Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,327 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (381416 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Yem2023: 2:11am On Mar 04, 2023
@lily156
Thanks for your response. We’ll keep waiting prayerfully. I can’t figure out how to respond to comments directly so bear with me
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 7:44am On Mar 04, 2023
Yem2023:
@lily156
Thanks for your response. We’ll keep waiting prayerfully. I can’t figure out how to respond to comments directly so bear with me
From your screen, you should see 4 options against the posts of others:
1. (Quote)
2. (Report)
3. (Like)
4. (Share)

(Quote) is used to respond directly to a comment. You can try it out.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevewale(m): 1:33am On Mar 05, 2023
Please has anyone (a citizen) here who filed for a minor child since 2019 gotten an interview date yet?

My daughter’s case has been pending with NVC for a while now waiting for an interview date.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Cutie1973: 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2023
jibbson365:

please, my pd is feb.2017 and am yet to get a welcome letter since then..... and i was told it has been sent to my email box, but cant find any.

please at what point will i start paying for the fees and sending neccesary document, cos am just confused right now.

please i need an advice on this
Mine is 19 Aug. 2016. They have not sent anything. I think they stopped at 8Aug.2016 from the bulletin. So u can't start anything until they get to feb 2017
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 10:29am On Mar 06, 2023
lily156:
What visa category?

F11, F2B
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 10:32am On Mar 06, 2023
Cutie1973:

Mine is 19 Aug. 2016. They have not sent anything. I think they stopped at 8Aug.2016 from the bulletin. So u can't start anything until they get to feb 2017
THANKS.............APPRECIATE
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 11:58am On Mar 06, 2023
GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
PLEASE LET US MAKE THIS GROUP ACTIVE AGAIN.......................... I THINK THE GROUP AS BEEN SO SILENT FOR SOME FEW MONTHS.. PLEASE LET THE INFORMATION KEEPS COMING IN.........
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by softtouch2(m): 11:16am On Mar 07, 2023
Has anyone been able to log in recently to CEAC website to check the application status?

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2023
pls house i got a message from NVC with the subject .....Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation.... please is it the same thing as welcome letter or does it means something else? and what is the next thing to do? @pretty16, @oladeep,@chokey419,@ttmacoy e.t.c and anyone that has passed through this stage........................pls i need your advice on what next to do
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 6:50pm On Mar 07, 2023
softtouch2:
Has anyone been able to log in recently to CEAC website to check the application status?
i just did and it logged in
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ttmacoy: 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2023
It's the first step when the NVC receive your approved application from USCIS, they create your case on their systems then you get welcome letter. The next stage will be to wait for your priority date to be current. What category are you applying for?

https://greencardpetitions.com/welcome-letter-not-recieved-yet

"What is a Welcome Letter?
After getting approval for your petition, USCIS will transfer your case for further processing to the Department of State's National Visa Centre (NVC). As NVC receive your petition from USCIS, the first step they take is the creation of your case in their system. Once this is done, NVC sends a welcome Letter by e-mail or physical mail.

An applicant has to wait until his / her priority date is current. The NVC will start its processing six to 12 months before your priority date is expected to be current by sending you a welcome letter. While in the case of “immediate relative,” NVC sends welcome letter shortly after it gets the file from USCIS.The welcome letter comprises fee invoices, case numbers, and invoice numbers. These numbers are required to apply for your visa. Once you get the welcome letter, you’re ready to start applying for your immigrant visa."

jibbson365:
pls house i got a message from NVC with the subject .....Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation.... please is it the same thing as welcome letter or does it means something else? and what is the next thing to do? @pretty16, @oladeep,@chokey419,@ttmacoy e.t.c and anyone that has passed through this stage........................pls i need your advice on what next to do
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2023
ttmacoy:
It's the first step when the NVC receive your approved application from USCIS, they create your case on their systems then you get welcome letter. The next stage will be to wait for your priority date to be current. What category are you applying for?

f2b

After getting approval for your petition, USCIS will transfer your case for further processing to the Department of State's National Visa Centre (NVC). As NVC receive your petition from USCIS, the first step they take is the creation of your case in their system. Once this is done, NVC sends a welcome Letter by e-mail or physical mail.

An applicant has to wait until his / her priority date is current. The NVC will start its processing six to 12 months before your priority date is expected to be current by sending you a welcome letter. While in the case of “immediate relative,” NVC sends welcome letter shortly after it gets the file from USCIS.The welcome letter comprises fee invoices, case numbers, and invoice numbers. These numbers are required to apply for your visa. Once you get the welcome letter, you’re ready to start applying for your immigrant visa."

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
[quote author=ttmacoy post=121554472]It's the first step when the NVC receive your approved application from USCIS, they create your case on their systems then you get welcome letter. The next stage will be to wait for your priority date to be current. What category are you applying for?

F2B
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 8:07pm On Mar 07, 2023
ttmacoy:

F2B
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Cutie1973: 2:05am On Mar 08, 2023
jibbson365:
F2B
When is your priority date?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by softtouch2(m): 4:15am On Mar 08, 2023
jibbson365:
i just did and it logged in

With this link below?

hxxps://ceac.state.gov/IV

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 6:05am On Mar 08, 2023
Cutie1973:

When is your priority date?
Feb,2017
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 6:05am On Mar 08, 2023
softtouch2:

With this link below?

hxxps://ceac.state.gov/IV
yea
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2023
softtouch2:

Mine is still pretty much fine. Logged in!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 9:22am On Mar 10, 2023
One immigration lawyer I follow on YouTube for latest information on immigrant visa said applicants that have been DQ for over two years can file this lawsuit against the government. Anyone heard about it? Something seriously needs to be done cause it’s almost as if the family category has been abandoned and they simply don’t care.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
olamie:
Good day,
I’m a US LPR and I filed for my husband last year march, the category is F2A. I hear people say the wait time is 2years. Is the wait time observed before uscis approval? After the approval, what happens next and how long does it take to be transferred to NVC?
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Typically, the wait for a Green Card is much shorter in the F2A category than any other family-based category. There are two reasons why this category is so much faster: Visa capacity is larger, with 87,934 Green Cards a year; 75% of Green Cards within the F2A category are exempt from the annual country
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
jibbson365:

Yes
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by almasterpiece(m): 8:20pm On Mar 13, 2023
Good evening house, my case is at NVC, my wife is not financially capable to sponsor me for AOS, so her mom did that. Now, NVC says the documents is missing, pls is my wife supposed to send in her i-864 as well as her mom?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
almasterpiece:
Good evening house, my case is at NVC, my wife is not financially capable to sponsor me for AOS, so her mom did that. Now, NVC says the documents is missing, pls is my wife supposed to send in her i-864 as well as her mom?
She has to send hers even if she made zero dollar. Her mom is the co-sponsor only!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amoj4682: 3:56am On Mar 14, 2023
aestake:

She has to send hers even if she made zero dollar. Her mom is the co-sponsor only!

Hello house please how do I add my children to my profile, please can someone send the link or email yo me. Thank you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2023
Good evening house, I logged in into the ceac site hoping to make some payment and upload necessary documents.... but I can't. Please why is it not opening and why can't I have access to make payment or upload document at this time...

Please I need response, thank you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Cutie1973: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
jibbson365:
Good evening house, I logged in into the ceac site hoping to make some payment and upload necessary documents.... but I can't. Please why is it not opening and why can't I have access to make payment or upload document at this time...

Please I need response, thank you.
According to the visa bulletin, for date of filling your category is still in Jan 2017. And ur priority date is Feb 2017. U can only start payments when they get to or pass ur priority date
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Yem2023: 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2023
bfn1:

From your screen, you should see 4 options against the posts of others:
1. (Quote)
2. (Report)
3. (Like)
4. (Share)

(Quote) is used to respond directly to a comment. You can try it out.
I just did
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Yem2023: 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2023
almasterpiece:
Yes please. Send for both sponsor and Joint sponsor.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jibbson365: 10:16am On Mar 24, 2023
Cutie1973:

According to the visa bulletin, for date of filling your category is still in Jan 2017. And ur priority date is Feb 2017. U can only start payments when they get to or pass ur priority date
thank you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bivoprad(f): 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2023
Hello everyone,
If I am to file for my sibling as a US citizen, please, how long will it take for her to receive her immigrant visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.