Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (378374 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Helpout12345: 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
Boofrenzy:
Thanks brother, it is settled.

Glad you have it settled. All the best with rest of the process.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by weaseloo: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2022
Hi guys,

What are the alternatives or way out for this family:

The visa interview date (eb2 niw application) has been released and the location is Lagos. But due to unforeseen circumstances the wife cannot attend the interview in Lagos because she lives outside Nigeria and will not be able to return to Nigeria for the interview.

What can they do not to miss this opportunity?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
weaseloo:
Hi guys,

The visa interview date (eb2 niw application) has been released and the location is Lagos. But due to unforeseen circumstances the wife cannot attend the interview in Lagos because she lives outside Nigeria and will not be able to return to Nigeria for the interview.

To travel to Lagos nao
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Helpout12345: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
weaseloo:
Hi guys,

You didn't mention who is the primary applicant. Is it the wife or the husband? Are other members of the family on the application in Nigeria except the wife ?

Anyways, she has to travel to Lagos if she does not want to miss this opportunity.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by adedammy009: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
weaseloo:
Hi guys,

Getting immigrant visa interview slot these days are very difficult. I suggest she finds a way to attend the interview by all means possible.
When was I-140 approved and how long before getting to visa interview stage?
All the best.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by weaseloo: 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2022
adedammy009:

Getting immigrant visa interview slot these days are very difficult. I suggest she finds a way to attend the interview by all means possible.
When was I-140 approved and how long before getting to visa interview stage?
All the best.

Thanks for your feedback. I’d have to get back to you on the I-140 question.

When you say difficult, do you mean the new interview date can be way ahead, like 1 year? Or do you mean that they will not be able to change the date?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Superrman: 6:57am On Sep 12, 2022
Bro, would like to know if they've contacted you cos my own PD is Jan 2017.
Goodman1010:
Category is f11
Priority date is march 2016
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Planner99: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hello, Just wanted to check in to ask how the visa interview went. I hope you got it. I'm in F2B category as well.

Valolisa147:
Hello. Please i have been catching up with lots of visa thread. My dad left Nigeria last month on PR and he just got issued SSN this week. He's meant to file for me and my sister under F2B what's the wait time and how does the process work. I also applied for US student visa for MSC program and i have interview next week, this is like the 3rd time, what can improve my chances because my dad's status just changed in recent time. Can someone please work me through on this new process, I'm worried about my F1 visa cos it has been disappointing now i have alternative what's the wait period. Any genuine opinion will be appreciated
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by weaseloo: 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2022
Helpout12345:

You didn't mention who is the primary applicant. Is it the wife or the husband? Are other members of the family on the application in Nigeria except the wife ?

Anyways, she has to travel to Lagos if she does not want to miss this opportunity.

Only husband and wife are on the application, the children are citizens by birth. The primary applicant is the husband.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Inohtuza: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2022
Hi Everyone,
Please I would like to know if anyone has an update for Interview Letters for F2A visa application.

My PD is Mar 2018 and DQ'd April 2020
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Helpout12345: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2022
weaseloo:

Only husband and wife are on the application, the children are citizens by birth. The primary applicant is the husband.

For immigrant visa, the primary applicant must be interviewed first before the derivatives. In this case the husband must be interviewed first to establish his qualification for the immigrant visa.

These are their options:

1. The husband can go head to attend the currently scheduled interview, while they change interview date for the wife.

2. They can change interview dates for both of them.

Like I said before, if the files are still with NVC, NVC can reschedule their interview easily. They will just be put them back into the pool of people waiting to be scheduled for the next following month. Just a phone call to NYC is sufficient to make this happen.

There's a way to track their files location online but it's a long process. They should just call NVC that they will like to reschedule interview date. If their files have left NVC, NVC will ask them to contact the embassy.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by weaseloo: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2022
Helpout12345:

For immigrant visa, the primary applicant must be interviewed first before the derivatives. In this case the husband must be interviewed first to establish his qualification for the immigrant visa.

These are their options:

1. The husband can go head to attend the currently scheduled interview, while they change interview date for the wife.

2. They can change interview dates for both of them.

Like I said before, if the files are still with NVC, NVC can reschedule their interview easily. They will just be put them back into the pool of people waiting to be scheduled for the next following month. Just a phone call to NYC is sufficient to make this happen.

There's a way to track their files location online but it's a long process. They should just call NVC that they will like to reschedule interview date. If their files have left NVC, NVC will ask them to contact the embassy.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dnapstar(m): 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2022
Good day all.
what can i use to reach NVC? I need them to open my portal so i could update my sponsor list.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2022
dnapstar:
Good day all.
what can i use to reach NVC? I need them to open my portal so i could update my sponsor list.
Hello, try asknvc@state.gov.

All the best.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dnapstar(m): 6:46am On Sep 21, 2022
bfn1:

Hello, try asknvc@state.gov.

All the best.
Thanks for your feedback.

Is this a site or an email??
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 6:57am On Sep 21, 2022
dnapstar:
Thanks for your feedback.
Is this a site or an email??
It's an email.

Another option is to use this link: NVC Public Inquiry Form.
Fill in all your details appropriately & patiently wait for their response.

The NVC suspended telephone inquiry earlier this year.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Honey3d: 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
@jehnii I just want to say a very big thank you for all the inputs, you are the best!!!!
I'm now in the US, my visa was approved in August.
To everyone still waiting, don't be scared you're almost there, God is with you all.
I'll try my best to answer questions and make sure that this thread is still as active as ever.
Jehnii:

Congratulations on getting a date, you’ll keep checking online, and if you see a closer gate, then take it.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Goodman1010: 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2022
Superrman:
Bro, would like to know if they've contacted you cos my own PD is Jan 2017.

No bro. They havent contacted me. Heard fiscal year is starting next month so they will start processing application again. You can check d visa bulletin
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Goodman1010: 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2022
Honey3d:
@jehnii I just want to say a very big thank you for all the inputs, you are the best!!!!
I'm now in the US, my visa was approved in August.
To everyone still waiting, don't be scared you're almost there, God is with you all.
I'll try my best to answer questions and make sure that this thread is still as active as ever.

Please when was your pd?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Cutie1973: 10:23am On Sep 29, 2022
Goodman1010:

No bro. They havent contacted me. Heard fiscal year is starting next month so they will start processing application again. You can check d visa bulletin
pls, what is ur category and pd
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Goodman1010: 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
Cutie1973:
pls, what is ur category and pd

Category is F11 and pd is mar 2016
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Cutie1973: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2022
Goodman1010:

Category is F11 and pd is mar 2016
. Same category with me. But my pd is Aug. 2016. Do u know of any group I can be getting info? Add me up pls. Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by meemeelisco(f): 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
Inohtuza:
Hi Everyone,
Please I would like to know if anyone has an update for Interview Letters for F2A visa application.

My PD is Mar 2018 and DQ'd April 2020

Also waiting for IL!
Visa - F4
PD - mar 2006
DQ’d - Apr 2020

Do you know what month they are inviting for now?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2022
meemeelisco:
Also waiting for IL!
Visa - F4
PD - Jan 2019
DQ’d - Apr 2020

Are you sure about the bolded?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by meemeelisco(f): 7:33am On Oct 04, 2022
bfn1:

Are you sure about the bolded?

Yes, it's F4.

I have updated the PD, that was the cause of the confusion.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 10:41am On Oct 04, 2022
bonawaja:

HI Rudo the last time you received interview reminder is der any attachment letter to it i mean the same reminder letter but come as an attachment to the email or only the email no attachment.
Hello house any latest of F4 visa
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2022
meemeelisco:

Also waiting for IL!
Visa - F4
PD - mar 2006
DQ’d - Apr 2020

Are u sure of ur priority day cause Jan feb 2007 priority date with DQ feb 2020 has gotten visa since May this year in this platform
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by meemeelisco(f): 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2022
All the details are correct and that is why I am asking what the latest IL date is.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 1:10am On Oct 05, 2022
bonawaja:

Are u sure of ur priority day cause Jan feb 2007 priority date with DQ feb 2020 has gotten visa since May this year in this platform
But his dq is April…

IL is by dq not P.D.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 5:19am On Oct 05, 2022
uchetobi:

But his dq is April…

IL is by dq not P.D.
my sister did her interview today too for f4 visa and was granted.
PD SEPT 2006
DQ DEC 2020
this one happen in May this year by Amigo she got her IL in February This year from NVC but Lagos Embassy re-schedule her Appointment to May

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.