a pharmaceutical company.. we ship medications to hospital all over U.S.... For more than 3months we had to work 12hrs straight every day because we were short staffed. Every day, associates were quiting in large numbers,, because they were under paid. According to people for the amount of work we put in everyday and the number of hours, $19 an hr is too small cos right now most retail companies are paying upto
$23 an hour. If they don't raise our pay again, more people will start quiting all over again. I hope it doesn't get to that,, because working 12hrs and taking care of 3kids is no joke, driving to school and to and back from work on the Freeway. Smh! May God help us. American life no be joke ooo. Here na serious hussle. Now I understand what people living abroad say. The only difference is that here you work hard and see what you are working for, unlike in naija. I pray for everyone going through their Visa Journey. A lot has changed now compared to when we were going through our own VISA JOURNEY. Most times I have to read through just to see how things are done now. With all that is going on, in naija, excessive kidnapping, and all. Its sad sometimes reading the news, even about the young Nigerian boy that was bullied and killed in boarding house. It was such a sad case... and I hope the perpetrators don't get away with it. The decay is so bad now, even among teenagers. May God continue to help his Children.
I am glad I am able to pop in once in a while and read through this amazing thread and see a lot of people being encouraged through their Visa Journey. Its hard when you have to wait for so long to reunite with your loved ones, but be rest assured it is worth the wait, cos people wey no get their paper for here na problem ooo. They go through a lot and they have to settle for less. No joke.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
True talk my sister nah who no go no know. I leave here in the U.S I sabi as it dey take go. Good advice and God bless your hustle.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ifeanyichukwu42:
True talk my sister nah who no go no know. I leave here in the U.S I sabi as it dey take go. Good advice and God bless your hustle.

Amen Bro . God bless your hustle too.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevewale(m): 12:48am On Dec 12, 2021
Tekzyflex:

My mum will be traveling to US next week. Please did your mum undergo covid-19 test in Nigeria before boarding or was she quarantined in US? I want to know if there's a process as regard covid-19 or Omicron. Thanks

Sorry for late response.

Yes she did a covid test a day before her trip and no quarantine.

Your mum can do test same day she’s living as far as she get it done before 11am, I think the results will be out same day.

Currently, no quarantine requirements in US other than that the covid test must be done at most a day before the person boards plane.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevewale(m): 1:55am On Dec 12, 2021
pretty16:

The whole world is short staffed. Over here in the U.S, companies are raising pays just to get people. Its now a stiff competition of who pays more. A lot of deaths last year globally. Up to the people that remove snow off the roads, school bus drivers, everywhere right now is short staffed. Covid really shook the world and still shaking everywhere till date. I am considered an essential worker because i work with a pharmaceutical company.. we ship medications to hospital all over U.S.... For more than 3months we had to work 12hrs straight every day because we were short staffed. Every day, associates were quiting in large numbers,, because they were under paid. According to people for the amount of work we put in everyday and the number of hours, $19 an hr is too small cos right now most retail companies are paying upto
$23 an hour. If they don't raise our pay again, more people will start quiting all over again. I hope it doesn't get to that,, because working 12hrs and taking care of 3kids is no joke, driving to school and to and back from work on the Freeway. Smh! May God help us. American life no be joke ooo. Here na serious hussle. Now I understand what people living abroad say. The only difference is that here you work hard and see what you are working for, unlike in naija. I pray for everyone going through their Visa Journey. A lot has changed now compared to when we were going through our own VISA JOURNEY. Most times I have to read through just to see how things are done now. With all that is going on, in naija, excessive kidnapping, and all. Its sad sometimes reading the news, even about the young Nigerian boy that was bullied and killed in boarding house. It was such a sad case... and I hope the perpetrators don't get away with it. The decay is so bad now, even among teenagers. May God continue to help his Children.
I am glad I am able to pop in once in a while and read through this amazing thread and see a lot of people being encouraged through their Visa Journey. Its hard when you have to wait for so long to reunite with your loved ones, but be rest assured it is worth the wait, cos people wey no get their paper for here na problem ooo. They go through a lot and they have to settle for less. No joke.

You nailed it 100% …

Even in the IT/Tech industry, we’re all feeling the “short staffed” heat. My team keeps getting shrinked every time and have been trying to staff some key roles but talents are scarce… govt sectors aren’t exempted as well.

God bless your hustles

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 7:08am On Dec 12, 2021
stevewale:

Sorry for late response.

Yes she did a covid test a day before her trip and no quarantine.

Your mum can do test same day she’s living as far as she get it done before 11am, I think the results will be out same day.

Currently, no quarantine requirements in US other than that the covid test must be done at most a day before the person boards plane.

Thanks bro
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 10:46am On Dec 12, 2021
stevewale:

You nailed it 100% …

Even in the IT/Tech industry, we’re all feeling the “short staffed” heat. My team keeps getting shrinked every time and have been trying to staff some key roles but talents are scarce… govt sectors aren’t exempted as well.

God bless your hustles

I can imagine. You too Bro. And please stay safe.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Planner99: 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
Kennytowel:

Do you mind sharing what the note explanation you gave in your later accepted attempt said please. I'm in the same boat and trying to avoid and further rejection and delay. Since yours worked, I'll appreciate if you could share. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.