Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (380018 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
mrskiffa:
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to this community seeking guidance and insights on a challenging situation I've encountered in my immigration journey.

My journey began with the filing of an I-360 petition (widower petition) after the passing of my American citizen husband shortly after our marriage. After patiently navigating through the processing stages and the challenges posed by COVID-19 in 2021, my I-360 petition reached the embassy interview stage.

During the embassy interview, I was asked a few questions, followed by several weeks of administrative processing. To my surprise, the U.S. Embassy returned my I-360 petition to USCIS, suggesting a possible revocation. Now, USCIS has completed its review and sent the petition back to the National Visa Center (NVC) for further visa processing.

I find myself uncertain about what to expect in this context, especially with an I-360 petition. I would greatly appreciate any advice or insights from those who have experienced a similar situation. What are the typical next steps in the visa application process for I-360 petitions after USCIS returns the petition to NVC? Are there any specific documents or actions I should be prepared for, particularly in the case of an I-360 petition?

Your insights and experiences are immensely valuable to me as I navigate this challenging situation. Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.

Best regards,

If it has been returned to NVC then you'll just have to wait. till you're told what docs to submit to the portal. It maybe the same docs you uploaded the before your interview.
You would be interviewed again so maybe remember what you were asked and the answers you gave

I think the only cases I've seen in nairaland is when the petitioner parent dies during immigrant visa processing.

You might wanna check visajourney website. It has far more forums and you might get answers from those in similar circumstances
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
Oflaylay:
20years
This is file and forget.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lonikit: 5:12am On Oct 18, 2023
Oflaylay:
20years

15 years
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2023
lonikit:

15 years

Add another 3 years after being DQ'ed. Oh..and add another 2 or 3 years when you finally become current.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hello
can someone explain this to me. Does this mean my dad started the petition for me and elder siser march2023
how many years do we need to wait before we get called for an interview
my sister is 17 im over 21 rn

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
lonikit:

15 years
People are in their 16th year without any interview.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2023
Spanishmilf:
Hello
can someone explain this to me. Does this mean my dad started the petition for me and elder siser march2023
how many years do we need to wait before we get called for an interview
my sister is 17 im over 21 rn
USCIS are yet to approve the i130s. After the approvals, go to travel.gov site and be checking on the visa bulletin. It is a long haul, brother.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
Amigo101:

Add another 3 years after being DQ'ed. Oh..and add another 2 or 3 years when you finally become current.
Another reality sadly

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 11:09pm On Oct 18, 2023
aestake:

USCIS are yet to approve the i130s. After the approvals, go to travel.gov site and be checking on the visa bulletin. It is a long haul, brother.
omo
and my pops was telling before december or latest early next yr we would be called
make i take mind mehn
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 1:32am On Oct 19, 2023
Spanishmilf:
omo
and my pops was telling before december or latest early next yr we would be called
make i take mind mehn
Is he a USC?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 9:29am On Oct 19, 2023
aestake:

Is he a USC?
wdym usc?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2023
Spanishmilf:
wdym usc?
Us citizen.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
aestake:

Us citizen.
nah
green card owner but he is collecting his next year
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Glamourie: 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
I’ve been DQed by NVC since August.. When should I be expecting an interview since my petitioner is a Us citizen and spouse and children of Us citizens do not have priority date?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 11:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
Spanishmilf:
nah
green card owner but he is collecting his next year
Ok. Right now your sister is under F2A while you are F2B. When he naturalisés, your sis will be IR2 while you become F1. Everyone remains unmarried if not category will change for more years to wait. Your sis won't wait too much (after being documentarily complete) when your dad becomes a citizen next year.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by apach4ever(m): 8:15am On Oct 20, 2023
Glamourie:
I’ve been DQed by NVC since August.. When should I be expecting an interview since my petitioner is a Us citizen and spouse and children of Us citizens do not have priority date?
Are you under 21?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Glamourie: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2023
Yes my child is under 21, and I’m the spouse of a US citizen
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2023
If you were DQ'd August 2023, it's about 11-12 months before interview in Nigeria. Unless you have a valid reason to expedite.

Glamourie:
Yes my child is under 21, and I’m the spouse of a US citizen
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lade456: 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2023
Hello, does anyone know how long it takes for minor of LPR to get interview dates in Lagos.
PD is Dec 2017 and DQ is Nov 2022.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Besavednow: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2023
Lade456:
Hello, does anyone know how long it takes for minor of LPR to get interview dates in Lagos.
PD is Dec 2017 and DQ is Nov 2022.

Why did it take you this long? 2017 PD is 6years already, converting to a USC could have made the process faster.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lade456: 11:34am On Oct 24, 2023
Besavednow:

Why did it take you this long? 2017 PD is 6years already, converting to a USC could have made the process faster.

The petitioner is yet to naturalize
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by flamxy682(m): 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
Good afternoon, all.

I need clarification on the F4 visa process.

My sibling, who is a US citizen, filed for my immigration. PD is May 2016.

The status of my case says Case Received, and the inquiry date is May 2024.

How do I get to know the ND and DQ?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lordcrixus: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2023
flamxy682:
Good afternoon, all.

I need clarification on the F4 visa process.

My sibling, who is a US citizen, filed for my immigration. PD is May 2016.

The status of my case says Case Received, and the inquiry date is May 2024.

How do I get to know the ND and DQ?

F4 takes about 16 years presently, so you will need to wait.
first the petition would have to be approved by USCIS and sent to NVC before you can begin to discuss DQ.
At case received, it means your petition is yet to be approved.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by flamxy682(m): 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
Lordcrixus:

F4 takes about 16 years presently, so you will need to wait.
first the petition would have to be approved by USCIS and sent to NVC before you can begin to discuss DQ.
At case received, it means your petition is yet to be approved.

Thank you for your reply.

Can one who has applied for F4 also apply for spousal visa (permanent resident)?

And how long does it take, that's if you have an idea.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 11:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
flamxy682:

Thank you for your reply.

Can one who has applied for F4 also apply for spousal visa (permanent resident)?

And how long does it take, that's if you have an idea.

It's the petitioner that applies on your behalf
USC in the US applies for spouse in Nigery
USC sibling in the US applies for sibling in Nigeria

To your question YES you can have multiple immigrant applications applied for you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by flamxy682(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2023
Taal17:

It's the petitioner that applies on your behalf
USC in the US applies for spouse in Nigery
USC sibling in the US applies for sibling in Nigeria

To your question YES you can have multiple immigrant applications applied for you.

Thank you for your response.

Let me disturb you further, please.

How long does it take to bring your spouse over for a permanent resident?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by mrskiffa: 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2023
Taal17:

If it has been returned to NVC then you'll just have to wait. till you're told what docs to submit to the portal. It maybe the same docs you uploaded the before your interview.
You would be interviewed again so maybe remember what you were asked and the answers you gave

I think the only cases I've seen in nairaland is when the petitioner parent dies during immigrant visa processing.

You might wanna check visajourney website. It has far more forums and you might get answers from those in similar circumstances

Thank you so much, What surprises me is the message that says my application has been sent to state department for visa processing. Does that mean I will not attend interview again?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2023
mrskiffa:

Thank you so much, What surprises me is the message that says my application has been sent to state department for visa processing. Does that mean I will not attend interview again?
You'll still attend interview if your passport is not with them.
They will want to see you most likely .

If your passport is with them then that's different
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by meklo09(m): 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2023
my wife she's medical nurse and my son both are green cardholders. although before she left, she did a bit of my applications halfway and now she has officially filed for me. Please how long does this process take?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 12:34am On Nov 07, 2023
meklo09:
my wife she's medical nurse and my son both are green cardholders. although before she left, she did a bit of my applications halfway and now she has officially filed for me. Please how long does this process take?
F2A, you are in this category.
The process could take between 4 - 5 years going by the current timeline. If she, however, becomes a USC (through naturalization), you can apply under IR1 which has a relatively faster processing time.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by myright: 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
Please house, what does this mean: "Your case will be assigned to an adjudication officer no later than one year prior to the date of visa availability."?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by idriskamss: 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2023
Pls house help me to understand ,a friend of my is waiting for an interview date,she just got a mail from nvc that she is documentrily qualified,and my findings is that the embassy still has backlog of 2021 they are still treating .her father is an American citizen,her father filled for her.pls if this is true that they are in 2021,pls which month are they now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.