Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,383 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (381425 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 11:12pm On Nov 17, 2023
idriskamss:
Pls house help me to understand ,a friend of my is waiting for an interview date,she just got a mail from nvc that she is documentrily qualified,and my findings is that the embassy still has backlog of 2021 they are still treating .her father is an American citizen,her father filled for her.pls if this is true that they are in 2021,pls which month are they now?
It depends on what category she's in
you need to know her priority date

Is she an adult ? 21 yrs and older Then she's F1 .

Is she younger than 21? Then she's IR2 if she was younger than 21 when her father filed for her then she's still IR2

Her priority date will determine how long she has
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by idriskamss: 11:21pm On Nov 17, 2023
Taal17:

Is she younger than 21? Then she's F2A if she was younger than 21 when her father filed for her then she's still F2A

When her father started the filling processing for her she was 21years as @ then, now she now 29yrs,she doesn't know her priority date because a lawyer is helping her in the USA .
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 11:34pm On Nov 17, 2023
idriskamss:

When her father started the filling processing for her she was 21years as @ then, now she now 29yrs,she doesn't know her priority date because a lawyer is helping her in the USA .
So she's F1. Based on the bulletin they are treating those with Priority Date of 1Jan2015 and earlier.

How did she know she's documentary qualified?
Let her father ask the lawyer for her priority date.

Or better tell her to come here and provide details
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by idriskamss: 11:47pm On Nov 17, 2023
Taal17:

So she's F1. Based on the bulletin they are treating those with Priority Date of 1Jan2015 and earlier.

They copied her in the mail that how she knew she is D Q
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 1:07am On Nov 18, 2023
Taal17:

Is she younger than 21? Then she's F2A if she was younger than 21 when her father filed for her then she's still F2A

F2A? Father is USC oo
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 1:08am On Nov 18, 2023
idriskamss:

She's F1 and she should know her PD.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 5:09am On Nov 18, 2023
aestake:

F2A? Father is USC oo
Thanks for the correction
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 5:17am On Nov 18, 2023
idriskamss:

Let her ask them.

If she gets communication from them then she should get her priority date
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ausdre(m): 10:27am On Nov 18, 2023
Taal17:

This is my situation now. But my mum is the beneficiary and my siblings and I are dependents. My grandmother filed for us. She was a US citizen at the time of filing. We were DQ in June and our priority date is April, 2015.

Please, when do you think we will get an interview date?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ausdre:

This is my situation now. But my mum is the beneficiary and my siblings and I are dependents. My grandmother filed for us. She was a US citizen at the time of filing. We were DQ in June and our priority date is April, 2015.

If your mom is married, it is F3. 5 to 6 yrs more! The thingy is not moving at all. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-december-2023.html?trk=public_post_comment-text
Go to table A and locate F3 under rest of the world. They are at 8th January 2009 against your PD of April 2015. I don't know how much DQ weighs in nowadays. Crazy migration system abi dysfunction!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by zed7: 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
The best way to handle this thing is to forget about it. If it comes, fine. I believe Trump's era greatly caused the setback.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 12:20am On Nov 19, 2023
Ausdre:

Are you sure about your priority date? April 2015
Because you shouldn't have been asked to submit documents if your priority date is in 2015
Maybe it's the date your petition was approved that you shared. .
Your priority date is the date USCIS received the I130 petition made for your mum..

Your real priority date is much earlier than 2015. NVC only sends messages to start uploading documents when your priority date is like about 6months to 1yr before it's current.

As at Dec bulletin Priority dates that are current are dates from Jan 8 2009 and earlier.

So if your PD is current and you're DQd then you are waiting for interview dates. In Nigeria there has been a backlog of people waiting for interview dates.
The longest part of the wait is over so it should be much shorter now.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 12:23am On Nov 19, 2023
Lastly you said your grandma was a US citizen?
I'm assuming she's alive and well right?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ausdre(m): 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
Taal17:
Lastly you said your grandma was a US citizen?
I'm assuming she's alive and well right?

Yes, she is. She's quite young.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ausdre(m): 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2023
Taal17:

Are you sure about your priority date? April 2015
Because you shouldn't have been asked to submit documents if your priority date is in 2015
Maybe it's the date your petition was approved that you shared. .
Your priority date is the date USCIS received the I130 petition made for your mum..

Your real priority date is much earlier than 2015. NVC only sends messages to start uploading documents when your priority date is like about 6months to 1yr before it's current.

As at Dec bulletin Priority dates that are current are dates from Jan 8 2009 and earlier.

So if your PD is current and you're DQd then you are waiting for interview dates. In Nigeria there has been a backlog of people waiting for interview dates.
The longest part of the wait is over so it should be much shorter now.

My mum is unmarried as my dad died before the whole process was initiated. It's actually F1 and not F3.

Also, PD is April 2015. Then in 2020 we were asked to go ahead and submit documents. We didn't because we were reconsidering the whole thing and it expired after a year.

Luckily and for some reason again, they asked us to send it again last year and the time frame expired April this year. We submitted the documents and were DQ around June/July after which we received a letter that we should wait for our interview.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ausdre(m): 10:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
aestake:

If your mom is married, it is F3. 5 to 6 yrs more! The thingy is not moving at all. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-december-2023.html?trk=public_post_comment-text
Go to table A and locate F3 under rest of the world. They are at 8th January 2009 against your PD of April 2015. I don't know how much DQ weighs in nowadays. Crazy migration system abi dysfunction!

She's F1.
My dad died before the whole process was initiated.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Rubysugar(f): 5:10am On Nov 20, 2023
Finally, the process ended in praise. IR 2 visas printed.
Sept 2020 - USCIS journey started.
Sept 2021 - NVC stage commenced.
Sept 2023 - Interview (RFE caused a setback)
Nov 2023 - Visas printed!

Dec 2023 ... Safe arrival in the US
To God be the glory!

*Minors under age 12

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 5:52am On Nov 20, 2023
Ausdre:

She's F1.
My dad died before the whole process was initiated.
Okay. I'm sorry on his passing. All the best, guys.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by idriskamss: 6:25pm On Nov 20, 2023
Taal17:

Let her ask them.

If she gets communication from them then she should get her priority date

Her pD is 23december 2016 so when is she likely to get the interview date and where are they now?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ausdre:

My mum is unmarried as my dad died before the whole process was initiated. It's actually F1 and not F3.

Also, PD is April 2015. Then in 2020 we were asked to go ahead and submit documents. We didn't because we were reconsidering the whole thing and it expired after a year.

Luckily and for some reason again, they asked us to send it again last year and the time frame expired April this year. We submitted the documents and were DQ around June/July after which we received a letter that we should wait for our interview.

Okay.

Well you're current so it's just to wait till Lagos schedules interviews.
I know ppl have mentioned Facebook groups for Lagos embassy interviews. That help in tracking where they are.

I'd guess and say within a year.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by idriskamss: 7:18am On Nov 23, 2023
idriskamss:

Her pD is 23december 2016 so when is she likely to get the interview date and where are they now?

Does anybody here as an idea of the above question pls?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ausdre(m): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
idriskamss:

Does anybody here as an idea of the above question pls?

I'm assuming it's F1.
They are at Jan 1, 2015 now. So that should give you what to expect.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2023
Within a year is for IR/CR categories. For the F categories, people DQ 2020 are still waiting for interview in Lagos

Taal17:

Okay.

Well you're current so it's just to wait till Lagos schedules interviews.
I know ppl have mentioned Facebook groups for Lagos embassy interviews. That help in tracking where they are.

I'd guess and say within a year.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ausdre(m): 9:42am On Nov 25, 2023
lily156:
Within a year is for IR/CR categories. For the F categories, people DQ 2020 are still waiting for interview in Lagos

We would have been DQ 2020 too but we didn't 'seek to acquire' our visa within one year after it became current in June 2020.

Luckily, it was reinstated and we were asked to apply again June last year. Thankfully, we still retain the original priority date.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 10:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
lily156:

And they were current?
At least the embassy should have been done with DQ 2020 who are curent within that year.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 6:52am On Nov 30, 2023
Yes, they are current. Nigeria has prioritized IR/CR categories since post-covid.
F categories that have been current since 2019/2020 and DQ since 2020 are still waiting for interviews (including F2A). This has nothing to do with being not current or the retrogressed ones. Several people on this thread are in that boat - they just keep getting the 60 days email.
Check the public visa issuance stats for Nigeria for the past 2 years.

Taal17:

And they were current?
At least the embassy should have been done with DQ 2020 who are curent within that year.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
lily156:
Yes, they are current. Nigeria has prioritized IR/CR categories since post-covid.
F categories that have been current since 2019/2020 and DQ since 2020 are still waiting for interviews (including F2A). This has nothing to do with being not current or the retrogressed ones. Several people on this thread are in that boat - they just keep getting the 60 days email.
Check the public visa issuance stats for Nigeria for the past 2 years.

I was DQ early 2020 and current mid 2019 and i know a few others too

So maybe those who got DQ much later in the ywar 2020b might still be waiting
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 11:27pm On Dec 01, 2023
Like you said, you were DQ early 2020. But I know July 2020 DQ upwards are still waiting for F categories. The only way forward is transfer for such people because Lagos is working super hard to clear the backlog for spouses of US citizens.

Taal17:

I was DQ early 2020 and current mid 2019 and i know a few others too

So maybe those who got DQ much later in the ywar 2020b might still be waiting
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by kennyfem(m): 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2023
Pls during documentation of f2b will I be ask
To do DNA? Or DNA is not necessary. Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 6:39am On Dec 13, 2023
If they have any reason to question paternity, they might request a DNA test. If there are no issues, they won't.

kennyfem:
Pls during documentation of f2b will I be ask
To do DNA? Or DNA is not necessary. Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by internationalman(m): 8:09am On Dec 14, 2023
Good morning house. I'm confused because everyone keeps mentioning Priority dates of 2015 and 2016, what about me and my brother that put priority date is 2014.

Could it be that NVC has forgotten about our case or could they have accidentally skipped it.

1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 1:53am On Dec 15, 2023
F24 is the same as F2B which means according to the visa bulletin, you're current and there's a visa available for you.
However, Nigeria still has a long backlog for the F categories which is frustrating. If you lived in another country, you'd have gotten your visa a year ago.
When did you become documentarily qualified at NVC?

internationalman:
Good morning house. I'm confused because everyone keeps mentioning Priority dates of 2015 and 2016, what about me and my brother that put priority date is 2014.

Could it be that NVC has forgotten about our case or could they have accidentally skipped it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.