Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (380572 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by iyke109(m): 12:26am On Apr 04, 2023
Please my wife's mother who is a USC filed for her, we are now married that means down to f3 visa. She is from Sierra Leone will the country make the process faster ?

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 2:13am On Apr 04, 2023
internationalman:

Bro this is immigrant visa application thread. I don't think illegal migration is possible with immigrant visa though
I'm telling you part of the reason you are being terribly delayed. Irregular immigration aplenty!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 2:14am On Apr 04, 2023
iyke109:
Please my wife's mother who is a USC filed for her, we are now married that means down to f3 visa. She is from Sierra Leone will the country make the process faster ?
Nope.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lonikit: 7:22am On Apr 04, 2023
iyke109:

F3 is one year faster than f4.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lonikit: 7:24am On Apr 04, 2023
myright:
my application has not been approved yet

When was your PD date
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by internationalman(m): 7:27am On Apr 04, 2023
aestake:

I'm telling you part of the reason you are being terribly delayed. Irregular immigration aplenty!

Dude at this point I must say I don't understand you anymore.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 11:48am On Apr 04, 2023
internationalman:

Bye
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 3:12pm On Apr 04, 2023
internationalman:

I think he means that US immigration is working more on cases of people who have entered the States illegally e.g through the southern border mostly and are undocumented, those who have overstayed their visitors visa, status change and all that. With all these; those who are going about it the right way are suffering serious wait times plus no movement of bulletin dates and no much interview call-ups.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
Amigo101:

I think he means that US immigration is working more on cases of people who have entered the States illegally e.g through the southern border mostly and are undocumented, those who have overstayed their visitors visa, status change and all that. With all these; those who are going about it the right way are suffering serious wait times plus no movement of bulletin dates and no much interview call-ups.
You got it!

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
lonikit:

F3 is one year faster than f4.
Yeah, the marriage added about 7 yrs.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by internationalman(m): 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2023
Amigo101:

Ok thanks.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by internationalman(m): 6:04pm On Apr 04, 2023
aestake:

Bye

I get you now. I didn't know you meant illegal immigrant already in the US. Amigo101 have explained it better.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by myright: 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2023
lonikit:

When was your PD date
September 8, 2014
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by iyke109(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2023
Is the wait time for Nigeria the same with other countries. Because I am meant to understand that countries have % of people per year for F3 visas
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lonikit: 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
myright:
September 8, 2014
I think something might be wrong. U should have been approved. I advise you contact uscis
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by myright: 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2023
lonikit:

I think something might be wrong. U should have been approved. I advise you contact uscis
do you have the link where I can check whether it has been approved now? I used to have the link but not anymore
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lonikit: 10:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
myright:
do you have the link where I can check whether it has been approved now? I used to have the link but not anymore

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lordcrixus: 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2023
myright:

It's better if it takes longer years to be approved so that your derivatives(children), if you have got any, will not age out and they can go with you on the petition.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2023
Canadians seeking asylum in the US 😂😂. Dude, you read about illegal immigrants in the US seeking asylum in the US by going through Roxham Rd. Okay, you're not a troll, you're just ignorant.

aestake:

Guys who go in from Mexico, guys who landed with B1/B2, Mexicans, Canadians claiming asylum etc. I have heard a Canadian seeking asylum. So the Govt focuses on them.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2023
Interview call-up is solely dependent on the embassy. How does an illegal processing in the US affect interview dates in Lagos. Are consulates also working on illegals

There are many issues at play chiefly personnel reduction at USCIS and NVC. During Trump's administration, there were huge staffing cuts which was deliberately done to delay immigration processes. After that, during Covid, many retired. The process for training new recruits is a long one.

Plus, in recent times, many people that crossed the Mexican border illegally have opted to go directly to Canada which is why Canada and the US recently closed the popular Roxham Rd border crossing. No matter how many conspiracy theories are thrown about, it takes a loooooon time to go through the asylum process in the US. And the US has been sending many people that crossed illegally back - Venezuelans, Cubans, Haitians etc.

Amigo101:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2023
lily156:
Canadians seeking asylum in the US 😂😂. Dude, you read about illegal immigrants in the US seeking asylum in the US by going through Roxham Rd. Okay, you're not a troll, you're just ignorant.

Yeah, it was very bad when a Canadian came to Jim youtube live show to say that. Illegal migrants seek asylum to US via anywhere: Mexico, Roxham Road, US airports with B1/b2, F1, J and A visas. Anything! I feel sorry for those Nigerians who are exit-seeking and I feel more sorry for them as the next Nigerian Govts are worse than the one being replaced. A troll and an ignoramus are what Nigeria needs now!

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2023
The country only makes it faster after your PD becomes current AND you are DQ.
If you're not current, you're not current despite the country.
F3 is current for <=22NOV08.
If your wife was unmarried, she would have been 6 years ahead as F1 is currently <=01DEC14

iyke109:
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by torrentfinder1: 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
Good evening
I am DQ Feb 2021 and my PD is May 2008. My visa category is F3 (Married child of a US citizen) I am abit worried because we should have been called for an interview by now. Been getting the the 60 days notification for the last 2 years.

Any advise on what to do?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lonikit: 6:56am On Apr 09, 2023
torrentfinder1:
Good evening
I am DQ Feb 2021 and my PD is May 2008. My visa category is F3 (Married child of a US citizen) I am abit worried because we should have been called for an interview by now. Been getting the the 60 days notification for the last 2 years.

Check the visa bulletin to know if you are correct.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
You're current which is great. The problem is with the US embassy in Nigeria. They're backlogged. You were DQ in Feb 2021 but even those DQ in April 2020 for your category are still waiting for an interview.
The only way to hasten your interview is to transfer your case to another country if you have the ability to do so. There are Facebook and Whatsapp groups where you'll find information on transferring.

torrentfinder1:
Good evening

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Yem2023: 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
internationalman:

Bro this is immigrant visa application thread. I don't think illegal migration is possible with immigrant visa though

I believe he meant US immigration is faster with people who come in illegally and adjust status than people who wait in their country and go through the immigrant visa path. He didn’t mean immigrant visa path is illegal.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Cutie1973: 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
Good evening All
Pls, my PD is Aug 2016 F1 and according to the may visa bulletin they have passed my PD. I have not received any welcome letter from NVC. How should I go about this? Am I to wait for them to send it or should I contact them.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
Your PD is current for filing but not for final action which means a visa is not yet available for you. F1 is current for Dec 2014 or earlier.
Note that on the visa bulletin, dates for filing is different from final action date.
However, you should be getting a letter from NVC anytime now so that you can get DQ in readiness for when your PD becomes current. Actually, you should have received it by now so just reach out to NVC and ask them. Contact them using the inquiry form.

Cutie1973:
Good evening All
Pls, my PD is Aug 2016 F1 and according to the may visa bulletin they have passed my PD. I have not received any welcome letter from NVC. How should I go about this? Am I to wait for them to send it or should I contact them.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Cutie1973: 9:15am On Apr 15, 2023
Cutie1973:
[/quote][quote author=lily156 post=122520908]Your PD is current for filing but not for final action which means a visa is not yet available for you. F1 is current for Dec 2014 or earlier.
Note that on the visa bulletin, dates for filing is different from final action date.
However, you should be getting a letter from NVC anytime now so that you can get DQ in readiness for when your PD becomes current. Actually, you should have received it by now so just reach out to NVC and ask them. Contact them using the inquiry form.

OK.Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by frankike1: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2023
Visa Bulletin has just moved in some categories after nearly two years of no movement. If you’re current now, you’re good to go. Congrats
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2023
frankike1:
Visa Bulletin has just moved in some categories after nearly two years of no movement. If you’re current now, you’re good to go. Congrats
Yeah, two weeks is better than 0 week for F4!

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 8:54am On Apr 20, 2023
Uchetobi did u ur priority date current now
Amigo101:

It's beginning to look so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.